Tennis Shoes - price [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Shoes - price

StevoTG
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
So I'm going to get a pair of tennis shoes this week , I've allready spent a fair bit of money getting into tennis so far and was wondering what price should I be paying (in euros) for a decent/reliable pair of tennis shoes? From what I've checked on the net prices range from e30 to e130, mainly being around/over e100.

Also, I hear a lot about changing racquet string tension - how important is it and, at risk of sounding like an idiot, how do you do it?

Also, at the moment I only have 1 racquet - a slazenger 27' classic. I'm going to get another racquet, again at the risk of sounding like an idiot, should my spare racquet also be a slazenger or would it mae a whole lot of difference if I went Wilson, anyway I'm not sure if slazenger allows me to make the most of my power but I like the slice off it.

Thanks for any answers:cool:

FerrersLinda
07-03-2007, 08:48 PM
So I'm going to get a pair of tennis shoes this week , I've allready spent a fair bit of money getting into tennis so far and was wondering what price should I be paying (in euros) for a decent/reliable pair of tennis shoes? From what I've checked on the net prices range from e30 to e130, mainly being around/over e100.

Also, I hear a lot about changing racquet string tension - how important is it and, at risk of sounding like an idiot, how do you do it?

Also, at the moment I only have 1 racquet - a slazenger 27' classic. I'm going to get another racquet, again at the risk of sounding like an idiot, should my spare racquet also be a slazenger or would it mae a whole lot of difference if I went Wilson, anyway I'm not sure if slazenger allows me to make the most of my power but I like the slice off it.

Thanks for any answers:cool:

:wavey:

Okay you are right on the shoes. You can spend anywhere between $40 to $150. It kinda depends on what suits you and how often you play. I play nearly every day, about 2 to 3 hours. So I go through shoes fast. I use Adidas Tirand because they are comfortable, durable(although there are more durable ones on the market) and cheap. Mostly my advice to you would be to find comfortable shoes in the lower price region.

You can change the string tension when you get your racquet restrung. When I started playing it didn't interest me to much. Also I could hardly get a ball over the net so it wasn't the thing I had to worry myself with most. Now I play at 63lbs. Best thing would be to talk to your teacher about this.

If your spare racquet is the same as your other racquet, when you break a string during a match you don't have to get used to a new racquet. So that would be a reason to buy to the same racquet. It might also be fun to have another racquet with totally different specs because you get to play different. Mainly when you just start out playing tennis and you have already spent alot of money on it, I'd leave the second racquet in the store for a while. In the beginning you don't go through strings that fast and if you are really worried about breaking a string during a match. Ask a friend if he/she could loan you a racquet just in case.

:)

StevoTG
07-04-2007, 02:41 AM
Thank you very much for the advice:) I'll be shopping for my shoes at the weekend or early next week and I'll lay off getting a new racquet untill I have to.

I'll now be sure to give you a mention when I win the Aussie Open, then I'll be sure to wake up :D Good luck to you and Ferrer in the future ;)

FerrersLinda
07-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Thank you very much for the advice:) I'll be shopping for my shoes at the weekend or early next week and I'll lay off getting a new racquet untill I have to.

I'll now be sure to give you a mention when I win the Aussie Open, then I'll be sure to wake up :D Good luck to you and Ferrer in the future ;)

You are welcome.:)

Have fun shopping for shoes. And good luck on becoming an Aussie Open winner.:clap2: