Aleksa's Laydee
05-12-2004, 11:52 AM
hey :wavey:
does any one have wimbie tickets yet??
i do :yippee:
what days are you going to go :D

joeb_uk
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
im going down my tennis club today to enter my name for some tickets, they have 15 pairs of tickets for centre and court 1. but you have to put your name into a draw for that day. and you can only get one day, hopefully ill win some

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2004, 03:10 PM
I have finals day tickets for the mens, first time I entered the ballot as well. :D

I might also go to some of the early rounds, do a bit of queueing, depends on how my exam schedule pans out {and on money of course}.

What days you got tickets for Fishfan?

Aleksa's Laydee
05-13-2004, 06:06 PM
i got court 2 and centre court tickets for middle saturday, we share the centre ones with the others in our group. and i'm also going to queue on the 2nd monday :yeah:

Ballbuster
05-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum. Anyways i'm traveling to London in June and I will attempt to queue for wimbledon seats for the first monday and tuesday. How early do i have to get there to get a) centre court seats or b) grounds passes?

joeb_uk
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
wow long trip, apparently ive heard you should get there for for 6am, for ground passes. ill just find a thread that will help you

joeb_uk
05-16-2004, 09:44 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=9266

PinkFeatherBoa
05-16-2004, 10:56 PM
You are usually looking at an overnight queue for any Centre court tickets and ,as Joeb said, about 6am for Ground passes {though on the first couple of days I found joining the queue at 8am in the past to be early enough).

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Hey gbpgbp02! Welcome to MTF :)

Well, joeb already filled you in on the link of the thread I started. I am planning on queueing for the early days myself, so that I can watch my favourite players (some will be seeded, but low seeds and some will be unseeded) and maybe some doubles action too (if anyone knows what day the doubles competition starts, please share ;)). I am not pinning any dates done, as I know the weather can be quite changeable. But I am aiming at going on Monday and Tuesday/Wednesday. If I really enjoy myself, I will go those three days. I will also be going to Roehampton for two days of action in the qualifying tournament. I am really looking forward to it :)

Are you travelling alone too GB?

Ballbuster
05-17-2004, 06:58 PM
no, my mummy's going with me. she's paying for everything. My real name is Clint and if you want to find me look for a skinny white american with a short hispanic mother. Thanx CooCoocachoo

to people who live in england: what places should i see in london in my 5-pre-wimbledon travel days.

joeb_uk
05-17-2004, 08:14 PM
nice coocy, i like the idea of going to the early rounds. do you think you will be able to buy grounds passes beforehand? i want to go, but not to queue up. because id have to get there early, which means i cant travel just for the day! maybe an online site, will sell them, but that will be so much!!

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2004, 07:01 AM
No, you cannot buy ground passes beforehand, at least that's what I've heard. So that means queueing for me. If you want to go, I guess you'd have to queue too.. I will be in London itself, so I should have no trouble getting to the venue in time, not even that early.

joeb_uk
05-18-2004, 07:58 PM
ok thanks coocy! still going to the quallies and surbiton juniors?

*Ljubica*
05-21-2004, 10:16 PM
no, my mummy's going with me. she's paying for everything. My real name is Clint and if you want to find me look for a skinny white american with a short hispanic mother. Thanx CooCoocachoo

to people who live in england: what places should i see in london in my 5-pre-wimbledon travel days.

Well there is so much to choose from Clint - but the Tower of London is great if you like history, Oxford Street if you like shopping, and most people enjoy Madame Tussauds (the waxwork museum). Take a walk over Westminster Bridge (preferably early in the morning when it's quiet), and watch the sun rise over the Thames - you have the City on one side and the Houses of Parliament and "Big Ben" on the other! Oh and your Mum will probably enjoy Harrods and Harvey Nicholls department stores in Knightsbridge -hope that helps.

Oh and CooCooCachoo - the doubles usually start on the first Wednesday - weather permitting! Long range forecasts here say the first week of Wimbledon is set to be OK - but bad in the second week.

Ballbuster
05-22-2004, 05:51 AM
Thanx Rosie. I'll be hitting the Wimbledon Museum and gift shop the wednesday before the championships, and I guess I'll have to get some strawberries and cream at Cafe Centre court.

Which day trip is best from London?

Stratford and Oxford; Stonehenge and Bath; Leeds Castle and Canterbury

CooCooCachoo
05-22-2004, 07:26 AM
ok thanks coocy! still going to the quallies and surbiton juniors?

Qualies some days I think; not juniors.

Thanks Rosie :) I never believe forecasts.. First Wednesday is a bit of a tough day, actually, as I am planning on leaving that day. :(

joeb_uk
05-22-2004, 05:24 PM
:) I just got a phone call from my tennis club, i won some tickets in the draw! thursday centre court, 1st week 39£ each. nice!

PinkFeatherBoa
05-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Well done Joeb.:) I had to enter the standard public ballot this year as I'm between tennis clubs still:(, but I shouldn't complain, row A men finals tickets will do me. :)

Which day trip is best from London?

Stratford and Oxford; Stonehenge and Bath; Leeds Castle and Canterbury

:wavey: It depends what you are after really. Oxford has a really nice atmostphere and is full of history and is quaint. It is reletively easy to get to from London as well, last time I went there, I went by coach from Victoria costing about £8 return and the journey was only about an hour and a half.
Stonehenge and Bath are also really nice, however they are quite a bit further I think and a little harder to get to, although Bath is a very quaint place (they have some really fascinating old bath houses too). I''ve never been to Leeds Castle but I know it's meant to be very interesting and Canterbury is another, lovely historical city.

I would personally go for the Oxford and Stratford trip out of those three, but of course only you can decide. ;) Hope this helps.

joeb_uk
05-22-2004, 08:41 PM
lol, damn man. how are you lucky enough to get those?

CooCooCachoo
05-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Can someone tell me whether it is possible to watch the practising of the main draw players during the qualifying event? As qualies are being played in Roehampton, I take it the practising just takes place at Wimbledon itself? Is there any chance seeing that (can you get into the Wimbly grounds then?)?

joeb_uk
05-23-2004, 10:45 AM
ok just collected my tickets, they are staircase 11 and row t. is this really far back?

joeb_uk
05-23-2004, 10:54 AM
http://www.wimbledon.com/images/about/ccourt07.jpg

anyway, i will probably being going to watch the outside courts!

joeb_uk
05-23-2004, 04:41 PM
btw, i know as i have a centre court ticket i can go to any other court. but will there be seats avaliable if i want to go to outside courts for sure? or do you just have to go and try your luck?

PinkFeatherBoa
05-23-2004, 04:44 PM
With outside courts {3-19} its a case of first come, first served.:)

joeb_uk
05-23-2004, 04:46 PM
so ill have to just watch centre really! i see centre starts like 1.30 hours after the outside courts. what about court 1, are there many seats for that?

PinkFeatherBoa
05-23-2004, 05:02 PM
You won't be able to watch any action on court one sadly as all the seats there are reserved. However should you want to, I'm sure you'll be able to get seats on any of the outside courts fairly easily. At least that has been my experience in the past anyway.

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/about/ccourt01.jpg

There's my view.

joeb_uk
05-23-2004, 05:06 PM
nice and close feather! i do prefer the angle from behind tho, but i suppose you cant get it all!

so you do think there is a chance to get a place on the outside courts? what time would i have to go in? i can always go to center after, if i get a seat on the outside.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah I suppose the view from behind would be nicer but I can't complain.

For seats at the outside courts during the first week if you want good seats going up to 12pm should be fine. Once when i had ground passes, I came in as late as half three and still got 2nd row seats on Court 3, so I'm sure you won't have too much of a problem.

joeb_uk
05-23-2004, 06:59 PM
ok thanks, hopefully ill be fine!

Aleksa's Laydee
05-23-2004, 09:29 PM
centre court is so amazing, i have tickets for that court and court 2 :D:D

CooCooCachoo
05-24-2004, 05:58 AM
I'll just ask again ;):

Can someone tell me whether it is possible to watch the practising of the main draw players during the qualifying event? As qualies are being played in Roehampton, I take it the practising just takes place at Wimbledon itself? Is there any chance seeing that (can you get into the Wimbly grounds then?)?

Aleksa's Laydee
05-25-2004, 09:27 PM
dont think so but not 100% sure

CooCooCachoo
05-26-2004, 07:14 AM
I didn't think so either, but I can still hope ;)

Goonergal
05-28-2004, 12:52 PM
I got tickets through the ballot for the Mixed doubles final lol.

joeb_uk
05-28-2004, 01:06 PM
lol

Ballbuster
06-14-2004, 04:14 AM
hey guys, I'm leaving for London in about 17 hours. I'll be riding the London eye at 7pm tuesday. Any last minute info for wimbie tickets? Wish me luck in the Queue

Ballbuster
06-14-2004, 04:16 AM
I'll buy your wimbie tickets for five pounds each.
just call the days inn waterloo