I Need a Racquet.. Wich Racquet? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I Need a Racquet.. Wich Racquet?

Tzar
07-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Ok So here Ill explain my shots:

Forehand: Regular. Hard Impact but Slow. I dont have a good tecnique.

Backhand: Excellent. Perfect 2 handed backhand. Very strong, and fast. :worship:

Serve: Bad, Soft but almost always In. Very Soft

Volley: Normal.

Smash: Pretty Good. To the center but un-retornable!

I Have tried this racquets:

Babolat Pure Drive + Is my actual racquet pretty comfortable
Prince O3 Tour My Last racquet, you need to hit the ball really hard to get a fast shot. Im makes you get tired really fast.
Head Insctint Liquidmetal Excellent. I really like it
Prince O3 White Another Safe Choice..

Im More into babolat but i hope you can help me.. Ill be ok with a dunlop, or yonex or IDK.. any that can fits to my game..

THANKS!

BTW, im going to US OPEN, and im planing to buy 3 racquets of the same there.. WHERE I CAN BUY THEM IN NY?

Tzar
07-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Here is a list of Brands of Racquets ive seen. Tell me wich could fit better for me :) Thanks

Babolat

Pure Drive cortex + (Used By Na Li) Aeropro Drive cortex + (Used By Nadal)

Head

Head MicroGEL Extreme Pro (Used By Ivan Ljubicic, Mikhail Youhzny And Milagros Sequera)

Dunlop

Dunlop Aerogel 3Hundred (Used By Tommy Haas, Tommy Robredo)

Prince

Prince O3 White (Used By Maria Sharapova) Prince Ozone (Used By Jelena Jankovic, Daniela Hantuchova)

None Wilson Yet

Yonex

Yonex RDS 001 (Used By David Nalbandian, Elena Dementieva and Lleyton Hewitt) Yonex RDS 003 (Used By Nicole Vaidisova)

Well those are the racquets ive seen.. NOW HELP! :p

gaz
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
from what you have said you have the pure drive roddick which will allow help you with racket head speed on the forehand as will th eaero drive cortex also you have the babolat pure storm which ishead light but fairly stiff to give you the stability you require

Tzar
07-02-2007, 04:26 PM
gaz what about Yonex RDS001

or the Head Microgel Extreme?

Tzar
07-04-2007, 11:18 AM
??any otherr

gaz
07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
could not tell you to be honest because i have not played with them

tennisplayer89
07-04-2007, 05:51 PM
The best way to find a new racquet is to go to a local pro shop and demo some racquets. Usually it is free to demo a racquet if you end up buying it. Sometime it costs a few dollars a day to demo one. Hit with a few racquets and see if there is one you really like. The only way to find a new racquet is to have played with it.

jazar
07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
gaz what about Yonex RDS001

or the Head Microgel Extreme?

RDS001 would be very hard to generate power with.

microgel gel extreme is similar in spec to pure drive. i think its better than the pure drive

Tzar
07-05-2007, 08:19 AM
in my country theres no tennis tradition so theres no way ill find a store that will let m try racquets

Jazar, so why it is better the microgel extreme than pure drive

jazar
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
in my country theres no tennis tradition so theres no way ill find a store that will let m try racquets

Jazar, so why it is better the microgel extreme than pure drive

because babolat sucks, they make horrible rackets that have absolutely no feel.

head make good rackets

jazar
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Nalbandian's Racquet is the same as Wich BABOLAT RACQUET to compare.. ?

the nearest babolat make is the aeropro control, its alright, not that great, but you should look for something lighter to help you generate more power

Tzar
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Iam between the Pure Drive + and The Head Microgel Xtreme Pro!

Wich?? :shrug:

BTW where i can get it in New York or in Orlando?

jazar
07-06-2007, 08:57 PM
don't go for the Pro. from your description of your game you would be better suited to the normal version of the extreme.

Tzar
07-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Jazar! :worship: where i can get it in NY!?

gaz
07-07-2007, 03:14 PM
the pure drive is a great racket also the previous version was the best selling racket of all time

make sure you try them before you part with your cash

gaz
07-07-2007, 03:16 PM
if you want something a bit heavier nyou have the drive roddick @ 315g

jazar
07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
the pure drive is a great racket also the previous version was the best selling racket of all time

the pure drive isnt the best selling racket because its that good, its because in comparison with other rackets its cheap. you get virtually no feel with it, its just a stick basically

jazar
07-07-2007, 07:54 PM
if you want something a bit heavier nyou have the drive roddick @ 315g

yeah, but when you have strings in it, it weighs about 332g

gaz
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
but any racket weighs about 15g heavier with strings in it

Tzar
07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
For me the Pure Drive isnt a stick, then i should try the extreme gel??

Enjoy Incubus
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
If you dont like heavy racquets and you're looking for some control I recommend you the Head Flexpoint Instinct racquet. That's the one I have and it's a very good racquet if you hit the ball with much topspin... the most similar Babolat racquet Head has, but with an excelent touch. 100 in. 285 g.

jazar
07-09-2007, 09:25 PM
but any racket weighs about 15g heavier with strings in it

yeah, so you might as well just give the strung weight cos that gives a better indication of what it is actually like

For me the Pure Drive isnt a stick, then i should try the extreme gel??

if all you want to do is hit shots from the baseline as hard as possible all day then stick with the pure drive. if you want to put some kind of variation into your game and play an all court game then try the microgel extreme, which is a great all round racket and much much better than a pure drive

jazar
07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
If you dont like heavy racquets and you're looking for some control I recommend you the Head Flexpoint Instinct racquet. That's the one I have and it's a very good racquet if you hit the ball with much topspin... the most similar Babolat racquet Head has, but with an excelent touch. 100 in. 285 g.

the flexpoint instinct is basically the same as the microgel extreme. the only thing different about them is the microgel is a quarter of an inch longer and has microgel in it. apart from that they are pretty much the same frame

Tzar
07-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Thanks I Think ill try the microgel extreme

Burrow
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks I Think ill try the microgel extreme

who is ana dementieva? (your signature)

baghdatis
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
and Novak Williams

Tzar
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
my math teacher and my cousin :cool:

GlennMirnyi
07-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Mate, you wanna buy a racket? First try some. You don't buy rackets before trying them, use that advice a lot.

The Head instinct is pretty good and it's kinda light too.

Tzar
07-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Mate, you wanna buy a racket? First try some. You don't buy rackets before trying them, use that advice a lot.

The Head instinct is pretty good and it's kinda light too.

Yes i know but here in my country head isnt common! There're few racquets that youll see them everywhere:

Babolat Pure Drive
Babolat Aeropro Drive
Babolat Z lIte
Babolat Z Tour
Prince O3 Tour
Prince White

Only those racquets

Im between Pure Drive, Pure Storm MP, Head microgel extreme!..

Can someone tell me wich racquet suits to wich game ( Control Wanted)

GlennMirnyi
07-16-2007, 02:26 AM
You have no store where you can try some varied rackets? That sucks.

I'd say that light version of the n-code pretty should be ok for you, but I have never played with a Prince and Babolat sucks for me, so I played once and never touched another again.

Tzar
07-16-2007, 02:45 AM
You have no store where you can try some varied rackets? That sucks.

I'd say that light version of the n-code pretty should be ok for you, but I have never played with a Prince and Babolat sucks for me, so I played once and never touched another again.

the thing is that im going to the us open!! :D so im buying it in NY! :D

what i can buy there between the racquets i told ya.. Add Dementievas racquet..

GlennMirnyi
07-16-2007, 04:22 AM
the thing is that im going to the us open!! :D so im buying it in NY! :D

what i can buy there between the racquets i told ya.. Add Dementievas racquet..

Even then... can't you try some at home and then buy one abroad?

jazar
07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Im between Pure Drive, Pure Storm MP, Head microgel extreme!..

Can someone tell me wich racquet suits to wich game ( Control Wanted)

the storm is the most controlled racket, but babolat sucks. they have no feel

Tzar
07-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Even then... can't you try some at home and then buy one abroad?

Look Glenn here in my country only few people plays tennis, and thats why the shops dont bring too many kinds of racquets, i could borrow of some friends the prince white, the pure drive, the aeropro, the o3 tour etc etc.. but no head, no yonex, no dunlop, no wilson!

I would like to know wich racquet do you think that will suit better for my game as i told you before i like the microgel extreme, the pure drive, and the pure storm

Wich? Thanks

Tzar
07-16-2007, 04:07 PM
the storm is the most controlled racket, but babolat sucks. they have no feel

Then wich racquets of any brand suits better to my game?

gaz
07-17-2007, 02:20 AM
never had problems with babolat my self nor has roddick or rafa the best thing todo is try them out to be honest

GlennMirnyi
07-17-2007, 03:45 AM
Then try all the rackets you have available and pick the one you like the most.

jazar
07-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Then wich racquets of any brand suits better to my game?

as i have been repeatedly saying, the mircogel extreme

Tzar
07-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Jazar dpes the microgel extreme gives you power??

My teacher told me i need a racquet that can gives me power..

wich head can give me power? Microgel extreme ??? THANKS!

Burrow
07-24-2007, 11:12 PM
HEAD Prestige Classic - thats all you need to know. Look it up on tennis-warehouse and read the comments. Fantastic.

Burrow
07-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Jazar dpes the microgel extreme gives you power??

My teacher told me i need a racquet that can gives me power..

wich head can give me power? Microgel extreme ??? THANKS!

If you have reasonabley good technique on your strokes the Prestige Classic will give you plenty power. I have solid strokes and I hit pretty hard and this gives me all the power I need and more.

Burrow
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
never had problems with babolat my self nor has roddick or rafa the best thing todo is try them out to be honest

You must be a baseliner, teenager, who wants to hit hard all day long and doesnt care of feel in the slightest.

lovetheunderdog
07-24-2007, 11:30 PM
well jeronimo if your looking to buy racquets at the us open, the main type of racquet you will find is a wilson because they are one of the title sponsors of the open. I have been to the open 3 times and this is what I have found in my experience of checking out what they have at the pro shops there. I however found not be surprised if you found a tennnis warehouse tent with all sorts of racquets. My opinion on which racquet you should get is the pure drive plus the one you currently have. I also use that racquet and it has never let me down. I am a serve and volleyer which is much different than other kids my age, and the pure drive plus has worked to perfection on all parts of my game.

Tzar
07-25-2007, 05:12 AM
My serve sucks!

Burrow
07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Get a prestige classic.