Buying racquets on Ebay [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Buying racquets on Ebay

lovetheunderdog
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I was looking through eBay for a new racquet and found a great deal that would save me over 50 dollars on the racquet. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with purchasing or selling racquets on eBay and how trustworthy the sellers can be? Thanks :)

lovetheunderdog
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I was looking through eBay for a new racquet and found a great deal that would save me over 50 dollars on the racquet. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with purchasing or selling racquets on eBay and how trustworthy the sellers can be? Thanks

Burrow
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
raquetguy is the man. I buy from him all the time, thats where i get my prestige classics, only $80 for a racket that should cost about $240 over where I am. Also bought an nCode tour 90 off some guy one time and that was also a very good racket, but doesnt suit my style so I go for the prestige classics now.

Louche
07-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Racketguy has great feedback - almost perfect.

Feedback score: 14106|Positive feedback: 99.8%

Edited - don't know if it's OK to link to eBay.

Seller's store is Racketguy

trixtah
07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
He is selling demos or what?

edit: ehh...I don't see any spectacular prices. Even Racket doctor in socal sells cheaper than that. Maybe I could make a business selling sponsored head racs :)

Burrow
07-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Ahh thought it was raquet guy.

Great communication from him, nice guy and the product arrived packaged excellently.

The prices are 3 times cheaper for the rackets i buy. Which is unbelievable. I used to get the the prestige classic 93, but now i get the 102 to improve volleying so only 80 dollars for a racket, which compared to local prices is brilliant.

lovetheunderdog
07-23-2007, 06:36 PM
i'm looking at racketguy he doesn't seem to have the babolat pure drive plus i'm looking for. i did look around and found a seller ouinonoui who has nearly as good prices and an equally impressive feedback.

Burrow
07-23-2007, 06:40 PM
i'm looking at racketguy he doesn't seem to have the babolat pure drive plus i'm looking for. i did look around and found a seller ouinonoui who has nearly as good prices and an equally impressive feedback.

yes, think he only sells babolat strings, bought some hurricane strings off him one time. Wasnt that fond of them, prefer big banger.

Forehander
07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
I was looking through eBay for a new racquet and found a great deal that would save me over 50 dollars on the racquet. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with purchasing or selling racquets on eBay and how trustworthy the sellers can be? Thanks :)

Ask where the racquets are from first. If they are from China i wouldn't very likely take the chance. 2 years ago i purchased the Babolat Aerodrive (Nadal) for friend's birthday and i was very satisfied with the price obviously. The racquet was brand new and the seller wasn't new to selling racqets over the internet. So he purchased stock from China and ordered a whole bunch without knowing that they were phony (because they look identical!). So ok received it and gave it to my friend. The next day he used the racquet for training to try it out. He was already finding the racquet extremely weird and crappy, noticed this could no way be a racquet for professional use. So i tried it out and i was like WHAT THE ****!? So next thing I do is give it to a senior who is a huge server serves around 200km's all the time. After 10 serves... SNAP!!! There goes the Nadal Racquet lol =P So i immediately emailed the seller again and he was extremely surprised as well. So in the end he found out that they were all indeed PIRATED RACQUETS he gives me a full refund. A reminder that it is virtually impossibly to identify if it's real or not, because they are made to look IDENTICAL. So becareful, make sure the seller didn't purchase the stock from China. Hope this helps :)

baghdatis
07-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I have bought one racquet before on ebay and it was worth it :yeah:

But I have one tip, don't go for babolats coz usually it's an asian selling the asians version!

lovetheunderdog
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
haha i wanted to buy a babolat, but i found a seller who has a very reliable feedback, hopefully he will be good.

baghdatis
07-24-2007, 01:09 PM
did you buy it? If you didn't give me a link so I can help you out!

adee-gee
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Don't buy it, there is a ton of fakes going about and it's not worth the risk.

Even if they have good feedback, there's a chance the racquets are still fake and people haven't realised.

Burrow
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
racketguy doesnt sell fakes, been buying off him for a while now and the prestige classics are perfect.

tennisplayer89
07-26-2007, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't buy a racquet from ebay unless it was new and in factory packaging. You never know what has been done to the racquet if it is used.