Time For A New Coach [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Time For A New Coach

NicoFan
07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Yesterday, I wanted to yell at Nico because I thought he wasn't preparing properly for hardcourt season and especially New Haven and the US Open.

But today is a different story. If I feel badly that he is losing all his matches, he must be totally depressed about it. I know that Nico really felt last year that he could be back in the top twenty, but it hasn't worked out. He's lost all his confident. He's lost all his fight on court. :sad: Poor Nico... :hug: :hug:

He's been through rough patches before, but he's always managed to comeback. But this time, it's not happening.

So your thoughts.

What do you think Nico has to do to comeback????

My thoughts on it: as much as I love Gaby, he takes great care of Nico, and as great as he is technically as a coach, Nico has to get a new coach next year. I wish Nico would do like Nole, and get a number of different coaches/ex-players to come and work with him for short periods of time in addition to his regular coach. Or like Flip is doing - he's at Andre's working out with Andre, Gil Reyes, and Sargasian to comeback.

The other thing is that Nico has to do something himself. He has to start being the warrior on court again and fight. Until he does that, no coach or advisor is going to help.

Whatever he does, it's got to be radical changes.

kidnicky
07-26-2007, 12:05 AM
for me the solution won't be another coach, unfortunatly this radical change only has to be made by him, I wish I could help you in some way but the only one that needs to do this is him, nobody else could help him since after being so negative it doesn't matter if you're smacking him on the forehead because at the end he wouldn't even listen at you, by this time I'm sure that he is still thinking about that shot missed on today's match or whatever it was that makes him lose his confidence and his state of being focussed.

I really have no clue what he could do, for me all this is for his attitude, he has to change his attitude, he has the freaking game and talent, everybody that has seen him during this year agrees that he's great on practice and that he does everything well, I still remember Gaby saying that he beated Davydenko 6-1 during a practice in Monte Carlo when Davydenko was still at his best, but during a match is a different thing. He has to find the way to keep the same form during matches, he is a professional tennis player, he can do this! I refuse to believe that this is it for him, this can't be it, no no no. THIS IS NOT THE END!!!

NicoFan
07-26-2007, 12:30 AM
I agree Kid - this is up to him. He's got to fight on court and somehow figure out how not to lose focus.

And totally agree that this can't be it for him. Tennis would be horrid without our Nico. :bigcry:

ChinoRios4Ever
07-26-2007, 01:49 AM
I agree with both

but it's early to tell something

let's wait for Nico's quotes...

kidnicky
07-26-2007, 03:26 AM
I know that we won't find out anything like him saying like he is going to quit this thing because he won't do it, I'm sure about that ;) but I'm not brave enough to get through the chilean press right now and to find out if he said something or not, it's already painfull enough for me :sad:

And for me tennis only exists for him ... I'm a tennis fan because of him and he'll figure out the way to get rid of all this sh*t and he'll be back again, he can do it and he will do it.

Fergie
07-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Nico only needs this to wake up: http://www.bodymod.org/smilies/slap.gif http://www.bodymod.org/smilies/paddle.gif

TommyB.
07-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Fergie...nice smilies! :lol:

You can yell at me but I think he should try it with a new coach in the next year. New influences can be a help, why not? :shrug: But I won't say that Gaby is a bad coach.

And he has to do something himself, of course. This is not the end, many players had a bad time in their career but managed it sooner or later. There's hope for our Nico.

NicoFan
07-26-2007, 12:03 PM
It will be interesting to hear what he says when he gets home - that's if Nico talks to the press. He hasn't been doing that much this year.

I also want his dad and Stefano to travel with him during the summer US swing. He needs their support right now. I know that his mom's dad is sick, but that doesn't mean that Papa Massu can't come along. It's only 4 weeks.

Love those smilies Fergie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

kidnicky
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
if any of his family member are not traveling with him since Cincy I'm going to be really mad at them :mad: :lol:

I'm sure that Fergie took some time to find out those smilies :rolls:

some players need new coaches to improve their career but we have seen that with Nico that's not the case, we could convince to the same Agassi to coach him and still he'd be doing the same thing, he needs to believe in himself.

Brahna
07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Arf :rolleyes: What to say? Nothing really new, unfortunately, it's the same old story :o As Kid say, his tennis is here but his mind's out there :confused:
I think a change of coach would be great, but he used to work with Gaby and I'm not sure he'd like to change his habits :rolleyes:

Spend a week with Rafa in Mallorca to find the fighting spirit again, to learn again to say VAMOS :lol: Yeah, to train with fighters...

I don't know, we'll see what he'll do, but for each problem there's a least a solution. That's not from me :lol: But that's true, just have to find it :D

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3026/headbangtw7fs4.gif (http://imageshack.us)VAMOS NICOhttp://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3026/headbangtw7fs4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

kidnicky
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
like all of us need to laugh a little bit I just remembered that I dreamt about Nicolas yesterday :haha: that I was talking to him by phone, of course it wasn't a call of 2 mins, it was a long call :rolls: and the thing that I remember the most that he said at the begining to me "I'm fine" :awww:

am I pathetic or what?!?! :smash: :haha:

TommyB.
07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
We should send him Fergie's smilies, especially the 2nd one. But I don't know if he feels well after it. ;)

kidnicky
07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I still don't get quite well what is the first smilie doing :p

LOVELY
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I think Gaby is a great coach and he must stay with Nico.He´s his coach and most important his friend. He can understand Nico better than anybody else.I saw him working hard in one of a practice in amersfoort trying to help Nico finding his fighting spirit.Gaby does his best to help Nico and so does Hernan too.(even off courts).Nico works with a great team :yeah:
Nico lost his confidence and that´s the main problem..We must cheer for him and support him in these bad moments and stop saying he should retire :rolleyes:
we have to make him recover his fighting spirit :)

kidnicky
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Lovely thanks for that :hug: ... I know that Gaby has to stay with Nico, there's nobody else that could take care of Nico or understand him like Gaby does, you've seen them working together and that's why you think like me that changing coaches isn't the solution.

Thanks for all as usual ;)

NicoFan
07-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Gaby does take excellent care of Nico. And technically, he's a great coach. But sometimes change can spark something though in a player...even if its only in the short term like with Fernando and Stefanki. But I really don't want Gaby to leave Nico - I know Nico is in good hands with Gaby.

But really, it doesn't have anything to do with whoever his coach is. All of this comes down to Nico putting his mind into coming back. It's hard to explain but we all know what it is - the ability to be able to get something done by changing your attitude and becoming focused on just doing it. It's almost like something happens inside your mind where you become committed to whatever it is you are trying to do and you'll do whatever it takes to succeed in accomplishing whatever the goal is. Nico has to do that - be focused, get the hunger and desire back, and instead of focusing on the negatives, just doing what it takes to get it done. Not accepting losing anymore. Stop talking about it, and just doing it.

And you are right Lovely - 1,000 lashes for me for saying that Nico should consider finding a new career. We all have to stay positive and support him. :fiery:

kidnicky
07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Gaby does take excellent care of Nico. And technically, he's a great coach. But sometimes change can spark something though in a player...even if its only in the short term like with Fernando and Stefanki. But I really don't want Gaby to leave Nico - I know Nico is in good hands with Gaby.

But really, it doesn't have anything to do with whoever his coach is. All of this comes down to Nico putting his mind into coming back. It's hard to explain but we all know what it is - the ability to be able to get something done by changing your attitude and becoming focused on just doing it. It's almost like something happens inside your mind where you become committed to whatever it is you are trying to do and you'll do whatever it takes to succeed in accomplishing whatever the goal is. Nico has to do that - be focused, get the hunger and desire back, and instead of focusing on the negatives, just doing what it takes to get it done. Not accepting losing anymore. Stop talking about it, and just doing it.

And you are right Lovely - 1,000 lashes for me for saying that Nico should consider finding a new career. We all have to stay positive and support him. :fiery:

I'm going to quote this post of you NicoFan forever :eek: :worship: ... finally somebody else made you see the brighter side and it was not me!! :yeah: :rolls:

Nico will find his way up again!! he will do it!!!! :fiery:

NicoFan
07-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I just feel so bad for him. :sad: It makes me so sad to think that he's so discouraged and nothing is going right. I wish someone could help him. It's great that Gaby and his fitness coach are doing all they can, but really it's up to him. But I know what it's like to be discouraged, but in the end, you can't give up.

Nico... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

kidnicky
07-27-2007, 06:56 PM
you're right ... at the end you can't give up, it's like a good disease :lol:

Venga Nicooo!!!! :rocker2:

NicoFan
07-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I meant that Nico shouldn't give up ;) but yes, we shouldn't give up either. :yeah: :lol:

kidnicky
07-27-2007, 07:57 PM
and I was talking about Nico too :rolls: ... hey Nico is already in Sopot, some MTF member is there and already saw him ;) the draw will be made tonight there it seems and I didn't create the thread because you're the one with the great titles so go NicoFan :yeah: :p

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 02:01 AM
BUMP! :p

first step done, "new coaches" Pato Rodriguez and Nano Zuleta will help Nico the rest of the year... good luck to both :yeah:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 02:03 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:bigcry:

What a nightmare...this can't be happening!!! :(

Pato??????????????????? He's SUCH an ASSHOLE!! :mad:

And Nano is a juniors coach.

WTF is Nico thinking???????????????? :confused:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 02:04 AM
And where did you read this No1Rios????

I can't believe this. :bigcry:

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 02:54 AM
I really have no more comments about this ... I'm so pissed off right now :sobbing: :shout:

Gaby I'll adore you forever :bigcry: :worship:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
I refuse to think of Pato as anything but a temporary coach.

The man is incapable of getting Nico back into the top 50 let alone get him back to the top of the ladder.

And Nano is a juniors coach. Totally unacceptable.

So it's brainstorming time.

What coaches are available right now????

I want Nico to get an American coach. Then he can train in Tampa at Nick's.

(I'm still so pissed at Nico for not taking advantage of Gaby as a great coach. :mad: And now acting as if this is all Gaby's fault by letting him go... :rolleyes: He shouldn't need to look for a great coach...he had one. :()

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm so pissed off that I can't even think for a new possibility, this wasn't the answer, the one that has the fault for his results is him and not his former coach, this sucks so much, we'll see the same stupid story as before, he'll win some matches and you could think that that's what he needed it and at the end he'll go down again and start complaining that he needs someone better than Pato :rolleyes:

I really want to kill him right now :fiery:

LOVELY
08-07-2007, 08:22 PM
NicoFan , as you're the next spy to see Nico, you're the one who have to tell him what we all think about his decision of firing Gaby ;) You are our messenger :angel:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Based on how I feel about him right now after what he said about Gaby, I might not be the best messenger. I'd like to yell at him right now. :mad:

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
what you should do is smacking him in the forehead with the present that I'll be sending to you :mad:

NicoFan
08-12-2007, 02:31 PM
This is an interesting article on Tennis Week. Pat Rafter is talking about how Lleyton needs to change his game - move from the running, grinding baseline play to more of a net game and be more aggressive where he shortens the points.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=17254&bannerregion=

Nico also has to change his game from a running, baseline and very defensive game to a more aggressive game (though not sure if Nico can ever be comfortable at net). Nico talked about it earlier in the year, Gaby tried to steer him in that direction, but he never would or could do it in a match.

It will be interesting to see how well my new favorite coach (yes, I'm being sarcastic) will do in getting Nico to change his game....which he needs to do if he ever hopes to even get back into the top 50 again.

TommyB.
08-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Hm I don't know if a player like Hewitt can change his game. He's a defender, he has no powerful groundstrokes to be more aggressive imo.

Nico has a powerful forehand, but he needs a comfortable net game. There are only few players with a good net game btw.

NicoFan
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Hm I don't know if a player like Hewitt can change his game. He's a defender, he has no powerful groundstrokes to be more aggressive imo.

Nico has a powerful forehand, but he needs a comfortable net game. There are only few players with a good net game btw.

Nico does have a powerful forehand. But he's always played too defensively, and lately, it seems that all he plays is defense. Until he gets into tight situations, and then it seems like he goes for crazy shots rather than just picking the right moment to go for the winner. He needs to use that fh more. Be more aggressive.

I don't think that he ever will be a good net player. And yes, most players today aren't comfortable at the net so he can get away with it. But it would be nice to see him mix it up and now and again go up to net...surprise his opponent...especially a lower ranked guy who can't always come up with a passing shot.

Jimmy is trying to do that with Andy....not sure how well it's working. :lol:

NicoFan
08-12-2007, 03:58 PM
EDIT: By more aggressive, I also mean to play just behind the baseline on hardcourts rather than 10 feet behind the baseline. I've been watching Rafa all week in Montreal - he's doing the same thing - you just cannot win on hardcourts if you stand that far back. It's too easy for your opponent to take the ball short and hit the winner against you. And I swear there are times when Nico is almost in the freaking stands. :tape: :lol:

And take teh ball early. I watch these guys today, and I know taking the ball early a la Andre is difficult. But for goodness sake, do it now and again. It makes me crazy watching them wait and wait for the ball before they hit it. Move in and take it early - obviously so much more difficult for your opponent to return the ball at that point.

TommyB.
08-12-2007, 04:05 PM
That's right, he played too defensively. I watched only few matches this year, but most of the time he was only reacting behind the baseline . But it's also a problem with confidence...less confidence = too defensive.

A good net game is difficult at the moment. The courts are slow...you need a very good volley. But a good volley is a big problem for many players. ;)

Yes Arod mixed a little bit more. But I can't see a big difference so far. He has his great serve at least. :D

NicoFan
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Confidence is the biggest problem right now.

But with everything in life, sometimes you have to force yourself to dive right in.

And only Nico can do that right now...no coach can "teach" him to do that.

Force himself at first to be agressive and then eventually it will become more and more natural....especially since by being more aggressive, he'll start to win a bit more.

Of course it has to be controlled aggressive play...the times that I've seen him play "aggressively" has ended up with him losing the point because he's not in control...it's like a wild crazy shot rather than a controlled winner.

TommyB.
08-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes i hope he'll find a solution for himself. He has to find it..because time is running. But his coach should help him too, whoever, Rodriguez or somebody else in the future.

NicoFan
09-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I have softened somewhat to Pato.

I still don't like what he did with La Familia de Tenis.

But he was very nice in NY. He was nice to the fans and good to Nico (most important thing!). At one point, he even patted Nico on the head. :lol: It was cute.

I just wish he'd talk more to Nico in practices. I'm sure that they talk a lot off the court, but I guess I just got used to Gaby who talked all the time in practice. :shrug:

And Gaby of course is HOT and Pato is not. ;) :lol: :lol:

kidnicky
09-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't care, I want Gaby back :o or at least someone else :p

there's a new video of Nico practicing in Amersfoort in Vassallo's website segundo saque ... you can see Gaby hitting the ball with Nico, Vassallo explained that Gaby was hitting the ball with no power so the one that should have to hit it with power will be Nico, to practice his forehand.

I miss Gaby :awww:

Alx
09-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Lovely and I were at that practice :sobbing:

I miss Nico :crying2:

kidnicky
09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
well yeah, I miss Nico more than Gaby actually :p ... but feel mercy for NicoFan and me Alx .. believe it or not, you saw Nico more than us this year :bigcry:

NicoFan
09-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I miss Nico too. :bigcry:

Thanks for the headup on the video - I'll check it out.

Gaby... :hug:

kidnicky
09-03-2007, 05:16 PM
the website is www.segundosaque.com ... it's the first video that you'll find ;)

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
It obviously doesn't matter what I think or what I am hoping for. ;) :lol:

But I really want Nico to get a new coach over the offseason. One who will be tough. Someone like Jimmy Connors.

I don't like him down so low in the rankings - and he'll never move back up with Pato and Nano as coaches. :sad:

I'll be able to tell how serious he is about changing his game and coming back by what he does over the off season.

If he stays with Pato and Nano, he's happy being 70-100 in the world and is just going to cruise along until he retires.

But if he changes and gets a good coach from the US or Europe, I'll know that he seriously wants to be an ATP contender again.

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 10:29 PM
why you keep hoping that he'd get a coach from the US?! :shrug: that will never happen NicoFan :lol:

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 10:32 PM
:lol:

I do want Nico to get a coach from the U.S. - then maybe he'll be here more. :tape: :lol:

But really right now, I just want him to get a good coach...even if that means a European coach. He can't possibly spend anymore time in Europe than he already does so it can't hurt. :rolleyes: :lol:

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 10:34 PM
:haha: you're right, he can't pass more time in Europe than he already does :rolleyes: :lol:

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 10:44 PM
He should sell the condo in Buenos Aires and get one in Madrid... :rolleyes: :haha:

Poor Nico. :hug: I'm teasing him. ;) :lol:

Now if he was here in the U.S. all the time, I would never ever tease him about spending too much time in the States. :angel: :lol:

But back to the main topic - he needs a GREAT coach!!! One who will push him back up the rankings. :fiery:

LOVELY
10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't think he spends too much time in Europe :)

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 10:52 PM
actually it seems that he didn't buy the condo in Buenos Aires :shrug: ... but yeah you're right, he should sell the ones in Chile and buy another one in any part of Europe, it doesn't matter in which european country, he is always there :retard: :lol:

but of course that he needs a great coach! :tennis:

and Lovely will think that he doesn't spend to much time in Europe no matter if Nico would actually live there :rolls:

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Lovely... :lol: He spends ALL his time in Europe so of course, you don't think that he spends too much time there. :lol:

He didn't buy the condo in BA? As usual, the Chilean press is wrong. :rolleyes:

So yeah, he should buy one in Europe - probably Stockholm since he likes the blonde ladies. :lol:

He totally needs a great coach...who that would be, I have no idea. :shrug: (But it's not the two he has. :tape:)

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
you had to mention the girl subject or you were not going to be happy right NicoFan :o :lol:

well Alex told me that she asked about the condo to his mom and that she said to him that he didn't buy any condo so that's why I'm wondering if he bought it or not :scratch: :lol:

yeah I have no ideas about some good coaches right now :shrug: but not Pato definetly :p

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
:lol: Poor Kid - sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry...didn't mean to mention the ladies. :angel:

Tia Sonia should know what he's bought or not. It doesn't matter, but I wish the newspapers wouldn't say those things that aren't true. :(

I would like to steal Jimmy Connors from Andy but of course that would never happen. :sad: :lol:

LOVELY
10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
No idea if he buys a condo in Ba or not, but I just bought a condo next to Paris :angel: So if he needs a place to stay, no problem :p

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 11:45 PM
only for Nico, I asked Lovely for a place in her new condo and she didn't accept me :ras: :lol:

it's okay NicoFan I'm used to your obsession now :rolls: ... and well the press doesn't give a damn about Nico, they only know how to bash him that's all :retard:

I'm not sure about Jimmy Connors, Andy hasn't improved that much on clay and no matter what, I like that Nico is good on clay, of course that I'd like him to be better on hardcourts but only being greater on clay :p

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Lovely - how so very generous of you to offer Nico a place to stay in Paris. ;) :lol: (And congrats on buying the condo!!! :yeah:)

Andy hasn't improved on clay, but he's doing much better overall.

I actually want a personality like Jimmy's. Tough. Losing isn't an option type person. He tells it to Andy like it is...I wish Nico had someone like that. :sad:

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah I know, the personality type is what he needs, at least when it comes to the game :awww: ... but with Nico is impossible, you can't be tough to him, it's impossible really! :banghead: :lol:

NicoFan
10-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Yup. :sad: :lol:

NicoFan
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
bump

Time to bump this thread.

Because it's time for Nico to seriously consider a new coach.

Only one win under Pato in 2007, from New Haven on.

And he was completely non-competitive against Blake.

I hope to hear when he arrives back in Chile that he's (finally) making some moves to find another coach.

Even Pato and Nano would have to agree. You can't expect to keep your job when a player has zero results.

Sparko1030
01-15-2008, 02:45 PM
He finally took our advice about the sleevelss shirt, maybe he take our advice about getting a new coach next. :shrug: It obvious Pato isn't doing him any good-I hope he and his dad can see that by now....

kidnicky
01-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm always positive about Nico but I can't be positive about this matter ... I'm sure that I'll keep seeing ugly's Pato face for more time :ras: :lol:

LOVELY
01-15-2008, 05:43 PM
What's the problem with GG playing Challengers?...:confused:
I don't like this title sorry.

NicoFan
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Title is changed.

kidnicky
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
:p

NicoFan I have a question, actually is something that we need to check but I have no time :lol: ... I guess that Nano's last name is Zulueta or is it Zuleta? :scratch: just check it 'cause I have that doubt since I read our blog :p

ChinoRios4Ever
01-15-2008, 07:34 PM
the problem is not Nano, Pato o who other

the main problem is NICOLAS MASSU!!!!

BOTTOM LINE!!!! :fiery:

NicoFan
01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Hey Kid - I'll doublecheck, but I always thought it was Zuleta.

Felipe - you are right - it is Nico. Completely. But a good coach can definitely help. Plus Pato is old - the game has changed. And Nano always has been, always will be a juniors coach.

kidnicky
01-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure, but probably you're right about the last name :lol:

oh and I agree, I said the same thing when Nico left Gaby, that no matter if Agassi would be his coach, if he doesn't change his attitude and try to solve his problems, there's no point in getting the greatest coach for him but anyway, let's see what happens :p

NicoFan
01-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I know most of this is Nico's fault, but with that said, a good coach could possibly help.

So yet again...bump...

If I see Pato and/or Nano after Acapulco, I'll cry. :bigcry:

Nicolas Alejandro Massu Fried - por favor, find a good coach - por favor!!!

Fergie
01-30-2008, 03:58 AM
The Saturday Nano arrived late and Pato didn't talk with Nico :o :rolleyes:

Yeah, Nico needs a new coach :tape:

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 04:16 AM
:rolleyes: please fire them now! :o :p

NicoFan
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
The Saturday Nano arrived late and Pato didn't talk with Nico :o :rolleyes:

Yeah, Nico needs a new coach :tape:

Gracias for the info. :hug:

:mad:

Definitely time.

I hope that Nico and Papa Massu take this week to go over coaching options.

Yet again, my vote is for an American coach....someone who can work on his hardcourt game. :yeah: (And that would mean that he would play more American tournaments. ;) ).

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
you still believe in Santa Claus right NicoFan? :lol:

NicoFan
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
:ras: to Kid. :rolls:

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm just being realistic as you would say :lol:

I sent you another email, check it :p

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
you have to read what alexito found :p

Expertos orientan a Nicolás Massú en su duro presente
Los ex tenistas Guillermo Vilas y Javier Frana, y los comentaristas Tony Pena y Juan Szafrán desmenuzan el difícil momento del viñamarino. "Debe volver con Gabriel Markus", exige Vilas.

http://img.emol.elmercurio.com/2008/01/30/File_2008130101435.jpg

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
and here it is the complete note, thanks to Alex again :yeah:

what I found hillarious is the one saying that another coach for him could be De la Peña :haha: he actually has no idea about the pass between Nico and Horacio :rolls:

Expertos orientan a Nicolás Massú en su duro presente

Los ex tenistas Guillermo Vilas y Javier Frana, y los comentaristas Tony Pena y Juan Szafrán desmenuzan el difícil momento del viñamarino. "Debe volver con Gabriel Markus", exige Vilas

La temprana eliminación de Nicolás Massú a manos de Sergio Roitman en la Ciudad Jardín alejó al viñamarino de su intento por reinsertarse en los puestos de privilegio de la ATP. Y no fue todo: también dejó un manto de dudas respecto de su nivel.

El "planeta tenis" ha estado expectante frente a la pobre realidad del campeón olímpico. Desde Buenos Aires, el legendario ex jugador argentino Guillermo Vilas ahondó en el sostenido bajón del dos criollo.

"Conozco muy bien a Nicolás y es un jugador de muy buena madera. No ha engordado, ni tiene problemas con la edad. Puede volver a ser lo que era antes. Ahora pasa por un momento difícil y es necesario que tome los recaudos necesarios para salir rápido de este hoyo. ¿Cuáles son? Creo que debe volver con Gabriel Markus", apunta el otrora ganador del US Open, el Abierto de Australia y Roland Garros.

"A veces los jugadores están confundidos. Y cuando uno está perdido en la vida, vuelve al hogar, a donde uno se formó. Y creo que, tenísticamente, para Massú ese lugar es Markus, volver a trabajar con él. Gabriel lo conoce muy bien y puede ayudarlo a escalar rápido en el ranking", añade Vilas.

Los analistas de ESPN Javier Frana, Juan Szafrán y Tony Pena también brindaron luces sobre cómo afrontar el gris panorama.

El primero de ellos -quien fue 30º del mundo en 1995- le proyecta un duro camino al chileno en su afán por retornar a los primeros lugares.

"Le va a costar volver. El circuito ahora es como una secadora de ropa que gira muy rápido. Si sales de ahí es muy difícil reinsertarse", afirmó. En todo caso, según Frana, "por su edad (28 años), Nicolás tiene un par de años de vida útil".

Szafrán, en tanto, afirma que "la garra que tiene 'Nico' es admirable. Esas medallas olímpicas no se las quitará nadie, pero queda una larga temporada para que siga en la lucha, que es donde más cómodo se siente".

El comentarista también tiene palabras para Paul Capdeville, quien ahora le pelea el dos de Chile al viñamarino.

"Tiene más tenis de lo que él mismo cree. Es cuestión de confianza. En todo caso, él no tuvo una preparación física adecuada para un deportista de élite. Tiene 24 años y se ahoga en partidos largos", sostiene.

Por su parte, Pena le recomienda un coach a Massú: Horacio de la Peña. "Una de las personas que más sabe de tenis en el mundo es 'Pato' Rodríguez, pero creo que en este momento Nicolás necesita a alguien que lo haga luchar todos los días, y De la Peña sabe cómo hacerlo".

Fergie
01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
1st time in mi life that I agree with Vilas :lol:

And I like Horacio too ... After seen him training with the chilean juniors he is just that Nico needs, sadly this will not happen :p

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
me too :rolls:

and yes Horacio can be good but that is something even more impossible to happen than NF's request of an american coach :lol:

NicoFan
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
I agree with Vilas too. :yeah: The stupidest thing that Nico has ever done was to fire Gaby the second time. :rolleyes: I don't know if it was completely his decision or his dad's or Nano's, but it was bottom line dumb. Gaby was the best coach for Nico - perfect caoch for Nico. But I highly doubt that even if Nico begged Gaby to come back that Gaby would do it. He puts Gaby through hell. If I were Gaby, I would tell him to screw himself...and I adore Nico. :rolls: And what Nico said about Gaby after he fired him was really unforgivable...I was ashamed for him. :o

As for Horacio, I like Horacio and he would also be great for Nico. I don't get their relationship. If the Chilean newspapers can be trusted, Nico did ask Horacio to coach him once before and Horacio would have said yes if Fernando hadn't said no. And when you see them together at tournaments, they seem to get along, and Stefano was sitting with Horacio one time. I've seen Horacio coaching Nico from the stands when Nico and Fernando played doubles together, and Nico was laughing at what Horacio was saying. But there are times when they are at each other throats so I just don't know if they could last long together.

Again, (and yes Kid I do believe in Santa Claus! :rolls: ), I want him to get a different perspective on the game and get an American coach. :fiery: Someone who can help him shorten his points and do better on hardcourts.

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
you still leave cookies and a glass of milk on Christmas eve right? :lol: just kidding :hug:

I know, as much as I would love to have Gaby back, he wouldn't take Nico back no matter if he goes to beg him down on his knees, I wouldn't take him back and like NF said, I adore Nico :rolls: but I think Gaby wants to live some years to see his girls all grown up and beign Nico's coach doesn't help at all to his health to achieve that :spit:

I just can't see him being coached by Horacio, I just can't :lol:

NicoFan
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
The most important thing though in a coach is that it has to be someone who will care about Nico, who will take care of Nico, and who will fight for him.

kidnicky
01-30-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah and the current one isn't doing that so ... fire him! :o :lol:

GonzoFan
01-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Interview with Patricio Rodriguez
From www.elmercurio.cl

"Vilas está totalmente equivocado y obsoleto"
El técnico de Massú desestima las apreciaciones del ex astro argentino, quien dijo que el viñamarino debería volver a trabajar con Gabriel Markus.

A Patricio Rodríguez le molesta que se le dé tanta importancia a la derrota de Nicolás Massú en la primera ronda del ATP de Viña del Mar.

"Empezamos bien el año en Auckland, donde 'Nico' demostró que está jugando bien. Después perdió en Australia contra (James) Blake, que es durísimo en cemento. Y aquí esperábamos más, porque ha estado entrenando muy bien, pero no hay que olvidarse que (Sergio) Roitman está en su mejor momento y que ya le había ganado antes. Hay que entender que es sólo un torneo y que vienen muchos campeonatos más. Él no está jugando mal; sólo hay que mejorar un par de cositas. Para mí, lo que pasó en ese partido fue que se puso muy tenso", analiza "Pato".

-Entonces, es difícil para el DT hacer algo si su jugador muestra un buen nivel en las prácticas pero se pone muy nervioso en el partido...

"Pero nadie piensa en que el otro tipo también juega. Acá todos creen que Nicolás viene a su país y tiene que ganar el torneo, y no es así. Mire lo que pasó con Juan Ignacio Chela, que es 25º del mundo y perdió en primera ronda contra Fabio Fognini, que es 104º, y nadie dice nada. Mientras que si 'Nico' pierde se arma algo grande. Se toma esto como si fuera el único torneo, porque la gente y los diarios meten mucha presión. Viña es un torneo de los más chicos del circuito, pero todo el entorno les aporta un nerviosismo extra a los jugadores. Perdió en primera ronda y punto. Pero nadie dice que estuvo tres horas en la cancha y salió fresco, y hace unos meses sólo aguantaba un set, un set y medio".

-¿Cuánto ha mejorado desde que lo tomó, en septiembre?

"Mucho. De derecha andaba más o menos no más, y se ha afirmado. El revés ha progresado, sobre todo su slice, y el saque nos falló contra Roitman, sobre todo el segundo. Y también ha mejorado su velocidad".

-¿Le molestó lo que dijo Guillermo Vilas?

"¿Qué dijo Vilas?".

-Que Massú debía volver con Gabriel Markus...

"No creo que le haya ido mejor con Markus que conmigo, porque cuando yo lo entrenaba ganó dos medallas olímpicas. Vilas está totalmente equivocado y obsoleto, en el sentido de que no está actualizado sobre el circuito. No sabe lo que está diciendo... Si con Markus le estaba yendo pésimo. Seguramente lo defiende porque es argentino, pero yo nunca diría algo así y debería respetarme un poco porque yo también fui su entrenador. Vilas no debe saber que conmigo fue 9º y ganó dos oros en Atenas, porque Vilas está enterado sólo de él, de él y de él".

Fergie
01-31-2008, 05:43 PM
As you Pato :o :o :o

kidnicky
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks for that GonzoFan ;)

can I say that I hate this stupid assh*le even more everyday that passes by?!?! :shout: ... the obsolet one is him not Vilas, at least Vilas still travels around the tour and plays GS and all those things, so he knows more about the actual situation of the tour than Rodriguez that was at home for more than a year :retard: ... and I knew that he'd come out with that sh*t that with him Nico won the 2 medals and reached the top ten, what the assh*le doesn't say is that for his stupid fault Nico had that big injury after the olympics and then he made him come back earlier than he should and also he doesn't say that Nico reached the top 10 for all the previous work that Gaby did with Nico and that assh*le only came to get the "glory" of what Nico did that year but people has to be stupid if they think that he was the one behind all this, all this didn't happen from one day to another, it was from a previous work that obviously he didn't do it :ras:

ok my rant is over :lol: is just that this guy irritates me :o

NicoFan
01-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Pato is an idiot. Period. End of Story. :lol:

Nico won those golds because of his own talent and Gaby helping him get to where he was, nothing that Pato did. :rolleyes:

And this just further shows that I'm right that Nico doesn't need to get another Chilean or Argentine coach where all they care about is fighting with one another, and proving who is better than one another. ;) :lol: Let's get Nico out of that circus. Get an American coach Nico!!! And Nico needs to work on his hardcourt game as he gets older. And none of these guys can do that. And I don't want to hear that he won't like being away from Chile or speaking English. Screw those excuses. ;) :lol: If he wants to win, then the cute bug can put up with it. :fiery: :lol:

kidnicky
01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
NF you've to accept that Nico won't get an american coach :lol:

Fergie
01-31-2008, 06:32 PM
NF is in denial :p

NicoFan
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
:rolls:

I am in denial. :lol:

But I can't help myself. :shrug:

I won't stop wishing until the bad news comes in that he got yet another Chilean or Argentine coach. :bigcry:

kidnicky
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
at this moment I'd be happy enough if he'd get another coach :rolls: and I think that there are not too many chileans who could be coaches?!? :shrug:

NicoFan
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
No, it would probably end up being an Argentine.

Nothing against the Argentines - they are great coaches - but Nico needs a complete change. The Argentines are good for clay. Nico needs someone who will make him afraid to lose and focus on his hardcourt game. Not a friend. He's got enough of those on the circuit.

kidnicky
01-31-2008, 07:04 PM
actually NicoFan, I'm sure that the argentinian coaches are good also for hardcourt game, but you're forgetting that our main problem here is that our little Nico is the one who doesn't listen to his coaches that often :lol: ... Alex was telling me that Gaby was the one taking Nalbandian to that Wimbledon final (or it was semifinal? lol!) but nobody ever recognized his work, so the coach is a problem but also Nico is the other part of the problem :p

NicoFan
01-31-2008, 08:25 PM
I know... :sad:

Nico.... :hug:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-04-2008, 04:25 AM
I support Pato this time... the problem is Nico, not him... :o humble opinion...

plis SHUT UP THE IDIOT VILAS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!

what about De La Peña coaching Nico?

NicoFan
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree, the problem is Nico.

You're a big sports fan, Felipe. You know that a good coach can always help. And sometimes make a huge difference.

Pato is a troublemaker too. And only cares about everyone looking at him and telling him how great he is. We saw that with the La Familia de Tenis fiasco.

As for Horacio, I've always liked him as a coach. He was an excellent coach for Fernando, but when I used to watch Fernando practicing with Horacio, he never would listen to Horacio on the big things. He would make faces and just do what he wanted. :shrug: Now Stefanki gets all the glory...kind of like Pato got when Nico won the gold medal but it was Gaby who taught Nico everything.

kidnicky
02-04-2008, 06:40 PM
those 2 are more alike than we'd have ever thought right?! :rolls:

I'll only support Pato if I see Nico winning again, the problem is him of course but it never hurts getting a coach that actually works with him and is not even looking at his practices like if he were just another part of the crowd :o

NicoFan
04-25-2008, 12:04 PM
bump...

What are you waiting for Nico??????????????????????????????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! PLEASE GET A NEW COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shrug:

And NOT one from Chile or Argentine.

PLEASE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!!!! A European coach, an American coach, someone who can help you with your hardcourt game, a surface you can do well on, a surface you need to do well on as you get older.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Show your fans some sign that you are planning to make some kind of changes. That you are looking for a new coach. That you are planning to do something to move back up.

(Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry I had to do this. I'm so freaking frustrated and I have to vent somewhere!!! :lol:)

LOVELY
04-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Changing the coach is not the answer to Nico's problems of confidence :shrug:

Alx
04-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure improving his game on hard court because he gets older is a good reason. Playing on hard courts causes more injuries than playing on clay or grass. So IMO you should avoid playing too much on hard court when you get older.

NicoFan
04-25-2008, 02:16 PM
A good coach always helps with a player's confidence. The commentators were talking about that on the international feed from Monte Carlo this morning. About how a good coach can make a player comfortable, motivate them, and give them confidence. Most athletes will tell you that a good coach makes a lot of difference - in any sport. What's he paying a coach for if a coach doesn't make a difference? So yes, I really do believe that a good coach can help Nico with his confidence. And I don't think that it's just confidence. He's not playing well either.

As he gets older and can't rely on his speed on the clay court as much, he'll need to use a bit more power and shorten the points. Gaby told him that he had to change his game, and I thought they were working on that based on Gaby's comments in the press. Nico also commented on it as well at one point.

And his game is far more suited to hardcourt than clay. He knows it too - he's also commented on that. But he says that he prefers clay. Well sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do. The more he plays hardcourts, the more comfortable he'll be. He's not a child anymore - he has to make these decisions like an adult.

(And no, I'm not saying this because I'm an American and LOVE hardcourts. Actually I hate hardcourts as much as Nico does. I really love clay, and the clay style of play. But I'm thinking of what is best for Nico. ;) ).

Choosing Pato again as a coach was a bad decision (wasn't a good decision the first time either - that's why Nico fired him).

kidnicky
04-25-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't know if he needs to improve his game on hard courts, the truth is that he is not winning anymore on clay that it's the most worrying situation here! and like his dad said a couple of weeks ago, this is just like football, if you're not seeing results with a coach you've to look for another option, of course this is not only the coach's fault, but if this "new" coach couldn't do anything to help him then it's time to get a new one and I don't know maybe a trip to the mountains, India, to some budist temple or whatever it takes to get that confidence back and believe that he still can win for Godnessake!! :o

NicoFan
04-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Kid - I agree, a lot of this is in his head. And I've said before that I thought he needed to take some time off and get his head together.

Fernando was quoted in the last couple of days that he thinks that Nico needs to enjoy himself on court more. I agree totally with Fernando. Fer says that they talk all the time so I'm figuring that he's said it to Nico also. I remember a couple of years ago that Nico wasn't having fun anymore. He seemed miserable. And even last summer, he just didn't seem like he liked the game anymore. Everyone got mad at me because I said he should retire, but to me, if you aren't doing what you love, it's not worth the effort. Find what you love, and do that. But that's just my humble opinion. :angel: :lol:

So part of it is a coach (someone who can motivate him again) and part of it is up to him - I think he has to find the joy in the game again. And if he can't find that joy on court again, maybe it's time to do something else in the game - coach, whatever.

I want Nico to be happy, and everytime I've watched him the last two summers, he's completely miserable.

kidnicky
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I also agree with you in that part about loving the game, but since he keeps saying that he loves what he does and that he still want to play tennis then it's why I said that he needs to find a freaking solution for his situation 'cause like he said, it's not the end of the world to have a bad time in your career once in a while, but this "bad time" it's almost since 2 years ago so what is he waiting?!?! :sobbing:

And I'll repeat this for the rest of my life, Fernando is the one that should quit tennis and become Nico's coach :p :lol:

NicoFan
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
:lol: He is much more calm with Fernando than anyone else. :lol: But don't think Fernando is retiring anytime soon. :lol:

I know, he says he loves tennis. But he sure as heck doesn't look like he loves anything about tennis at all when you see him in person. :shrug:

And it has been two years. He keeps saying that every player has a "right" to have a low point in their careers. I don't know what having a "right" has to do with it :lol: but yes, he's correct that every player does have a couple of low points in their careers. But when it lasts for two years, everyone is going to talk about it and something has to be done about it. :shrug: And I would argue that it's been longer than that...he started to slide down right after the Olympics.

Even though I've thought of walking away from supporting him, it will never happen because I do love him and even though he doesn't know that I'm rooting for him, I just couldn't abandon rooting for him.

But I wish I could go on strike. :haha: Get a sign and march around his matches in protest until he makes some changes. :rolls:

kidnicky
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM
But I wish I could go on strike. :haha: Get a sign and march around his matches in protest until he makes some changes. :rolls:

:haha: :haha:

now how could will that be?? :rolls: it's such a shame that we're not going to see him this year both of us at the same time otherwise I'd join you in that march in his matches with big signs that we're about to go on strike if he doesn't make changes :o :lol:

and well Fernando isn't playing that much this year so we could consider to offer him an alternate career don't you think? :rolls: I don't know why but he is the only one who Nico doesn't yell at, at all :tape: :lol:

NicoFan
04-25-2008, 03:12 PM
:haha: :haha:

now how could will that be?? :rolls: it's such a shame that we're not going to see him this year both of us at the same time otherwise I'd join you in that march in his matches with big signs that we're about to go on strike if he doesn't make changes :o :lol:

and well Fernando isn't playing that much this year so we could consider to offer him an alternate career don't you think? :rolls: I don't know why but he is the only one who Nico doesn't yell at, at all :tape: :lol:

Everyone at teh tournament would think we've lost our minds. :rolls: Well we kind of have following Nico. :tape: :lol:

Fernando hasn't played much this year. :tape:

They've disagreed on things, but yeah, they have a great relationship. :yeah: I think it's cute when they are together. :) :hug:

If he doesn't change his coach by the end of RG, we'll have to figure out a way to go on strike. :rolls:

Sparko1030
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
:rolls: I would love to see you two going on strike at his matches. He would have to take notice of your advice at least!

Well, I can't say I have the answers for him but I do know I want him to be happy with his life. If tennis is what he wants to do then he has to know what he's doing right now isn't working. Obviously his confidence is a big part but I don't think the coaching can be dismissed. Changes of any kind can give a person a new outlook and a new coach could do that. And if there is no relation between what a player's coach does and how his player is doing then why have one at all? May as well save the money then. Obviously Nico is having major problems and Pato MUST take some of the blame. Is Pato willing to change his coaching style to suit Nico's current situation? I doubt it. Overall, Nico's situation has only gotten worse since Pato came back (and Gabby left :sobbing: ). Defending Pato as Nico's coach seems very misguided at this point...

kidnicky
04-25-2008, 03:34 PM
what the hell then?! we already know that we've lost our minds because of him so by doing the march with the big sings is when he'd realize how screwed up we are because of him! :silly: :lol:

Maybe Nico doesn't yell at him 'cause he knows that Fernando can break more than one racquet on his head :scared: :lol:

Maybe the first step of our strike could be to sing one of those online petitions what do you think? :silly: :rolls:

and totally agree with you Sparko, I stop mentioning Gaby 'cause people could think that I only want him as Nico's coach :p but things didn't get better at all after he left so it's time to look up for another change, the coach and then a change on him :shrug:

NicoFan
04-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I miss Gaby... :bigcry: I'd take him back in a second. But I doubt he'd come back. :sad:

Fernando is bigger than Nico so it's not a good idea for Nico to yell at him. :lol: And yeah, I've seen Fernando destroy his racquets - I wouldn't piss off Fernando at all. :tape: :rolls:

We'll have to find little smilies with "ON STRIKE" on them so if we can't do it at a tournament, we can do it online. :yeah: :lol:

kidnicky
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I miss him too but he's not that insane to come back with Nico :tape: :lol:

See! He'd be the perfect coach for Nico, he wouldn't complain or yell at all to him :haha:

I'm sure that we could find out some strike smilies :p

ChinoRios4Ever
04-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Nico needs a big chance...

so... DE LA PEÑA TO COACH NICO!!!!!

now or never :fiery: :crazy: :bounce:

humble opinion, i know you will kill me, but Horacio always said that he see many positive things in Nico's game and he never used that potential

NicoFan
04-26-2008, 02:03 AM
I like Horacio. :lol:

I wouldn't mind if he coached Nico - he's an excellent coach. :yeah:

But....it will never happens. :rolls:

NicoFan
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
bump...

Even though he's doing well in Tunis, he still needs a new coach.

And I really want an announcement after RG that he's got a new coach.

If there's no announcement, the entire world will hear me scream. :angel: :rolls:

Sparko1030
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree that he still needs to change coaches-but the downside to his winning (and the only downside :lol: ) is now Pato can say he is helping our chico :( I fully expect to hear that scream Nicofan....

Alx
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
:rolleyes:

NicoFan
05-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I agree that he still needs to change coaches-but the downside to his winning (and the only downside :lol: ) is now Pato can say he is helping our chico :( I fully expect to hear that scream Nicofan....

I thought the same thing...we're going to be stuck with that idiot if Nico starts winning again.

Nico needs someone who can help him in the long run - someone who can help with his confidence and hardcourt game without losing his clay game.

Pato is just not a big league coach anymore. :shrug:

But sadly, I know that I'll be screaming in agony when no announcement comes after RG. :rolleyes: :sad:

kidnicky
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
yeah sadly we'll be hearing NicoFan screaming after RG 'cause I'm pretty sure that we'll be stuck with that useless maybe even after the olympics :o ... maybe Nico is still with him 'cause he can yell at Pato whenever he wants and complain about how useless he is any time of the day :haha:

Pato doesn't even help him to practice a little bit, he is just an expensive and old ball boy :tape: :rolls:

and Alx if you don't like reading our complains, then just don't read them :rolls: this is like our venting thread :haha:

Sparko1030
05-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Pato doesn't even help him to practice a little bit, he is just an expensive and old ball boy :tape: :rolls:

Kid!!! :devil: :haha:

kidnicky
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
It's true!!! I've seen it with these eyes that will be eaten by worms :haha:

Sparko1030
05-02-2008, 04:26 PM

ChinoRios4Ever
05-02-2008, 11:12 PM
:haha::haha::haha:

NicoFan
05-03-2008, 12:26 AM

I've seen it too... :tape: :lol:

kidnicky
05-03-2008, 03:13 AM
I swear that I can do what Pato is doing and I also swear (Nico if you're reading pay attention please :rolls:) that I will do it for free! :lol: :haha:

Sparko1030
05-03-2008, 05:14 AM
Well, you should get paid something Kid :lol: but you can ask for a lot
less than Pato ;)

kidnicky
05-03-2008, 06:27 PM
no no I'll do it with all my pleasure for free :angel: :p

NicoFan
05-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey, I'll do it for free too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah: :lol:

kidnicky
05-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Sparko doesn't know what she is talking about, I'd like to see her getting paid for Nico for doing anything for him :rolls:

ChinoRios4Ever
05-07-2008, 06:16 AM
well like John Cena, the WWE wrestler says: THE TIME IS NOW!!!!

Nico is not more with Pato and Nano conection... :rolls:

your quotes? :wavey:

my bad... Cena says: MY TIME IS NOW!!! :o

NicoFan
05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Everyone start hoping, wishing, praying that Nico and Papa Massu make the right decision for a new coach!!!

Someone from the U.S. or Europe!

Someone who knows hardcourts!!

If it's someone from Chile or Argentina (again), I'm going to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

And then cry. :bigcry:

NicoFan
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I have to add - I'm trying not to get too excited until I hear who the next coach will be. I don't want to be heartbroken when the new coach is named. :awww:

But I can't help myself - I'm dancing around my room!!! :aparty: :rolls:

NicoFan
05-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh and another thing - while I do NOT want someone from Chile or Argentina that doesn't mean Gaby! ;) :lol: Gaby is always welcome to be Nico's coach as far as I am concerned.

But I know that won't happen. :sad:

And to be honest, I might be bummed there too - he needs a total change in a new direction.

kidnicky
05-07-2008, 02:13 PM
what did I miss huh?!?! did I read the wrong thread first? damn it! :rolls:

and NF start screaming now 'cause there's no way that he could get an american coach :p

NicoFan
05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
No, no, no, we must think positively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sparko1030
05-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Sparko doesn't know what she is talking about, I'd like to see her getting paid for Nico for doing anything for him :rolls:

How did I miss your post from the other day Kid? :scratch: :retard: :lol:
Yeah, I dare say I would do it for free too :rolls:

what did I miss huh?!?! did I read the wrong thread first? damn it! :rolls:

and NF start screaming now 'cause there's no way that he could get an american coach :p

I thought I missed sometning too-so Nico and Pato have parted ways???? this is great news!!! I hope he gets your "dream" coach Nicofan but I think anyone else will be better :lol: (kinda like our presidential situation-anyone is better than Bush :devil: )

NicoFan
05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, Felipe put it in the News thread, and then put something here too.

I'M STILL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO HAPPY!!! :bounce:

Nothing personal against Pato :tape: :angel: but he wasn't right for our Nico...

And I don't care what Kid says, I'm wishing wishing wishing and hoping hoping hoping for that American coach. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

But I can live with a European coach too. :lol:

kidnicky
05-08-2008, 04:34 AM
is just that is so sweet how you still believe that miracles do happen :rolls: :lol:

and yeah nothing personal against Pato ... nobody would believe me so why am I lying'?! :haha: :p

NicoFan
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
I do believe in miracles, Ms. Kid. ;)

And will continue to believe in miracles until Nico announces his new coach from Argentina before RG. :rolls:

NicoFan
06-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Okay, I've let this go for awhile, but it's time to bump.

Last week while I was on vacation, y'all missed an article in EMOL that talked about two possibilities for coaches: one, Safin's current coach Hernan Gumy, or two, a former GG coach.

I think Gumy is a no go because Safin is happy with him.

Who knows who the other one might be.

Now that the Everton final is over, it's time for Nico to let us know what the decision is.

And again, please please please think outside the box for once instead of these same 'ol same 'ol Argentine coaches who are recycled from player to player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

For once, get someone who can move his game into new directions.

I know it won't happen because Nico has never once thought outside the box, but a girl can dream.

kidnicky
06-05-2008, 04:34 AM
yes, you can keep dreaming NF :hug: :lol:

NicoFan
07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Finally some news!! This is thanks to Alonsofz. :hug:

Nico may train with Horacio de la Pena in the coming weeks just for the Olympics. :yeah: Since it's just the short term, I don't mind another Argentine coach. And I've always like Horacio - he's a good coach. :yeah:

But I had to laugh when I heard the news. :haha: Nico with Horacio...there's a pair. :lol:

NicoFan
07-10-2008, 02:29 AM
I was looking to find something online about Nico and Horacio - found this where Don Manuel says that Nico won't look for a full time coach until after the Olympics:

http://blogs.elmercurio.com/deportes/2008/07/01/gildemeister-ayudara-a-massu-a.asp

Since it finished his participation in Roland Garros that Nicolas Massú does not have coach. After finishing its link with Patrician Rodriguez, Leonardo Zuleta has assumed the role of its more next advisor.

But today, when the viñamarino (131º of the world) premiere itself in the challenger of Lugano (Swiss, 85 thousand euro, clay) before the French one Nicolas Devilder (100º), "Nano" will be found in Chile. "I help him since here, but he travels alone with physical coach", account the formador of the Olympic champion in Athens 2004.

Yesterday, the ITF ratified that Massú is one of the six guests in the picture of individual. The moment to have arrived a full-time coach? Manuel Massú, father and manager of the tennis player, responds that "momentarily will continue without a coach. Will go to the Games with Hans Gildemeister. Soon after Beijing he is going to make a decision on that theme".

Hans alone

Fernando González will also go to China without its DT, Larry Stefanki. Because of it, the role of Gildemeister will charge a lot of importance. "The Confederacy of Tennis appointed me so that try to help they in the Olympic Games", explains the captain of the Cup Davis, who will meet with the double one in Asia.

"They have their respective calendar of tournaments. In fact, Nico not yet their program knows completely. But the idea is that play at least a tournament in prior fast court to the JJ.OO.", explained Gildemeister.

In the case of González, the Masters Series of Toronto and Cincinnati will serve him of adaptation. "It is happy me that they have given the wild card to Nico. Is more than deserved. Is a pretty opportunity for him. I hope also we can repeat what we did in the double", aimed the 14º of the world yesterday, that will not practice in double with their companion, therefore its agendas do not coincide. Massú would be able to play the qualy of the American contest or to dispute the challenger of Belo Horizon (Brazil), on cement.

"I am going to be a support for the two during the tournament. We are going to meet us to coach some five or six days before, what will also serve to be been accustomed to the change of hour and the climate", added Gildemeister.

With apprehensions

The situation in which they will compete Massú and González is very different to which happened in Greece four years ago, when each one was accompanied by its coach, Patrician Rodriguez and Horacio de la Pena, respectively. It will influence in something?

According to Rodriguez, one must have certain apprehensions, especially with the case of the viñamarino. "Although in these moments is not playing the tournaments that really they correspond him for the level that has, he should be thinking about someone that he help him. This it is not like before, when could be played alone. All the players need a coach. More thinking about a challenge as important as is it to defend the medals".

"I already knew that is going to go Hans to the Games, but that is different to that Nico do a special preparation for the event with a coach. It seems me that the role of Gildemeister more will be seemed to what does as the captain of the Davis, surely will also see Fernando. It is not going to be like in 2004. That time we went to Toronto and Cincinnati and besides we did other 10 days of practices in Miami. That it would be the best preparation", adds the "Duck".

A similar opinion has the other coach that four years ago was in the conquest of the medals. "Do not I know which will be the expectations of Nicolas, but he has to be conscious that many eyes are going to be on him and should be prepared very well. This it is the opportunity so that be put the batteries and take up again a good level to get a shove", affirms the Argentine Of the Rock.

For the former one DT of González, "it does not matter a lot in what surface play. Massú now has very good tournaments in Europe to add points in clay. It is a great opportunity so that go winning matches and taking up again the confidence".

kidnicky
07-10-2008, 04:28 AM
there's nothing official so I will only believe it until I see it :rolls: besides in that article it says that Gildmeister will be coaching both, Nico and Fernando, during the olympics ... which for me is as good as if Nico would go there alone :rolleyes:

Sparko1030
07-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Very interesting news...Nico and Horacio-that would be something if they made it a permanent arragement :eek: :lol: Just happy he will have some coaching again-and Horacio knows him and I think understands him so that is a plus :yeah:

NicoFan
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I thought for sure that Nico would make some type of announcement that he's found a coach when he returned to Chile....but nada. :shrug: Maybe he does have a new coach, but then why the secrecy???? It's not something to keep secret. And why no update? He must know people are wondering about it. I follow other players and they don't keep this kind of information under wraps. I don't understand...as usual. Very disappointed that there's no news. :sad: First he was supposed to find a coach by RG, then after Beijing, and now we are in mid-September and again nada. :sad:

NicoFan
09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, that's the question...why no coach? It's been months... :shrug: What's he waiting for???

NicoFan
11-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm singing, I'm dancing... :banana:

In the article that FFGC posted from lun.com, Nico said he'll be looking for a coach over the off season.

:woohoo:

But he did say that it would be hard to find someone good who isn't already coaching.

So good luck to Nico in finding the right coach... :hug: :kiss:

And note to Nico - think hardcourts - think American/European - think outside the box. ;) :rolls:

NicoFan
11-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Of course, when January comes, I'll be crying because he'll have another Argentine coach who only knows clay. :shrug:

kidnicky
11-11-2008, 03:31 AM
you need therapy because of this subject you know that right NicoFan? :lol: :hug:

Sparko1030
11-11-2008, 04:34 AM
you need therapy because of this subject you know that right NicoFan? :lol: :hug:

:rolls: Nicofan is just a cockeyed optimist Kid. :yeah: If Nico reads this, I hope he takes her advice. But at this point almost any coach will be better than none so good luck to Nico in his search :rocker2)

NicoFan
11-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Yes, I do know that. :o :lol:

Nico admits that he's un poco loco, and he's made me una poca loca. :eek: :lol:

kidnicky
11-13-2008, 04:34 AM
I think that we all need group therapy, like a support group don't you think? :rolls:

NicoFan
11-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Just a very humble suggestion.

Since Nico is searching for a coach, and now Fernando is now searching for a coach, why don't the chicos hire the same coach??? :yeah:

I really really really miss the days when the boys used to play in the same tournaments and practice together all the time. Those were my favorite days. I loved watching them practicing together...so cute... :yeah:

Again, just my humble suggestion. :angel: :lol:

kidnicky
11-23-2008, 02:55 AM
it'd be a great idea but I doubt it will happen :o ... why is Fernando getting another coach? :p

NicoFan
11-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Stefanki was awful. He told Fernando that he was going to leave him to work for the USTA (US Tennis Association)....and now it comes out that he's really going to be coaching Andy Pandy. I like Andy but kind of mean of Stefanki not to tell Fernando the truth. :sad:

No, I decided, the chicos should get the same coach. :rolls:

(I don't understand why they don't take my advice. :angel: :rolls:)

kidnicky
11-23-2008, 03:10 AM
He really did that?!?! :eek: that's awful, very unprofesional from him, anyway maybe it's for the best and he could find now a better coach ;)

I don't understand either why they don't take your advice :lol:

NicoFan
11-23-2008, 03:12 AM
They NEVER take my advice. Both of them never do what I want either.

I don't understand. :shrug:

:rolls: :rolls:

kidnicky
11-23-2008, 03:16 AM
they're stubborn boys NicoFan :rolls:

NicoFan
11-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Yes, indeed. That's quite the understatement. :lol: They are extremely stubborn chicos. :lol:

Sparko1030
11-23-2008, 03:25 AM
:ras: to Stefanki then :mad: Nothing against Andy, but it looks like Stafanki took Fernando on when he had nothing better, and now that Andy wants him he forgets Fena :( Very unproffesional to lie to Fernando too. Underhanded if you ask me. :ras:

And yes, if only the chicos would listen to you Nicofan-but guys don't like to take advice :shrug: :lol: