What kind of racket do you use?? "@@"Are you happy with it? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What kind of racket do you use?? "@@"Are you happy with it?

CmonAussie
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
:wavey:

Just curious what rackets other MTF posters use:confused:
*I use the nTour Two [Wilson] myself;)

I`m pretty happy with the nTour Two~ especially it`s good for producing heavy top spin ground strokes, however I find the backhand [single] very hard to hit consistently, though that`s probably due to my poor technique..

Anyway the large frame size suits me as it`s quite forgiving on my misstimed & framed shots.. Justine Henin uses the same racket but with a 95 head size.

So let me know what you use [if you don`t mind] & strengths/weaknesses of the racket:angel: :devil: :confused: :confused:

My racket`s specifics:

nTour Two 105 [Wilson]
Head Size:
105 sq. in. / 677 sq. cm.
Length: 27.25 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 10.4oz / 295g
Balance: 3 pts Head Heavy
Swingweight: 339
Stiffness: 65
Beam Width: 23mm / 24mm / 23mm Dual Taper Beam
Composition: 25% nCoded Hyper Carbon / 75% nCoded Graphite
Power Level: Medium
Swing Speed: Moderate-Fast
Grip Type: True Grip
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T,9T,7H,9H
One Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 53-63

aramis
07-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Head Prestige. Hitting the sweet spot is money.

GlennMirnyi
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
That's not the appropriate forum. There's a place for equipment talk.

CmonAussie
07-17-2007, 05:44 PM
That's not the appropriate forum. There's a place for equipment talk.

So racket talk isn`t appropriate for `General Messages` on tennis but Tard Wars is OK:confused: :confused: :sad:

CmonAussie
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Thanks mate:cool:

Is that the racket Agassi used to use:confused:

GlennMirnyi
07-17-2007, 05:46 PM
So racket talk isn`t appropriate for `General Messages` on tennis but Tard Wars is OK:confused: :confused: :sad:

You're a fast learner kiddo.

I'm just being nice, no need for the reaction. They'll move the thread soon enough. Go to Amateur Tennis > Tennis Equipment.

CmonAussie
07-17-2007, 05:51 PM
You're a fast learner kiddo.

I'm just being nice, no need for the reaction. They'll move the thread soon enough. Go to Amateur Tennis > Tennis Equipment.

Well if it`s out of my hands then so be it:sad:

Atleast i tried to start a sensible discussion that should have been appropriate;)

stebs
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Well if it`s out of my hands then so be it:sad:

Atleast i tried to start a sensible discussion that should have been appropriate;)

Yes, but not for this forum.

adee-gee
07-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Just in the process of changing to the Head Microgel Radical. I've tried it out in my last few matches and it's quite simply the best racquet I've ever hit with.

CmonAussie
07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Just in the process of changing to the Head Microgel Radical. I've tried it out in my last few matches and it's quite simply the best racquet I've ever hit with.

Could you tell me a bit more about why it`s so good:confused:

PiggyGotRoasted
07-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Prince o3 Tour

adee-gee
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Could you tell me a bit more about why it`s so good:confused:

I'm not missing a ball at the moment :lol:

It has incredible control but gives you more than enough power and spin as well. I've fallen in love with it :hearts:

Burrow
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
The best rackets ever are the pro staff 85 and my racket used by nearly all of the touring head players - head prestige classic. Safin still uses this racket with paintjob, and i can see why. Amazing feel, flexibility, has great control and power. Really a FANTASTIC racket, too bad people are blown away by marketing these days.

Burrow
07-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Head prestige classic, intelligence, liquid metal, flexpoint???? The prestige has came out in many different models.

CmonAussie
07-18-2007, 04:10 AM
The best rackets ever are the pro staff 85 and my racket used by nearly all of the touring head players - head prestige classic. Safin still uses this racket with paintjob, and i can see why. Amazing feel, flexibility, has great control and power. Really a FANTASTIC racket, too bad people are blown away by marketing these days.

Thanks for the info mate<:)

Does the Head Prestige generate lots of topspin:confused:
How about slicing with the backhand??

GlennMirnyi
07-18-2007, 05:00 AM
The Head Prestige is a control-oriented racket. If you don't have pretty good strokes, don't go there, or your ball won't bounce after the service line.

Burrow
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
The Head Prestige is a control-oriented racket. If you don't have pretty good strokes, don't go there, or your ball won't bounce after the service line.

head prestige what? classic, intelligence, liquidmetal, flexpoint???

Burrow
07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the info mate<:)

Does the Head Prestige generate lots of topspin:confused:
How about slicing with the backhand??

thats whats confusing me, dunno what prestige people are talking about.

I use the classic and presuming your asking about that, Ive used both the original and the mid-plus and both are dreams to slice with, feels like the whole string bed is one big sweet spot.
I dont have to have great raquet head speed to generate alot of slice with this racket, its a very relaxed stroke.

I play with sometimes flat strokes and sometimes alot of topspin depending on who im playing. (im versatile like that :p) and I can say i've had no problems generating top spin. I can get under and over the ball with assurance that its not going to float long. I can even misshit alot when hitting with topspin and the ball will be sure to drift in.

Im a big server for somebody my age, probably due to my height and reach. Its always one of the first things i test when hitting with any racket is how i serve with it. Its important to my game and this racket is perfect. Power and control, when i go for a kick serve, 99% time no problems.

Volleying is fantastic, my game has improved vastly due to my new found confidence round the net, now I know if I hit that crucial forehand out wide to the opponents back hand i can feel free to come into the net and be ready for whatever challenge the opponent sends to me, whether it is a ball to my feet or around my shoulders, I feel confident I can put it away.

I'd definately encourage you to try this racket out, Im using the mid plus which is very cheap, doesnt cost much at all. 80 dollars. I wouldnt be sucked in by marketting like alot of people I know here and off the internet.

:wavey: