Looking for a new racquet [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Looking for a new racquet

Bingerz
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Last night i played 2 sets with the Pure Drive Babolat(Roddick) and this morning i have woken up and my elbow is numb, that is an unbelievably stiff racquet. For the 3rd set i picked up my old Pro Staff Wilson (Edberg) and started to cream winners with it again. I couldnt get used to the Babolat at all, and im wondering what is the racquet on the market these days most similar to the Wilson? I always loved that Pro Staff.

Cheers

El Legenda
07-18-2007, 02:15 AM
i use a Pure Drive Team + and would get tennis elbow all the time http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?thread_id=132

i also use Head MicroGEL Extreme Pro Racquet, like it more than the other one.

GlennMirnyi
07-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Babolat sucks. No feel. You'd do better playing with a baseball bat instead.

Bingerz
07-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Yeh is agree, there wasnt much feel out there with it, and even less feel in my elbow lol. Im going to be running through a whole heap of rackets, next up is the Head...wouldn't mind hitting with the K Six One Tour but no1 has it around here, not even shops

jazar
07-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi everyone,

Last night i played 2 sets with the Pure Drive Babolat(Roddick) and this morning i have woken up and my elbow is numb, that is an unbelievably stiff racquet. For the 3rd set i picked up my old Pro Staff Wilson (Edberg) and started to cream winners with it again. I couldnt get used to the Babolat at all, and im wondering what is the racquet on the market these days most similar to the Wilson? I always loved that Pro Staff.

Cheers

the pure drive rodddick is one of the stiffest rackets on the market, it plays like a piece of wood. try a wilson k sixone 95. it is stiff, but not as stiff as the babolat

adee-gee
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Cheers

The Pure Drive is the only racquet I ever used which gave me really bad tennis elbow. The Aeropro range was ok for tennis elbow, and the Aeropro Drive was pretty nice, I liked it.