Nole is THE CHAMPION of MONTREAL Thread! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Nole is THE CHAMPION of MONTREAL Thread!

Pages : 1 [2]

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Anyway, I feel it's time for me to make the inappropriate comment I've been holding back which was

"I have two mountains Novak can climb wherever he wants them to be" :aplot: :rolls:

Lee
08-12-2007, 04:39 AM
:rolls: Jess

uglyamerican
Anyway, I feel it's time for me to make the inappropriate comment I've been holding back which was

"I have two mountains Novak can climb wherever he wants them to be" :aplot: :rolls:

Does Jess think Novak played better vs Rafa today---or in Miami?

savesthedizzle
And on that note, I'm off to bed for the evening :) :angel:

Baghdatis72
08-12-2007, 04:40 AM

:o Lucky Novak ;) :worship:

jitterbug
I saw that coming :aplot:

savesthedizzle
Does Jess think Novak played better vs Rafa today---or in Miami?

I only got to see the second set because that's when I got home from work. Hmmm.... I recorded it though of course. Ermm... that's a tough one. I think Miami though. Close.

Scotso
There's nothing inappropriate about big knockers.

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:41 AM
I saw that coming :aplot:

You're too good :worship: :p

savesthedizzle
There's nothing inappropriate about big knockers.

Well I usually don't invite Nole to climb them :)

I always admit that I have them :p

Lee
One miracle that Nole performed tonight: he made Nadal lost the fighting spirit.

savesthedizzle
:o Lucky Novak ;) :worship:

:angel: :lol:

uglyamerican
08-12-2007, 04:42 AM
knockers

I always giggle when I hear this word.

uglyamerican
08-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Novak crosses over $3,000,000 in career prize money this week.

Beforehand
08-12-2007, 05:09 AM
I'm breaking the rules of Federer fandom by doing this, I guess, but I wish a bucketfull of luck to Nole tomorrow, and if Roger somehow loses tomorrow, maybe I'll have to turn my head and whistle like I didn't notice it happened.

soraya
08-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I am happy Nole is in the final but I am not ready yet to cheer for him tomorrow. Good luck to both guys and may the best man win.

PennyThePenguin
08-12-2007, 12:17 PM

:tape: :tape:

and i'm so glad novakito won. now's the time to take that number 1 spot ;)

Nollie
08-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Yes, great win :bigclap:

neenah
08-12-2007, 02:20 PM
There are mountains in NJ :armed:

Those are hills, not mountains :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramapo_Mountains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kittatinny_Mountains

:ras:

Okay, so they're not the Himalayas. :lol:

neenah
08-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh, and back on topic, I'm pretty excited for the final. I'm a huge fan of both Fed and Nole, so I don't really care who wins (sorry :p) but I can't watch the final, if there will even be a livestream, so I'll find out tonight when I get home...

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes. And also there are places to go skiing around here, and we all know Nole is an excellent skiier. So surely there are more mountains for skiing purposes :rolls:

neenah
08-12-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.mountaincreek.com/index.htm

It has skiing AND a water park for the summer, if Nole enjoys swimming. :p All conveniently an hour or so from my house!

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.mountaincreek.com/index.htm

It has skiing AND a water park for the summer, if Nole enjoys swimming. :p All conveniently an hour or so from my house!

An hour or so from my house too :dance:

nikki-luvin-life
08-12-2007, 06:15 PM
yyeeaaa nole broke roger in his first service game!

linus
08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Novak :yeah: :woohoo:

Brave guy, really brave :worship:

Another AMS title :eek: happy to die now :sobbing: :aplot:

Jadranka
08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Novak je zakon :worship: :worship:

nikki-luvin-life
08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I Can Now Relax, Glad Thats Over! Well Done Nole

Nollie
08-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow! Nole:worship:

jeahhh!
08-12-2007, 08:31 PM
OMFG Nole:woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :bounce: :drink: :drink: :banana: :banana: :banana:

RonE
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey guys. :wavey: I just wanted to come here to offer my congrats to Djokovic and his fans. He played the big points simply brilliantly and was the better player today. You guys have a lot to be proud of as his fans.

He will no doubt take this momentum into Cincinnati and NYC and I have no doubt he will have awesome results there too :yeah:

Anne-Claire
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
NOLE :worship: :worship:

CassL
08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
OMG, can't believe this. Kiefer, Nalby, Roddick, Nadal, and now FEDERER!

Papigica
08-12-2007, 08:40 PM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1577/bananaiz1.gifhttp://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1577/bananaiz1.gifhttp://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1577/bananaiz1.gif

BRAVO!!!!!

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
OH. MY. GOD!!!! :worship:
I'm speechless at the moment

amdany
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
:bounce: :bounce: I can't believe it, I'm so glaaaaaaaaaad for him but I have to say that I thought it was over when he lost his serve at 4-3 waw what a relief:worship:

TMJordan
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Simply amazing Novak is :worship:

peacechick
08-12-2007, 08:47 PM
NOVAK!!!! :banana: :woohoo:
I was just jumping up and down in front of the computer :lol:

anon57
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Congratulations to Djokivic and his fans on an amazing week for him.

TwistedDesire.
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh well I'm an Andy forum regular I'd say but Nole has been my 2nd favorite for a while now and I just came to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so proud of him. :)

Layla13
08-12-2007, 09:01 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm SO SO SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
And so glad because he corected that guy when he told that Nole is from Croatia!!!!
I'm so proud to be a Serb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soraya
08-12-2007, 09:03 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: way to go Nole.

neenah
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Nole!! Amazing!!! Wow. Finally Roger has more competition. I love competition. I'm so happy, and so proud of Nole. He is the real thing. :D

Layla13
08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
I Adore Him!!!!

nikki-luvin-life
08-12-2007, 09:11 PM
yyeeaaa im so happy cant wait to see the pictures with roger getting second place lol!

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 09:20 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm SO SO SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
And so glad because he corected that guy when he told that Nole is from Croatia!!!!
I'm so proud to be a Serb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That comment almost ruined my day. But he managed to beat numbers 3, 2 and 1 back to back :worship:

Way to go Nole!!!!!!!

Ale81
FANTASTIC!!!:eek: :eek: No other words... simply fantastic in this week :worship: :worship:

silverwhite
Congrats. :yeah:

rocketassist
08-12-2007, 09:22 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nole is not just a young gun anymore, but a champion.

Slayed the dragon, let the champagne (and the Trinity Wars) begin ;)

clooe
08-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Congratulations Nole!!!!!
:worship: :worship:

Richa®d^Fan
08-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Congratulations on Nole's great game! :worship: He won this title against the best tennis player in the world - #1 seeded Roger Federer.:devil: Uhhaa,amazing!He just played incredible - like no other today.Roger is good, the best.. but now he saw that the new champion of this tournament is exacly Novak !!! :p It was pleasure for me to see that wonderful match!

neenah
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I love Nole right now. :lol:

jitterbug
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
You gotta be kidding me!!! :woohoo:

jeahhh!
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I heart Nole!!!!
HUSJIB*YUTEYUIJHE*(^WRFGHSJBKAJOIUW&W^^%#GNSMJAPOOJ SVDSFGVJHAQRW!!TWGJKJWPO

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I heart Nole!!!!
my thoughts exactly ;)

neenah
08-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I heart Nole!!!!

Just about sums up how I feel right now. :)

As a big Fed fan I have to say although I'm disappointed he lost I love that he's getting some competition. And I'm SO EXCITED that it's Nole that's the competition!!! Another rivalry maybe?? :D

neenah
08-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I heart Nole!!!!

my thoughts exactly ;)

Great minds think alike. ;)

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Great minds think alike. ;)

another thought we share ;)

Grofica
08-12-2007, 09:55 PM
and :banana: party begins :banana:

Grofica
08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
today is good day to be Serb Novak won waterpolo crew won World Ligue, again:) juniors won European basketball championship and we are waiting Ana to complet our day :)

neenah
08-12-2007, 10:03 PM
another thought we share ;)

:lol:

Baghdatis72
08-12-2007, 10:11 PM
At last Novak beats Federer and in a final of a Masters Series event :woohoo:
It's about time people realize that he is the real deal ;)

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I almost died at least 50 different times during that match :rolls:

jalejvojgklwgjslkdjvhewfiow3fuaklwjfkmsdjvjksahgaw jkghawkghwjkghjkwhgjaedghajwfghweighaWIOEGHAJOSHM, SDGJKAGHjkhgjkawhk

Is basically how I feel :D

I'm so happy! I knew today was the day! I knew it!!! :D

ica
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
nole is the champion,NOLE IS THE CHAMPION,NOLE IS THE CHAMPION.YES ,YES YES,TODAY IS THE BIG DAY FOR ALL OF US,FOR NOVAK. HE WON ROGER FEDERER. I ALLWAYS BELIVE IN NOVAK ,AND NOW JUST LIKE HE SAID,,THE DREAM COMES TRUE,,:) :) :) :) :) :)

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey guys. :wavey: I just wanted to come here to offer my congrats to Djokovic and his fans. He played the big points simply brilliantly and was the better player today. You guys have a lot to be proud of as his fans.

He will no doubt take this momentum into Cincinnati and NYC and I have no doubt he will have awesome results there too :yeah:

Congratulations to Djokivic and his fans on an amazing week for him.

Oh well I'm an Andy forum regular I'd say but Nole has been my 2nd favorite for a while now and I just came to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so proud of him. :)

Thank you visitors for these nice comments :wavey:

Guys, I have a problem. ESPN didn't show his speech. Please tell me someone has it recorded and can put it on dailymotion or something :D

jeahhh!
08-12-2007, 10:18 PM

I know thats the best way to put it right:lol:

Guys, I have a problem. ESPN didn't show his speech. Please tell me someone has it recorded and can put it on dailymotion or something :D
ESPN sucks:(

ica
08-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Nole , He Is The Number 1.

neenah
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM

Thanks from me, too. :)

I didn't even get to see the match, let alone the speech. :sobbing:

jitterbug
08-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Ana is leading by a set and a break.. Make it two Serbian champions today! :bounce:

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 10:23 PM

jalejvojgklwgjslkdjvhewfiow3fuaklwjfkmsdjvjksahgaw jkghawkghwjkghjkwhgjaedghajwfghweighaWIOEGHAJOSHM, SDGJKAGHjkhgjkawhk

ah, another great mind to think alike! I love how eloquent we all are ;)

I didn't even get to see the match, let alone the speech. :sobbing:

me either :sad: well, to be honest I could watch the match , but me and my silly superstitions :rolleyes:

nikki-luvin-life
08-12-2007, 10:24 PM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62rnfj5

he luks so cute! p.s i hope this work never posted a pic before

neenah
08-12-2007, 10:32 PM

Aww. :)

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I need a Serb. Who's here that wants to help me?

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 10:40 PM
at your service.

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I pm-ed you :lol:

I think I know what it says, but I want to be sure... was it about a game on here and asking how to play? If so they sent the same PM in english and serbian, so then I know what it says.

Sleepwalker64
08-12-2007, 10:45 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Long live new Prince! Kiddo, half of Belgrade is drunk! Fck Cincy, come home and get a royal welcome!:bigclap: :crazy: :woohoo: :banana: :banana:

neenah
08-12-2007, 10:46 PM
My dad: "I think this Djokovic kid is the future of tennis!"

Didn't need him to tell me! :D

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM

Long live new Prince! Kiddo, half of Belgrade is drunk! Fck Cincy, come home and get a royal welcome!:bigclap: :crazy: :woohoo: :banana: :banana:

He'll wait until after he wins the USO when all of Belgrade is drunk instead of only half ;) :lol:

New Jersey is about to do some :drink: too :rolls:

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I pm-ed you :lol:

I think I know what it says, but I want to be sure... was it about a game on here and asking how to play? If so they sent the same PM in english and serbian, so then I know what it says.

I already translated it before I saw this post.
never mind, I love translating.

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 10:59 PM

like we need Nole to be drunk ;) , but anyway, cheers to Nole

My dad: "I think this Djokovic kid is the future of tennis!"

Didn't need him to tell me! :D
better late than never.

Scotso
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
So happy for Nole and Ana! :banana:

We should dedicate this to all of the wonderful 'tards in GM who said Nole had no chance to beat Roddick, Nadal, and Federer in a row.

I'm so happy. This is a wonderful day with Nole. He really proved now that he has what it takes to be #1. :yeah:

Andi-M
08-12-2007, 11:04 PM

He looks adorable!!

Im soo proud of him!!!!! :kiss: :bigclap:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 11:06 PM
So happy for Nole and Ana! :banana:

We should dedicate this to all of the wonderful 'tards in GM who said Nole had no chance to beat Roddick, Nadal, and Federer in a row.

I'm so happy. This is a wonderful day with Nole. He really proved now that he has what it takes to be #1. :yeah:

And all the tards in GM years ago who said Nole would never be any better than a top 20 player ;)

All the hatas can kiss my derriere :p :lol: He finally did it and proved that he can beat both Nadal AND Fed and... well ... it's just an awesome day. It was weird how optimistic I was this morning because it's so out of character. I just had a feeling in my gut that today was the day, and it's absolutely glorious :D

Andi-M
08-12-2007, 11:11 PM
N. DJOKOVIC/R. Federer

7‑6, 2‑6, 7‑6

An interview with:

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: I'd just like to say that Novak is the first player since Boris Becker in Stockholm in 1994 to beat the top three players in the same tournament. He's also the first player to beat Roger and Rafa in the same tournament. We'll open it up for questions.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Wow (smiling).

Q. How does that feel?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That was pretty impressing, you know, just to hear that. Well, you know, where to start? It's been an amazing week for me, amazing tournament. Probably next to Miami, the best tournament of my career. I can say that this was even bigger success because I managed to beat first three players of the world in the last three rounds, you know.
I can't describe the feeling I have right now. It's like a dream come true, especially against Federer in the finals, to win those tiebreakers was just incredible. I managed to win these tiebreaks against a player who probably has the best score in tiebreakers, who is the strongest player mentally in the world right now.

Q. Can you take us through the match. You were in good shape in the first, bad shape, then good shape.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's normal, you know, to have ups and downs, especially if you play the finals against the world No. 1. He feels comfortable wherever he plays, on whatever surface he plays, against whoever he plays. He doesn't care.
For me it was, you know, a big motivation to play him in the finals, another experience. I never played him in finals. I played him couple of times before on different surfaces so I learned a lot of things. Just tried, you know, to maintain the high level of the play which I had this week, and I tried to stay with him every point because, you know, he's the best player in the world because he uses every opportunity. If you give him right away, he can win every game. He has all the strokes he needs for every surface.
It's unbelievable win for me. You know, sometimes he has to lose, as I said on the ceremony. He can't win everything (smiling).

Q. What kind of impact does a win like that have on the upcoming weeks going into the US Open on yourself?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Of course, you know, if you manage to win the tournament like this and to win against players like this, you get a lot of confidence, probably motivation for the upcoming tournaments and challenges. The most important tournament in this US Open Series is the US Open, the last Grand Slam of the year. We'll all try to prepare ourselves as much as we can and to be hundred percent ready to perform well on that tournament.
As I was saying last couple days, for me it was very important on the start of the year to perform well on the most important tournaments, the major ones, which I did. I showed it again. I show my quality. I deserve to be here right now. As I said, it was very important for me to win against world No. 1, which I didn't manage to do last four or five times we played.
So I can say that now I have a little bit different picture about everything.

Q. What is your mindset for the six set points for Federer you fought off in the first set? What a turning point.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, that first set probably was very crucial and it was very important for the both of us to win.
I lost my serve on the 5‑All. Even I was 40‑Love up, I lost it. You know, usually you expect from the player who loses such a tough game, you know, No. 1, to win easy the next one. But, you know, I was just trying to calm myself and not think about things that already happened. I was fighting really every point. It was really close. So, you know, I managed to get to the tiebreak.
Looking at both of the tiebreaks, you would say, wow, it was pretty easy. But nothing is easy if you play against Roger. You have to stay focused. You just have to stay with him and just play your game and don't get too nervous.

Q. You said coming into today that you would hope to learn what it would take to be No. 1 because you were playing No. 1. Did you learn what it would take?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's still a long way to the first place of the world for me, even though I'm third in the world. I can't exactly say that I'm, you know, thinking about becoming a No. 1 next year, in two years. You know, just try to keep my focus and do what I did till now: just stay on the right way.
Yes, I learn every time I play against Roger or Rafa. I learn from those matches always something new, try to, you know, improve on some things which I need to improve. Obviously, you know, from the past matches we had since then I improved and am really happy for it.
That's my lifetime goal, to be the No. 1 player of the world. But, again, I have a lot of time.

Q. When you broke early in the third set, did you start to get a little bit nervous, especially when you lost your serve?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I needed to calm myself after that second set which, you know, we finished pretty fast. After 2‑All, it happened so fast, everything. I just ‑‑ he was on the roll, you know. He was playing pretty good. I just made some really unforced errors. I didn't serve well.
Of course, he used his chances right away and won that second set. It was important for me to take, you know, a break, whatever, just refresh and get to that third set ready, which I managed to do. I broke him this first game. You know, it was kind of like I started first couple of service games in that third set, I served really well, but then that game on 4‑3, I put that pressure on myself without any reason. I was not supposed to do that. Again, you're playing the finals of a big tournament against the No. 1, so it's all expected.

Q. We're seeing Ivanovic, Jankovic, Djokovic. Are we seeing the rise of the Serbian golden age of tennis?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's great to see the girls doing so well, and the guys as well. We have Zimonjic in top 10, we have Tipsarevic in top 50, a lot of guys still to come. Three of us, we are top five. It's unbelievable for the small country without such big tennis tradition. In last 15, 20 years, we didn't have everybody. Before that, we had only one player in men's tennis.
It's really strange, but everybody's wondering themselves how it happened. You know, probably it's in our water or something (laughter). Yeah, it's great to see. We are small country. Now everybody is supporting us. Probably tennis is No. 1 sport.
I can say that already we are showing our quality and we are showing that we have the highest possible goals, so it's always good to see that.

Q. You played him five times now. Is there some point when you started thinking you could beat him?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes. You know, every time I played him, as I said, I learned something new. I just tried to put away all the negative things I did and try to, you know, improve on some elements in the game so I can be dangerous for him the next time.
I'm really happy and satisfied with the way I played today. I was just struggling in some points. You know, of course it's normal to have ups and downs. For me the success is even bigger, considering the fact that I won two tiebreaks.

Q. You started out the week making, before the tournament started, a big impact in your underwear. Goran, when he went back to Split after winning Wimbledon, he stripped down to his underwear. Did that of come to your mind today?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, if I win Wimbledon, I'm gonna get naked probably (laughter). I'm just joking. I don't know. I don't know what I would do in that point. I'm not thinking about it.
I can say, you know, I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can off the court. As I was saying before, that fashion show, all these things off court, off‑court activities, are some of the things where you can just hang out and try to put your mind away from the court.
Not mentioning the underwear (smiling).

Q. Do you think it should still be called the Roger's Cup?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Somebody scream during the match, it's the Roger's Cup. I think it was the third set. It was pretty funny. Yeah, nothing against the sponsor, but obviously I'm going to have to arrange somebody to call Novak's Cup for next year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
lmao he is soo cute!!

and he sure loves getting naked....:devil:

Sleepwalker64
08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh my God...what a day...what a day...:hatoff: :hug: :yippee: :wazzup: :yeah: :silly:
Ana wins too ...:worship: :crazy:
...King is not dead...but however, long live newborn Prince. Like someone said...Trinity War has officially begun!!!!:devil: For the new battles!!!:cool: :aparty: :armed:

Well, to add...I guess Nole is not anymore Fedtards and Rafatards sec. fav. He is now enemy:devil: So the flamewar will be veeeery interesting.

Kiddo, congratulation on your GRADUATION:worship:
I was never in doubt...never!!!

Baghdatis72
08-12-2007, 11:25 PM

I'm so happy! I knew today was the day! I knew it!!! :D

I had a very strong feeling about it too and I never lost belief throughout the match.

Great success!!! :woohoo:

Scotso
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
He's the first to beat Nadal and Federer in the same tournament :eek: I didn't even think about that. :rocker2:

Baghdatis72
08-12-2007, 11:41 PM
He's the first to beat Nadal and Federer in the same tournament :eek: I didn't even think about that. :rocker2:

He beat the number 3 then the number 2 and then the number 1 in a row :worship:

uglyamerican
08-12-2007, 11:47 PM
What a sweet day.

Milan might be able to post vid of the trophy ceremony. He did it for Miami tournament.

Scotso
08-13-2007, 12:18 AM
What a sweet day.

Milan might be able to post vid of the trophy ceremony. He did it for Miami tournament.

I hope so. :D

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 12:19 AM
I will name my first born son Milan if this is so.

Milan Novak Something.

Albop
08-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Congrats nole

:bigclap:

great match today :yeah:

uglyamerican
08-13-2007, 12:31 AM
My pre-match thought was, "I hope Roger says something nice about Novak after Fed wins the trophy."

Shows what I know.

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 12:32 AM
My pre-match thought was, "I hope Roger says something nice about Novak after Fed wins the trophy."

Shows what I know.

Aren't you usually more optimisitic than me? :p

Baghdatis72
08-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Now follows Cincinnati MS :woohoo:

Last year he lost in R32 so this year he has only 35 points to defend and 465 to earn ;)

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Ugh even worse... he lost to SERRA that was an awful day. It was the day I left Cincy and I was in the car and Adam texted me the result and I was just :armed:

That was an unacceptable loss, even then.. and I sort of even like Serra.

He will never lose to Serra again :D

uglyamerican
08-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Aren't you usually more optimisitic than me? :p

I just wasn't feeling a victory. I wasn't sure Novak was mentally ready. I guess I was not fully aware of how much better Novak has gotten since the Australian Open.

Better, yes, but this much better? I guess so.

But I did go to church and had a meeting at church right after, so I was at the church for like 2-1/2 hours this morning. That must have helped.

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 12:41 AM
I just wasn't feeling a victory. I wasn't sure Novak was mentally ready. I guess I was not fully aware of how much better Novak has gotten since the Australian Open.

Better, yes, but this much better? I guess so.

But I did go to church and had a meeting at church right after, so I was at the church for like 2-1/2 hours this morning. That must have helped.

You being at church always helps Nole :D

Baghdatis72
08-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Ugh even worse... he lost to SERRA that was an awful day. It was the day I left Cincy and I was in the car and Adam texted me the result and I was just :armed:

That was an unacceptable loss, even then.. and I sort of even like Serra.

He will never lose to Serra again :D

You can say that again :lol: :D

MosquitoBitten
08-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Just finished watching the tape of the match and wanted to say YES! YES! YES! NOLE IS AWESOME!!!!!!! :woohoo: :yippee: :yippee:

uglyamerican
08-13-2007, 01:50 AM
Novak better be extra, extra careful and not drop this trophy.

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Yeah seriously. I thought about that :rolls:

Layla13
08-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Beautiful new thread name!!!!

Lee
08-13-2007, 02:26 AM
I came home at 3pm pt (6pm et) and ESPN was showing Ana's match. So I sat down and wait for that match finished before I watched Nole's match.

:mad: WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!!! :mad:

I forgot ESPN would announce who won Montreal during the match.

But otherwise, I would be like Jess died 2394898594050 times while watching :lol:

Lee
08-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Will anyone agree with me that the match vs Nadal is better than the final? :awww:

Layla13
08-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I agree!! But anyway, final is FINAL!!!

hb1820
08-13-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a Rafa fan and I just want to congratulate Djokovic on winning the Masters in Montreal and say what a great talent he is also how much charisma he brings to the game along with Rafa.

For sure Djoko and Rafa will have great matches in future and bout time somebody else beat Federer as well.

Go Djoko
Vamos Rafa.

ataptc
08-13-2007, 05:47 AM
I can't believe my alarm clock rang for a whole minute and I still didn't wake up to watch the match live. Am watching the repeat now and boy am I late for work :lol:

Anyway, like everyone else, I am speechless and jdksfkdflkdsdlsfdsfhdsfhmclkdmcdlscmvsdfsfffdgkfds l!!!!!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

jitterbug
08-13-2007, 06:17 AM
I was bouncing off walls in uni... and I'm still sick! My friends thought I overdosed on some flu drugs :lol:

jitterbug
08-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Roger's post-match interview is :rolls:

blosson
08-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Exceptional performance by Nole. He took down the tennis elite all in one go. Congrats.

Ale81
08-13-2007, 07:57 AM
post match press conference

Le 12 août 2007 - August 12, 2007

N. DJOKOVIC/R. Federer

7‑6, 2‑6, 7‑6

An interview with:

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: I'd just like to say that Novak is the first player since Boris Becker in Stockholm in 1994 to beat the top three players in the same tournament. He's also the first player to beat Roger and Rafa in the same tournament. We'll open it up for questions.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Wow (smiling).

Q. How does that feel?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That was pretty impressing, you know, just to hear that. Well, you know, where to start? It's been an amazing week for me, amazing tournament. Probably next to Miami, the best tournament of my career. I can say that this was even bigger success because I managed to beat first three players of the world in the last three rounds, you know.
I can't describe the feeling I have right now. It's like a dream come true, especially against Federer in the finals, to win those tiebreakers was just incredible. I managed to win these tiebreaks against a player who probably has the best score in tiebreakers, who is the strongest player mentally in the world right now.

Q. Can you take us through the match. You were in good shape in the first, bad shape, then good shape.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's normal, you know, to have ups and downs, especially if you play the finals against the world No. 1. He feels comfortable wherever he plays, on whatever surface he plays, against whoever he plays. He doesn't care.
For me it was, you know, a big motivation to play him in the finals, another experience. I never played him in finals. I played him couple of times before on different surfaces so I learned a lot of things. Just tried, you know, to maintain the high level of the play which I had this week, and I tried to stay with him every point because, you know, he's the best player in the world because he uses every opportunity. If you give him right away, he can win every game. He has all the strokes he needs for every surface.
It's unbelievable win for me. You know, sometimes he has to lose, as I said on the ceremony. He can't win everything (smiling).

Q. What kind of impact does a win like that have on the upcoming weeks going into the US Open on yourself?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Of course, you know, if you manage to win the tournament like this and to win against players like this, you get a lot of confidence, probably motivation for the upcoming tournaments and challenges. The most important tournament in this US Open Series is the US Open, the last Grand Slam of the year. We'll all try to prepare ourselves as much as we can and to be hundred percent ready to perform well on that tournament.
As I was saying last couple days, for me it was very important on the start of the year to perform well on the most important tournaments, the major ones, which I did. I showed it again. I show my quality. I deserve to be here right now. As I said, it was very important for me to win against world No. 1, which I didn't manage to do last four or five times we played.
So I can say that now I have a little bit different picture about everything.

Q. What is your mindset for the six set points for Federer you fought off in the first set? What a turning point.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, that first set probably was very crucial and it was very important for the both of us to win.
I lost my serve on the 5‑All. Even I was 40‑Love up, I lost it. You know, usually you expect from the player who loses such a tough game, you know, No. 1, to win easy the next one. But, you know, I was just trying to calm myself and not think about things that already happened. I was fighting really every point. It was really close. So, you know, I managed to get to the tiebreak.
Looking at both of the tiebreaks, you would say, wow, it was pretty easy. But nothing is easy if you play against Roger. You have to stay focused. You just have to stay with him and just play your game and don't get too nervous.

Q. You said coming into today that you would hope to learn what it would take to be No. 1 because you were playing No. 1. Did you learn what it would take?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's still a long way to the first place of the world for me, even though I'm third in the world. I can't exactly say that I'm, you know, thinking about becoming a No. 1 next year, in two years. You know, just try to keep my focus and do what I did till now: just stay on the right way.
Yes, I learn every time I play against Roger or Rafa. I learn from those matches always something new, try to, you know, improve on some things which I need to improve. Obviously, you know, from the past matches we had since then I improved and am really happy for it.
That's my lifetime goal, to be the No. 1 player of the world. But, again, I have a lot of time.

Q. When you broke early in the third set, did you start to get a little bit nervous, especially when you lost your serve?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I needed to calm myself after that second set which, you know, we finished pretty fast. After 2‑All, it happened so fast, everything. I just ‑‑ he was on the roll, you know. He was playing pretty good. I just made some really unforced errors. I didn't serve well.
Of course, he used his chances right away and won that second set. It was important for me to take, you know, a break, whatever, just refresh and get to that third set ready, which I managed to do. I broke him this first game. You know, it was kind of like I started first couple of service games in that third set, I served really well, but then that game on 4‑3, I put that pressure on myself without any reason. I was not supposed to do that. Again, you're playing the finals of a big tournament against the No. 1, so it's all expected.

Q. We're seeing Ivanovic, Jankovic, Djokovic. Are we seeing the rise of the Serbian golden age of tennis?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's great to see the girls doing so well, and the guys as well. We have Zimonjic in top 10, we have Tipsarevic in top 50, a lot of guys still to come. Three of us, we are top five. It's unbelievable for the small country without such big tennis tradition. In last 15, 20 years, we didn't have everybody. Before that, we had only one player in men's tennis.
It's really strange, but everybody's wondering themselves how it happened. You know, probably it's in our water or something (laughter). Yeah, it's great to see. We are small country. Now everybody is supporting us. Probably tennis is No. 1 sport.
I can say that already we are showing our quality and we are showing that we have the highest possible goals, so it's always good to see that.

Q. You played him five times now. Is there some point when you started thinking you could beat him?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes. You know, every time I played him, as I said, I learned something new. I just tried to put away all the negative things I did and try to, you know, improve on some elements in the game so I can be dangerous for him the next time.
I'm really happy and satisfied with the way I played today. I was just struggling in some points. You know, of course it's normal to have ups and downs. For me the success is even bigger, considering the fact that I won two tiebreaks.

Q. You started out the week making, before the tournament started, a big impact in your underwear. Goran, when he went back to Split after winning Wimbledon, he stripped down to his underwear. Did that of come to your mind today?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, if I win Wimbledon, I'm gonna get naked probably (laughter). I'm just joking. I don't know. I don't know what I would do in that point. I'm not thinking about it.
I can say, you know, I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can off the court. As I was saying before, that fashion show, all these things off court, off‑court activities, are some of the things where you can just hang out and try to put your mind away from the court.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Somebody scream during the match, it's the Roger's Cup. I think it was the third set. It was pretty funny. Yeah, nothing against the sponsor, but obviously I'm going to have to arrange somebody to call Novak's Cup for next year.

jennyian
08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I still am in awe of what he accomplished, on to the US Open Nolé! Continue your great form! Or even better.

:D

neenah
08-13-2007, 01:48 PM

:lol: Novak's Cup.

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 01:52 PM
The highlight of this win for me is that now when you go to TMS Canada there is going to be a gigantic banner with Nole's face on it like there is for every champion :D

PennyThePenguin
08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I came home at 3pm pt (6pm et) and ESPN was showing Ana's match. So I sat down and wait for that match finished before I watched Nole's match.

:mad: WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!!! :mad:

I forgot ESPN would announce who won Montreal during the match.

But otherwise, I would be like Jess died 2394898594050 times while watching :lol:

darling. mute it next time :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: i didn't know what time the match was on so I turned on the tv to motor racing :ras: when i woke up this morning. thought it might be a night match. then teletext told me the happy happy happy news. in 3 separate news clips :lol: they must've been excited too. :woohoo: :woohoo: NOVAKIIITOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

PennyThePenguin
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
The highlight of this win for me is that now when you go to TMS Canada there is going to be a gigantic banner with Nole's face on it like there is for every champion :D

:woohoo: :woohoo:

does that mean the useless hippo has his own banner too? :p

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 02:19 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

does that mean the useless hippo has his own banner too? :p

He should ;) Ana has one from her win last year :) I saw it during the TV coverage of Nole :D

PennyThePenguin
08-13-2007, 02:21 PM
ok. :awww: useless hippo *sigh*

Suzi
08-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I was flicking through the news channel last night and i saw a bit of tennis flash before my eyes then i saw them mentioning nole and missed half of the extract. so then i waited all night for the sport to come on and saw that Nole beat Feds and i had the biggest Grin on me face :D http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcheerleader.gif

Yeah well done Nole on winning your 2nd Masters title but also defeating feds for the first time http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/cactus/panm.gifPARTY!!! http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/cactus/panh.gif

also congrats on regaining 3rd place from Roddick http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/ptennis.gif

and yes i have gone smily over load :)

Novak Dj
08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I still can`t beleive...

Agassi Fan
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Well done Nole!!!!

ataptc
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I was bouncing off walls in uni... and I'm still sick! My friends thought I overdosed on some flu drugs :lol:
You're still sick? :hug:
:lol: Novak's Cup.
That was the best part of the interview :rolls:
Awesome :D

uglyamerican
08-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Milan Novak Something.

Downloading...

Suzi
08-13-2007, 06:29 PM

:aplot: yes purlese :p im such a perv

:lol: Damn right Novak's Cup

nikki-luvin-life
08-13-2007, 06:46 PM
i just wish he didnt have to put "only joking" at the end, i could have dream a little longer

Jadranka
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Milan Novak Something.

You could marry my brother and than the name of your son will be Milan Novak Novakovic :lol:

Lee
08-13-2007, 09:56 PM
darling. mute it next time :D

They also showed the score at the bottom of the screen :mad:

musefanatic
08-13-2007, 11:02 PM
:aplot: yes purlese :p im such a perv

The biggest perv i know :p Ah you never know, i remember Safin pulling his shorts down in 'celebration' of a great shot, was that at Wimbledon? Maybe Nole will do something along the line of that *prays* :lol:

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 02:53 AM
You could marry my brother and than the name of your son will be Milan Novak Novakovic :lol:

How old is your brother? :aplot:

Just kidding...

... sort of :p

Scotso
08-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Don't do that. I feel so bad for kids with names like Christopher Christopherson and stuff. Ugh.

jitterbug
08-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Novakovic literally means 'offspring of..' or 'little Novak' right? :lol:

Jadranka
08-14-2007, 09:27 AM
How old is your brother? :aplot:

Just kidding...

... sort of :p

haha, he is 16 :p :lol: - my twin :p

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
haha, he is 16 :p :lol: - my twin :p

Aww that's too bad. :lol:

peacechick
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Jess, you perv :haha:

PennyThePenguin
08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
They also showed the score at the bottom of the screen :mad:

tape up that bit of the screen next time.

The biggest perv i know :p Ah you never know, i remember Safin pulling his shorts down in 'celebration' of a great shot, was that at Wimbledon? Maybe Nole will do something along the line of that *prays* :lol:

french open ;)

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not a perv!! I turned down the offer of 16 year old brothers!! Gotta be 18+ :p :lol:

jitterbug
08-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm not a perv!! I turned down the offer of 16 year old brothers!! Gotta be 18+ :p :lol:

Marko's 15. Age is not a factor :angel:

I need an Age of Love-type show :tape:

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Marko's 15. Age is not a factor :angel:

I need an Age of Love-type show :tape:

If I were on Age of Love I'd probably still go for a younger guy. Just younger within the realm of "legal" is always a plus :p

jitterbug
08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
You can get married at 16 in the UK. I remember somebody asking Daniel Radcliffe about it :p

peacechick
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
only one more year of waiting for you then :rolls:
That is if you kidnap Marko and go to the UK with him :lol:

:secret: I can do some research on Germany and than you'll only have to go to Munich

peacechick
08-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Research done! :p From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#Europe
Marriageable age
United Kingdom:
England and Wales: 18, 16 with parental consent
Scotland: 16 (hence the tradition of couples "eloping to Gretna Green")
Northern Ireland: 18, 17 with parental consent

Germany: 18 generally, 16 with court consent (partner must be 18 or older).

So, Germany or Scotland? :lol:

btw, there are some weird exceptions in that list..... and yes I'm bored :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
You can get married at 16 in the UK. I remember somebody asking Daniel Radcliffe about it :p

Daniel Radcliffe :hearts: ;)

btw, there are some weird exceptions in that list..... and yes I'm bored :rolleyes:

Scotland :rocker2:

ica
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Next Match -nole-moya. I Cant Wait.:) :) :) :)

jitterbug
08-14-2007, 09:36 PM

Munich!!! :rocker2:

musefanatic
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM

I find it so wierd you can do that, it's really odd that there's the whole difference between the countries. Scotland are really trying to get away from the rest of the UK at the moment for some reason, they really don't want to be part of us, can't blame them :lol:

Daniel Radcliffe :hearts: ;)

I saw a pic of him in Q magazine the other day and he looked really odd :p Did you hear about the play where he was naked on stage :p

Ales_Alessandra
08-14-2007, 11:26 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I know I'm a bit late, but still celebrating the great weekend!!
NOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship:

savesthedizzle
08-15-2007, 02:35 AM
I saw a pic of him in Q magazine the other day and he looked really odd :p Did you hear about the play where he was naked on stage :p

Si :)

I hear he's going to come do in in New York next year :shrug: At least I heard that rumor :p

uglyamerican
08-15-2007, 03:01 AM
Tennis Canada issued a formal appology for mis-stating Novak's home country.

That's going beyond what is necessary. Classy move.

savesthedizzle
08-15-2007, 03:03 AM

Wow!

PennyThePenguin
08-15-2007, 03:06 AM
that's very diplomatic of them :yeah:

Scotso
08-15-2007, 03:10 AM

Indeed :yeah:

Scotso
08-15-2007, 03:12 AM
If I were on Age of Love I'd probably still go for a younger guy. Just younger within the realm of "legal" is always a plus :p

I'd go for the rich older guy. Then the younger one after he kicks the bucket.

ataptc
08-15-2007, 08:46 AM

Exactly :) Here's the article:

STATEMENT FROM TENNIS CANADA REGARDING MR. NOVAK DJOKOVIC AND THE CLOSING CEREMONIES OF THE ROGERS CUP IN MONTREAL

Tennis Canada apologizes to Mr. Djokovic and the Serbian community for the incident that occurred during the closing ceremonies of the 2007 Rogers Cup in Montreal. The public address announcer accidentally stated that Mr. Djokovic was from another country other than Serbia. The misinformation given about Mr. Djokovic’s home country was completely accidental. Tennis Canada is very proud of our new champion and joins the Serbian community in honouring his victory. This success is another example of the growing strength of Serbian tennis which includes third-ranked Jelena Jankovic and defending Rogers Cup champion Ana Ivanovic, who are competing this week in Toronto.

http://www.rogerscup.com/3/en/news/2007/public_statement1.asp

Medina
08-15-2007, 10:00 AM
:woohoo: what more can i say

And Hi.... I didnt know he had a forum untill now. And now i will be here as much as i can :p

PennyThePenguin
08-15-2007, 10:08 AM
hello! and welcome!

peacechick
08-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Munich!!! :rocker2:

I thought you'd like that :haha:

Björki
08-15-2007, 11:00 AM
big congrats to Nole :bigclap:
I am away that why I am so late :rolleyes:

jitterbug
08-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought you'd like that :haha:

There are two of them in Munich though :awww: I'd have to toss a coin.

jitterbug
08-15-2007, 11:13 AM
STATEMENT FROM TENNIS CANADA REGARDING MR. NOVAK DJOKOVIC AND THE CLOSING CEREMONIES OF THE ROGERS CUP IN MONTREAL

Tennis Canada apologizes to Mr. Djokovic and the Serbian community for the incident that occurred during the closing ceremonies of the 2007 Rogers Cup in Montreal. The public address announcer accidentally stated that Mr. Djokovic was from another country other than Serbia. The misinformation given about Mr. Djokovic’s home country was completely accidental. Tennis Canada is very proud of our new champion and joins the Serbian community in honouring his victory. This success is another example of the growing strength of Serbian tennis which includes third-ranked Jelena Jankovic and defending Rogers Cup champion Ana Ivanovic, who are competing this week in Toronto.

http://www.rogerscup.com/3/en/news/2...statement1.asp

:hatoff:

kirkicica
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM

classy move indeed :hatoff:

appology accepted ;) (well, they mentioned the Serbian community too):p
Anyway, I guess it's hard to keep track on all the countries that came to existance here lately ;)

simpletennis
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
i know i'm hella late for this. but
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
aurgh, i didn't even get to watch the match!!!! i have no clue where i was...i forgot. but hell yea!!!

underdog
08-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Not quite!
If you are organizing professional Masters tournament the least you need to do is to remember names and nationalities of two finalists!
C'mon thats 4 facts in total 1)Roger Federer 2)Switzerland 3) Novak Djokovic 4)Serbia
And not just they failed to do that, what's worse he called him croat OMG! That Canuck moron, what did he think SRB next to Novaks name on scoreboard was abbreviation for?
If Novak thanked republic of Quebec for hospitality I wonder if everyone would go ooops silly mistake...

uglyamerican
08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Not quite!
If you are organizing professional Masters tournament the least you need to do is to remember names and nationalities of two finalists!
C'mon thats 4 facts in total 1)Roger Federer 2)Switzerland 3) Novak Djokovic 4)Serbia
And not just they failed to do that, what's worse he called him croat OMG! That Canuck moron, what did he think SRB next to Novaks name on scoreboard was abbreviation for?
If Novak thanked republic of Quebec for hospitality I wonder if everyone would go ooops silly mistake...

I respect your opinion.

The upside is that everyone is praising Novak for being graceful about it.

Lee
08-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Not quite!

It's Quebecois, not Canuck ;)

As a Canuck, I will laugh. Really.

PennyThePenguin
08-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Not quite!

it's not that rare a mistake. people have played the wrong national anthems before, at international events considered to be bigger than tennis masters no less. it's a horrendous mistake, yes, but shit happens and both sides just have to either apologise and be graceful and forgiving and understand that sometimes even if you've had the most well rehearsed and remembered fact, it still CAN go wrong and move on! by all means point out the mistake, but don't throw a hissy fit because that doesn't help matters

marina988
08-16-2007, 06:30 PM
The important thing is-------NOLE WON!!!!! :banana:

Saumon
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it was KILLING me not to be here when it happened!!!!

I was sooo happy! :D
He rocks :worship:

Sleepwalker64
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok, now I will ask something that I'm unfamiliar with...so sorry my ignorance, but I don't have to know...at least I'm not organizing GS's or Tier 1 tennis tournaments:)

Se there are Canucks...and there are Cajuns...Cajuns, as far as I know live in Louisiana...and are French speaking Americans. I thought that's what is left from Napoleon times. Am I right so far? As far as I understand Canucks are French speaking Canadians? I noticed that Leo is making a difference between Canucks and Quebecians. Is that because not all Quebecians are Canucks? And my main question is...is there a correlation between Canucks and Cajuns? Origin? Culture?