Marcos runs again US Open Series... waiting !! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marcos runs again US Open Series... waiting !!

linus
08-04-2007, 02:06 PM
After ENOUGH rest, Montreal coming tho so touch :aplot:

here Marcos' 1/8 section in Canada... what battle(s) :smoke:

Roddick v Bye
Clement v Bester
Bagdatis v Moya
Berdych v Q

baghdatis
08-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Pame Marco :rocker2:

H_E_L_L_A_S
08-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Hes got Moya 1st round gunna be a tough match, lets hope Marco can get through to at least quarters

baghdatis
08-06-2007, 05:56 AM
He needs some good results for the next two weeks to get his ranking in the top 16!
If this happen he will have higher chances of getting to USO quarters or furthur :D

sdimitri
08-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Is he playing today?
Pame Marcos!!!

MariaV
08-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Is he playing today?
Pame Marcos!!!

Erm nope, he's not playing today yet. :wavey:

Blue Heart24
08-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Go Marcos :D

linus
08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
today not before 19:30 local time, on center court :cool: wish myself to wake up to watch it tho really tough to do that :p

Marcos, do it !!

sdimitri
08-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Marcos won:worship: :worship: :worship:

From ATP site:

"After fighting off five set points in the first set, Marcos Baghdatis steam rolled his way past Carlos Moya, winning 19 of the first 21 points of the second set en route to a 7-6(7), 6-1 win at the Rogers Masters.

Baghdatis saved four consecutive set points at 2/6 in the tie-break - the best with a topspin backhand lob over an outstretched Moya at 5/6 - and a fifth set point shortly after. The Cypriot closed out the set on his first set point before going on a tear in the second set, during which he lost a total of just nine points, despite serving at just 25 percent in the set. He did not face a break point during the match. "

Today he is playing Robin Haase.

He can win again!!

Pame Marco!!!

MariaV
08-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Here the funny interview thing. First in French about the match and training in Cyprus. That tie break! :eek: :worship: :bowdown:

Entrevues - Interviews
Le 7 août 2007 - August 7, 2007

M. BAGHDATIS/C. Moya
7‑6, 6‑1

MARCOS BAGHDATIS

Q. En arrière 6‑2 dans le bris d'égalité ..
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Parlez un petit peu ‑‑ parlez français, pas canadien. Je comprends rien.

Q. Avec un recul de 6‑2 au bris d'égalité, qu'est‑ce qui vous est passé par la tête à ce moment‑là?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: J'essayais de rester concentré, essayer de jouer point par point et j'ai très bien servi. À ce moment‑là, j'ai mis les deux premières dedans à ce point‑là, et après, sur la balle de set sur son service, j'ai fait un lob fantastique et voilà. Je suis content de m'en sortir aujourd'hui, parce que c’était pas un match facile, c'était un match piège, et Moya, il jouait très bien, il était en confiance. À part le service, tout a marché. La première balle de service, j'ai pas trop bien servi aujourd'hui, mais je pense, petit à petit, en travaillant, ça va venir.

Q. Avez‑vous l'impression de l'avoir un peu démoralisé après le bris d'égalité?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: C'est vrai qu'après le tie‑break il a baissé un petit peu mentalement et physiquement. Et voilà. Moi de mon côté je voulais pas le laisser revenir, je voulais le match, parce qu'hier, j'ai vu Canas perdre quand il menait 4‑0, donc j'ai pensé à ça à 4‑0. Alors j'ai essayé de finir le plus tôt possible, quoi.

Q. Comment tu te sens? Je te trouvais particulièrement incisif.
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Pardon?

Q. Je parle du ...
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Incisif, ça veut dire?

Q. Bien, bon, quoi, à l'aise, tranchant, percutant.
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Ouais, j'ai bien travaillé dernièrement, là, à Chypre. Je suis bien, je travaille bien, je suis bien physiquement. La seule chose qui manque c'est jouer des matchs. En jouant des matchs, on regagne un petit peu de confiance dans le match, surtout trouver des routines que j'avais avant, trouver le rythme, et voilà, c'est juste ça. Et je pense qu'en jouant des matchs comme ça, en jouant des matchs d'entraînement, ça va venir.

Q. Comment tu t'organises à Chypre? Comment ça se passe?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: À Chypre?

Q. Oui.
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Bien, je m'entraîne.

Q. Qu'est‑ce que tu fais comme entraînement?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: On en a déjà parlé. C'est plus sympa. L'atmosphère est plus sympa. Je suis plus heureux de travailler. Après mes entraînements, j'ai plus de choses à faire qu'avant et je suis content de vivre, quoi, je suis heureux.

Q. Qu'est‑ce que tu fait justement alors, parallèlement au tennis, cet été? Un peu de coupe Davis?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Bouffer avec la famille, bouffer avec des copains, jouer à la belotte. Des trucs cons, quoi, des trucs vraiment cons, mais voilà qui me font du bien.

(L'entrevue se poursuit en français) :scratch:

Q. Down 6‑2 in the tiebreak, what do you call on to maintain your focus and turn that around?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: I just said to myself, Just stay focused and play every point ‑ and that's what I did. I guess the only two first serves in a row I put was at 6‑3, 6‑4 in the match (smiling). That's what I did.
I was really solid, played a fantastic lob on set point, the fourth set point. I'm pretty happy. And Moya started to go down physically, mentally. He just wasn't there. I just wanted to finish it off as soon as possible, and that's what I did.

Q. You're going to play against Robin Haase, one of the surprises for the tournament, who beat Berdych. What are your expectations?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Haase is playing very good. He played good last week in Washington. He's coming up. He's a young player. He has nothing to lose. He will just go in the court and play solid, play his game.
I'll just stay focused, just try to stay a bit better than today. I'm not worried, I'm playing good from the baseline, I'm returning well. The only thing I guess I have to do better is just serve better, just find my routines.

Q. Were you surprised to see the air come out of Moya the way it did?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yeah, it was surprising because I thought he would fight. I don't know. I don't know what went through his head.

Q. Why did you shave the beard? :o :rolleyes:
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Felt like shaving it (smiling). :lol: :yeah:

Q. Can you explain a little bit about the film crew thing that has been going on evidently for quite a while.
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: It's a film, a 'reportage' that they want to do for the academy that I was based in, that I'm based in now. So they're following like seven players, other players and me, like to show what's the tennis life, how does a champion come through. They started doing that when I was ‑‑ in 2004 when I just finished number one junior. I guess just to show my career.

Q. Have they been using the film as they go along or is it going to be one big thing?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: I don't really know about that. I'm not into it. I'm not the one who is taking care of this.

Q. The guy who shoots it, it's just one guy?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Four.

Q. You don't know them? They just follow you?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: I know him now. He's one of my good friends (laughter).

Q. How long did it take to meet him? I know they're not here this week, but how is it during a tournament?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: I didn't know them before. There are four. I just tried ‑‑ the boss was traveling in the beginning with me. I was feeling good with him, but he had to stop. I tried two guys, and I didn't like them. Then the third one was a good guy, I felt good with him. He's a friend now.

Q. At any one time, how many guys are following you around?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: One.

Q. Just one?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yeah, all the time.

Q. The first one was in 2004. Now you're on the third guy?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yeah.

Q. Do any of the other players think it's a bit strange?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: I don't know. Nobody told me anything.

Q. Does he come in the locker room?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: No, no, not allowed. It's more about life. It's like outside, what we do after match, between matches.

Q. Go to dinner?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yeah, stuff like this.

Q. Do you think it's going to go on a long time?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: I don't know. We're just discussing about it. I don't know if it would continue. For the other kids in the academy, it stopped. With me, we don't know yet.

Q. They're all other kids in the academy, not other tennis professionals?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: They're kids, 16, 15 years old.

Q. They're playing in local or regional events?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: International, juniors, everything.

Q. Do you like it? Is it fun to have this guy around?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yeah, really the guy who's with me is like ‑‑ I don't know, I don't really notice he's here. I just don't notice. He's a great guy. I feel good with him. Feels like a friend. Slowly, slowly you get ‑ how you say ‑ the rhythm. You don't see that the camera's there.

Q. Do you ever take him to dinner or does he watch you eat?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: No, he eats with us (smiling).

Q. Camera on?
MARCOS BAGHDATIS: No, off.

http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/fr/draws/interviews/baghdatis.asp

baghdatis_10
08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
wooooo baghdtais beat moya!!!...good job baggy!!:yeah:...now lets get through to the third round! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

linus
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
thanks dears for all the info :D

Masha :wavey: thats my first time to know the story :cool:

linus
08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
today the 5th match on Court1 since 11:00 local time

against Haase :aplot:

baghdatis
08-08-2007, 03:51 PM
4th match now coz of Blakes withdrawal

LilyRoseAva
08-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Highlights Baghdatis / Haase :wavey:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ipcu0

sdimitri
08-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Marcos won Robin Haase of the Netherlands, 6-2, 3-6, 6-1
Bravo Marco!!!
Now he will face Andy Roddick in the next round.
Pame Marco you can do it!!!

baghdatis_10
08-09-2007, 05:52 AM
woooooooo cmon baghdatis lets beat roddick!!!!

MariaV
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
thanks dears for all the info :D

Masha :wavey: thats my first time to know the story :cool:

Tosee! :wavey: I didn't know the story about the film either. Maybe we'll get to see something one day. :)
Marcos plays Andy Roddick in the night match tonight not befoe 19.30 pm local time. It's gonna be tough.

linus
08-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Marcos won :banana:

I didnt catch his match at all for that :awww: and to be honest, Haase at present is a good player beyond his rankings :p

Next.... Roddick :aplot: beat him :lol:

linus
08-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Highlights Baghdatis / Haase :wavey:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ipcu0
who can help me please please I cant load on sendspace at all at all :awww: but I so wanna watch this :wavey:

btw... dear, whether could you try other site for those highlights? for all over the world? http://www.zupload.com without down limit :)

linus
08-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Tosee! :wavey: I didn't know the story about the film either. Maybe we'll get to see something one day. :)
:hug: Marcos always makes me happy, he is that kind of guy who wont give ppl around any pressure even when he loses his good status sometimes :cool:

Allure
08-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Allez Baghdatis. Go kick Duckie's ass. :worship:

baghdatis_10
08-10-2007, 08:54 AM
he lost :(:(:(...ohhhhh well its ok he can go better in the us ope! :)

baghdatis
08-10-2007, 09:49 AM
nice try Marco! :) Next time try to get your fh over the net :rolleyes: :lol:

linus
08-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Marcos :hug:

take it easy and lets try next time :aplot:

baghdatis
08-11-2007, 09:38 AM
This is his 1/4 in the draw for next week!

1 Roger Federer Sui

bye

Dmitri Tursunov Rus

Q

Tim Henman GBR

Juan Igacio Chela Arg

Marcos Baghdatis Cyp

14 Andy Murray GBR

Good Luck :banana:

linus
08-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I dont think Marcos could easily go further while anyway it doesnt matter, he has to win the matches he should do :aplot:

Allez :banana:

linus
08-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Today against Murray :cool:

Rafas_grl
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Tough match but Murray doesnt look quite in shape..he had his up and down this week
Hopefully Marcos will take him down!!

baghdatis
08-15-2007, 01:10 AM
marcos won 6-1 6-2 :banana:

Baghdatis72
08-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Tomorrow he plays against Chela. It's a tough match for Baggy on a hard court as Chela has beaten him twice on that surface the last two and only times they played against.

The good thing is that the losses were 2 years ago so now he is much better and he can beat Chela :D

Vamos Baggy :rocker2:

baghdatis_10
08-15-2007, 06:30 AM
cmon baggy u can do it!! :D

Rafas_grl
08-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Great match by Marcos!! Murray was obviously not in shape and so Marcos finished him off in 48 minutes! kinda felt sorry for him..
Next is Chela today at 7.30pm

baghdatis
08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
^^^

7:00pm!

linus
08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Marcos to win to win please :aplot:

the time doesnt fit me, I cant be awake at the moment but I will try :)

Marcos, Allez !! :rocker:

tennisfan16
08-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Good luck to Marcos! I remember the first time I saw him was during the US Open in 2004 when he played Federer. Him taking a set off of Roger coupled with his blatant enthusiasm sealed the deal for me :)

tt boy
08-16-2007, 12:33 AM
choked away the 1st set tiebreak.he's done now:eek:

baghdatis
08-16-2007, 06:08 AM
He won :)

baghdatis_10
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
wooo lets beat federer now!! :)

H_E_L_L_A_S
08-16-2007, 09:28 AM
THA GAMISI TON MALAKA TOV FEDERER lol I HOPE

baghdatis
08-16-2007, 10:39 AM
lol Pame!!!

linus
08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Marcos :cool:

tomorrow right? I dont think it is easy for Marcos to make another shock while of course I always have hopes :aplot:

Allez !!

Rafas_grl
08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Their first match after the Aussie Open great final! sounds good!!

Good Luck Marcos!!

linus
08-17-2007, 04:49 AM
At the beginning, Marcos played so well but soon looked so exhausted :hug:

Now we have to roll on the big surface :banana:

baghdatis_10
08-17-2007, 07:30 AM
he played good all game round against federer imo...good run baggy! :)

Rafas_grl
08-29-2007, 07:37 AM
What happened with his doubles in the USO?
was he injured or something or was it Wawrinka?