I was there [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I was there

KarstenBraasch#1
05-10-2004, 08:57 PM
... but I'm too lazy/tired to write a full report.
If you want some comments, just post which matches you are interested in. :)

Sjengster
05-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Knowle and Ginepri, how did that one go?

And you don't happen to have the Tuesday OOP, do you?

Shadow
05-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Safin vs Grojean please :)

Lee
05-10-2004, 09:34 PM

Sjengster, Tuesday OOP is out. Here's the link. I'm too lazy to type it up.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2004/414/op.pdf

KarstenBraasch#1
05-10-2004, 10:06 PM

Court M4 :awww: I missed that match. But I guess that Ginepri sucked badly LOL. :o

KarstenBraasch#1
05-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Safin vs Grojean please :)
I only saw the 2nd set, and Marat was in command. He made some foolish errors and missed a 0-40 on Grosjean's serve, but he was never in danger of losing his own serve, and he dominated most of the rallies from the baseline.

i love paradorn
05-10-2004, 11:11 PM
hey Godom, I just want to know how many erros Paradorn made on his loss, if you saw the match. thanks

lizabeth..*
05-11-2004, 03:35 AM
*coughs* You didn't happen to see Verdasco v Canas did you?!!! :)

KarstenBraasch#1
05-11-2004, 08:23 AM
hey Godom, I just want to know how many erros Paradorn made on his loss, if you saw the match. thanks
Many. :o I mean, A LOT of errors. :o
He dominated most of the rallies, but he was going for winners too fast. He often tried the backhand down the line winner, but that shot didn't work at all.
And Olivier played really well, he ran a lot and got everything back, so most of the points ended with Paradorn's errors. In fact he was without a chance throughout the match, and he looked pretty frustrated.
But at least he won a fantastic point with a thorugh-the-legs shot. :)

KarstenBraasch#1
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
*coughs* You didn't happen to see Verdasco v Canas did you?!!! :)
I saw parts of it. :) The end of the first set and the 2nd set from 1-4.

Good match. Verdasco has a great lefty forehand and dominated from the baseline, although he made a lot of stupid errors as well.
Canas of course with great defense, getting EVERYTHING back.
In the first set tie-break Canas had some trouble with the umpire which cost him the set.
In the 2nd he was leading 4-1 but gave the break back. He got into the tie-break where he was leading and had set-points, but here Verdasco's more aggressive play decided the match as he still went for winners and had success with it.
Canas was pretty pissed after the match.

lizabeth..*
05-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Fernando is notorious for his stupid errors..., he doesn't really think about his shots...just tries to hit a winner every time :lol: Thanks for that GoDom!

Space Cowgirl
05-11-2004, 10:08 AM
GoDom, are you going again today to cheer for Kiefer? ;)

Neely
05-11-2004, 10:49 AM
lol, that was a good one :haha: :rolls:

;) :worship:

kfh_9118
05-11-2004, 01:44 PM

:lol:

KarstenBraasch#1
05-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh yes, I cheered at Kiefer's match. ;) :woohoo: :banana: :yeah:

So yes, I was there again. :)
Unfortunately we had Hamburg's infamous "Schietwetter" today (cloudy, light drizzle all the time, 12C). *shudder*
Tonight I'm even more tired than yesterday, but if you wanna know something, feel free to ask. :)

All I wanna say is: Youzhny you fool, I love you !!! :D :rolleyes: :fiery: :D :yeah:

Space Cowgirl
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Did you also see (or rather endure the horror-show) Schüttler-Burgsmüller match? I followed it here, and it was torture. Wrong result, again, but what's new about that? :(

KarstenBraasch#1
05-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Did you also see (or rather endure the horror-show) Schüttler-Burgsmüller match? I followed it here, and it was torture. Wrong result, again, but what's new about that? :(
Only the 3rd set, and that was more than enough. :o Total dullness. No comparison to Federer vs. Gaudio.