Buying Racquets!!.. PLEASE HELP HERE! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Buying Racquets!!.. PLEASE HELP HERE!

Tzar
07-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Is Tennis warehouse going to be at the us open with a tent or something??

HOW DO I KNOW?? :)

Any other web shops??

The price in the Us Open are lower or more expansive than buying them in internet??

Thanks! ;)

Baghdatis72
07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Usually TT is present at main US based tennis events like the Miami MS so it should be present at the US Open. You can visit the TalkTennis forum, where I used to post for quite a while before coming here, and you can find a lot of info about such things.

Burrow
07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
so what racket are going to buy? some crappy microgel? :haha:

Burrow
07-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Usually TT is present at main US based tennis events like the Miami MS so it should be present at the US Open. You can visit the TalkTennis forum, where I used to post for quite a while before coming here, and you can find a lot of info about such things.

which is bollocks.

Baghdatis72
07-27-2007, 12:05 AM
which is bollocks.

It's a haven of trolls that are very annoying compared to regular trolls and that's why I left. There were only a handful of good posters and at some point a lot of them disappeared :o

Tzar
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
so what racket are going to buy? some crappy microgel? :haha:

I dont know yet i like the RDS003

Tzar
07-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Are the prices lower or higher on the US OPEN ??

Burrow
07-27-2007, 12:03 PM
It's a haven of trolls that are very annoying compared to regular trolls and that's why I left. There were only a handful of good posters and at some point a lot of them disappeared :o

Its to quiet also, 2 posts per day. It was only any good for discussing gear.

Burrow
07-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I dont know yet i like the RDS003

just another so so racket, nothing special but not bad either.

Baghdatis72
07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Its to quiet also, 2 posts per day. It was only any good for discussing gear.

Good for discussing about rackets, strings and their tensions, grips and overgrips, surface differences and various techniques.
Also it had the extra feature of destroying annoying trolls to the point where they stop posting anymore :devil:

Tzar
07-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Anyone knows about the price in the us open!

Baghdatis72
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Anyone knows about the price in the us open!

Usually prices of equipment in big tournaments by companies are slightly more expensive because it costs to pull off the whole advertising stands and promotion but if you take into consideration that you won't have to pay delivery and that you see and test what you buy, then it's worth it imo and the difference in price is minute ;)

Tzar
07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Usually prices of equipment in big tournaments by companies are slightly more expensive because it costs to pull off the whole advertising stands and promotion but if you take into consideration that you won't have to pay delivery and that you see and test what you buy, then it's worth it imo and the difference in price is minute ;)

Ok! Baghdatis in your opinion wich racquet suits best to me (Description first post)

Microgel Extreme OR Radical
RDS003
Kzen

Baghdatis72
07-27-2007, 06:00 PM
It all depends on you and your style of play. It's better to hold the racket in your hand and see how it feels. If you can hit some balls with them it's even better.
I haven't tried any of them so it will be useless to give advice to you.

Tzar
07-27-2007, 06:34 PM
ok thanks!

Baghdatis72
07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Generally if you are a player who lacks power it's better to go for rackets with larger head size whereas if you are a player who lacks control it's better to go for rackets with small head size.
If you lack power you string your racket at lower tensions whereas if you lack control you string it tighter.
If you play with a lot of topspin it's better to use a racket with an open string pattern (16x19 for example) so that generation of topspin is easier.
If you have problems handling your racket or returning serve then a heavier racket is prefered to lighter rackets because they are more solid in placement and don't drift a lot.