Guille on Grass!!! LMAO!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guille on Grass!!! LMAO!!!

Guille's Girl
05-19-2004, 01:56 PM
I think I almost threw out my back laughing at this!!! LMAO sorry. Go Guille!!! LMAO!!!

Claycourter Coria to hit Queen's grass
Wed 19 May, 2004 10:28

LONDON, May 19 (Reuters) - World number three Guillermo Coria will
abandon his beloved clay courts to play on Queen's Club's slick grass
to get in shape at Wimbledon.

The Argentine, a favourite for next week's French Open, has accepted
a wildcard into the Stella Artois Championships for the first time,
said tournament spokesman David Law.

The traditional Wimbledon warm-up event takes place in London from
June 7 to 13.

Coria will be hoping to reproduce his fantastic claycourt form on
grass and show he can win on all surfaces.

Widely regarded as the hot favourite to win the French Open, the 22-
year-old won 31 consecutive matches on clay before losing in the
Hamburg final last Sunday.

He has also shown plenty of ability on other surfaces, reaching the
final on Miami's hard courts earlier this year, and the U.S. Open
quarter-finals in 2003.

Coria has not been beyond the first round at Wimbledon in two
previous attempts, but this year will mark the first time he has
chosen to play an event on grass in the run-up to the tournament.

Coria will be joined in the Queen's draw by U.S. Open champion Andy
Roddick, former Wimbledon champions Goran Ivanisevic and Lleyton
Hewitt and Britain's Tim Henman.

Tournament director Ian Wight has four further wild cards to award
before the event gets under way.

undomiele
05-19-2004, 04:22 PM
funny. :D Love your avatar Guilles girl.

Guille's Girl
05-19-2004, 06:17 PM
danx! :D

willie
05-19-2004, 08:39 PM
IT WOULD BE VERY FUNNY TO WATCH CORIA ON GRASS, I DONT THINK HE COULD DO VERY MUCH BUT HE WOULD TRY IT AND THAT IS THE IMPORTANT THING.

Fostin
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Everybody thinks He can only do it on clay.... He has prooved he is an incredibly player on hard surfaces as well... and He couldnt show his talent on grass too... We´ll see what happens... ;)

Carito_90
05-19-2004, 10:17 PM
To be honest, i've never watched coria play on grass (hey, i started gettin into tennis in december of 2003 :lol: ) but as far as i know, he's as good as andy roddick on clay :lol:
We'll see how it goes ;)

Ma. Estefania
05-19-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry to maybe be seen as rude with what I'm gonna say, but I don't find anything funny on this, instead I'm very proud of Guille by taking this decision, it shows that he's taking Wimbledon in a very serious way and won't give it up as many other usual "claycourters" do.

It really shows that he wants to be better at every surface and won't give up just by being "one of the best in clay"....he's always trying to improve, and this is a good step.

:clap2: for Guille.

Carito_90
05-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Agree :)

Neely
05-19-2004, 11:10 PM
I LOVE the decision of Guille to play on grass... just like Moyá announced the same some days ago that he will play Wimbledon. I love that!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce:

argiesf
05-20-2004, 12:49 AM
He looks good on green too!!! :haha: VAMOSMAGO!! :woohoo:

Fostin
05-20-2004, 03:07 PM
He rox!

Carito_90
05-20-2004, 04:17 PM
just like Moyá announced the same some days ago that he will play Wimbledon.

:banana:

LubiG
05-21-2004, 01:27 AM
I think Guille can do well in any surface :) Good luck boy!!

Guille's Girl
05-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah on his website he said he ASKED for a wildcard. Damn! That kids' got some kind of determination.

WOW Carito! You just started following tennis eh? Well I guess I should say welcome to the coolest sport on earth :D I've watched tennis since I was 4. Just started following it closely since.....July 2003! LMAO! I mean, I don't remember AO 2003, RG 2003 ( :sad: ) half of Whimby. Never had a fav player till US Open 2003. Ah those were the days. No fav player, just watching for the love of the game. LMAO ok it's not so bad but yeah. It was kinda hard to follow tennis what with there not being much on tv, then not having cable anyway, and no computer. But it's all good now :D Tennis is the shizniz.

ale
06-03-2004, 03:58 AM
HE will win Wimbledon :)

Lalitha
06-03-2004, 04:33 AM
HE will win Wimbledon

Hahaha, he may/he may not, but I think he won't be there as comfortable as on other surfaces. I'm not saying that he is a dirt baller, I know he has reached the finals of a few hard court tournaments. But to win Wimbly right away, is not easy.

Heron
06-03-2004, 07:44 AM
let's think to Roland Garros ..before ! LOL LOL :)

tennyfan
06-03-2004, 03:25 PM
During the Moya/Coria match, they mentioned Coria and Nalbandian won the Jr. doubles title at Wimbledon a few years ago. If this is correct information (never trust the media), I think the potential is there for him to play well on grass again! Since he did so poorly at Wimbledon last year, progressing far at Wimbledon this year will give him a great opportunity to move closer to Federer in the rankings, as Federer is mostly defending points and Coria has only a few points to defend at Wimbledon. I think he was very wise to play these 2 pre-Wimbledon grass tournaments in preparation. Go Guille!

alita
06-03-2004, 04:40 PM
During the Moya/Coria match, they mentioned Coria and Nalbandian won the Jr. doubles title at Wimbledon a few years ago. If this is correct information (never trust the media),
It's true, Tenny!
In 1997, they won Wimbledon title, and 1999 won RG.
1999, Guille and Nalby reach the RG final
at last, Guille won over Nalby captured the title.

alita
06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
HE will win Wimbledon :)
:wavey: Ale! Welcome welcome!!:)
Actually, I don't think so, not be confident in Guille, but you know, grass is not his favourite.
Anyway, I think he'll do better than last year.;)

Guille's Girl
06-03-2004, 11:53 PM
He'll do better this year but NALLY IS GONNA WIN WIMBY! :bounce:

esther
06-05-2004, 06:23 AM
Guille has proven he's not only a clay courter.
He'll do great on grass if he keeps injury free!!

star
06-05-2004, 06:46 PM
I hope you are right about that, Esther! :)

The Queen's draw is out. It seems funny for Guille to be the number two seed in a grass tournament. Unfortunately his first match will probably be against Wayne Arthurs. I wish he had a different opening match because that one is not likely to give him much practice on grass.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Guille on grass this year, I'm interested to see how he will adapt and perform. Good luck at Queens Coria.

esther
06-05-2004, 11:43 PM
hmm there does sound like that isnt right, that hes a number 2 seed on grass huh?!
oh well...hope he's not worn out next week

Ma. Estefania
06-06-2004, 12:52 AM
All the best for him at the grass season.