Rafa heads to destroy the Montreal Horcrux in next step in dethroning Lord Federmort [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa heads to destroy the Montreal Horcrux in next step in dethroning Lord Federmort

Johnny Groove
07-22-2007, 05:48 AM
:p :) :p :)

MariaV
07-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Uhhhhh Jonathan, what a title! :eek: :lol:
Let's see how it'll work. :)

Tnn74
07-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes Jonathan, what a title :lol: :hug:
V A M O S Rafzilla!!! :bounce:

jcluvva
07-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes love the title!

Xristos
07-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Fucken A man!

Blaze my boy you need to update your sig.

stebs
07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I know this forum is meant for Nadal fans only but just had to congratulate you on the title. :worship: :p

The_Nadal_effect
07-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Nice to see Blaze continue his trend of epic titles on Rafa forums! :yeah:

"Broom or no broom, I remove some arrogance from Federmort, no?"
--Hoggy Potter

If Fed folds, we call him 'Lord Foldemort' for a change :)
Just a seasonal thing.

the_natural
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Ur such a tool blaze :p ur puns are just Lameeeee lol, I totally agree with what your title means though.

When is montreal?? from when to when? And then how long does he get till cincy.

Tnn74
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Ur such a tool blaze :p ur puns are just Lameeeee lol, I totally agree with what your title means though.

When is montreal?? from when to when? And then how long does he get till cincy.

Montreal starts on 8/5/07, then Cincy the week after, on 8/13/07 :)

rest your knee Rafa, PLEASE :angel:

Johnny Groove
07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Nice to see Blaze continue his trend of epic titles on Rafa forums! :yeah:

Yeah, it starting at the beginning of this year, when i likened him to a rock band, as the "Vamos tour", but after that, i started to get more creative.

"Rafa brings sexy back to Indian Wells"
"Rafa heats up Miami :aplot:"
"When in Rome, do as you've done the past 2 years"
"Rafa whores himself for points in Hamburg :angel:"
"Rafa to butt-bounce back in Paris for RG hat trick"
"Rafa is the King of Queens"
"Rafa to take Wimbledon like a rain-delaying storm" (That was my fave, especially considering how Wimbledon turned out, weather wise :lol:)
"Bouncing back from Wimbledon, staying sharp and whoring for points in Stuttgart" :lol:

Agassi Fan
07-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Vamos Rafa!

The_Nadal_effect
07-24-2007, 05:52 PM
"Rafa to take Wimbledon like a rain-delaying storm" (That was my fave, especially considering how Wimbledon turned out, weather wise :lol:)

the Wimbly one was my favourite too. your prediction was rather accurate. :yeah:

The_Nadal_effect
08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Any news on Rafzilla's paws, guys? Have the joints healed? :)

Xristos
08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Is Rafa in Canada yet?

steffis
08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Is Rafa in Canada yet?

I read on his homepage that he will fly to Canada tomorrow (thursday).

Xristos
08-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Ohh ok thank you.

spriwi
08-03-2007, 09:22 PM
the draw for montreal is out
nice draw for rafa, he should make the SF against nole/roddick/berdych provided he wins his 1st match
all the hard court rafa killers are far away in the draw and their encounter is not very possible (i mean youzhny, berdych, blake & hewitt)

Tnn74
08-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I hate this draw... I hate Soderling :mad:
and why Marat in the 2nd round...? :awww:

if Soderling beats Marat I hope Rafa kicks his ass REAL hard! :rocker2:

Xristos
08-04-2007, 03:29 AM
VAMOOS!

Any pics yet?

linus
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
I dont think the draw is that easy :aplot:

Vamos :rocker:

The_Nadal_effect
08-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I dont think the draw is easy either. He still has Djokovic and Berdych to deal with. But Rafa will pass them, for sure.

Xristos
08-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Vamooooooooos.

Castafiore
08-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Rafa will play doubles with Lleyton Hewitt in Montréal!
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/421/mdd.pdf

Their first match together is against a Canadian team so there should be plenty of people watching that. I sure wish I was one of them...Lleyton and Rafa as a team, that's something I didn't expect.

~EMiLiTA~
08-05-2007, 02:24 AM
i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that doubles draw...what a team!! wish i could see them!

Xristos
08-05-2007, 05:46 AM
Wow!

Thats pretty cool I guess.

steffis
08-05-2007, 09:22 AM
What the hell is going on there?! Roger Federer also plays doubles! It really looks like the top stars need more matches on hart court. Rafa plays with Hewitt?! That`s pretty cool :cool:

yana
08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
After I saw the draw, I can say that this is Roger's Cup indeeed.

Johnny Groove
08-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Everyone be sure to vote for me in the Mr. MTF contest :D :wavey: :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107410

Xristos
08-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Nice little plug there dude.

Btw I voted for you and I expect you to return the favor.

Tnn74
08-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Rafa/Lleyton, I absolutely love it :lol: :banana:

Vamos Rafa, go and get that title!!!
I don't want it to be Roger's Masters :ras:

MariaV
08-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Everyone be sure to vote for me in the Mr. MTF contest :D :wavey: :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107410

Done that Jonathan! :lol: :wavey: :D
VAMOS! :lol: :bigclap: :yippee:

Xristos
08-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Eyy Vamoos for me too Maria :(

MariaV
08-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Eyy Vamoos for me too Maria :(

Of course X, don't worry! ;) :wavey:

Castafiore
08-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Figures that you would come in here to ask for votes, Jonathan! ;)
Voted! Not that you seem to need it but I have to admit that you've got a great look!
Tough choice, though. Grinder is a great looking guy as well!

Off topic: has anybody seen Ania (Mallorn) around? Is she on holidays? Too busy at work to come to MTF? Not that she needs to give a reason to stay away of course but...I miss her :awww:

MariaV
08-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Voted! Not that you seem to need it but I have to admit that you've got a great look!

Off topic: has anybody seen Ania (Mallorn) around? Is she on holidays? Too busy at work to come to MTF? Not that she needs to give a reason to stay away of course but...I miss her :awww:

I miss Ania too. :awww: I guess she's on holidays somewhere yes.
I was myself on holidays in July after Wimbledon, needed that badly. :lol: So haven't talked to her on msn either.

P.S. About Jonathan - there's a week of voting ahead so nothing's decided yet. ;)

Castafiore
08-06-2007, 09:09 AM
P.S. About Jonathan - there's a week of voting ahead so nothing's decided yet. ;)
:wavey: Maria!

True! The North-American part of the competition has some interesting looking men!

Now, I'm curious if Adam is going to honor us with a visit as well.

MariaV
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Now, I'm curious if Adam is going to honor us with a visit as well.

:D You can bet on that! :lol:

Castafiore
08-06-2007, 09:34 AM
He'd better! :p

Maria, I notice (thanks to your explanation to Martine in the non-tennis thread on how to see who voted) that we voted for the same guys.

MariaV
08-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, Jonathan was a must, no? :lol:
And I've been a secret fan of Randy for a long time. ;) :o

Xristos
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Lets not forget about me people...

MariaV
08-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Don't worry Chris, we won't! :kiss: I'm sure you'll be the hottest one in the MISC poll. :D

Xristos
08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Awww thanks darling :)

Johnny Groove
08-06-2007, 05:59 PM

I miss her too :awww:

the_natural
08-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Damn i dont think rafa can win this one, and he may not even make the finals. Hes got a potential match up with Roddick in the semis and roddick is playing possibly the best tennis of his career (plus these courts are super fast, good for the big servers in a big way), soderling will be lookin to just swing freely and he can serve huge cos he is tall and hits really flat (can he really beat soderling in 3 sets??) And if safin beats soderling itll mean hes playing great tennis, safin is a guy who could easily crush rafa if he were playing to his potential cos rafas shots bounce perfectly to his hitting zone and safin is a clean hitter off both wings plus he has a more deadly return of serve than anyone and he swings freely too. oh and hes got the best serve in the mens game when hes on song.

Then we have Paul Henri, if that guy doesnt get knocked out before he gets to rafa i fear hes gonna beat him (I wouldnt be suprised if its him and federer in the final federer winning in 3). Mathieu is like soderling, hes a prick he hates rafa and is incredibly arrogant towards him (its the jealousy factor cos rafa did more than any of them at a younger age whereas they feel they can overpower him and are better players yet cant make the results).

The conditions are ridiculously fast this year, sets up for a lott of upsets (I secretly am hoping that ivo has a good serving day cos he can actually beat roger here, its his best chance cos these courts are super fast and hes had alot of practice from his previous tourney, roger hasnt played since Wimbledon, its all down to whether he can believe he can win cos its gonna be in 2 tiebreakers cos he wont be able to touch federers serve). I dunno for sure but i think the courts are faster than indian wells and miami guys :(

Xristos
08-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey guys I need votes.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107455

Thank you...

MariaV
08-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Voted! :D
P.S. Castafiore, we voted for the same guys again, our very own Chris and Alvarillo. :lol:

Rafa and Lleyton will play doubles today vs Philip Bester/Pierre-Ludovic Duclos (CAN) 4th on Central. No singles today yet.

Castafiore
08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
P.S. Castafiore, we voted for the same guys again, our very own Chris and Alvarillo. :lol:
I like Alvarillo's tournament threads + he seems to be a nice guy.
Xristos...goes without saying really ;)

Rafa and Lleyton will play doubles today vs Philip Bester/Pierre-Ludovic Duclos (CAN)
Rafa and Lleyton...I can't tell you how excited I am that two of my favorite tennis men are going to on the same side of the net working as a team. :bounce:
Thing is...I won't be able to see it. :ras:

Apparently, Rafa yesterday said jokingly that he hasn't spoken to Lleyton yet because "he doesn't understand his accent" :lol: so the communication between those two should be fun.

By the way, I noticed some people wishing you a happy birthday so :hug: :aparty: Happy belated birthday!

MariaV
08-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Hehe, thanks Castafiore! :hug:

Wow, that thing with the accent is funny... :lol: I like the Australian accent :)
I hope they'll get some good practice vs those Canadian wild card guys.

vamosnadal
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
They practised together for two hours on Saturday, so I'm sure Rafa was joking and they have spoken quite a bit! I bet he does struggle with the accent though and it might be a bit of a joke between them both!

I cannot even begin to explain just how excited I am to see these two play doubles together and I am praying that Sky Sports show the match as it is scheduled for centre court. I have always wanted to see Rafa & Lleyton play together as they are both such phenomenal movers and both get so pumped up! They seem to really like each other, so would be great to see them chat and laugh together on the court!

AS someone said on the general thread...C'MOS!!!!

Xristos
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I hope there is a live stream for this.

vamosnadal
08-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Damn i dont think rafa can win this one, and he may not even make the finals. Hes got a potential match up with Roddick in the semis and roddick is playing possibly the best tennis of his career (plus these courts are super fast, good for the big servers in a big way), soderling will be lookin to just swing freely and he can serve huge cos he is tall and hits really flat (can he really beat soderling in 3 sets??) And if safin beats soderling itll mean hes playing great tennis, safin is a guy who could easily crush rafa if he were playing to his potential cos rafas shots bounce perfectly to his hitting zone and safin is a clean hitter off both wings plus he has a more deadly return of serve than anyone and he swings freely too. oh and hes got the best serve in the mens game when hes on song.

Then we have Paul Henri, if that guy doesnt get knocked out before he gets to rafa i fear hes gonna beat him (I wouldnt be suprised if its him and federer in the final federer winning in 3). Mathieu is like soderling, hes a prick he hates rafa and is incredibly arrogant towards him (its the jealousy factor cos rafa did more than any of them at a younger age whereas they feel they can overpower him and are better players yet cant make the results).

The conditions are ridiculously fast this year, sets up for a lott of upsets (I secretly am hoping that ivo has a good serving day cos he can actually beat roger here, its his best chance cos these courts are super fast and hes had alot of practice from his previous tourney, roger hasnt played since Wimbledon, its all down to whether he can believe he can win cos its gonna be in 2 tiebreakers cos he wont be able to touch federers serve). I dunno for sure but i think the courts are faster than indian wells and miami guys :(

I would guess that the conditions are actually pretty similar to Miami. They are certainly much much slower than Washington, which was like an ice rink! The balls also fly around here apparently and so Rafa can be very successful with his topspin.

I think Marat will be inspired by the chance to play a big match against Rafa and so will beat Soderling. If not, Soderling will be tough, but don't forget that Rafa was beating the Sod quite easily before he suddenly lost his rhythm. The courts are faster here which will help the sod, but it will also make it easier for Rafa to dominate with his forehand if he gets the first hit in. Another key factor is that it is a lot easier to return serve on a hardcourt, which will help Rafa out enormously! Rafa will also be incredibly pumped up - he won't want to lose to the Sod and has often been more focused and more determined when facing his nemeses this year.

If it's Safin then I'm really not too concerned either. Safin doesn't have the consistency or confidence at the moment to stay with someone as intense as Rafa, unless he comes out totally in the zone. Safin's power will make things close and his strong backhand will soak up and lefty advantage - but Safin absolutely hates playing players who are strong defensively and get a lot of balls back. For example, he hates playing Ollie Rochus! I think Rafa will be able to quite easily wear Safin down.

I think A-Rod's win in Washington flatters him a bit. Firstly the courts were lightning quick, secondly the draw was pretty weak and thirdly he was also playing from quite far back which is a dangerous tactic for him. I think Rafa is a terrible match up for Andy and that Rafa will usually beat him quite easily. This is because he relies upon crosscourt play which plays into Rafa's hands, his forehand is powerful but sits up which allows Rafa to strike good passing shots and often he leaves himself vulnerable at the net to a good mover as he doesn't do enough with the first volley. The main reason though is his backhand is just way too weak to deal with Rafa's topsin. Indian Wells showed that Rafa could deal with Roddick's serve surprisingly easily and it also showed that Roddick maybe doesn't feel that confident playing against him. I might be wrong, but I think Rafa would deal with him quite easily. (Sorry Roddick - I actually really like A-Rod, but genuinely think Rafa is a nightmare opponent for him!)

There are other players who concern me though and Mathieu could be a handful...but he always has the ability to choke if a match gets close. Djokovic is my main concern, but I think if Rafa gets to the quarters, he will then go all the way.

vamosnadal
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry - I take back my first comment, apparently you're right it is quicker here than Miami. That surprises me after watching yesterday! Still think he'd beat the sod/safin and Roddick though.

MariaV
08-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Rafa vs Marat are playing the night match on Central not before 19.30 local time.

steffis
08-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Rafa and Lleyton won their doubles match 6:4/6:4 :D :wavey: C`mos guys, go for the title!!!

The_Nadal_effect
08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Why does Nadal have to be the one to play night matches on tour?

Maybe because he's exciting. :D

Xristos
08-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Rafa vs Marat are playing the night match on Central not before 19.30 local time.
Maria, who will you go for? Marat?

linus
08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Marat :aplot: Rafa :aplot:

Davai + Vamos :smoke:

The_Nadal_effect
08-09-2007, 05:31 AM
Rafa bagelled Marat. :eek:

Who was the last player he bagelled?

PHM next. Easy straight sets for Rafa. :lol:
-
-
-
-
-

I know. Never in doubt.

steffis
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Did someone watch the match? I couldn`t see it in Germany. How did Rafa play?

Congrats Rafa!!! 7:6 / 6:0 against Safin on hard court. That`s impressive!!!!!!! Go for the title Rafa!!!!!!!!!!

MariaV
08-09-2007, 11:07 AM
No Rafa's presser up of course! :rolleyes:
From the ATP site.
Nadal: "Right now I have seven match in a row without losing here, so good, no (smiling)? 2005, I play very well, very good tournament all matches. Today is difficult play very good because Marat is touching the ball with unbelievable power every time, no? But I am there, I fight. In the end I can win, no?

"Yes, I know I have to improve something for tomorrow. I have to improve the serve. I have to improve play little bit more aggressive with the forehand. And that's it, no? I know that's important for try to win tomorrow. I'm going to work on that tomorrow morning."

Good boy working on his serve and FH. :yeah: :hatoff:

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/news/news1.asp

PHM and the qf vs Verdasco or Dancevic should be routine. *OK OK I'm not jinxing or anything*

MariaV
08-09-2007, 01:52 PM
WOW, finally the presser is up. :D

August 8, 2007

Rafael Nadal

MONTREAL, QUEBEC

THE MODERATOR: First question for Rafa, please.

Q. How was it to play Marat for the first time?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, was tough, no? I start playing very well in the beginning and, yeah, I have some mistakes, and he start to play more aggressive. So, yes, is special feeling, no?
Marat is, well, very aggressive play. He can do always everything. And, well, you are all the match with tension, no, because if he's playing good, is impossible, no?

Q. What were you thinking when it was hard for you to break in the first set? Did you think you might lose the match? :cuckoo: :retard:
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I wasn't thinking lose the match, no. I just think about the moment and every point, no? If I lose the first set, the match will be complicate, no?
But, well, the match is long and I fight for sure for every point, no? But, well, he has two set points, so was very close first set. :yeah: :hatoff:

Q. Did you have a particular strategy? Marat seemed to think you were waiting for him to make mistakes rather than going for shots.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I worried about me today, no? First round is difficult have special tactic. I just think about me, think about try to play as good as possible because, yes, you never know what's going on.
Is the first round. Is the first match on hard after long time without playing on grass and on clay. Is difficult play well, no? Just try to play good, no?

Q. How comfortable are you playing in Montréal?
RAFAEL NADAL: Right now I have seven match in a row without losing here, so good, no (smiling)?
2005, I play very well, very good tournament - all matches. Today is difficult play very good because Marat is touching the ball with unbelievable power every time, no? But I am there, I fight. In the end I can win, no?
Yes, I know I have to improve something for tomorrow. I have to improve the serve. I have to improve play little bit more aggressive with the forehand. And that's it, no? I know that's important for try to win tomorrow. I'm going to work on that tomorrow morning.

Q. How many players have you played who hit the ball as hard as Marat does?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, today a lot of players hit the ball very hard, no? But like Marat, not much.

Q. What are you thinking when Marat throws his racquet? Another :cuckoo: but funny
RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing.

Q. Happy?
RAFAEL NADAL: Happy, me?

Q. He's getting frustrated.
RAFAEL NADAL: No feelings, no.

Q. Doesn't bother you?
RAFAEL NADAL: No.

Q. Are you comfortable with the surface, because you seem to slide a little bit?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, is normal hard surface. Is fast, is one of the fastest courts in the tour. But I prefer little bit faster. Is fine.

Q. Did you try playing more on his forehand or his backhand?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I try to play?

Q. Did you try more to his forehand or his backhand?
RAFAEL NADAL: Against Safin?

Q. Yes.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I change. All depends of the point because Marat -- I explain. If I can, I change to the forehand. Was good, because is important shot for me, no? But if not, I just try to play as long as possible to the backhand.
If I play short, I know Marat, he kill me, no? He has all shots: the cross, down the line.

Q. We asked you about Safin throwing his racquet. When was the last time you threw your racquet?
RAFAEL NADAL: Never, no? I never put the racquet. Well, today I put the racquet one time there like this, but not for angry. I wasn't angry, no? I it was just very nice point. I never put the racquet on the floor, no. :angel: :angel:

Q. Do you think you can make it to No. 1? Geez, what is it with :cuckoo: questions tonight?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I going to be the No. 1? You never know, no? You never know, especially if Federer is the No. 1. If Federer is continuing play like this, going to be not soon.
Well, this year I am No. 1 in the race. I have some different points. I gonna be the No. 1 for one more week because I have (speaking in Spanish.)
THE INTERPRETER: He's got enough points to continue to be the race leader at least one more week, but he doesn't have enough points to continue to be the leader. He knows that Roger is the favorite till the end of the year because this is his favorite surface.
RAFAEL NADAL: So I am with calm. I just try to play my best, continue improving my game, no? I am young. Try to work every day for if I have the chance any day.
THE INTERPRETER: To take the opportunity, to take the chance.

End of FastScripts

Very well answered Rafael! :hatoff: :yeah:

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=44741

Castafiore
08-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Lots of ,no?, no?

Q. What are you thinking when Marat throws his racquet? Another but funny
RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing.

Q. Happy?:cuckoo:
RAFAEL NADAL: Happy, me?

Q. He's getting frustrated.
RAFAEL NADAL: No feelings, no
Happy? Well, I know what the reporter means. It's a good sign of growing frustration if the racquet of the opponent is send flying but it's rather daft to ask if it makes the other player happy. :cuckoo: indeed.

Q. Happy?
A: Ecstatic

Thanks for the smilied transcript, Maria! :)
(I hope this match was not too tough on you to watch)!

linus
08-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Rafa :smash: next time dont begel Marat please tho I know thats mainly his own fault but... keep yourself in cool :aplot:

next Paulo :awww: I should close my eyes :angel:

Vamos :p

linus
08-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks Masha again :smooch:

MariaV
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the smilied transcript, Maria! :)
(I hope this match was not too tough on you to watch)!

You're welcome dear! :hug:
Well, years of 'practice' help me to survive such matches and in this case I wasn't nervous or anything, rather sleepy actually. :lol:
I would've been happy with either of them winning, seeing Marat to take both Fed and Rafa to TBs and then... gives hope on one hand and on the other hand is so painful of course. Enough of Marat, just wanted to tell you that despite his bad behaviour and all he certainly cares and loves tennis ... *OK I'm starting to cry now*
That bagel wasn't very nice from Rafa, he tried to give Marat that one game in the end but Marat just couldn't accept the present. :lol:

Now on to another headcase PHM and then the doubles vs Erlich/Ram later at night for Rafa. :banana:

steffis
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Rafa lost the first set against Mathieu, but he`s won the second set and is now a break ahead in the third :) VAMOS RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!

mallorn
08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Props to PHM for playing very well for most of the match and taking Rafa out of his comfort zone, but on the other hand ... oh.my.god I can't really remember seeing a more erratic Rafa. 29 UEs in the first two sets, that's just terrible and so uncharacteristic, so many shots into the net or a mile out. He got a bit lucky and played a bit better towards the end, but still ... :help: I hope it was just one of those days.

Castafiore, Maria and Jonathan - thanks darlings, I missed you too! :awww: :hug: :hug: :hug: I've been dreadfully busy and decided to stay away from MTF for a while as it's so time-consuming. :p

Maria - I don't know how you're still sane, with the way Marat has been playing for ... well ... two years. :eek: I stayed up until almost 4 am last night to watch the match and while on a very selfish :o level I was greatful it didn't last longer (did I say it was almost 4am? ;) ), it was still devastating to watch Marat implode like that. :hug:

Jonathan & Xristos :haha: I'm going to see if I can still vote for your guys. :lol: :kiss:

Oh, and Jonathan, I love the title! :lol:

EDIT:

Voted! Great pictures, guys, and agreed on the eyelashes. ;) I also voted for Adee and Sjengster cause I adore them too.

MariaV
08-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Aniaaaaaaaaaa! :kiss: You know we sometimes do irrational things and cannot quit bad habits. That's regarding me & Marat. ;) :o :shrug:
Jeezus was PHM's fh on fire! His fh cc to Raf's bh, insane fh dtl and inside out, you name it! :eek: That's why I fell in love with him in 2002 and proclaimed him as the young Marat and well... both their heads are as screwed (or however to say it in English). :lol:
And you're right about Rafa's UEs. :eek: :eek: It seemed like he didn't see the ball very well or smth? There was no sun and it wasn't like too dark, no? :shrug: But he seemed to squint his eyes in the 1st set...

Here the presser, enjoy! :wavey:

Le 9 août 2007 - August 9, 2007

R. NADAL/P. Mathieu

3‑6, 6‑3, 6‑2

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Take a little longer than you should it should?
RAFAEL NADAL: The match?

Q. Yes.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, was tough match. Mathieu is a great player. I know he's coming with good confidence after his comeback against Cañas, beating maybe not easy yesterday against Mario.
So, but today is I wasn't play very well. I play especially in the last games of the first set and the beginning of the second, I play terrible with my forehand, no? Later, I have one nice point with one passing shot after I won the point there. After that, I changed little bit. I started feeling a little bit better the ball ‑ not especially good, but better (smiling).
Well, I can have the break. That's help me win the second set. Was very important. In the third, I have breakout in the first game. The second game was important moment, too. Disappointing for me lose this second game. In the end, I can break him another time. That was the match, no?
So, just I have to improve for tomorrow, it's true. But I finish the match with better feelings than when I start, so that's always important.

Q. Did you feel early in the second set, he had six break points in your first three service games, do you feel like that really turned the match in your favor?
RAFAEL NADAL: Truly was important moment, very important moment. He had some mistakes with the forehand. I have some good serves there, too, one good forehand there.
So, yeah, was very important moment because if he break me in beginning of the second, well, you never know. The match is long. You going to continue in fight. But the confidence for him gonna be very, very important. If he break me, the match was not impossible, but be very tough.

Q. Was it good for you to have a three‑set match to get used to playing on hard courts, to get into the hard court season?
RAFAEL NADAL: Is good, no, have more hours on court, is good for get the rhythm, more rhythm for tomorrow.
The important thing is win because if you win, you have more chances for play good next day, no?
So I know I am not playing my best, but I know I can change tomorrow, for example, no? If I win, I have the practice of tomorrow morning and the match of tomorrow for play better. I think I gonna do.

Q. Are these courts very fast?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the ball is not getting too much topspin here. The bounce is low. Well, yeah, it's one of the fastest of the tour. In hard courts, it's one of the fastest of the tour.
Anyway, I like. I like fast. I prefer a little bit faster than very slow. And, well, I prefer the ball, the bounce, a little bit more higher. I prefer the ball getting more topspin. The ball here is tough.

Q. How does it compare to the courts at the US Open?
RAFAEL NADAL: Not much different, no? I think the difference is the ball. US Open, you play with Wilson. There, the ball is not getting too much topspin, too. Yeah, you have to adapt to the ball, no?
In the tour, maybe is important change that, no? Is not very good have one tournament with one ball, and the next one with another ball because that's tough for the muscles, for the shoulder, and for the feeling, too, for the tennis, no?
But, well, for me, especially the difference is the ball.

Q. Do you find there's a big difference in the two balls?
RAFAEL NADAL: Always is a difference. Well, you know, I don't know if "big difference," but if you play with another one, someone ones is small, heavier. (Speaking in Spanish).
THE INTERPRETER: Faster. I prefer the ones that take the topspin, they're more alive.
RAFAEL NADAL: Depends of the weather, too. If humid, is cold. That's very important, too, no?

Q. What part of your games are you happy in the way you played today and what parts of your game do you feel you need to improve to get a win?
RAFAEL NADAL: I serve a little bit better today than yesterday. I have to continuing well. But I serve a little bit better. The backhand is working, is what my level is doing well. The forehand, I have to improve the forehand a lot for tomorrow.
I have little bit better feeling in the finish, the end of the match, because I can move a little bit more the ball, with more directions. So it's important for the confidence for tomorrow.
But, anyway, that's the point to improve. For the rest, a little bit the movement because before here I have one week off, and after I start to practice but slow, I had problem in the knee. I start to practice slow just with my uncle. So it was slow, because my uncle is not very good player (smiling). But, no, that's it. I need a little bit more days.
But win a match like this help me a lot, for sure.

Q. You were talking about your knee. Is it a hundred percent?
RAFAEL NADAL: Right now, it's hundred percent, but you never know.

Q. You are happy also with the way you served? You had a lot of breakpoints, but you defended them. Are you happy you can get more easy points?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am not totally happy about my serve today. I know a lot of days I serve better than today.
But if you compare yesterday and today, I improve. Always you have to look the positive way. The positive way is I serve better today than yesterday, and I start playing, touching very bad the ball with the forehand, I finished touching better the ball with the forehand.
That's important always, no, because if you start very well and you go down, is terrible.

Q. You must know Verdasco very well.
RAFAEL NADAL: Verdasco is doing well. The last month is playing so much better than the beginning of the season. So he's very tough player. Is one of the most dangerous players on the tour. Serving well, returning very well, unbelievable forehand. Going to be tough ‑ very tough match.

Q. Do you know Dancevic at all in case he comes through?
RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't saw him too much play. But I know he has a very good serve, good volley, too. He's aggressive player, very aggressive player. So dangerous.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/fr/draws/interviews/nadal_09.asp

P.S. W/o in doubles - was to be expected after those hard singles matches for both Rafa and Lleyton.

Castafiore
08-10-2007, 07:57 AM
I've been dreadfully busy and decided to stay away from MTF for a while as it's so time-consuming
:bounce: Ania is back!

I also voted for Adee
I feel a tiny bit guilty for not voting for Adam (loved the bio and the pic with the daft hat!) but it's tough with only two votes and he doesn't need it anyway.

The backhand is working
His backhand usually is more consistent than his forehand.

MariaV
08-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh, and Ania dear, what makes you think I'm sane, or any of us residents in Marat's forum for that matter? :o :lol: ;) I should add this smilie :crazy:

linus
08-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Rafa, go on :banana:

Johnny Groove
08-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Castafiore, Maria and Jonathan - thanks darlings, I missed you too! :awww: :hug: :hug: :hug: I've been dreadfully busy and decided to stay away from MTF for a while as it's so time-consuming. :p

ANIA :kiss: :smooch: :drool: :awww: :hug: :inlove: :hug: :hearts:

Oh, and Jonathan, I love the title! :lol:

Thank you, dearest :smooch: Im still thinking about the Cincinnati title :devil:

Voted! Great pictures, guys, and agreed on the eyelashes. ;) I also voted for Adee and Sjengster cause I adore them too.

:smooch: :kiss: :aplot:

The_Nadal_effect
08-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Q. Are these courts very fast?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the ball is not getting too much topspin here. The bounce is low. Well, yeah, it's one of the fastest of the tour. In hard courts, it's one of the fastest of the tour.
Anyway, I like. I like fast. I prefer a little bit faster than very slow. And, well, I prefer the ball, the bounce, a little bit more higher. I prefer the ball getting more topspin. The ball here is tough.

Isn't Rafa contradicting himself here?

He says he prefers the balls coming fast.
Then, he says he prefers the ball getting more bounce.

I thought the faster the ball went, the lower the bounce.
what does he prefer? :confused:

the_natural
08-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Sorry - I take back my first comment, apparently you're right it is quicker here than Miami. That surprises me after watching yesterday! Still think he'd beat the sod/safin and Roddick though.

I like u, u respond to my blabbering with an even longer response :D

I fear Djoko, shoot, man rafa had 2 matches with loads of running, I dunno, i really dont, hes improved alot since miami true, but hes gonna have to run alot in that match, his topspin forehand is deadly on this court, high speed, light, and true bounce, so the balls move through the air faster and land faster so they jump off faster and he can really move his opponents around alot and with relative ease (but the problem is he cant hit through opponents so easily unless he outmuscles them but I dont think he can get it high enough to trouble federer if he constatnly hits to his backhand with high topspin and 3/4 depth). The problem? Returning and breaking, oh and maybe holding if hes not aggressive enough. In any case if he makes the final methinks federer would have a field day a-la the hamburg final

mallorn
08-11-2007, 08:41 AM
What an exciting match that was! Dancevic was red-hot and well done to Rafa for surviving the storm and then playing some really nice shots himself. :yeah: And how about that first serve percentage in the third? That's the second time I've seen him do it, too! :worship: 9 aces didn't hurt either. :D
Dancevic can't keep Nadal down

Falls 4-6, 6-2, 6-3; 'He played at an unbelievable level,' world no. 2 says

Bruce Arthur, National Post

Published: Saturday, August 11, 2007

MONTREAL - Really, nobody in the world could be excused for expecting Frank Dancevic's magical ride to end -- with a splat, if necessary. He had travelled deeper into the draw at the US$2.45-million Rogers Cup than any Canadian in 18 years, and facing one of the game's true titans, the muscle-bound menace known as Rafael Nadal, Dancevic would surely crash to earth.

Well, the 22-year-old did fall. But not before bloodying Nadal by taking the first set, and not before further burnishing his credentials as the brightest men's tennis star this country has seen in a long time. After Dancevic ended his 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 loss with a sailing forehand, the capacity crowd of over 11,000 cheered him, Anglo or no, with all their hearts, calling him out for a curtain call with a lengthy and rich ovation.

"He played at an unbelievable level," said Nadal, "with a lot of public with him."

For a set -- one of the finest sets a Canadian has surely played -- Dancevic seemed to be floating under the lights at Uniprix Stadium. Nadal, the No. 2 player in the world who has an ATP-best 59-8 record this year, was being pushed, hard.

And with Nadal serving at 4-5 in the second set, he was pushed over. Dancevic dropped a velvet-soft chip shot at the net for 15-15; drilled a Federer-esque backhand on Nadal's serve for 15-30; hit a simply eye-popping running backhand from 15 feet wide of the court that screamed low and true over the net post and in for a winner; and stabbed a volley that rolled over and died in Nadal's court.

"Well, he's having some shots that not exist," said Nadal, "so sure I'm worried."

However it happened, Dancevic had taken the first set, 6-4. Incredulity ran wild.

However, it would be the only break point Dancevic would convert, in 10 opportunities. And tennis, at these levels, is about converting opportunities. Nadal's self-belief is the product of a two-year run as the second-best player on Earth; Dancevic's comes from making a final in Indianapolis two weeks ago, and overcoming players ranked 75th, 182nd, and 35th to reach this point. Big difference.

"For me, this is all new," said Dancevic, who will not play again until he attempts to qualify for the U.S. Open. "I wasn't really expecting to get this far, to be honest."

"It's a big moment for Frank," said his coach, Martin Laurendeau. "He was taking it to [Nadal], not intimidated at all. It was great to see him handle the situation with such poise and such confidence."

Dancevic raised his ranking from No. 91 to about No. 70 in the world, and seems poised to rise higher. He beat then-No. 5 Andy Roddick after driving to Indianapolis and gave Nadal a scare last night. He won US$42,800 in Indianapolis, and another US$56,600 here, including doubles. Until three weeks ago, Dancevic had never won back-to-back ATP matches. Look at him now.

"It's a confirmation of what many of us have believed since he was a junior," Laurendeau said.

The 21-year-old Nadal, meanwhile, is still aiming for a collision with Federer, who mowed down former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt 6-3, 6-4. Federer will face unseeded Radek Stepanek, who registered a 6-4, 7-5 victory over No. 4 seed Nikolay Davydenko. Nadal will play No. 3 seed Novak Djokovic, who overcame the fifth-seeded Roddick 7-6 (7-4), 6-4.

But this week has belonged to Dancevic. After his win over Verdasco, Dancevic cleared up one tiny misconception: His last name is not pronounced DANCE-a-VICK, but DAN-che-vich. It is a subtle change, but an important one. Dancevic's own transformation this week was just a little more dramatic.

"It's great for the game, and great for tennis in Canada," Laurendeau said. "Hopefully this is just the beginning of Frank entering the higher rankings, and establishing himself as a player who can stay there."

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/sports/story.html?id=28eb2497-5690-430b-9d44-75ba74412824&k=82898

mallorn
08-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Presser!
R. NADAL/F. Dancevic

4‑6, 6‑2, 6‑3

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Your opponent, did he surprise you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, he play, yeah, a very good game, no? He play very aggressive tennis, sure. Well, I know he's playing well, no? He's beating Del Potro, he's beating Verdasco, playing the final in Indianapolis, winning against Roddick in semifinals.
Well, was not a surprise for me. But, sure, was a very, very tough match.

Q. Had to be strange. You usually are a big crowd favorite. Tonight you were the bad guy. :(
RAFAEL NADAL: No, not 'the bad guy'. :) That's very good for the tennis. The crowd was unbelievable. Very nice atmosphere. Yeah, supporting him a lot, but with a lot of respect for me, too. I hope tomorrow change and the public, the crowd, support me, no (smiling)?
Anyway, was very, very nice atmosphere. That's very good for the tennis. Very good for Montréal, too.

Q. Where you worried at the end of the first set?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, he's having some shots that not exist, :lol: so sure I'm worried because if you lose a first set, you can lose the match. He has one breakpoint in the beginning of the second. Well, sure, I was thinking I can lose this match. But at the same time I just focus on me, continuing fighting, and be there for if I have any chance for try to convert the chance. :yeah:
Very happy about my victory. Is very important victory for me against very good player.

Q. When the crowd is cheering for your opponent, does that put pressure on you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Not much, no? Always is better have the crowd with you, no? But, well, I understand that's the sport. I'm in Canada right now, it's normal.

Q. It doesn't affect you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe always affect a little bit because you have the crowd with you, you're playing with more confidence. The good moments are better and the worse moments are not worse, no? :D :yeah: So that's the difference.
But for the rest, I have a lot of match behind my shoulders in Davis Cup, playing outside, so for me is no problem.

Q. What is your expectation for your match against Djokovic tomorrow?
RAFAEL NADAL: Just try to play my best tennis, no? I know if I play my best tennis, anyway, going to be very tough match because he's playing unbelievable. He's winning against Nalbandian 6‑3, 6‑2, Roddick 7‑6, 6‑4 today. So he's having very good tournament, unbelievable season this year.
I know is the No. 3 in the world, No. 3 right now. Gonna be a very nice match. No. 2 against No. 3. Last time when I play against him on this surface I lost in Miami. Last time when I play against him, I beat him on grass. And on clay I beat him two times, too. It's going to be interesting match, very interesting match.

Q. What's keeping you from playing your best tennis?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I had not bad game today. I was playing a great match. Dancevic play very aggressive game and was very difficult play against him, no? But I'm feeling the ball much better than the first two days.
Probably this tournament was not my best tournament. Was not the tournament when I am playing better, no, on the year. But the true is, I'm coming better every day. Well, I hope tomorrow play better. I think I am prepared for try to play my best tennis tomorrow. [oh I hope so, because you'll need to! :p ]

Q. Dancevic said in the second set you broke him. What do you think made the difference for you to get the advantage in the second set?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, important because he's playing with the confidence. Is important have a break soon. You have break soon, the opponent have some doubts and you can continue with good confidence.

mallorn
08-11-2007, 08:59 AM
:bounce: Ania is back!
:hug: I really shouldn't be though. :tape: lol

Oh, and Ania dear, what makes you think I'm sane, or any of us residents in Marat's forum for that matter? :o :lol: ;) I should add this smilie :crazy:
I think you are perfectly sane, which is incredible in the circumstances. :worship:
ANIA :kiss: :smooch: :drool: :awww: :hug: :inlove: :hug: :hearts:
Hi Jonathan! :smooch:
Im still thinking about the Cincinnati title :devil:
There'd better be no whoring! :armed: ;)

PS. Did you guys know you can only have 20 smilies in one post? There were 22 originally, including the quotes of course, and the system told me I had to remove some! *hmmm*

the_natural
08-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Isn't Rafa contradicting himself here?

He says he prefers the balls coming fast.
Then, he says he prefers the ball getting more bounce.

I thought the faster the ball went, the lower the bounce.
what does he prefer? :confused:

Nope, well... wait... ok heres how to explain it. Even a high bouncer can be really fast (the indoor carpet courts are much like this), Ur probably thinking of the fact that flat shots and grass courts have low bounces and are really fast no?

Well the flat shot has a lower bounce but its faster mainly because theres less spin (i know that adds to the bounce too), theres less distance to travel (going straight through the court rather than going way up over it), less wind resistance (as a result of the previous 2 things plus it also doesnt go so high) and cos of the angle it hits the court. Grass has a lower bounce cos of the way the court absorbs the energy of the ball and the reactive force sent back to the ball which causes it to skid through and fresh grass sents that reactive force back faster than the clay but the speed of that reaction doesnt create the low bounce. The Indoor carpet courts, are actually faster than grass courts and can have a high bounce, BECAUSE the court sents more of that force back to the ball and does it much faster than either grass or hard courts causing it to bounce high and fast.

I dont think ive answered ur question but if made and answered my own In any case. No high topspin balls dont necessarily have to come through the court slowly, Tomas Muster, albert costa and rafa had that real biting (There were a few others too) have that biting topsin that just jumps out at u fast and high, Bruguera and maybe berasetegui (no i cant spell) had more of the high looping slower top spin).

linus
08-11-2007, 03:21 PM
the huge test now :devil:

Vamos Rafa, show your all :rocker:

The_Nadal_effect
08-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Nope, well... wait... ok heres how to explain it. Even a high bouncer can be really fast (the indoor carpet courts are much like this), Ur probably thinking of the fact that flat shots and grass courts have low bounces and are really fast no?

Well the flat shot has a lower bounce but its faster mainly because theres less spin (i know that adds to the bounce too), theres less distance to travel (going straight through the court rather than going way up over it), less wind resistance (as a result of the previous 2 things plus it also doesnt go so high) and cos of the angle it hits the court. Grass has a lower bounce cos of the way the court absorbs the energy of the ball and the reactive force sent back to the ball which causes it to skid through and fresh grass sents that reactive force back faster than the clay but the speed of that reaction doesnt create the low bounce. The Indoor carpet courts, are actually faster than grass courts and can have a high bounce, BECAUSE the court sents more of that force back to the ball and does it much faster than either grass or hard courts causing it to bounce high and fast.

I dont think ive answered ur question but if made and answered my own In any case. No high topspin balls dont necessarily have to come through the court slowly, Tomas Muster, albert costa and rafa had that real biting (There were a few others too) have that biting topsin that just jumps out at u fast and high, Bruguera and maybe berasetegui (no i cant spell) had more of the high looping slower top spin).

Thanks a lot for your reply. :yeah: Still a little confused because I don't have a great technical understanding of the sports intricacies yet, but you make it somewhat clear.

Hey Ania, welcome back :wavey:

Johnny Groove
08-11-2007, 05:48 PM
:hug: I really shouldn't be though. :tape: lol

I think you are perfectly sane, which is incredible in the circumstances. :worship:

Hi Jonathan! :smooch:

There'd better be no whoring! :armed: ;)

PS. Did you guys know you can only have 20 smilies in one post? There were 22 originally, including the quotes of course, and the system told me I had to remove some! *hmmm*

Yeah, only 20 smileys suck, sometimes i have to delete from quotes :lol:

Depending on how he does here, might determine the thread name. Maybe the draw I will take into account

mamasue
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Depending on how he does here, might determine the thread name. Maybe the draw I will take into account
As in "No Djoke in Cincy!" :)

guga2120
08-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Novak was just too good. I can believe he wasted all those BP's.

The_Nadal_effect
08-12-2007, 05:15 AM

:lol: Yeah, I smell something dramatic coming up!:devil:

linus
08-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Rafa :hug: when I every time watched him playing with bandage around knee, pain sticked to my heart. Really a tough experience for Rafa to fight up match after match, I mean including those matches against Marat, Paulo and Dancevic. Every first set seemed so hopeless but Rafa... no words to his spirit... :worship: now I just want him to take enough rest and get cared well. Believe that after enough plans, he can do better and better but dont pressure yourself too much, my brave guy :angel:

Metis
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Well Rafa didn't exactly destroy the Montreal horcrux but at least he got a bit of help from Nole=Hermione (?) (not too knowledgeable about the Harry Potter stories :lol: ) in dethroning Federmort.

MariaV
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Sorry, I was away and then kinda didn't feel like posting. Here the last presser after losing to Nole.

Entrevues - Interviews

Le 11 août 2007 - August 11, 2007

N. DJOKOVIC/R. Nadal 7‑5, 6‑3

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Did you expect him to come out so hard right off the bat?
RAFAEL NADAL: Can you repeat, please?

Q. Did you expect Djokovic to come out so hard from the first set?
RAFAEL NADAL: From the baseline?

Q. Did you expect him to be so aggressive?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I tell you yesterday, no? He was playing a very good tournament, very good season. He beat Roddick. Roddick was winning the last tournament last week, so he's coming in with good confidence. And he beat Roddick. He beat Nalbandian. So he's coming with big confidence. He played very, very good match. Very complete match, and he's unbelievable today.

Q. How was your knee today?
RAFAEL NADAL: My?

Q. Your knee?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no problem.

Q. How did you feel about the way you played today?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I wasn't play bad, no? I play good tennis, but maybe I have to improve a little bit more. No, I am not disappointed about my game. But I think it's the first week on hard court. Anyway, I played good week, semifinals is a good start of the American season in hard. But I know I have to improve a little bit more for the next weeks.
No, I hope, well, in the week I am coming better every day, and I hope that's continuing to Cincinnati and New York. Well, anyway, Djokovic he's a great player, and I would love to play against him another time next week. Because I hope I have ‑‑ I know I have to improve a little bit more, and he's a nice match for play.

Q. Did you feel you were moving as well as you would like to?
RAFAEL NADAL: What?

Q. Did you feel you were moving as well as you would like to?
RAFAEL NADAL: I need move a little bit better, no? Well, before coming here I have one week off, I have to stop one week for the knee. The next week I just, I tell you before, I just play with my uncle very, very slow. And I need a little bit more rhythm in the movements, no.
But I am getting slowly but, I think every day is coming a little bit better. And I have maybe a few days right now for practice for Cincinnati. And Cincinnati I hope play a few more matches, and that's going to help me a lot me.

Q. I want to ask you a question: I saw you with the Real Madrid team for the last game of the season they won. Your father used to play for Barcelona. :rolls:
RAFAEL NADAL: My father?

Q. No? That's what I had read somewhere?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, not my father. Was uncle.

Q. Your uncle played for Barcelona. So, how come you're a Real Madrid fan?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, well, my uncle was in Barcelona maybe eight, nine years. While my uncle was in Barcelona, I support him. I support Barcelona. But before Barcelona, my uncle was playing in Mallorca and I am fan to Mallorca and Real Madrid. Before my uncle goes to Barcelona, I'm a fan of Real Madrid. So when my uncle finished with Barcelona, I come back to Real Madrid. :lol:

Q. You had some very tough match in the last round, how do you feel physically tonight? You feel fatigue or?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I am fine. The truth is I need a little bit more speed in the movements for have better return the ball, especially when I am running to the forehand. But that's always I can improve always, playing and playing more matches and more practice.
So, that's it. I know that. But the important thing for me is I am feeling better hit the ball. So I feel better hit the ball every day with the forehand. If you compare the match against Mathieu and yesterday, I improve, and today I improve a little bit more so that's always important.

Q. You talked to the referee a couple of times. Do you think it's useful to talk to the referee after he's made his call?
RAFAEL NADAL: Can you repeat, please?

Q. You talked to the referee after he make his call. Do you think it's useful to do that?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't think so (smiling). It doesn't matter, but I have to say. Because if the ball is going like this up over the net, and he's saying, Net, first serve. So I have to say because the shit machine is not working never (laughing). Always using the machine the machine every area it's having lot of mistakes, so ATP has to check that.

Q. So you got a time warning, but Djokovic takes a long time to serve, too. Do you think he should have gotten some?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, not today, no.

Q. You didn't?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, not today.

Q. I was wondering if your new doubles partner, Lleyton Hewitt, has he taught you any Aussie expressions?
RAFAEL NADAL: Not yet, no. I just played with him this week. But anyway, it was a nice experience. Disappointing we have to retire in the second round. We played very tough matches, and I had some with the elbow. I have some trouble the elbow, and he has some problem with the nail on the foot, and we have to retire.
But it was a nice experience to play one match with him. I hope in the future we can play a little bit more, but no.

Q. Are you playing doubles in Cincinnati?
RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe. Maybe, I think. I think, yes. We'll discuss it. :)

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

C'mos! ;) :banana: :yippee:

http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/fr/draws/interviews/nadal_11.asp

I didn't see the match but I gather there weren't any time warnings after all? :rolleyes: The matches vs PHM and Dancevic he played with good pace I think, usually he doesn't take too long between the points outside clay.

The_Nadal_effect
08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Well Rafa didn't exactly destroy the Montreal horcrux but at least he got a bit of help from Nole=Hermione (?) (not too knowledgeable about the Harry Potter stories :lol: ) in dethroning Federmort.

:lol: Me neither, but from what I gather, Nole ought to be a dementor! He sucked the powers of both, Hoggy Potter and dark Lord Federemort!

Q. You had some very tough match in the last round, how do you feel physically tonight? You feel fatigue or?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I am fine. The truth is I need a little bit more speed in the movements for have better return the ball, especially when I am running to the forehand. But that's always I can improve always, playing and playing more matches and more practice.
So, that's it. I know that. But the important thing for me is I am feeling better hit the ball. So I feel better hit the ball every day with the forehand. If you compare the match against Mathieu and yesterday, I improve, and today I improve a little bit more so that's always important.

Rafa is so lucky to not know english. His bad english lets him pull things whichever way is convenient.:rolls: