Babolat Pure Drive and Tennis Elbow [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Babolat Pure Drive and Tennis Elbow

bearingbreaker92
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I need some input from everyone here.

I have some pretty bad tennis elbow, and I've been trying some conservative methods of treatment, such as icing+heating and wearing an arm brace.

Now I am using a Babolat Pure Drive Plus, and many people that I have talked to tell me that the babolat is the reason that I have tennis elbow.

Is there anyone on this board that used to play with this racket, got tennis elbow, then when they switched rackets the pain went away?

Thanks everyone

tennisplayer89
07-08-2007, 12:50 AM
What kind of strings are you using and what tension? Sometimes the strings have more to do with injuries than the racquet itself.

Baghdatis72
07-08-2007, 02:16 AM
I need some input from everyone here.

I have some pretty bad tennis elbow, and I've been trying some conservative methods of treatment, such as icing+heating and wearing an arm brace.

Now I am using a Babolat Pure Drive Plus, and many people that I have talked to tell me that the babolat is the reason that I have tennis elbow.

Is there anyone on this board that used to play with this racket, got tennis elbow, then when they switched rackets the pain went away?

Thanks everyone

Dude the PD is one of the stiffest sticks on the market and it doesn't really help with tennis elbow. Also poly strings are known to help tennis elbow as well as very high string tensions.

I was using the Babolat PD Cortex before I changed to the Wilson nCode n6.1 95 18x20 and it gave me elbow pain quite often. Now I feel absolutely nothing with the Wilson except from the feel of the ball ;)

gaz
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
high tensions will make tennis elbow worse due to the increase in vibrations thru the racket

poly strings again increase these vibrations

u want soft strings such as xcel premium or gyt ot head pretector (designed for people with tennis elbow)

the cortex system will help cos of the it make it softer on the arm

bearingbreaker92
07-15-2007, 04:21 AM
Im using polygut at about 57 pounds.

I've also been playing with an "orange" Prince O3, and the pain has been quite relieved, so I'm definetly getting a new racket.

Is the new Babolat Pure Drive any good for tennis elbow? As I have an offer to buy it for 80 bucks.

gaz
07-15-2007, 07:54 AM
i would imagine it would help with the cortex sysytem

try using softer strings as well and try to loook at the reasons why the tennis elbow occurred you may be better of investing the 80 bucks into physio or something that would help you long term to stop it from coming back