The Gripe Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Gripe Thread

Domino
05-17-2004, 08:25 AM
This is where we MTF members can be at our worst, complaining and whining about what really gets them angry. Right now, I am really angry at a couple of friends of mine who decided to ignore to ignore me because I happen to be too talkative.

Conan the Librarian
05-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Conan prefers green seedless ones.

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Conan prefers green seedless ones.

Me too, but not around books because that pisses Conan off!

Nymeria
05-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Most of my friends make me angry at the moment, and some posters around here can make me angry too.

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2004, 01:05 PM
As I have noticed!

maratski
05-17-2004, 01:15 PM
One of my colleagues complained about me. She went to my boss for no reason. She was in a bad mood saturday and decided to take it out on me, while I didn't do anything wrong. Boy is she gonna regret that!

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Awww Maratski! Where do you work?

maratski
05-17-2004, 04:10 PM
in a stupid supermarket with a stupid boss. The only reason I still work there is cause it's just across the street and i'm too lazy to look for another job.

Conan the Librarian
05-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Kick her sorry arse, maratski!

Domino
05-17-2004, 04:15 PM
I agree! If your boss were a guy, I am sure Conan and I would gladly kick is arse if you don't want to.

maratski
05-17-2004, 04:42 PM
that's sweet guys :kiss:

I can handle this girl. I'm a sweet girl, but can be a bitch too sometimes ;)

Lee
05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
I believe Maratski has a few pair of boots to choose from kicking ***. :lol:

Nymeria
05-17-2004, 05:18 PM
As I have noticed!

indeed!

denim
05-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Old people pushing in at the front of a queue and saying "i am 75 you know"

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2004, 06:46 AM
lol Denim.. What do you say? And I am first in line.. lol

in a stupid supermarket with a stupid boss. The only reason I still work there is cause it's just across the street and i'm too lazy to look for another job.

Ugh.. Sounds like my job. It's across the street too.. a book store. Can't get along that well with everyone there and I so need something else lol.

maratski
05-18-2004, 08:08 AM
I just hang in there cause I know that once I graduate I'll look for something else.

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah :) I hope you can find a good job somewhere ;)

Kristen
05-18-2004, 11:50 AM
My gripe is with Omarosa, on 'the apprentice'. What a twirp that woman is. I bet she's single, or her partner is a terribly submissive person!

Speaking of jobs, I quit one of mine last night. At the olympic stadium in Sydney. I'm over it. They have no respect for their staff (Im in hospitality). And today, I got a job at Sydney town hall (hospitality). The timing! :D

star
05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
She is married. :)

But according to her, she is a wonderful person and the producers just edited to put her in a terrible light. :)

Congratulations on your new job! And your new avatar! It's wonderful.

MisterQ
05-18-2004, 02:58 PM
congrats Bjorkman girl. wish it was always that easy changing jobs, lol!

alfonsojose
05-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Congrats, Bjorkman girl. I wish i could leave my job now :mad:

Clara Bow
05-18-2004, 10:42 PM
My gripe is that I have to wait for one of my co-workers to read over something she has been sitting on for way to long so that I can finish a report before I can go home. It is 5:40 and the lovely sun beckons for a run along Lake Travis.

Hurry up woman!

star
05-19-2004, 12:22 AM
my gripe is phone text language like C U 2NITE and R U OK?

:haha: :haha:

Me TOO. :(

Lee
05-19-2004, 12:58 AM

Same for me but from e-mails.

MisterQ
05-19-2004, 03:13 AM

I H8 THAT! SO LZ!

Mrs. B
05-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I H8 THAT! SO LZ!

:lol:

Kristen
05-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Oh my god!
I was just searching for electives I'd like to do at uni next semester, and I found this:
The Clown's ArtThis unit explores the history of the circus, and particularly that of the clown in the circus tradition. The unit contextualises contemporary notions of clowning within the traditions of the Greek Antic carnivals, the Italian national comedy, French mime and the histrions of ancient Europe. The unit also explores the impact of these influences on the great contemporary manifestation, the Russian circus clown. The unit welcomes one of the great clowns of the Moscow Circus as its coordinator and teacher. Make-up, philosophy, acrobatics, and choreography of the clown is be explored in practice and theory, along with some traditional clown skills. Students build their individual clown act. Students build their own clown act!? Let me guess...this is the major assessment, and also whether or not one can successfully perform a "roly poly" somersault!? blah! Stupid university. I hate clowns anyway.

denim
05-19-2004, 06:42 PM
:haha: :haha:

Me TOO. :(

Thats a pity you say that as I just fitted you a new toilet 4 U 2 P ...lol

Scotso
05-19-2004, 11:34 PM
I love this thread.

I'm pissed off that I have nothing to do this summer and no one will hire me for a job :mad:

Leo
05-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Angel is over forever. :sad: At least it was a great final episode, but still... :sad:

Leo
05-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Sorry, I guess crying doesn't really qualify for the griping thread, but I had nowhere else to express my emotions. :sad:

MisterQ
05-20-2004, 02:41 AM
That's OK, Leo, you can cry on our shoulders here in the Gripe Thread. :)

I waste a lot of time and don't read nearly as much as I used to. that's my gripe for the day.

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 02:46 AM
I am going to the get two teeth removed tomorrow and I am looking forward to it, yeah right, I think it might have to be horse tranquilisers before I go to the dentist.

Domino
05-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Ouch! I admire that resolve George, because I don't know if I could stand to lose two teeth! Even with the tranquilizers, I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it, which would probably cause me to actually belive I was in pain.

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 03:56 AM
The best thing is they are not my meat eating teeth and they are right at the back, so it needs to be done.

Gripe, well my tolerance for moronic and arrogant imbeciles has gone down at the moment, there is one jerk lecturer that needs to be sorted out, but I am lucky there are exams coming up and the best way forward is to actually make an effort and do well, then piss him off even more.

Leo
05-20-2004, 03:57 AM
I am going to the get two teeth removed tomorrow and I am looking forward to it, yeah right, I think it might have to be horse tranquilisers before I go to the dentist.

Yikes. I'm going to have fake teeth implanted in my gums in a year or so. :rolleyes: I wonder which hurts worse?

Scotso
05-20-2004, 04:06 AM
Why are you having fake teeth? Do you have that problem where you grow no permanent teeth? My friend has that problem, but he can't afford the surgery.

I'll cheer you up baby ;)

undomiele
05-20-2004, 04:09 AM
Its not too bad George. Just think what they had to deal with only a hundred years ago or so. :eek: Don't opt to have them put you to sleep though. Its more interesting to stay up and see what theyre doing to you, well, sort of see what they are doing to you...

My gripe is spending 2 hours going through a thick chinese-english dictionary to sort out the chinese labels on some 30 high quality oil colors I ordered through the mail. My eyes hurt now. You think the store that sent em would have included a translated color chart. :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 04:13 AM
I have had teeth out before, the first time I think they butchered the drilling job, I just can't resist putting my tongue up near the cavity and will continue to do so afterwards.

Undomiele, that's very ordinary sending the instructions or labels in a language that you don't understand.

Leo
05-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Why are you having fake teeth? Do you have that problem where you grow no permanent teeth? My friend has that problem, but he can't afford the surgery.

I'll cheer you up baby ;)

I'm not actually sure if I'll need it but apparently I am missing two teeth in the back (one on each side) and they probably won't fully grow in by themselves. I don't really know or care. I just wish my teeth could somehow become white like on those damn commercials.

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 04:18 AM
I'm not actually sure if I'll need it but apparently I am missing two teeth in the back (one on each side) and they probably won't fully grow in by themselves. I don't really know or care. I just wish my teeth could somehow become white like on those damn commercials.

Bleach will do the job for that Leo.

Actually one of my good friends works for the worlds largest producers of false teeth and some of the stories he tells me are very funny.

He said it's only the Americans that want the absloute straight and whitest teeth, as they do make them in all different shades of colours, well there are smokers to take care off, so that might be an option for you.

Leo
05-20-2004, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the info, George.

undomiele
05-20-2004, 04:19 AM
Not for oil colors. You have to know exactly what kind of color you're getting. Titanium white for example mixes with colors in a way thats different from cremnitz white, or flake white. Cadmium Red or Yellow also mix differently than other yellows or reds. But in this case, its all chinese to me! ;)

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 04:23 AM
Not for oil colors. You have to know exactly what kind of color you're getting. Titanium white for example mixes with colors in a way thats different from cremnitz white, or flake white. Cadmium Red or Yellow also mix differently than other yellows or reds. But in this case, its all chinese to me! ;)

It's all Chinese to you in more ways than one, but it's still very poor form to send it only in Chinese.

undomiele
05-20-2004, 04:24 AM
The worst part about having your teeth pulled is the swelling and the pain you feel when you try to eat. It didnt happen to me as much, but my brothers face swelled like a chipmunks when he had his wisdom teeth pulled out. You're just not yourself when you're in pain.

undomiele
05-20-2004, 04:27 AM
It's all Chinese to you in more ways than one, but it's still very poor form to send it only in Chinese.

Oh Im sorry I misunderstood what you wrote in your last post. Thanks for the sympathy ;)

Leo
05-20-2004, 04:29 AM
The last time I had my teeth pulled (so long ago...), the worst part for me was the novocaine. I thought it was horrible. And my lips were still swollen a day later.

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 04:29 AM
The worst part about having your teeth pulled is the swelling and the pain you feel when you try to eat. It didnt happen to me as much, but my brothers face swelled like a chipmunks when he had his wisdom teeth pulled out. You're just not yourself when you're in pain.

I am usually grumpy anyway so it won't be that much different, but spitting out the blood and drinking warm water won't help my mood. Then again the FA Cup final is on and if somehow Man Uted lose then it will be a good thing.

Catsou
05-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Don't worry GWH it's not that bad...I mean it's never really fun to go to the dentist but If it can help I had teeths in the back removed a couple of years ago and everything was fine just ask for a double shot of analgesique ;)

Here a big :hug: for you! Good luck!

Action Jackson
05-20-2004, 04:57 AM
Thanks for caring Catsou, I will survive and feel better afterwards I just hope they haven't hired Sam the Butcher to do the dental job that's all.

Scotso
05-20-2004, 05:26 AM
my boyfriend dumped me.

Domino
05-20-2004, 05:33 AM
*hugs Dr. Scotso* It will all get better, just hang in there.

CooCooCachoo
05-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Right now I am pissed that I have to study for two consecutive weeks, being on a very tight schedule, being bored and feeling as if: a) I already know everything b) I don't know anything and what I knew I already forgot. Who can be interested in cotton in England? Not me.. :o

Speaking of jobs, I quit one of mine last night. At the olympic stadium in Sydney. I'm over it. They have no respect for their staff (Im in hospitality). And today, I got a job at Sydney town hall (hospitality). The timing!

Congrats :) If it were that easy here, I'd have done it already.

MisterQ
05-20-2004, 05:40 AM
my boyfriend dumped me.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

He's too immature for a great Doctor like you. ;) :)

Supersonik
05-20-2004, 05:44 AM
my boyfriend dumped me.

Bad luck Dr, it's his loss and not yours.

CooCooCachoo
05-20-2004, 05:45 AM
Awwww Scotso :(

Scotso
05-20-2004, 05:51 AM
no, it's mine. of that you can be sure.

but still, yeah, life goes on.

trixy
05-20-2004, 08:33 AM
I am soo dissapointed in my school. I have never felt like this because i love my school but today im just soo fucking annoyed at my school who claims to be soo liberal and wonderful. At my school rite now all the art students r doing installation art where u pick any part of the school and u draw or paint or i dont whatever ways u can do art on it or with it.
Anyway my friend Tim hes gay and he wanted to do his as a mural with the centre as they gay flag and surrounding pictures as a expression of him and now our stupid school is saying he cant!!! and if he does he'll get 0. Every1 else can do their given topics but he cant do his. WTF?

I am soo mad and outraged!! :mad: :mad: :sad:

MisterQ
05-20-2004, 09:11 AM
I am soo dissapointed in my school. I have never felt like this because i love my school but today im just soo fucking annoyed at my school who claims to be soo liberal and wonderful. At my school rite now all the art students r doing installation art where u pick any part of the school and u draw or paint or i dont whatever ways u can do art on it or with it.
Anyway my friend Tim hes gay and he wanted to do his as a mural with the centre as they gay flag and surrounding pictures as a expression of him and now our stupid school is saying he cant!!! and if he does he'll get 0. Every1 else can do their given topics but he cant do his. WTF?

I am soo mad and outraged!! :mad: :mad: :sad:

He should do it and get a zero. Doesn't sound like he's attempting anything obscene or inappropriate for a school art work.

Of course, if he's risking graduating, then maybe it's not worth it...

Scotso
05-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Leo doesn't need bleach. He's a f***ing hottie and I want him!

Kristen
05-21-2004, 06:55 AM
Trixy, is it a private or public school? I can think of a few in our city that wouldn't be too impressed with the artwork. I always thought art was about expressing oneself! It's such a disappointment when the art department, of all of them, are closed minded.

Kristen
05-21-2004, 07:11 AM
My gripe for today, is with footballers/women complaining they were *****, 3 years after it happened/kinky sms/phone calls from sportstars to women.

It seems to be the thing to do now; if a sportstar has ever shown any interest in you in a sexual way, it's harrassment. If I was them I'd be scared to show a chick I was interested in her. You know; a few drinks, both people consent to *whatever* and then change their minds after. OMG SOOO frustrating! Just wondering how these *scandals* would be treated if the guys weren't familiar names in sport... :wavey:

FryslanBoppe
05-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Jail sentences BG for losers like myself.

Sparkz
05-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I hate it when people park there cars over peoples driveways so the houseowner cant get their car out, it happens a lot in my road and I find it uncooth.

trixy
05-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Trixy, is it a private or public school? I can think of a few in our city that wouldn't be too impressed with the artwork. I always thought art was about expressing oneself! It's such a disappointment when the art department, of all of them, are closed minded.

private, a stuffy old private school!

trixy
05-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Ugghhh i got noo sleep last night because of my crazy neighhours who r going through a messy divorce and spent the whole night arguing over who should get what.they've stopped now, too bad i have to go to work WITHOUT ANY SLEEP!

denim
05-22-2004, 12:10 AM
one of my gripes is when people go "cool" on you or act coy, I'm a very direct person and say what what I feel so I hate it :mad:

CooCooCachoo
05-22-2004, 06:04 AM

I am soo mad and outraged!!

:( That sucks! Though I don't think it is a surprise, cause even here in The Netherlands it would not be much appreciated. If it is not work of much significance, he could try and provoke. I wish him the best of luck :) Maybe he should just take the gay flag with him at graduation :p

one of my gripes is when people go "cool" on you or act coy, I'm a very direct person and say what what I feel so I hate it

I hate that too. I am quite talkative and I hate it when people are quiet all the time.

I am now nervous about my exams, which are just two days away now. I still have three more chapters of History to learn and read and I haven't read anything more than once. I hope that will suffice! I am always nervous for tests, it's kind of weird. The Dutch system works like this: 10 is the highest, 1 is the lowest, 5.5 or higher means passing. Almost all grades are made up, for 50%, by the Central Exams that I have coming up now, and for 50% by exams I have already taken. Because I got good grades at these exams everyone is saying I shouldn't be nervous and that frigging annoys me! Of course I am nervous. I hate high expectations (of myself, and others). Teachers are all saying I should get at least an 8.5 (as if that is easy.. GRR :() so that someone will pass, for the first time ever, with a 9 (they round the grades up; no decimals). PRESSURE is something I DO NOT need right now. But on the other hand I am confident enough.. Blah! Still have a lot to do and this is a very weird situation for me. Should I really study hard or should I just read it once, because studying more than that won't help anyway? And should I be really calm and down-to-earth, or are nerves good too?

PerezRoldan
05-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Coo, you have to find the best solution for you. I mean of course study hard, but not so hard you are too stressed, because if that happens then you will be too tense to do your best work.

With History just remember your historical dates, that is the most important thing, because if the dates are wrong, then it can throw out your whole argument.

CooCooCachoo
05-22-2004, 06:27 AM
With History just remember your historical dates, that is the most important thing, because if the dates are wrong, then it can throw out your whole argument.

The funny thing is.. dates are not really important in history in Holland. They completely changed that. In earlier years, you had to memorize all dates.. now, not :) And I am not studying too hard, I think :) Oh well.. hope it will all be fine :p

Clara Bow
05-22-2004, 06:43 AM
one of my gripes is when people go "cool" on you or act coy, I'm a very direct person and say what what I feel so I hate it

Oh- I hate that too! Being really involved with drama in high school I ran into little twerps who had that attitude in spades. I don't know about you - but the older I have gotten the less time I have had for that attitude than I did when I was younger and therefore, I am more picky about choosing my comapny and less concerned about who is "cool." End all be all- I have a more diverse group of friends than ever and am much happier/ less annoyed when I am out with them because they are as some folks say "good people."

While out tonight- I witnessed some people that did an action that totally grates on my nerves and that is telling a story very loudly and slowly as if they think everyone in the establishment cares about what the frick they did last night. I don't care what you did last night - person I have never met before- so please keep your storytelling below a million decibles please!

Clara Bow
05-22-2004, 06:47 AM
CooCoo,
You seem like a very bright person so I am sure you will do great! In terms of the history- think of it in terms of a drama/story - that helps some of the students in the class for which I am/was a teaching assistant.

Good luck! :)

denim
05-23-2004, 12:08 AM
One of my gripes is snails when its raining....when it rains snails seem to take great delight in being everywhere on the pavements, paths and walkways and you cant always see them in the dark to avoid them.

What is their problem? do they have suicidal tendancies or what?? they have all those gardens and lovely green areas but oh no they choose hard surfaces and walking areas...its so needless for them to be doing this and i dont understand their logic.

denim
05-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Also why is it when the car has been washed you only have to wait short space of time for a bird to crap on the windscreen?? and its not accidental I dont buy that...its a pretty small target when their flying at speed, they must have a competition amongst themselves where you score 2 points if you hit a hatchback.