Tommy to play in the Pilot Pen Tournament? New Haven, Ct. - Aug. 20 - 26, 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy to play in the Pilot Pen Tournament? New Haven, Ct. - Aug. 20 - 26, 2007

07-07-2007, 04:56 AM
I read an article where the Director of the Pilot Pen said Tommy's agent had called her and asked her to save a WC for Tommy. Of course, she is very happy that Tommy wants to play there. Tommy must think he is a quick healer or he hopes is he because that Tournament is not really all that far away. Good news may be ;) But, of course, that is the very last Tournament before the U.S. Open :sad: Think of all the points Tommy will have lost :bigcry:

kiwi10is
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Is Pilot Pen the one in New Haven??

TommyB.
07-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Is Pilot Pen the one in New Haven??

Yes New Haven.

Mae was it a new article?

Well Tommy needs match time before New York, if he can't play LA or the Masters-Series.

07-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes New Haven.

Mae was it a new article?

Well Tommy needs match time before New York, if he can't play LA or the Masters-Series.
Sorry I should have put New Haven in the Thread Title :o
I will correct it. Yes it was a new article. Apparently Tommy's Agent called the Pilot Pen Tournament Director shortly after Tommy got injuried at Wimbledon. I guess they are thinking that is the earliest possible time that Tommy can get back. They are holding a WC for Tommy, but that doesn't mean he will be able to play by that time. I think that this is their best guess at this time as to when Tommy can play so they wanted to make sure Tommy had a spot, if indeed he is well enough to play by then.

07-07-2007, 05:03 PM
I checked the Tournament information here at MTF and Tommy was only scheduled to play LA, the Rogers Cup in Canada, and Cincy. That kind of surprised me as I thought he would play in more Tournaments. I guess he could have cut the list down while his shoulder was giving him trouble in which case his name would have already been off lists before they were posted here at MTF. And he has not officially withdrawn from any of the Tournaments he was scheduled to play in :confused: Or let me put it this way, if he has, the withdraws have not shown up yet here at MTF. But I don't see any possible way he could play L.A. which is a real shame since he won it last year :sad:

TommyB.
07-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks Mae. I read something in the NH tournament thread for some weeks. There's a checklist with Tommy's name. Maybe he changed his schedule earlier, and he wanted to play NH anyway. Or like you said, Tommy changed it because of his injury.

I thought he'll play Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Montreal, Cincy and New York (accorting to his website). Tommy received a WC in Indianapolis last year.

kiwi10is
07-07-2007, 10:41 PM
somehow it doesn`t make sense to ask for a wildcard for New Haven because the entry deadline didn`t end yet.... he can still sign in on a normal way if he wants. He didn`t sign in for Indianapolis or Washington. Only LA and the Masters tournaments.

07-09-2007, 05:09 AM
Thanks Mae. I read something in the NH tournament thread for some weeks. There's a checklist with Tommy's name. Maybe he changed his schedule earlier, and he wanted to play NH anyway. Or like you said, Tommy changed it because of his injury.

I thought he'll play Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Montreal, Cincy and New York (accorting to his website). Tommy received a WC in Indianapolis last year.
I haven't seen the checklist you are talking about :confused: It might have meant that Tommy was one of the male players that Pilot Pen wanted to play there. And I'm sure Pilot Pen wanted Tommy even before he became injuried. Tommy is always a big draw in the U.S. And the Pilot Pen used to be just a women's Tournament and since they have added men to the Tournament the Director there really tries to get players she knows the fans like. And Tommy is definitely one of those players ;)

07-09-2007, 05:29 AM
somehow it doesn`t make sense to ask for a wildcard for New Haven because the entry deadline didn`t end yet.... he can still sign in on a normal way if he wants. He didn`t sign in for Indianapolis or Washington. Only LA and the Masters tournaments.
I don't know :shrug: I just posted what the article said. The only thing I can think of is since Tommy is injuried and unsure of when exactly he will be able to play tennis again he doesn't want to officially sign in. Because he might not be able to play the Tournament. But he wants that WC on hold for himself in case he is able to play. I think that actually a WC on hold is a good idea for Tommy in the situation he is in right now ;)