Marcos in Davis Cup [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marcos in Davis Cup

Aris
03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Any one going to Bulgaria for Davis Cup? There's a good deal out if you don't mind travelling HELIOS...

christos
03-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Any one going to Bulgaria for Davis Cup? There's a good deal out if you don't mind travelling HELIOS...

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately not, but I'll see the Greek team in Athens :)

Choupi
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I wish I could but sadly, I can't. Hope some of those who will get the matches on tv will keep us updated with some reviews. :)

kindablue
03-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Europe/Africa Zone Group II 2006
1st Round
TC Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Stadium Capacity: 1800
07 April - 09 April 2006
Day 1: 1100 hrs (0800 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1300 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1100 hrs (0800 hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay) - Outdoors
Ball Type: Pro Penn ATP

Bulgaria:
Enev Todor (489)
Kanev Yordan (1013)
Kushef Ilia (446)
Traykov Ivaylo (1055)

Cyprus:
Baghdatis Marcos (26)
Kallias Fotos (505)
Baghdatis Petros (N/A)
Koutrouzas Christopher (N/A)

Good luck to Marcos and Cyprus!!!!

PamposCypriot
03-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Cyprus of course will win

PamposCypriot
04-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Marcos was in Cyprus today. He was in the football match omonia vs apollon in nicosia with camille :) and his brother

04-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Europe/Africa Zone Group II 2006
1st Round
TC Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Stadium Capacity: 1800
07 April - 09 April 2006
Day 2: 1300 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)
Ball Type: Pro Penn ATP

Bulgaria:
Enev Todor (489)
Kanev Yordan (1013)
Kushef Ilia (446)
Traykov Ivaylo (1055)

Cyprus:
Baghdatis Marcos (26)
Kallias Fotos (505)
Baghdatis Petros (N/A)
Koutrouzas Christopher (N/A)

Good luck to Marcos and Cyprus!!!!
Pame Marcos and Cyprus ;) I was interested in finding out the names of the players. Marcos is the only one I know. Are Marcos and Petros related to each other?

PamposCypriot
04-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Marcos and Petros are brothers

04-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Marcos and Petros are brothers
Oh how nice that they can play Davis Cup together ;) I hope they both play well :)

kindablue
04-03-2006, 08:08 AM
This is what the draw looks like.

BULGARIA - CYPRUS

Enev - Kallias
Kanev - Baghdatis
Kushev/Traykov - Baghdatis/Koutrouzas
Enev - Baghdatis
Kanev - Kallias

Baghdatis would be Marcos.Petros is not playing.

Go Cyprus, this time we have a very good chance!!!

kindablue
04-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Two corrections to my previous post.The draw is not official yet.
Petros Baghdatis may play doubles.

LostGlory
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
It all depends on the first two singles matches....if Cyprus win both then the coach will risk the doubles....

Petros is a nice guy and a fairly good player....

LostGlory
04-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Well my concern is that they are playing on red clay but this is a good thing for Marcos to start practising on clay....

Aris
04-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Well, we are off to Plovdiv on Thursday (all 3 of us) ...hopefully. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else going as no Cypriots want to risk travelling HELIOS after last summer's accident, so maybe the charter flight will be cancelled after all. The Federation has arranged team transport with Olympic which costs 50% more and takes 12 hours to get there and 12 to get back (due to Athens stop-overs) instead of the normal 2 hour flight. Apparently Plovdiv is nice, if you can pronounce it correctly...
Can we do the Mexican wave with 3 people?

kindablue
04-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Aris, what can i say.I know a couple of people from Paphos are going there through Athens and Sofia so there is still hope for more people going.I wish i could go,but unfortunately i have to work.Anyway
good luck to the Cyprus team!!!

Choupi
04-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, we are off to Plovdiv on Thursday (all 3 of us) ...hopefully. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else going as no Cypriots want to risk travelling HELIOS after last summer's accident, so maybe the charter flight will be cancelled after all. The Federation has arranged team transport with Olympic which costs 50% more and takes 12 hours to get there and 12 to get back (due to Athens stop-overs) instead of the normal 2 hour flight. Apparently Plovdiv is nice, if you can pronounce it correctly...
Can we do the Mexican wave with 3 people?
Well I hope you have a good time there. And yes, you can definitely do a Mexican wave being only 3!! :p

04-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Have a fun and safe trip ;) :cool:

kindablue
04-06-2006, 01:32 PM
The draw is out and it looks like this:

R1 - Y.KANEV (BUL) v M.BAGHDATIS (CYP)
R2 - I.KUSHEV (BUL) v F.KALLIAS (CYP)
R3 - T.ENEV / I.TRAYKOV (BUL) v M.BAGHDATIS / F.KALLIAS (CYP)
R4 - I.KUSHEV (BUL) v M.BAGHDATIS (CYP)
R5 - Y.KANEV (BUL) v F.KALLIAS (CYP)

Marcos and Fotos playing both singles and doubles.Good luck to both!!!

christos
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Good luck Cyprus !!

04-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Good luck Cyprus !!
Yes I hope they will win ;) I think if Marcos plays well that they will win :dance:

kindablue
04-07-2006, 10:56 AM
The Marcos-Kanev match started,it was on Cuprus TV.Marcos was 2-1 but they had to stop playing because it was raining.The court looked very heavy,slippery and dangerous.On TV it says play will resume when rain stops.Personally i think Bulgarians shouldn't have chosen outdoor clay
this time of the year.I'm very worried for Marcos getting injured playing
in these conditions.

Choupi
04-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks for these updates. I just hope everything can go on normally and that the game takes place in the best conditions for all players.

kindablue
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
You are welcome Choupi.Play hasn't resumed after 3 1/2 hours.I wonder what they're going to do?

hawk
04-07-2006, 02:35 PM
What is happening? Does anybody know if they will finish the match? Hope everything is ok. :confused:

Apofasise to RIK na deixei ena agona kai ypirxse diakopi. Aman!!

Rafas_grl
04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
when r they gonna show it on tv???? :(
did it stop raining???

PamposCypriot
04-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Dont they have a weather service in bulgaria? :) Didnt they see this coming?

kindablue
04-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Latest news as follows:The Marcos-Kanev match will resume Saturday at 10:00 hrs
followed by the Kallias-Kushef match and after two hours rest, the doubles match starts.All this weather permitting.I looked up the DC rules and regulations and i think
this is against the rules.Personally i was looking forward to this tie but now all I want is for this to finish quickly.

oLn
04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Personally i was looking forward to this tie but now all I want is for this to finish quickly.
yeah i want and hope the same...

Good Luck cy !

PamposCypriot
04-08-2006, 06:45 AM
If the tie dont finish until tuesday because of raining marcos wont go in houston claycourt champs.

kindablue
04-08-2006, 07:35 AM
If the tie dont finish until tuesday because of raining marcos wont go in houston claycourt champs.

It HAS TO finish on Sunday!!!

kindablue
04-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Play resumes.Marcos breaks *3-1.

kindablue
04-08-2006, 09:02 AM
First set Marcos 6-1!!!

Choupi
04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
:woohoo: Allez Marcos. Keep it up. Thanks for the update. :)

kindablue
04-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Second set Marcos 6-2

kindablue
04-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Bulgaria 0 - Cyprus 1. Marcos wins 6-1 6-2 6-2!!!
Now go Fotos!!!!

oLn
04-08-2006, 11:46 AM
oh ! cool ! sounds easy win !

kindablue
04-08-2006, 11:57 AM
oh ! cool ! sounds easy win !

I was!!!

Choupi
04-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for this update. :banana: Good job Marcos!! :D

Smasher
04-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I.KUSHEV (BUL) def. F.KALLIAS (CYP) 6-3 6-2 7-5 :rolleyes:
Good luck in doubles Marcos and Fotos :bounce:

PamposCypriot
04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
The winner of doubles will be the winner of the tie

Smasher
04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Kushev/Traykov def. Baghdatis/Kallias 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(1), 6-0 :sad:

LostGlory
04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
anyone knows who won the doubles????

PamposCypriot
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Cyprus was winning 4-1 in the fourth set in doubles but they gave them for present the set...

04-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Sorry, but things don't sound too good for Cyprus now :sad:

Xristos
04-09-2006, 03:41 AM
Any pics from Marcos match?

athina7
04-09-2006, 06:59 PM
The winner of doubles will be the winner of the tie
Yup, you were right. Bulgaria def. Cyprus 3-2 :sad:

Marcos won the 4th rubber, def. Kushev 6-3 6-2 6-2, but Kallias lost the 5th rubber.

Choupi
04-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Marcos must be disappointed, for the team. It matters so much for him.

PamposCypriot
04-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Ανάμικτα συναισθήματα άφησε στην αποστολή της Εθνικής μας η εμπειρία της Βουλγαρίας. Από τη μια η απογοήτευση για την ήττα με 3-2 και την ευκαιρία που χάθηκε για να διεκδικήσουμε την άνοδο στην Α' κατηγορία του Davis Cup, από την άλλη η ικανοποίηση για την προσπάθεια που κατέβαλαν οι διεθνείς μας, αλλά και η αγανάκτηση για την προκλητική συμπεριφορά των Βούλγαρων και την πλήρη έλλειψη σεβασμού, δημιουργούν ένα παράξενο μίγμα συναισθημάτων.

Ο ομοσπονδιακός προπονητής Γιάννος Χατζηγεωργίου έκανε σοβαρές καταγγελίες και όχι άδικα, αφού κάποια πράγματα ήταν εξόφθαλμα και έγιναν με τις... ευλογίες των διοργανωτών και των -αν είναι δυνατό- Βούλγαρων διαιτητών! "Είμαι πολύ ευχαριστημένος από τους παίκτες μου. Αυτά τα παιδιά τα έδωσαν όλα, είχαν πάθος και έπεισαν τους πάντες ότι το Davis Cup είναι για κάποιους υπεράνω και της προσωπικής καριέρας. Η αναβολή της Παρασκευής (σ.σ. λόγω βροχής) μας έβλαψε, αφού αγωνιστήκαμε με δύο παίκτες σε διάστημα δύο ημερών, αντίθετα με τους Βούλγαρους. Είναι ενδεικτικό ότι ο Φώτος Καλλίας έπαιξε συνολικά 8.5 ώρες, ενώ προερχόταν από τραυματισμό και στο τέλος έπαιζε με κράμπες. Παρ' όλα αυτά, φτάσαμε κοντά, ειδικά στο διπλό, καταφέραμε να το "γυρίσουμε", όμως έγινε ό,τι έγινε για να μην κερδίσουμε...".
"Δε χάσαμε δίκαια"
Στη συνέχεια, αναφέρθηκε σε πράγματα που μόνο στα ευγενές άθλημα του τένις δε συναντά κανείς. "Ξέρω πως είναι να αγωνίζεσαι εκτός έδρας και είναι δεκτό να υπάρχει κερκίδα. Το παιγνίδι όμως δεν ήταν τίμιο. Οι Βούλγαροι χρησιμοποίησαν όλα τα μέσα για να μας κερδίσουν. Παρενοχλούσαν τόσο τους παίκτες, όσο και εμένα, ρίχνοντάς μας αντικείμενα (τσίχλες και άλλα) και γιουχαΐζοντας, κάτι που αντιτίθεται στους κανονισμούς όταν παίζεται ο πόντος. Μέχρι και παίκτες (σ.σ. Κάνεφ) το έκαναν! Κατάφεραν να μας εκνευρίζουν, λέγοντάς μας "Τούρκους", ενώ και η διαιτησία ήταν απαράδεκτη. Για παράδειγμα, ο Ένεφ, στο παιχνίδι με τον Φώτο, σέρβιρε πατώντας συνεχώς τη γραμμή, όμως η παράβαση δόθηκε μόνο δύο φορές!(The game wasnt fair. The bulgarians used every mean to win. They were throwing stuff to our player and to me(coach) Even the players(kanef) were doing it. They were calling us Turks and the referee were unacceptable.Enef against kallias was stepping the line in his service multiple times but they only gave it fault 2 times). Ξέρουμε να χάνουμε, όμως χρησιμοποιήθηκαν όλα τα μέσα για να μας κλέψουν τη νίκη. Μας ενοχλεί ότι έγιναν 30 φορές παρατηρήσεις τόσο στην κερκίδα, όσο και στους παίκτες για να σταματήσουν, όμως δε δόθηκε ποτέ οδηγία να αποχωρήσει ο οποιοσδήποτε ενοχλητικός... Ένα μεγάλο ευχαριστώ στον κόσμο που μας στήριξε, τους φοιτητές που σπουδάζουν εδώ στη Βουλγαρία. Δυστυχώς δεν τους ικανοποιήσαμε, όμως είναι καλό που το άθλημα αρχίζει επιτέλους να παίρνει την προβολή και το ενδιαφέρον που του αξίζει".

Ξύλο στα αποδυτήρια
Κατά την απόσυρση των ομάδων, δημιουργήθηκε επεισόδιο, όταν ο Κάνεφ επιχείρησε να βιαιοπραγήσει κατά διεθνών μας. Το λόγο ζήτησε ο Πέτρος Παγδατής, ο οποίος χτυπήθηκε από τον Βούλγαρο! Το επεισόδιο αναφέρθηκε στη Βουλγάρα διαιτητή, η οποία είπε ότι θα καταγγείλει και τις δύο ομάδες (!), κάτι που σημαίνει ότι απειλούμαστε με τιμωρία παικτών ή πρόστιμο...(Kaned tried to hit the cypriot players. Eventually he hit marcos brother, Petros. The incident was told to the bulgarian referee, who said that she will make an official accusation for both teams(!!!)

Anw, i saw the game live on tv and i have to say that the linesmen who were Bulgarians were unacceptable. We saw amazing things from them. Thanks god we were playing on clay so the umpire saw most of the wrong calls of them. But in the doubles they really gave the game to their countryman players. I havent see anything like that in my life. Its ok, when they come in cyprus in the future they will se the opposite site of the coin.

kindablue
04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Thank you Pambos!!!

Choupi
04-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the report Pampos.

Aris
04-12-2006, 04:10 PM
We had a good time in Plovdiv despite the downpour on Friday.

We lost because we stupidly gave away the doubles and because Photos was not fit to play 3 matches...Many discussions took place amongst us whether Photos shouldn't have played only doubles and let Petros or Christopher play the two singles matches...a 3-2 win would have been enough.

I don't think the Bulgarian crowd were as bad as we like to make out. In fact, I wish our younger supporters (mainly students) and members of our team (including and especially Marcos), not to use again abusive and bad language chants as they did in Bulgaria. I was not proud of their behaviour.

As for line-judges, it's true somebody should have explained to them what is foot-fault...

kindablue
07-14-2006, 03:49 PM
All the information is here:
http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100007788

I hope Fotos is ok, i would hate it if we lost again
and so would Marcos!
Go Cyprus!

Dimitra
07-16-2006, 06:30 AM
Go Cyprus!!!:D *sends kisses to Cyprus*
Come on Marco!

ΠΑΜΕ ΜΑΡΚΟ!!:D

07-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Pame Marcos :)

Aris
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Yet again it's all on the doubles...I will be violently sick if we have a repeat of the match with Bulgaria. Marcos was serving for the match in the doubles for what would have surely won the tie for Cyprus. He lost his serve, lost the tie-break and the final set 6-0 and the following day we ended up losing the tie 3-2...

Dimitra
07-19-2006, 06:30 AM
egypt is weaker than Bulgaria though!;)

christos
07-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Good luck Cyprus!

supersexynadal
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
OOOOO im gonna see baggy tomorrow!!! Egypt is going DOOOWWWNNN but im just going to see my baggy!!! I cant wait. I think i might faint.

protomis
07-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Does anybody knows whether the matches are on TV

supersexynadal
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Does anybody knows whether the matches are on TV

There were cameramen at the courts today but im not sure if they will only air it in egypt

Aris
07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
99% sure there's no TV coverage in Cyprus...

Dimitra
07-21-2006, 12:50 AM
There were cameramen at the courts today but im not sure if they will only air it in egypt

Yeah?!? ;)
Please!!photos!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
We need you to report here ,all the ..juicy :p details!!!!!! ;) :worship:

kindablue
07-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Marcos won his match 3-0 sets and Christopher Koutrouzas lost his 0-3.
It's again up to the doubles match tomorrow. Our team will be Marcos and
Fotos Kallias.I think it was a good decision not to use Fotos today as he would have lost anyway. I hope Marcos and a rested Fotos can win the doubles!
Go Cyprus!

supersexynadal
07-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah?!? ;)
Please!!photos!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
We need you to report here ,all the ..juicy :p details!!!!!! ;) :worship:

I took a few piks but im using my old camera which sucks coz i lost my charger!! :mad: No juicy details! I just watched him practise for 2 hours and hes just rlly sweet. He was always laughing his goofy laugh :worship: and i was the only one watching so i think he recognizes me now. I hope so! Heres something u might wanna know. When they came onto the practise courts hey were fooling around pinching each others balls(sorry mandoura!)!!!! :eek: I didnt understand what the hell they were saying. Thats about as juicy as it gets! Petros his brother told me happy birthday and complaned to me that hes just famous coz of his brother :sad: Poor thing! As for the rest of the players, fotos is the goofiest and hes always making them laugh. As a group, theyre fun to watch. I was too shy to sa anything to marcos! i dont know what the hell to say! Dimitra I think im gonna ask that cameraman what channel theyre broadcasting for or if hes just filmins for the hell of it.

mandoura
07-22-2006, 09:15 PM
I took a few piks but im using my old camera which sucks coz i lost my charger!! :mad: No juicy details! I just watched him practise for 2 hours and hes just rlly sweet. He was always laughing his goofy laugh :worship: and i was the only one watching so i think he recognizes me now. I hope so! Heres something u might wanna know. When they came onto the practise courts hey were fooling around pinching each others balls(sorry mandoura!)!!!! :eek: I didnt understand what the hell they were saying. Thats about as juicy as it gets! Petros his brother told me happy birthday and complaned to me that hes just famous coz of his brother :sad: Poor thing! As for the rest of the players, fotos is the goofiest and hes always making them laugh. As a group, theyre fun to watch. I was too shy to sa anything to marcos! i dont know what the hell to say! Dimitra I think im gonna ask that cameraman what channel theyre broadcasting for or if hes just filmins for the hell of it.

Why are you apologising to me? :confused: :o :D

kindablue
07-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Marcos and Fotos won the doubles match in straight sets!

kindablue
07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
As expected Cyprus won the tie 3-2 after another Marcos straight sets win!
The key was again the doubles match.

Choupi
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Good job Cyprus. :)

supersexynadal
07-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Mandoura I thought ud find it offensive or something. Nevermind...I was trying to sa it in nice4r words but who cares :p

Todays report baghy fans!!
Better than yesterday! Arrived at 12 to the courts but tere was no practise until 4. So me and my friend went to a mall(coz we live far away from the club so we couldnt go back home) and got some cheering gear. She did a poster and we wore big yellow hats ang got mop ends to use as pom poms :P
We went back to the club and we were coloring aour posters as The cyprus team walked in! Marcos took a look and said oh nice and a thumbs up :D
Baggy won his first match in straight sets but his brother lost the next match but we were still cheering him on. Every five minutes marcos and christopher gave us a thumbs up and smiled! Ater the match, marcos ran to the locker room as about 150 kids followed him shpouting marcos marcos!! He finally got in and his brother came out to me and my friend and asked us if we wanted anything signed and we gave him out poster and he ligned ' i love u too' The poster said i love baggy. Then we froze for and hour!

After their victory, they brought out a big cake and the egyptian coach was giving a speech that no one listened too because all the kids wanted an autograph from marcos and his brother. All i heard from the speech was thank you!! It was strange that marcos didnt give a speech. They congratulated the egyptian players who were playing well and again marcos was bombarded with a wave of kids as he went back to the hotel. I sneekily followed them to the hotel but they didnt see me :p

Mandoura i didnt see u! I only saw ur sister dina. It was great today
Dimitra i asked the cameraman what he was filming and its a documentry on marcos so i hope i can get my hand on it when its released.

mandoura
07-24-2006, 07:08 AM
As expected Cyprus won the tie 3-2 after another Marcos straight sets win!
The key was again the doubles match.

Yes and another thing: Marcos. That was really the key and mind you he was not playing at full gear, just enough to win. Well done Cyprus and congratulations. :bigclap:

Also, well done Egypt :hatoff: . Our team did not SOOOOOOOOO go down. 3-2 is a reasonable result. :)

Anyway, it was great seeing him play live. He is very pleasant overall, specially on court. He knows how to win the audience. It's not just being a pro but rather being genuine, himself. He didn't sign many autographs and ran to the locker room as fast as possible. Many kids were disappointed but Petros made up for it :D . He is as sweet as Marcos. Really nice family. :)

mandoura
07-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Mandoura I thought ud find it offensive or something. Nevermind...I was trying to sa it in nice4r words but who cares :p

I am really at a loss here and do care. What would I find offensive? :confused: :scratch:

Mandoura i didnt see u! I only saw ur sister dina.

I lost my voice after so much screaming the day before and had a terrible backache. I couldn't imagine sitting on those nasty chairs again for 6 hours so I didn't go. I like Baggy a lot but am not obsessed with him like some people :p :lol: . Besides, Tafa had to practice for the upcoming tourney and we were tight for time. :)

BTW, I don't have a sister. She's one of my best friends and her name is not Dina, Dina. :D

sdimitri
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Bravo Cyprus for winning.
I didn´t watch the games but from the result Egypt must have played good as well.
Congragulations for all players

Dimitra
07-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Todays report baghy fans!!
Better than yesterday! Arrived at 12 to the courts but tere was no practise until 4. So me and my friend went to a mall(coz we live far away from the club so we couldnt go back home) and got some cheering gear. She did a poster and we wore big yellow hats ang got mop ends to use as pom poms :P
We went back to the club and we were coloring aour posters as The cyprus team walked in! Marcos took a look and said oh nice and a thumbs up :D
Baggy won his first match in straight sets but his brother lost the next match but we were still cheering him on. Every five minutes marcos and christopher gave us a thumbs up and smiled! Ater the match, marcos ran to the locker room as about 150 kids followed him shpouting marcos marcos!! He finally got in and his brother came out to me and my friend and asked us if we wanted anything signed and we gave him out poster and he ligned ' i love u too' The poster said i love baggy. Then we froze for and hour!

After their victory, they brought out a big cake and the egyptian coach was giving a speech that no one listened too because all the kids wanted an autograph from marcos and his brother. All i heard from the speech was thank you!! It was strange that marcos didnt give a speech. They congratulated the egyptian players who were playing well and again marcos was bombarded with a wave of kids as he went back to the hotel. I sneekily followed them to the hotel but they didnt see me :p

Mandoura i didnt see u! I only saw ur sister dina. It was great today
Dimitra i asked the cameraman what he was filming and its a documentry on marcos so i hope i can get my hand on it when its released.

:yeah:
Thanx a lot supersexynadal!! :hug: :kiss:
And mandoura!Great reports!! :worship: :bigclap:
Wow!You girls are so lucky!!!I want to see,Marcos play too!!! :sobbing: :bounce:
Hahaha..I would probably stop the match by dashing into the court and ...chaining myself to the net!! :p So..they would have to postpone it!One more day,to see Marcos!! :devil: :bowdown: hehehe.. :angel:
Please!If you find any photos post them! ;) :yippee:

Well done to Egypt too!3-2 is great result! :)

supersexynadal
07-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Ok im uploading pics now..

I have a short report for the day they left though and u might like it..
After they won, they were leaving the club and i was looking for christopher and marcos and the rest of them to say goodbye. I didnt catch marcos but i cought chriss and we said goodbye and he told me they were to leave the next day at 2 or 3 pm so if i wanted to pass y the hotel, i could. So Me and hana went the next day and Marcos was sitting in the lobby on the phone and he smiled and waved. the rest had just finished breakfast so chris came and talked to us and marcos as well when he finished talkng on the phone (camille i bet :p ) He asked us y we were cheering for cyprus and my friend said shes british (she really is) and i said the lamest thing :eek: "i hate to see marcos lose!" He said thank u thank u. Sitting in the lobby, they asked us a few questions about egypt and the good places to visit and stuff like that. I asked them about Cyprus and chris is also form Limassol and theyve been best friends for ages. For some reason he asked if i could peak french and i said i could understand but i was too shy to ask if he spoke to camille in french or what (can somone verify?). us random questions like that! I was in a hurry and so were they so tha was the end of it :) I wont complain that the left, i'll take the good memories and save them until egypt plays cyprus again!haha! I said goodbye and c u in madrid and he said hopefully i wont be injured. So thats Marcos. As nice as we all think he is :worship:

Piks-Terrible quality i know! Theyre not worth it but i just uploaded them anyway ;)
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4853/baghdatisdaviscup001dw0.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup001dw0.jpg) http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/2319/baghdatisdaviscup002gt6.th.jpg (http://img346.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup002gt6.jpg) http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3476/baghdatisdaviscup003oo8.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup003oo8.jpg) http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9227/baghdatisdaviscup004ae8.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup004ae8.jpg) http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3595/baghdatisdaviscup005mk5.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup005mk5.jpg) http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3871/baghdatisdaviscup007mb6.th.jpg (http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup007mb6.jpg) http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3719/baghdatisdaviscup009jv7.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup009jv7.jpg) http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/286/baghdatisdaviscup011mi5.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup011mi5.jpg) http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/1696/baghdatisdaviscup029fz9.th.jpg (http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup029fz9.jpg) http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6149/baghdatisdaviscup030bb1.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup030bb1.jpg) http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3189/baghdatisdaviscup031ky4.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup031ky4.jpg) http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8760/baghdatisdaviscup034qt9.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup034qt9.jpg) http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9479/baghdatisdaviscup035cu6.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup035cu6.jpg)

After they won....
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1892/baghdatisdaviscup036ys3.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup036ys3.jpg) http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4340/baghdatisdaviscup043dd5.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup043dd5.jpg) [URL=http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup044wa5.jpg][IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9337/baghdatisdaviscup044wa5.th.jpg

supersexynadal
07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
[/IMG][/URL] http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7039/baghdatisdaviscup046ym2.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup046ym2.jpg)
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9600/baghdatisdaviscup047vu0.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup047vu0.jpg)http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5141/baghdatisdaviscup048tm2.th.jpg (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup048tm2.jpg)http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5387/baghdatisdaviscup050kx7.th.jpg (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup050kx7.jpg)[URL=http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscup050px1.jpg][

landoud
07-26-2006, 06:25 PM
did you have a pic of you with baggy?
if yes plz post it...

supersexynadal
07-26-2006, 08:29 PM
did you have a pic of you with baggy?
if yes plz post it...

yea...This is the one he signed happy birthday on :)

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3370/baghdatisdaviscupxa5.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscupxa5.jpg)

kindablue
07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks supersexynadal for all the reports and pics. I hope Cyprus play Egypt again,
so I can go there ;)

mandoura
07-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Great pix Dina. And your answer was not lame at all :) . Baggy is really really a nice guy. I am happy I saw him live. He was exactly as I expected him to be: Pleasant, simple, genuine and funny. I wish him the best and to Cyprus too. :)

sdimitri
07-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah thanks a lot for the pictures

mandoura
07-27-2006, 08:03 AM
And mandoura!Great reports!! :worship: :bigclap:

You're so sweet Dimitra. Mine weren't real "reports" ;) . Dina's were, on the other hand.

Thank you for your sweet words. :smooch:

And Landoudi :hug:. Missed you. How was the exams' result? Are you happy with them? Should I stop praying now :lol: ?

supersexynadal
07-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks supersexynadal for all the reports and pics. I hope Cyprus play Egypt again,
so I can go there ;)

Im afraid not :sad: Egypt plays zone III and cyprus went up to EUROPE zone II so cryprus needs to lose more and egypt needs to win more!!

supersexynadal
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Mandoura my answer was so lame he knows im a huge fan!! I told him i missed practise to see him and he said i should never do that, unless im really really really really really in love!!! *BLUSHHHHH!!!*

Choupi
07-27-2006, 11:08 AM
For some reason he asked if i could peak french and i said i could understand but i was too shy to ask if he spoke to camille in french or what (can somone verify?).
Thanks for your reports and pics. Glad you had the opportunity to meet Marcos. He's a great guy. Btw, he speaks perfect French, so I suppose he and Camille use French. ;)

landoud
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
yea...This is the one he signed happy birthday on :)

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3370/baghdatisdaviscupxa5.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baghdatisdaviscupxa5.jpg)
well... I knew from Mandu's post that your real name is Dina
so I'll use it now.... Happy (belated) Birthday... obviousely you had some great time to remember.... too bad I didn't manage to come as I had some stuff from job interviews to finishing paper work at collage , pharmacy training and so on
I wish I went ... but anyway I'm happy for you that you've been able to reach him and talk to him... that's a wonderful thing
may be I can come next time
Linda

supersexynadal
07-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your reports and pics. Glad you had the opportunity to meet Marcos. He's a great guy. Btw, he speaks perfect French, so I suppose he and Camille use French. ;)
Oooooo..I wanna hear him speak french! :angel: :p .....I wanna go back and ask him to speak in french!!

Choupi
08-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Oooooo..I wanna hear him speak french! :angel: :p .....I wanna go back and ask him to speak in french!!
Just found this interview of Marcos in French. It's dubbed in English but you can hear him speak French. Hope you enjoy it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IDCAqsgxL8

supersexynadal
08-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Just found this interview of Marcos in French. It's dubbed in English but you can hear him speak French. Hope you enjoy it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IDCAqsgxL8

Omg how ironic?? i cam across this today when i was ramdomly searching an interview for him on youtube! But thanls anyway :D His french is pretty good and im surprised his accent is good as well...

hawk
04-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Europe/Africa Zone Group II 2007 1st Round
Cyprus v Finland
National Tennis Centre, Nicosia, Cyprus
06 Apr - 08 Apr 2007

Preview

National Tennis Centre, Nicosia, Cyprus
Stadium Capacity: 1500
06 April - 08 April 2007
Day 2: 1100 hrs (0800 hrs GMT)
Ball Type: Babolat VS

Teams

Cyprus
Official Team Nominations
Marcos BAGHDATIS
Photos KALLIAS
Petros BAGHDATIS
Christopher KOUTROUZAS
Team Captain
Yiannos HADJIGEORGIOU

Finland
Official Team Nominations
Jarkko NIEMINEN
Timo NIEMINEN
Juho PAUKKU
Tuomas KETOLA
Team Captain
Joakim BERNER

http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100009002

andreas.
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Lets go Cyprus

hawk
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Schedule of play

FRIDAY 6TH APRIL 2007
DAVIS CUP SINGLES (1ST MATCH)
CYPRUS (MARCOS BAGHDATIS)
VS
FINLAND (JUHO PAUKKU)

DAVIS CUP SINGLES (2NDMATCH)
CYPRUS (PHOTOS KALLIAS)
VS
FINLAND (JARKKO NIEMINEN)

SATURDAY 7TH APRIL 2007
DAVIS CUP DOUBLES
CYPRUS (MARCOS BAGHDATIS / PHOTOS KALLIAS)
VS
FINLAND (JARKKO NIEMINEN / TUOMAS KETOLA)

SUNDAY 8TH APRIL 2007
VS
FINLAND (JARKKO NIEMINEN)

DAVIS CUP SINGLES (2ND MATCH)
CYPRUS (PHOTOS KALLIAS)
VS
FINLAND (JUHO PAUKKU)

PamposCypriot
04-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Marcos won 3-0 62 63 76(3)

Rafas_grl
07-13-2007, 06:40 PM
He is back in Cyprus and now training for the Davis Cup against Bulgaria

ALLEZ!

baghdatis
07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
cmon Marco hopefully you succeed in thedoubles aswell this time!!

Baghdatis72
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I have tickets for all the matches and I am going in 45 minutes :woohoo:

My prediction is that Baghdatis will win easily today, Kallias will lose today, M.Baghdatis/P.Baghdatis will lose in the doubles but Baghdatis and Kallias will win their singles matches on Sunday.

Kallias plays Kanev on Sunday who is ranked in the 900's while Kallias is ranked in the 600's. Kanev is having a bad year whereas Kallias is having a good year as far as results are concerned.

I'll take pictures to post here :p

Good luck to our players!!!

baghdatis
07-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I have tickets for all the matches and I am going in 45 minutes :woohoo:

My prediction is that Baghdatis will win easily today, Kallias will lose today, M.Baghdatis/P.Baghdatis will lose in the doubles but Baghdatis and Kallias will win their singles matches on Sunday.

Kallias plays Kanev on Sunday who is ranked in the 900's while Kallias is ranked in the 600's. Kanev is having a bad year whereas Kallias is having a good year as far as results are concerned.

I'll take pictures to post here :p

Good luck to our players!!!

You are the luckiest shit ever!! :o

Baghdatis72
07-20-2007, 08:58 PM
You are the luckiest shit ever!! :o

Not really but it rocks :yeah:

Kallias and Baghdatis both won in straight sets :banana:

7-6 6-1 6-2 for Kallias against Traykov
6-2 6-2 6-2 for Baghdatis against Kanev

2-0 now and it's almost over :worship:

Pics and video coming in 5 minutes ;)

Baghdatis72
07-20-2007, 09:11 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/th_058853e6.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/?action=view&current=058853e6.flv)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/DSC00939-1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/DSC00933.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/DSC00926.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/DSC00939.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/DSC00922.jpg

baghdatis_10
07-21-2007, 09:40 AM
hey everyone im new here so hello to you all lol...when does baghdatis play his doubles match?...o has he already played it because it doesn't say anything about it here in Australia lol

Baghdatis72
07-21-2007, 10:44 AM
hey everyone im new here so hello to you all lol...when does baghdatis play his doubles match?...o has he already played it because it doesn't say anything about it here in Australia lol

The match begins in 5 hours and 15 minutes ;)

christos
07-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Great photos well done! Lot of people in the court!

Baghdatis72
07-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll take better photos on Sunday now that I know how to use the camera :lol:

Rafas_grl
07-21-2007, 08:17 PM
He has done it again along with his friend Photos Kallias!!

With that win, Cyprus won!!!

Congrats great match!!

he ll be playing again tomorrow;)

baghdatis_10
07-22-2007, 03:48 AM
does anyone know of a site where i can check online scores for this?

Baghdatis72
07-22-2007, 02:50 PM
does anyone know of a site where i can check online scores for this?

Livescore no, but this is a good website for the results as soon as they finish:
http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/186,0,0,0-DrawsSchedule.aspx

I'm off to the court now as the match has begun :D

sdimitri
07-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I was there on Sunday and saw Marcos playing.
It was really nice!!!
Well done to Cyprus team for winning Bulgaria!!1

sdimitri
07-23-2007, 08:21 AM
It was really nice!!!
Well done to Cyprus team for winning Bulgaria!!1

sdimitri
07-23-2007, 08:22 AM
It was really nice!!!
Well done to Cyprus team for winning Bulgaria!!:D :D :D

Baghdatis72
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
It was really nice!!!
Well done to Cyprus team for winning Bulgaria!!:D :D :D

I was there too :D

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/th_dad9c351.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/Longdead72/?action=view&current=dad9c351.flv)

askimwos
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
According to Cypriot newspapers Andrew Thomas will be playing under the Cypriot flag in the coming years. The 17 year old Andrew Thomas, born in Sydney, of Greek Cypriot parents is currently no.23 in the ITF juniors rankings.
Andrew was set to play in last weeks Davis Cup tie but some bureucratic processess could not be completed in time for him to play against Bulgaria.
The chairman of the Cyprus Tennis Federation stated in an interview that provided that there will not be any problems with Andrews current sponsorship deal (expires in July 2008)we may see Andrew competing in the American Open under the Cypriot flag.

Here are some links refering to the 17 year old Andrew Thomas:

http://www.hellenictennis.org.au/andrew-thomas/index.php
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=17465

for the Greek speaking member:
http://www.protathlima.com/content/sport/index.jsp?id=11381&sport_id=3

Baghdatis72
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I heard about this kid when I went to the Davis Cup tie on Friday. The Fields club president and some other people where discussing about it behind the North stand where the Wilson products were situated.
If he keeps it up and they manage to take him for the Davis Cup team then having Marcos, Kallias and Thomas will make a great team :banana:

We will definitely make it to Group I in 2-3 years with such a team :p

baghdatis
07-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Yep I have heard of him here in Australia! He has so much talent! He is currently rnked inside the top 50 of the Tennis Australia Rankings Which includes all of Australia's top players like hewitt and Guccione!

Baghdatis72
07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Yep I have heard of him here in Australia! He has so much talent! He is currently rnked inside the top 50 of the Tennis Australia Rankings Which includes all of Australia's top players like hewitt and Guccione!

Wow that's really impressive and exciting :woohoo:

baghdatis_10
07-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if Andrew Thomas will be playing for Cyprus or Australia?

askimwos
07-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Yiannos said the other day on a radio interview that a deal between the Cyprus Tennis Federation and Andrew Thomas regarding his sponsorsip was very close and that the most likely scenario is to see Andrew playing as a Cypriot.

H_E_L_L_A_S
08-06-2007, 06:31 AM
anything happened with this situation

Zirconek
07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Baghdatis won't play against Portugal

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=14618

Baghdatis pulls out
Marcos Baghdatis has notified the Cyprus Tennis Federation (CTF) that he won’t be making himself available for selection for his countries tie against Portugal on July 18 - 20.

Having previously knocked out Slovenia, Cyprus, who rely almost entirely on Baghdatis when they compete in the Davis Cup, they take on favourites Portugal, with a place in the Europe/Africa Zone Group 1 up for grabs.

World no. 25 Baghdadis made an early exit from Wimbledon this week after his defeat by Feliciano Lopez.
He was quoted in Cyprus's Politis daily earlier in the week as saying he was pulling out of the Davis Cup because of other commitments, but would not be quitting the team indefinitely.

"This difficult decision was taken after serious consideration because of my heavy schedule," the paper said, quoting a written statement from the player.

Baghdatis is due to participate in the U.S. Open, the Beijing Olympics and tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati.

"I believe that his decision has been the result of his disappointment of having exited Wimbledon in the early stages but also because of his slip down the ATP rankings", said CTF President Filios Christodoulou.

"This is definitely a shock for us because we didn't expect a decision like this from Marcos. Had we known about this six months ago then we could have maybe arranged other alternatives but with ten days to go before we travel to Portugal, it has definitely come as a blow."

"I respect his decision despite the disappointment."

Baghdatis#1
02-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Marcos will play for Cyprus next weekend :woohoo:

Pame Kipro!!!!:rocker2:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
R1 - P.KALLIAS (CYP) v. F.GIL (POR)
R2 - M.BAGHDATIS (CYP) v. R.MACHADO (POR)
R3 - M.BAGHDATIS / P.KALLIAS (CYP) v. F.GIL / L.TAVARES (POR)
R4 - M.BAGHDATIS (CYP) v. F.GIL (POR)
R5 - P.KALLIAS (CYP) v. R.MACHADO (POR)
Pame!:rocker2:

Ivanatis
03-06-2009, 05:36 AM
hmmm it should be all about the doubles match who will succeed here

Baghdatis#1
03-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Marcos beat Machado 6/3 7/5 6/4:woohoo:
Gil beat Kallias 6/0 6/2 6/1:tape:

Baghdatis#1
03-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Cyprus won the doubles 6-1 in the fifth:woohoo:
2-1 CYP now:banana:

Pame!!!

Ivanatis
03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
vital win:worship:
Kallias won't defeat Machado, so it's all about Baggy - Gil

schorsch
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Baggy won his match against Gil 62 75 62 if I remember correctly, I dont know.
The last rubber is being played (some juniors) now...

I will upload the deciding match Baggy vs Gil today, so look out for that!!! :)

Baghdatis#1
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Marcos:worship:

Ivanatis
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
yes:D well done

schorsch
03-08-2009, 10:21 PM
ATP.2009.DavisCup.R1.CYP.vs.POR.Baghdatis.vs.Gil.G RE.mkv

http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=2463

http://t3nnis.tv/torrents/images/2463.png

As promised there it is, the deciding match of the tie Cyprus vs Portugal :p

Enjoy :D !

Baghdatis#1
03-09-2009, 12:11 AM
schorsch:bowdown:

Was it on Greek TV?
I know that Rik SAT exists in Greece. Channel 24 in Athens right?:p

schorsch
03-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Well, on cypr. channel as Rik suggests (rik = cyp. version of et1 ert net etc -> kratiko kanali kypros) and as they watch greek channels mega ant1 etc help out in some of the sports events. it wasnt on greek tv though, not on supersport not on ert nowhere, just on cyp. tv.

i dont know about athen's tv channels.

Baghdatis#1
03-09-2009, 01:54 AM
^Oh, okay. Thanks;)
I thought it was strange that they would show it in Greece. Tennis doesn't get that much attention, as mostly Eurosport and Supersport show it sometimes, but I wouldn't expect this tie to be shown. :topic:, I know, but where are you in Greece? Just curious;)

*Raine
03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
ATP.2009.DavisCup.R1.CYP.vs.POR.Baghdatis.vs.Gil.G RE.mkv

http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=2463

http://t3nnis.tv/torrents/images/2463.png

As promised there it is, the deciding match of the tie Cyprus vs Portugal :p

Enjoy :D !

schorsch
03-09-2009, 05:53 PM
:) Np.

Baghdatis#1
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Next tie:
Ireland @ Cyprus July 10-12

MarcosBaghdatis
06-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Marcos is hopeful of being able to represent Cyprus in its Davis Cup clash with Ireland from 10-12 July, despite suffering stretched ligaments in the fall he had at the Ordina Open last week.

Baghdatis#1
07-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Marcos is playing:D
He won today against Sorenson, but it wasn't pretty:scared:
6-7 6-4 3-6 7-5 6-4:scared:
But he needed help from the trainer:scared:

Baghdatis#1
07-11-2009, 04:14 AM
And Kallias won the first set, lost the second and retired in third against Niland:scared:
So it's 1-1. Doubles tomorrow, and both Marcos and Photos are scheduled to play:unsure:

Baghdatis#1
07-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Νίκη με τη βοήθεια του γιατρού
http://tennisnews.gr/images/news_images/Bagdatis/marcos-doctor.jpg

Συνεχίζοντας την παράδοση που θέλει τον Μάρκο Παγδατή να κερδίζει σε αγώνες Davis Cup, ο κύπριος πρωταθλητής, παίζοντας με τεράστια ψυχικά αποθέματα, κέρδισε μετά απο ένα συγκλονιστικό ματς, τον πρώτο αγώνα της ημέρας σε πέντε σετ, 6-7, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5, 6-4.

Ο Μάρκος, ο οποίος υπέφερε απο πόνους στο γόνατο στο 5-3 του πρώτου σετ, έχασε το πρώτο σετ στο "tie-break" απέναντι στο Ιρλανδό Λούκ Σόρενσεν. Το δεύτερο σετ τέλειωσε υπέρ του Παγδατή με σκορ 6-4, μετά και απο ιατρικό "time-out" στο 1-0.

Στο τρίτο σετ, η απόδοση του Ιρλανδού ανέβηκε κατακόρυφα, παίζοντας πολύ σταθερό και γρήγορο τένις, κερδίζοντας και το σετ με 6-3, μετά και απο δεύτερο ιατρικό "time-out" για τον Παγδατή. Στο τέταρτο και πέμπτο σετ, ο Μάρκος κατάφερε να επιβληθεί αν και δεν μπορούσε να κινηθεί όπως θα ήθελε μέσα στο γήπεδο και πήρε την πρώτη νίκη για την Κύπρο κερδίζοντας τα 2 τελευταία σετ με 7-5 και 6-4, δίνοντας το έναυσμα για πανηγυρισμούς στο στο κεντρικό γήπεδο του Εθνικού Κέντρου Τένις.

Σε δηλώσεις του ο Μάρκος τόνισε την κρισιμότητα του αυριανού αγώνα, κάνοντας έκκληση προς τον κόσμο να έρθει στο γήπεδο και να υποστηρίξει την Κυπριακή ομάδα, στο δύσκολο αγώνα του διπλού, ο οποίος σίγουρα θα είναι και ο πλέον καθοριστικός αγώνας, αγώνας ο οποίος ίσως κρίνει και τον νικητή της συνάντησης.

"...σίγουρα δεν έπαιξα το καλύτερο μου τένις σήμερα επειδή όπως είδατε υπέφερα κατά διαστήματα απο αρκετούς πόνους στο πόδι...το πρόβλημα στο αριστερό γόνατο δεν ήταν πολύ σοβαρό όμως δεν μου επέτρεπε να κινηθώ σωστά και να παίξω γρήγορο τένις...η αστάθεια στο πόδι σίγουρα επιδρούσε αρνητικά στην αυτοπεποίθηση μου μέσα στον αγώνα...οι καιρικές συνθήκες ήταν πολύ δύσκολες στην αρχή και έφεραν και την ανάλογη κούραση σε κάποια διαστήματα...ο αντίπαλος μου έπαιξε πολύ καλό τένις, χωρίς βεβιασμένα λάθη απο τη βασική γραμμή και σίγουρα έπρεπε να βρώ τις λύσεις για να κερδίσω τον αγώνα...έχω αρκετό χρόνο μπροστά μου να ξεκουραστώ για τον πολύ σημαντικό αγώνα του διπλού αύριο, τον οποίο αν κερδίσουμε, θα πάρουμε σοβαρό προβάδισμα...ευελπιστώ οτι όλος ο κόσμος θα βρεθεί δίπλα μας στο Εθνικό Κέντρο, υποστηρίζοντας την ομάδα μας..." δήλωσε ο Πρωταθλητής μας στην διάσκεψη τύπου.

Η Κύπρος παίζει με την Ιρλανδία στο δεύτερο γύρο του Davis Cup αυτό το Σαββατοκύριακο. Ο Μάρκος επιστρέφει μετά τον τραυματισμό του στον αγώνα με τον Raemon Sluiter στο Ordina Open. Ένας τραυματισμός που πόνεσε πολύ την ψυχολογία του Μάρκου, αλλά του έδωσε και τη δυνατότητα να ανασυνταχτεί.

Ο Φώτος Καλλίας θα υποδεχτεί ως δεύτερος παίκτης στα μονά για την Κύπρο και θα αντιμετωπίσει τον Ιρλανδό Conor Niland. Ο Μάρκος και ο Καλλίας θα ενώσουν τις δυνάμεις τους στα διπλά εναντίον του James McGee και του Colin O’Brien, πριν από τους επαναληπτικούς των μονών την Κυριακή, όπου ο Μάρκος θα παίξει και πάλι πρώτος.

Baghdatis#1
07-11-2009, 04:54 AM
http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/irel_3.jpg

http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/irel_6.jpg

schorsch
07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
R3 - M.BAGHDATIS / P.KALLIAS (CYP) def. J.MCGEE / C.O'BRIEN (IRL)
6-2 5-7 6-2 6-2

:banana:

Baghdatis#1
07-12-2009, 06:21 AM
:woohoo:

schorsch
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM

VS
IRELAND (CONOR NILAND)

RESULT: 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 CYPRUS

It was must have been tough playing not being 100% fit, but at least they got the win :D

Next up: Finland

Baghdatis#1
07-21-2009, 04:26 AM
So happy for Cyprus!:woohoo:

Baghdatis#1
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Cyprus 1-1 Finland ;)

Baghdatis#1
09-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Nieminen d. Kallias 62 61 60 :(
Baghdatis d. Kontinen 63 63 62 :D

Baghdatis#1
09-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Saturday:
Kontinen/Nieminen vs. Baghdatis/Kallias

Baghdatis#1
09-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Sunday:
Nieminen vs. Baghdatis
Kontinen vs. Kallias

schorsch
09-19-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/IMG_4699_1.jpg

http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/IMG_4688_2.jpg

http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/IMG_5022_press7.jpg

Baghdatis#1
09-20-2009, 12:45 AM
They lost the doubles 7-5 in the third after winning the first two sets :bigcry:

Baghdatis#1
09-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the pics ;)

Baghdatis#1
09-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Marcos beat Nieminen 75 63 36 64 so it's all up to Kallias now ;)

JMG
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
The mp of Baghdatis vs Nieminen is in this clip:

http://www.yle.fi/media/asxgene.php?file=tvurheilu/Tennis_-_Kontinen_Suomen_sankari_Davis_Cupissa.wmv

Baghdatis#1
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Baghdatis#1
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
http://tennisnews.gr/greek-tennis/regional/2800-davis-cup-cyprus

Baghdatis#1
02-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Cyprus vs. Egypt
Group II, Europe/Africa 2010
1st Round
"Spyros Kyprianou" Athletic Centre, Limassol
Stadium Capacity: 5,860
05 March - 07 March 2010
Day 1: 1600 hrs (1500 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1600 hrs (1500 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1200 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (Acrylic) - Indoors
Ball Type: Babolat VS

Cyprus: Marcos Baghdatis, Photos Kallias, Philippos Tsangaridis, Rares Cuzdriorean
Egypt: Karim Maamoun, Sherif Sabry, Mohamed Mamoun, Mohamed Safwat

Baghdatis#1
03-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Line-up:
R1 - R.CUZDRIOREAN (CYP) v. K.MAAMOUN (EGY)
R2 - M.BAGHDATIS (CYP) v. S.SABRY (EGY)
R3 - M.BAGHDATIS / P.KALLIAS (CYP) v. K.MAAMOUN / S.SABRY (EGY)
R4 - M.BAGHDATIS (CYP) v. K.MAAMOUN (EGY)
R5 - R.CUZDRIOREAN (CYP) v. S.SABRY (EGY)

Why not Kallias for singles?

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Score updates?

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Stream here (http://iptv.cytanet.com.cy/daviscup)
Who won the first rubber?

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
*1-0 :banana:
The seats are so empty :o

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
2-0* :woohoo:
Marcos is just too good for this guy :shrug:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
*2-1 :o
Marcos shouldn't lose any games against this guy :shrug:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:04 PM
http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/draw_4_7.jpg

http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/draw_4_1.jpg

http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/draw_4_3.jpg

http://www.cyprustennis.com/main/data/draw_4_6.jpg

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:09 PM
2-2* :help:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
*3-2 :yeah:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
4-2* :aparty:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:19 PM
*5-2 :banana:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
First set 6-2! :woohoo:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Egypt won the first rubber in three sets :mad:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
*0-1 :sad:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
1-1* :)

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
*2-1 :clap2:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
3-1* :bigclap:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:41 PM
*4-1 :bowdown:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
5-1* :worship:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Marcos takes second set 6-1! :D

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
1-0* ;)

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 06:01 PM
*2-0 :cool:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 06:03 PM
3-0* :rocker2:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
*4-0 :bounce:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 06:11 PM
4-1* :tears:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
*5-1 :rocker:

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2010, 06:19 PM
GSM Baghdatis 6-2 6-1 6-1 :sport:
Cyprus 1-1 Egypt ;)

Ivanatis
03-06-2010, 04:55 AM
all about the doubles:scratch:

Baghdatis72
03-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I watched the first match too and Rares didn't play too bad but he hit loads of unforced errors at times.
I wonder why they didn't allocate Kallias to play against Mammoun instead of Rares.

Baghdatis72
03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
They won in straight sets so now leading 2-1 in the rubber :)

Baghdatis#1
03-07-2010, 03:15 AM

Ivanatis
03-07-2010, 01:22 PM
:yeah:

Baghdatis#1
03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
He won 6-1 6-2 6-3 today and Cyprus moves on :woohoo:
Will face Portugal next for the third straight year :lol:

Baghdatis72
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
He won 6-1 6-2 6-3 today and Cyprus moves on :woohoo:
Will face Portugal next for the third straight year :lol:

It will come down to the doubles again.

Baghdatis#1
05-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Marcos said that he would rather win Wimbledon than Davis Cup :speakles:

Baghdatis72
05-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Marcos said that he would rather win Wimbledon than Davis Cup :speakles:

What did you expect? There is absolutely no chance he ever wins Davis Cup without a second top 100 player playing for Cyprus. To win Wimbledon there is a very small chance like 0.5%. If he keeps playing like this he won't come close to winning anything.

Baghdatis#1
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Maybe he should play for Greece with Eco and have a chance :p
Just kidding of course :lol:

Baghdatis72
05-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Maybe he should play for Greece with Eco and have a chance :p
Just kidding of course :lol:

Economides is better than the other Cypriot Davis Cup players.

Baghdatis#1
05-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Yeah, but I was kidding about Marcos playing for Greece :p

jpatatsos
07-10-2010, 07:51 AM
does anyone know why baghdatis isn't representing cyprus against portugal in the davis cup.
cyprus and currently 2-0 down in rubbers and unfortunately can't win without marcos!

Baghdatis#1
07-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Now it's 3-0 :sobbing:
He said that he wouldn't play and I understand his decision. Kallias has a serious injury and he can't play. Without him, Baggy would win singles but Cyprus would lose doubles. But then again the tie is on clay in Portugal, so who knows if Marcos would even win both singles matches especially since he's in horrible form. Plus, Marcos needs some time off to find his form again and he really needed a rest since he's played almost every week since the beginning of the year :shrug:. He's only had two weeks off this whole year (not counting two week tournaments where he lost in the first week) :shrug:

jpatatsos
07-12-2010, 04:42 AM
very true!
lets hope marcos comes back with the form that saw him defeat roger federer on the hard courts.
at least he held his nerve in that match!

Baghdatis#1
09-15-2010, 03:36 AM
No more Davis Cup for him...
http://tennis24.gr/content/view/6460/88/lang,el/

I kinda agree with him :shrug:. I think he'll just come back every year for the EA G2 play-off to keep them in G2 :shrug:

Baghdatis#1
03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
He will not play against Hungary :p
But he needs to play once in 2011 or 2012 to play in the Olympics ;)

Sonja1989
03-04-2011, 06:00 AM
He will not play against Hungary :p
But he needs to play once in 2011 or 2012 to play in the Olympics ;)

:) Isn't problem, Indian Wells/Miami much more important. :)

Baghdatis#1
03-05-2011, 05:02 AM
^You just say that because you're Hungarian and you want them to win :o

Sonja1989
03-05-2011, 10:23 AM
^You just say that because you're Hungarian and you want them to win :o

I don't want to lie, maybe, but Marcos don't get point for Davis Cup and the best for him, if he training America now. :)
I think Marcos has nice chance in Indian Wells and Miami. :)

Baghdatis#1
03-06-2011, 02:00 AM
^It's okay :lol:
Cyprus would've lost anyways because I think Photos Kallias retired so Marcos wouldn't have a great doubles partner :sad:

But yeah Cyprus lost 3-0 :sad:
But Cuzdriorean won 11 games against Kellner, great for him :yeah:. I remember last year against Egypt he played really well and in the end lost 3-6 4-6 5-7 or something like that, but he was still really great :yeah:

dinkulpus
03-07-2011, 10:49 PM
It will be a very interesting tie if he and Grigor play for Davis Cup in July ... :D

Baghdatis#1
03-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Cyprus lost 5-0 :hug:
Now at Bulgaria...

Y.S.
05-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Marcos has confirmed his participation in the tie against Bulgaria
http://www.cyprustennissociety.com/Πρόσωπο-με-πρόσωπο/Συνεντεύξεις/Baghdatis-interview-jm-Kathimerini.html

Baghdatis#1
06-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Well that's good because he's needed :yeah:

Baghdatis#1
07-29-2011, 12:57 AM
http://baghdatis.com/articles/view/marcos-to-play-in-davis-cup-tie-1

Baghdatis#1
07-29-2011, 12:58 AM
http://baghdatis.com/articles/view/davis-cup-tie-finely-poised-1

Baghdatis#1
07-29-2011, 12:58 AM
http://baghdatis.com/articles/view/cyprus-wins-gripping-doubles-tie-1