Lead Tape [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lead Tape

bearingbreaker92
07-23-2007, 12:27 AM
I am using a Babolat Pure Drive Plus, and it is not heavy enough.

So suppose i just put another half of an ounce on the handle of the raquet, underneath the grip. Would that affect the way the raquet handles too much?

tennisplayer89
07-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Do not put lead tape there. Lead tape is supposed to go on the head. Plus, it would ruin your racquets balance by putting it under the grip. Look at this
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html

bearingbreaker92
07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Hmm, after looking through a bunch of websites they seem to be 50/50 on whether to put tape on the grip or not.

Does anybody put tape on their grip? I just really need to beef up a racquet without changing the balance too much.

tennisplayer89
07-24-2007, 12:33 AM
If you use tape, you will be messing with the racquet's balance. It depends what you are looking for where you want to put the tape. If you want the racquet to torque less in your hands win you slightly mishit the ball, then add it 9 and 3 o clock. There are a few places to put the tape, so think about what you want to achieve with the tape. Once you know what you want to do with it, then apply it to the proper regions.

bearingbreaker92
07-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Well I want to significantly increase the weight without sacrificing maneuverability.

GlennMirnyi
07-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Well I want to significantly increase the weight without sacrificing maneuverability.

Add weight to the handle, but not with lead tapes. Use another kind of weight inside the handle.

Burrow
07-24-2007, 10:55 PM
i know people who put cotton wool into the handle not only to make it feel better by adding a more solid effect but adding a little weight.