New racquet- ideas? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New racquet- ideas?

yorkshire
08-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I used to play tennis a bit at school and now, nearly 10 years later, I've decided to pick up a racquet and start trying to play again.

I have an old Head racquet that I bought from Argos years and years ago that I've been using recently. It's OK, but not great and it's quite heavy and scratched.

I'm looking for something new that will hopefully help me to improve all areas of my game. My forehand isn't too bad, but my serve and backhand are severely lacking. Having only just started playing again recently, I'm still working on building up my consistency and timing, but I'm playing once a week, and hopefully more often soon.

It's a bit confusing trying to work out what racquet to go for. Does anyone have any good advice for a beginner working towards intermediate level?

All I know is that the racquet i currently have is a grip size of 4 1/2 and the head size is 660 sq cm.

Many thanks everyone :wavey:

tennisplayer89
08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Go to a local tennis shop and demo some racquets. They will be able to pick out a few for you. Pick out the one that feels best to you.

Burrow
08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
HEAD Prestige Classic. Best racket ever.

mrserenawilliams
08-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Nothing substitutes for demoing a racquet for yourself.

TENNIS RACQUET HEADQUARTERS (www.tenniswarehouse.com)

Winnipeg
08-21-2007, 03:44 AM
cool

jazar
08-22-2007, 08:44 PM
wilson kzen
prince 03 speedport red
head flexpoint radical team

these would be your best options