Commitments [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Commitments

lizabeth..*
05-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Federer
Roddick
Safin

They are the only confirmed players so far....

CooCooCachoo
05-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Probably Udomchoke and Srichaphan too?! I seriously almost wrote down Tanasugarn, but I don't think she'd stand a chance ;)

~EMiLiTA~
06-13-2004, 02:47 PM
I heard Moya is coming too

sara-chaz
06-15-2004, 10:06 AM
i can't wait to see the whole commitments , cos i go there or not depends on it

~EMiLiTA~
06-21-2004, 05:31 PM
I will probably be going again too...I know the guy who owns the tournament and those are the only people he's told me so far...seems like a pretty good field though, even better than last year

Toppu
07-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Here's the latest news from Bangkok.
I've heard from TV today that top players participating in this tournament include
- Federer
- Roddick
- Safin
- Moya
- Dent
They all confirmed to play.But the whole list is to be announced. Srichaphan and Danai U. will be included in the list surely.

sara-chaz, are you going to my town ?
Anyway the ticket prize is higher than last year.

Qualify 300 Baht
Main Draw Monday-Thursday 2 sessions : 500 / 800 Baht each
Friday-Sunday : 800 / 1,200 Baht

1,200 Baht is around 30 US dollars. It may not be expensive for you. But for most people in Thailand it is very expensive. But I hope I will get free tickets. You may not know this. Last year 80% of the seats is reserved for complimentary tickets. This is my country. Those 20% who paid for their seats cannot choose seat. First come , first serve. And it's a very big arena with 2 courts. This year there will be only 1 court in the arena but they will add another show court in nearby exhibition hall and 2 more as practice courts. Hopefully tennis fans can get closer to the players.

TommyRgirl , I really like your photo with JCF. You look nice with him.

threnody77
07-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new in this forum.

I'm planning to watch the Thailand Open coming September. I don't know where to buy tickets in advance (except at Thaiticketmaster.com which accdg. to their website, they will start selling on Sept 1st). Since I comprise 20% of the population who buy their own tickets, I'm worried I won't secure a seat when I get there which would be too bad considering I came all the way from the Philippines just to watch, don't u think? :)

Any suggestion where I can buy tickets in advance? Also, what hotel in Bangkok is the most affordable and closest to the venue (Impact Arena)?

~EMiLiTA~
07-14-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm also going to be at the tournament...I'm not sure about the ticket situation because I don't buy them but as far as the hotel goes...the arena is quite far out of the city so I don't know if you'll be able to stay very close by

Toppu
07-14-2004, 05:06 PM
well, threnody77. Don't worry about the ticket and seat availability. Last year was the very first year, the local organizer didn't have much experience. BUT you should be hurry if you want Final round tickets. And I do not recommend you to stay in any place nearby the venue. Actually the closest hotel is too far anyway. Most fans want to stay close to players' hotel, Dusit Thani. By the way we can book tickets now at ThaiTicketMaster booths in BKK.

threnody77
07-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks Toppu for your input. I hope I have more money so that I could stay at Dusit Hotel :)

I can't book tickets at online because the ThaiTicketMaster site says it will be available for public sale on September yet :(

Are there any other option where to buy tickets?

Toppu
07-17-2004, 10:04 AM
well no other alternatives yet.

~EMiLiTA~
07-27-2004, 02:56 PM
ok...I know we've mentioned all these people before but I'm just posting this since the first acceptances are officially on the tournament site now:

Marat Safin (RUS)
Roger Federer (SUI)
Carlos Moya (ESP) *I'm not sure if he'll play though because he's going to be in Beijing and then has to go back to Spain for the Davis Cup and I don't know if he'll come all the way back to Asia again...
Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
Taylor Dent (USA)
Andy Roddick (USA)

That's it for the moment...

threnody77
07-29-2004, 04:01 AM
Does somebody here knows how many minutes away is the Impact Arena (Thailand Open venue) from First Hotel in Bangkok? In case nobody knows where that hotel is, can you approximate how many minutes is the travel time from the city proper? I'm currently looking into what hotel I'm gonna book (though Dusit Hotel is closer to the venue as well as where most players are going to stay, it's way out my budget)

:)

~EMiLiTA~
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Well, I'm not sure where the First Hotel is but I know that from the Dusit Thani (also in the city centre...Rama IV road) it takes about 40 min by car...but it also depends on the traffic of course! So if you can't stay there, don't worry because the location is no advantage when it comes to being near Impact Arena

iloveguille
09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
First hotel on Petchburi Road? If so, it's also in the city so it'll take approximately the same as from Dusit Thani.

Daniel
09-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Rogi :yeah: