Wild Cards [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wild Cards

smucav
07-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Main Draw
1 John Isner USA
2 Alex Kuznetsov USA
3 Jesse Levine USA
4 Michael McClune USA (Kalamazoo champion)
5 Wayne Odesnik USA
6 Ryan Sweeting USA
7 Donald Young USA
8 Alun Jones AUS (TA)

Qualifying
1 Stephen Bass USA
2 Matt Bruch USA
3 Lester Cook USA
4 Ryler de Heart USA
5 Scoville Jenkins USA
6 Bryan Koniecko USA
7 Nikita Kryvonos USA
8 Dusan Lojda CZE (2006 boys' U.S. Open champion)
9 Phillip Simmonds USA

Doubles
1 ISNER USA/OUDSEMA USA
2 RAM USA/YOUNG USA
3 KENDRICK USA/QUERREY USA
4 GINEPRI USA/KUERTEN BRA
5 DAMICO USA/SCHNUGG USA (Kalamazoo champions)
6 KUZNETSOV USA/LEVINE USA
7 JENKINS USA/SIMMONDS USA

smucav
07-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Let the speculation begin.

Except for TA's wild card, all the 2006 main draw and qualifying wild cards went to American players age 22 & under:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3985701&postcount=80

Highest-ranked Americans age 23 & under (as of 8/13/07):

Rank Name (Age)
153 Odesnik, Wayne (21) MD WC
182 Kuznetsov, Alex (20) MD WC
192 Isner, John (22) MD WC
199 Ram, Rajeev (23) QD DA
232 Young, Donald (18) MD WC
250 Sweeting, Ryan (20) MD WC
266 Evans, Brendan (21) QD DA
323 Jenkins, Scoville (20) QD WC
330 Simmonds, Phillip (21) QD WC
359 Cook, Lester (23) QD WC
374 Oudsema, Scott (21) QD DA
393 De Heart, Ryler (23) QD WC
461 Kryvonos, Nikita (20) QD WC
483 Levine, Jesse (19) MD WC
615 McClune, Michael (17) MD WC
685 Yim, Robert (22)
703 Fass, Adam (22)
715 Bruch, Matt (22) QD WC

Scotso
07-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Smyczek, Tim 766 :angel:

aussie_fan
07-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Do TA get another wildcard this year or not?

GustavoM_Fan
07-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Tsonga have chances to get one???

Snowwy
07-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Hopefully Ryler De Heart gets a qualifying WC.

JBdV
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Tsonga have chances to get one???

Tsonga is already in directly.

yumo
07-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Young, Donald 290 :ras:

smucav
07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Do TA get another wildcard this year or not?I went back & reread some older information before I started this thread. From everything I read, the agreement between USTA & TA for reciprocal wild cards was for the U.S. Open 2006/Australian Open 2007 only. Perhaps the agreement has been renewed, but I haven't read anything about it.

Andre♥
07-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Young, Isner and Sweeting seem certain imo.

smucav
07-31-2007, 03:08 PM
The draws for Kalamazoo are out:
http://www.ustaboys.com/results/info.php?year=2007

Young did not enter so he must be confident of getting a wild card.

CooCooCachoo
08-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Young, Isner and Sweeting seem certain imo.

Yes. Add Kuznetsov to that list.

Possibly Evans, Oudsema, Simmonds. I hope Jenkins doesn't get one this year, as he doesn't deserve one based on his results.

CooCooCachoo
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
BTW that Kalamazoo draw is gigantic :lol: :o

Will be interesting to see how Schnugg does.

smucav
08-01-2007, 02:22 PM
BTW that Kalamazoo draw is gigantic :lol: :oThere are several USTA "national" championships for juniors, but Kalamazoo is much bigger & is considered the USTA "super-national" championships. The 14s & 12s (& all the girls' divisions) are played at other sites around the same time.

Chip_s_m
08-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Anyone know why Rhyne Williams isn't playing Kalamazoo, I would've figured he was a serious contender for it.

Jan-Michael Gambill is entered into qualifying, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a WC to the main draw. Also, if Odesnik can pull off an upset over Del Potro (currently starting the 3rd set), he'll probably be in contention for a WC as well. My guess is that Young, Isner, and Kuznetsov are locks.

ExcaliburII
08-01-2007, 11:54 PM
has dev verman got any chance?

Wild cards for Odesnik, Isner and Young for sure.

trulliscorpion
08-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Young isn't on the entry list for qualifying aswell, so he must be assured a WC anyways.

lovetheunderdog
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
i had a question, in the past the usta usually has given wild cards to both the men's and women's national singles division 1 college champions. will dev varnam get a WC this year?

Fee
08-06-2007, 03:39 AM
The USTA stopped giving the NCAA wildcard a few years ago because Americans stopped winning it. Now they give the winner and finalist 'a look', but that spot is no longer guaranteed.

Jan-Mike will ask for a WC, of course, but I don't know that the USTA is going to give it to him if he doesn't put up a result somewhere. He has one last chance if he can get a WC into Cincy qualies on Saturday (and be healthy enough to play it).

I think Sweeting, Isner, and Young are sure, Kuznetsov, Oudsema, and Odesnik are probable. If Sco gets anything, it will be for qualies.

aussie_fan
08-06-2007, 05:12 AM
I went back & reread some older information before I started this thread. From everything I read, the agreement between USTA & TA for reciprocal wild cards was for the U.S. Open 2006/Australian Open 2007 only. Perhaps the agreement has been renewed, but I haven't read anything about it.

GustavoM_Fan
08-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Oudsema for MD???

Bogomolov Jr., Warburg, Wilson, King, Ram deserved more than him....

what happen with Brian Baker??? :confused:

I remember he beat Gaudio at UsOpen 2005... but then dissapeared....

sameerph
08-06-2007, 07:39 AM
I think Somdev Devvarman desereves a wild card at least for qualifying draw. He has beat Isner twice at NCAA finals & Isner is almost assured of a main draw WC.

CooCooCachoo
08-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Oudsema for MD???

King :o I certainly hope not. Oudsema > King.

trulliscorpion
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
The USTA stopped giving the NCAA wildcard a few years ago because Americans stopped winning it. Now they give the winner and finalist 'a look', but that spot is no longer guaranteed.

Jan-Mike will ask for a WC, of course, but I don't know that the USTA is going to give it to him if he doesn't put up a result somewhere. He has one last chance if he can get a WC into Cincy qualies on Saturday (and be healthy enough to play it).

I think Sweeting, Isner, and Young are sure, Kuznetsov, Oudsema, and Odesnik are probable. If Sco gets anything, it will be for qualies.

Jan-Mike retired midway through his Canada Masters qualifying match against Goldstein. It's not a good signal.

Chip_s_m
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
My money is on:
Isner (look to the left)
Young
Kuznetsov
Odesnik
Sweeting
Levine
Evans
Kalamazoo Champ (my guess is either Mcclune or Damico)

Oudsema may happen, but he'll probably drop out of the top 300 if he can't defend his Binghampton points next week. He hasn't made it past the quarters of a challenger this year. Simmonds and Jenkins haven't done very well this year, which is a shame. Jenkins seems to have the ability to do well but just doesn't for some reason, while Simmonds hasn't done much since his challenger win in Mexico last year. My guess is that Ram is too old to get one.

Chip_s_m
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM

I heard that he had suffered a hip injury (the same one that Guga has had) late in 2005 or early in 2006, which he either still hasn't recovered from or has since decided that it would be very difficult to come back after all that time and make it back to where he was, let alone to where he could have been if he hadn't gotton injured. Definitely a shame....I saw him play Malisse after he beat Gaudio. He lost in 4 but the talent was there.

smucav
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Anyone know why Rhyne Williams isn't playing Kalamazoo, I would've figured he was a serious contender for it.http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/2007/07/rhyne-williams-withdraws-from-kalamazoo.html

lovetheunderdog
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Oudsema for MD???

wow you are right, I was there in the grandstand that day, and actually saw that entire match. I was really impressed with Baker but haven't heard anything from him since.

Fee
08-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Jan-Mike retired midway through his Canada Masters qualifying match against Goldstein. It's not a good signal.

Yeah, I know. Lower back injury. Just hope he can recover in a few days.

My money is on:
Isner (look to the left)
Young
Kuznetsov
Odesnik
Sweeting
Levine
Evans
Kalamazoo Champ (my guess is either Mcclune or Damico)

Oudsema may happen, but he'll probably drop out of the top 300 if he can't defend his Binghampton points next week. He hasn't made it past the quarters of a challenger this year. Simmonds and Jenkins haven't done very well this year, which is a shame. Jenkins seems to have the ability to do well but just doesn't for some reason, while Simmonds hasn't done much since his challenger win in Mexico last year. My guess is that Ram is too old to get one.

Excellent list, and good points. The USTA has a lot invested in Oudsema, so I don't think they will give up on him just yet, but they might just make him go through qualies this year.

Warburg and Ram won't get them, both of them are 'old' by USTA standards, and in the qualie draw anyway. Not sure about Levine and Evans, Evans has been a bit inconsistent, but seems to be improving lately.

Alex Clayton will probably get one for qualies. He seems like a decent guy and could develop into a talented player. He needs to grow a little bit more, seems kind of smallish.

Yes, Brian Baker did have hip surgery. I don't think he is ever going to come back. Shame, he seemed so talented.

CooCooCachoo
08-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Odesnik really stepped it up at the right moment, and surprisingly so :o Great timing for him as it might well secure a WC.

Pier P Pasolini
08-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Odesnik will definately get one

dudi_fan
08-09-2007, 06:24 AM
I Really Hope Isner Gets 1

CooCooCachoo
08-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I Really Hope Isner Gets 1

He is 99.999% guaranteed to get one.

Haile Selassie
08-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I hope that John Lackey get one for the qualy draw.
What do you think guys?

jonny84
08-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Isner will definitley get one. He's just got one for Cinncinnati.

Donald Young will get one too.

Grinder
08-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Main draw WC for Michael McClune after his 6-1 2-6 6-4 6-2 win over Ryan Thacher in the final of Kalamazoo.

Qualifying WC for Ryan Thacher. Doubles main draw WC for Kellen Damico and Nate Schnugg.

dancy_fan
08-13-2007, 03:20 AM
I was in Montreal and Odesnik told me in
person that he's receiving US MD Wild Card.

GustavoM_Fan
08-15-2007, 07:33 AM
I hope that John Lackey get one for the qualy draw.
What do you think guys?

John Lackey :haha: :haha: :haha:

check this plz: http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/activity.asp?player=100060976

He is 62 years old... :devil:
but he have the dream to reach the top 100 :D :rolls:

smucav
08-15-2007, 07:11 PM
http://www.usta.com/news/fullstory.sps?iType=949&inewsid=463559Young, Isner Headline Men's US Open Wild Cards
8/15/07 6:34 PM

Seven Americans 22 Years-Old or Younger Awarded Entry

Locals Stephen Bass (Bronxville), Bryan Koniecko (Syosset) and Nikita Kryvonos (Flushing) Receive Qualifying Wild Cards

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The USTA today announced that a talented group of young Americans consisting of John Isner (Greensboro, N.C.), Alex Kuznetsov (Tampa, Fla.), Jesse Levine (Boca Raton, Fla.), Wayne Odesnik (Weston, Fla.), Ryan Sweeting (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.), Donald Young (Atlanta) and 2007 USTA Boys’ 18s champion Michael McClune (Irvine, Calif.) as well as Australian Alun Jones, have been awarded men’s singles main draw wild card entries into the 2007 US Open Tennis Championships, which will be played Aug. 27-Sept. 9 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y.

Both the men’s and women’s US Open singles champions will earn $1.4 million with the ability to earn an additional $1 million in bonus prize money (for a total $2.4 million potential payout) based on their performance in the US Open Series. In addition, both US Open singles champions will receive a new Lexus automobile.

Isner, 22, is currently ranked No. 192 in the world. Two weeks ago at the Legg Mason Classic in Washington, D.C., his second career tour-level appearance, Isner notched wins over Tim Henman and Tommy Haas en route to the final where he lost to Andy Roddick. Isner set new ATP records by winning five straight matches in a third-set tiebreak and serving 144 aces throughout the week, the highest total in a non-Grand Slam event since the tour started keeping stats in 1991. He turned professional in May after leading the University of Georgia to the NCAA team title and ending his four-year collegiate career by reaching the final of the NCAA singles championship.

Jones, 27, earned his wild card through a reciprocal arrangement with Tennis Australia, which will grant a men’s singles main draw wild card into the 2008 Australian Open to a player designated by the USTA. He is currently ranked a career-high No. 123 in the world.

Kuznetsov, 20, is currently ranked No. 182 in the world. He qualified for the Australian Open in January where he reached the second round before losing to James Blake. He improved nearly 300 places in the rankings in 2006 through strong play on the USTA Pro Circuit after suffering a broken leg in a car accident in May 2005. He was the 2004 French Open boys’ singles runner-up.

Levine, 19, is currently ranked No. 483 in the world. Levine just finished his freshman season at the University of Florida with a 24-1 record and ranked No. 3 in the country. He earned All-American honors in singles and doubles and was named the Intercollegiate Tennis Association National Rookie of the Year. At the tour level, Levine qualified for Delray Beach in January (winning two matches) and Newport in July.

McClune, 17, earned his wild card by winning the title at the 2007 USTA Boys’ 18s National Championship last weekend in Kalamazoo, Mich., less than two weeks before his 18th birthday. He was a finalist at the Mansfield (Texas) Futures last October, and recently attempted to qualify at the US Open Series event in Los Angeles. He is currently ranked No. 615 in the world.

Odesnik, 21, is currently ranked a career-high No. 153 in the world. He qualified for two US Open Series events thus far this summer, reaching the third round in Washington, D.C., and the second round at Montreal last week. The South African born American has won seven career Futures titles in 14 final appearances. He improved his year-end ranking for the fifth consecutive year in 2006.

Sweeting, 20, is currently ranked No. 250. He reached a career-high ranking of No. 230 in July after reaching the quarterfinals at three of the four USTA Pro Circuit Challengers he entered. The 2005 US Open boys’ singles champion became a U.S. citizen in 2006 (from Bahamas). He has served as a practice partner for the U.S. Davis Cup team in the 2006 World Group Semifinal against Russia in Moscow and 2007 first round at the Czech Republic.

Young, 18, is currently ranked No. 232 in the world. The 2007 Wimbledon boys’ champion won his first professional singles title at the Little Rock (Arkansas) Futures in April as a wild card and his first Challenger title at Aptos, Calif., in June – he is currently second in prize money earnings on the USTA Pro Circuit this season. He finished 2005 as the world's No. 1 ranked junior, the youngest ever to accomplish that feat at 16 years, 5 months. Young earned wild cards at the US Open in 2005 and 2006 as the USTA Boys’ 18s champion.

In addition to the eight US Open men’s singles main draw wild cards, the USTA also announced the nine men who have been awarded wild card entries into the US Open Qualifying Tournament, which will be held August 21-24 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.

Players receiving US Open qualifying wild cards are: Stephen Bass (22, Bronxville, N.Y.), Matt Bruch (20, Lake Forest, Ill.), Lester Cook (23, Sherman Oaks, Calif.) Ryler De Heart (23, Tampa, Fla.), Scoville Jenkins (20, Atlanta), Bryan Koniecko (20, Syosset, N.Y.), Nikita Kryvonos (20, Flushing, N.Y.), reigning US Open boys’ singles champion Dusan Lojda (19, Czech Republic) and Phillip Simmonds (21, Reston, Va.).

The 2007 US Open will mark the culmination of the US Open Series, the six-week summer tennis season linking all major ATP and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour tournaments in North America to the US Open. The US Open is the highest annually-attended sporting event in the world. More than 95 million viewers watched the 2006 US Open on CBS Sports and USA Network, and international broadcasts reached more than 180 countries.

The 2007 US Open will be held Monday, August 27 through Sunday, September 9. Tickets for the 2007 US Open can be purchased four ways: 1) at usopen.org; 2) by calling Ticketmaster at 1-866-OPEN-TIX; 3) at all Ticketmaster outlets; or 4) at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center box office. American Express is the Official Card of the US Open.

smucav
08-15-2007, 07:14 PM
thanks :)The USTA/TA reciprocal agreement has been renewed for the 2007 U.S. Open/2008 Australian Open per the USTA.

CooCooCachoo
08-15-2007, 07:35 PM
:rocker: Kuznetsov
:rocker: Sweeting

R.Federer
08-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Isner and Odesnik have earned their spaces :yeah:

Viken01
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
only american players are getting WC ?

Burrow
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM
jones??

Burrow
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM

No, Alun Jones is in the list, and he is Australian.

Lee
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM

No. USO and AO trade WC. That's why Alun Jones from Australia has a WC to USO.

DrJules
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I see Donald Young is on the list.

Viken01
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
oh sorry I missed the australian

vildis
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
interesting.. McClune got wc to both men and juniors events..

jonny84
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Not really. Surprised Scoville Jenkins has only got a qualifying WC though.

Donald Young, Isner and Kuznetsov deserve their WCs for sure.

Voo de Mar
08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I see Donald Young is on the list.

He is on a way to improve singles record to 0-12 :yeah:

Jem
08-15-2007, 09:53 PM
On the whole, this looks like a great list. Why would you consider it a joke, especially for the main draw? Who would be other choices?

The only one I might question for the main draw is Ryan Sweeting. He hasn't done much lately, but he did reach the second round last year, so that, coupled with his age, is probably enough to merit a wildcard selection.

Jenkins has had several main draw wildcards, so he might have merited a selection, but then again, what has he done lately. I'd have looked at Jenkins and Sweeting and chosen based on who has had the most successful 12 months -- or based on who is ranked higher. I haven't a clue about that.

The qualifying wildcards are a bit puzzling, with several names I haven't heard. Maybe they're college students who will benefit from the experience.

vildis
08-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Donald Young, Isner and Kuznetsov deserve their WCs for sure.

isner, kuznetsov do, but who is Scoville Jenkins??

Burrow
08-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Jenkins was quite promising at one point.

vildis
08-15-2007, 10:07 PM
On the whole, this looks like a great list. Why would you consider it a joke, especially for the main draw? Who would be other choices?

well maybe dancevic:angel:

Purple Rainbow
08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
isner, kuznetsov do, but who is Scoville Jenkins??

Not so long ago, Jenkins was thought of as the real deal!http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=45630&highlight=scoville+jenkins

Champion number 1
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Crap system from the US... I like it at Wimbledon where they give 5 WCs to British players and then the other 3 go to others... so 1 goes to the boys junior champion of the previous year and the other 2 to recently good performing players who are not in the top 100.

Snowwy
08-15-2007, 10:13 PM
interesting.. McClune got wc to both men and juniors events..

He won Kalamazoo so he gets an automatic wildcard for the MD.

Scoville is a joke now, hes so inconsistant, hes wasted his chances and its time to move on, Im happy its only a qualifiying WC

Adler
08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Quite predictable IMO

Leo
08-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Too many Americans - Dancevic deserved a spot right into the main draw after his play in Indy and Montreal this summer but unrecognized by the USTA. I hope he qualifies and doesn't blow his momentum!

I'm excited to see how some of these young Americans do, especially Isner and Odesnik.

Jem
08-16-2007, 03:40 AM
well maybe dancevic:angel:

Yea, I might have been friendly and extended one to Dancevic, but then again, he is Canadian and it's the U.S. Open tournament. I don't think the Canadians offered a wildcard to a U.S. player at the CAnadian Open. On the whole, I think it's a pretty good crop of U.S. players to get these wildcards -- no real stretches of the imagination on any of them.

By the way, I'm surprised Dancevic wasn't in the main draw straight away. I thought his ranking was above 100 prior to Wimbledon. I really like him and hope he qualifies and does some damage in the draw. I'm going to be at the Open over the Labor Day weekend, and he's one I'd definitely go see play if he's still around.

lovetheunderdog
08-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know if anybody else knew this, but I found out today that Alun Jones is actually quite the actor as well, even if it was only one movie. He appeared in the tennis/love story (mostly love story) movie Wimbledon and played Tom Cavendish. Interesting little tidbit for everybody out there. Jones has been playing really well and could do some damage at the Open I think.

CooCooCachoo
08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't know if anybody else knew this, but I found out today that Alun Jones is actually quite the actor as well, even if it was only one movie. He appeared in the tennis/love story (mostly love story) movie Wimbledon and played Tom Cavendish. Interesting little tidbit for everybody out there. Jones has been playing really well and could do some damage at the Open I think.

Yes, Beti Sekulovski was also in it :lol:

CooCooCachoo
08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Crap system from the US... I like it at Wimbledon where they give 5 WCs to British players and then the other 3 go to others... so 1 goes to the boys junior champion of the previous year and the other 2 to recently good performing players who are not in the top 100.

The difference being that the US has way more worthy candidates than the UK.

GustavoM_Fan
08-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Dev Varman deserved a qualifying WC :fiery: :sad:

ExcaliburII
08-17-2007, 05:27 AM
yes, Usta is Crap.

Hrastar
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
So no main draw WC for Sam Warburg? :o

Fee
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Sam committed the sin of going to college and actually graduating. He will not get a wildcard (and it might do him some good to go through qualies anyway).

Scotso
08-20-2007, 02:38 AM
It's pretty sad that they overlook great American players who are not babies anymore. :p It's amazing to me that these tournament organizers suffer from the same idiotic thought of a lot of the posters on this board... that if you're not successful by 20 you'll never be anything.

There are plenty of players that became very successful late in their careers. And some of the people they have WCs to I have never even heard of, and I think that there is probably some shady dealing that goes on behind the scenes.

I'm actually surprised that Smyczek didn't get a QD WC at least. I know he's not amazing right now, but he's very young and has potential, and he's a very likeable person. It's perplexing. :shrug:

I think Clayton would have been another good choice over some of these people.

Scotso
08-20-2007, 02:39 AM
And while it may have been nice for players like Dancevic to get a WC, there is no incentive for the USTA to do that. :shrug: I love Frank, but I'm not upset he didn't get one. I still believe tournaments should favor players from their own country.

adeel
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
hey all

Santorofan
08-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Anyone have any news about doubles wildcards being awarded? Rohan Bopanna said that he and Qureshi would hear by Saturday whether they were being offered one or not....

Santorofan
08-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Rohan Bopanna stated that he and Qureshi would be contacted by Saturday regarding their doubles wildcard application. Does anyone have an update on this? Can't seem to find out any info on this anywhere. Thx in advance ;)

iftikhar
08-26-2007, 01:54 PM
well i was also searching that but sadly cannot find any info yet .. and the other worrying factor is how bad the injury of Aisam .. any news about that ? :( :(

JeffCandoi
08-26-2007, 03:27 PM
one for Kuerten/Ginepri is confirmed

iftikhar
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
it's really sad to see aisam/bopanna didn't get wild card even after 4 consecutive challengers .. may be becoz of aisam injury but it's just my guess :( :(