9 Yr Old Australian Boy Signs for Manchester United. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

9 Yr Old Australian Boy Signs for Manchester United.

Gamblore
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM

Grandad's DVD impresses club's scouts

Rhian Davis has a lot to thank his Grandad for. The 9-year-old who lives in Brisbane, Australia has been signed up for Manchester United after his Grandad sent the club a DVD of his grandson playing football.

Rhian, who was born in the UK and moved to Australia when he was four, is now returning with his family to live in Britain after the club invited him to join their youth academy. Rhain told the local paper: 'Being here has been brilliant so far. The best part has been meeting a lot of the players, like Wayne Rooney.'

His mother Leah said: 'He has hardly taken off his United shirt since he was invited over. It's a dream come true for him.'

The Kid has some talent. Good luck to the kid.

xcrap
08-03-2007, 08:33 AM
just saw him play on sports new.

he is good, got ball skills.

alpay
08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't know what to make of this, honestly. When the world was going crazy over the 14year old Freddy Adu of the United States, I thought it was already a landmark in football talent scouting. Signing a nine year old?! That's gotta take the cake.. Man Utd's my team and I wish the kid the best of luck. It's the perfect club to go to for a youngster..

Gamblore
08-03-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't know what to make of this, honestly. When the world was going crazy over the 14year old Freddy Adu of the United States, I thought it was already a landmark in football talent scouting. Signing a nine year old?! That's gotta take the cake.. Man Utd's my team and I wish the kid the best of luck. It's the perfect club to go to for a youngster..

Them or Arsenal. Its a shame my 9 year old cousin doesn't take more interest in his soccer.

bad gambler
08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Ethically this is simply not right.

FIFA really need to do something about these big clubs signing up kids at such a young age.

jayjay
08-03-2007, 12:20 PM

FIFA really need to do something about these big clubs signing up kids at such a young age.

He's only training with them, he won't officially become part of their academy until they offer him a scholarship at 11 or 12 to join their academy. Youth development is the lifeblood of many clubs, even some of the top ones. Whether this kid turns out to be a pro remains to be seen, it's a shame for him that the hype machine is already in over drive.

sports freak
08-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Must be the same scouts that took Krisnan Inu in their arms :)

sports freak
08-04-2007, 01:36 AM

The Kid has some talent. Good luck to the kid.

Im not sure if its the same kid or just got older but i saw something like this a couple of yrs back with a young gun trying out for Man U :) Good luck to him,that's one very LUCKY KID!!

The Gucci one
08-04-2007, 01:43 AM

I don't see the problem in this case. This kid will still go to school and get an education.He will be living with his parents and 2 sisters. He will make new friends amongst his football buddies. Where is the problem I'm glad he signed up with my team. The only problem to me is that he will end up playing for England and not Australia.

Bolar Bolabi
08-04-2007, 03:00 AM
How old are his two sisters? I might move over to the UK and help the lad reach his dreams.

The Gucci one
08-04-2007, 05:23 AM
I don't know Bolar the article I read didn't say

xcrap
08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG47FDenyXw

kid in action

dave nz
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Wanted to back him never to play for Man U I knew the juice would be massive and it sure is lol 1.02. Ummm no bet!

rod_steel
08-09-2007, 04:24 AM
He looks like any other 9 year old kid you see on Saturday afternoon in the park