We don't bite!! Introduction thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

We don't bite!! Introduction thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

savesthedizzle
07-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I know sometimes it can be a bit scary to start posting in a player forum where everyone seems to know each other so well, so this is a thread where the new people to the forum can introduce themselves to the rest of us and it can be an entry into the rest of the forum :)

So everyone feel free to tell us whatever you would like :) What you would like to be called (name/screenname), location, other favorite players, etc :)

:wavey:

Hopefully this will help people not be afraid to start posting here and we can all learn a little bit about eachother. :D

Also, now we have a list of all Novak fans here, so if you want to look up someone's name or location...well.. you can! :D

(alphabetically by screen name)

*esther*: Esther
Adie: Aditi, Canada
adynadal: Adelina, Bulgaria
aeronatasha: Natasa, Serbia
Aimee!: Aimee, USA
albop: Pedro, Chile
Alyz: Pia, Finland
Amdany: amdany, France
andyroxmysox19181: Mani, USA
Anj@: Anya, Serbia
Anne-Claire: Anne-Claire, France
arm: Raquel, Portugal
ataptc: Evelyn, Singapore
B.Bojan: Bojan, Serbia
Bad_angel_109: Anita, Australia
Baghdatis72: Andreas, UK
Barchelor Dandy: USA
bascule: Natasa, Serbia
Belco: Dejan, Australia
CassL: Cassie, USA
Cat123: Cat, UK
camnation: Jennifer, Canada
ce2: Stefan, Serbia
ceci_rah84: Cecilia, Argentina
Chooper: Ivan, Germany
Denız: Melissa, Turkey
dimahenman: Lo, Russia
Em0 boy: Srdjan, Serbia
erica: Erica, Finland
Farenhajt: Goran, Serbia
ftm_ca: Timmy, Canada
fightclubber : Silvy, Argentina
foul_dwimmerlaik: Tanya, Serbia
gio: Maja, Bosnia
girlscout: Angela, China/UK
Grofica: Tanja, Serbia
Guavacapps: Catherine, USA
JadrankaHR : Jadranka, Austria
jamjar: Jelena
Jelena_78: Jelena, Serbia
jennyian: jennyian, Philippines
jitterbug: Zahirah, Australia
JustDoIt: Danilo, Serbia
kayce : kayce, USA
kell: Kellie, Australia
kirkicica: Jelena, Serbia
Layla13: Nena, Serbia
Lee: Lee, USA
littlevictories: Rachel, UK
Lossi: Mila, UK
madbox: Melissa, Canada
Manon : Misha, Serbia
Marina999: Marina, Serbia
MaryX: Marija, Serbia
Melania: Melania, Australia
Milan Dokic: Milan, Serbia
Mistry: mistry, Canada
MosquitoBitten: USA
Neenah: Nina, USA
New now: Jelena, Serbia
NinaNina18: Nina, USA
patchett: Di, UK
peacechick: Irene, Holland
PennythePenguin: Jiat, Singapore
pookykiki: Ana, Spain/France
rachel83: Rachel, UK
Reaz
Scotso: Scott, USA
SerbianSmash: Vuk, Serbia
sharapower
shy person: Tsveta, Bulgaria
simplysadie: Sadie
Soulja Boy: Alex, Serbia
Stasha: Staša, Serbia
Suzi: Suzi, UK
Tal222: Tal, Israel
tangerine_dream: Tangy, New York, USA.
Tennis-Chick: Kirstii, Ireland
tennis-freak: Ana
Tess Gray: Tessa, Holland
The Cat Lady: Rose, UK
Troickitard: Jess, USA
uglyamerican: Joe, USA
Vida: Vida, Serbia
whiithleey: Whithley, Holland
zerocool: Aleksandar, Bosnia

savesthedizzle
07-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I'll start!

My name is Jess, I'm 22, I live in the US. My screenname is a tribute to my favorite band Saves the Day. Not any other cray interpretations you may have heard of ;)

My favorite players areeee... well Nole of course ;) Also Murray, Kiefer, Ancic, Robredo, Ferrero, Gasquet, Baghdatis, Mathieu and a ton more :p :lol:

fightclubber
07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Hello
Im silvy from Buenos Aires -Argentina
Im a big fan of Roger. Lots of years ago I started to like tennis thanks to him. with the years you like other tennis, learn about them and enjoy their games
Novak is to me the best thing that happen to tennis after Roger. he is such a big talent
So my fave players are Roger, Novak, Del Potro, Chiudinelli. I also love Richard gasquet, tomas berdych Safin and Moya
I love photography and Im a graphic designer, work as a secretary.I love cats! I have a siamese.

adynadal
07-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Great thread,Jess!Finally one of us got the idea to open it!
My name is Adelina but you all can call me Ady.my screen name adynadal is formed by my nick name Ady and the last name of my favorite player(at least he was before i found Nole,nowadays i am separated between these two) Rafael Nadal,it`s something like Mrs Nadal,Ady Nadal...anyway..it`s so silly:rolleyes: !!!i am almost 17,i`m from Bulgaria and i`ve been in love with tennis for the last 6 years!it`s my biggest passion,my first real love,all my friends(including boyfriends) know that they should share me with tennis..my "first lover" was Marat,then i found Ferrero,Roddick,J. Johansson,then Rafa appeared,after him Betdych,Tursunov,Ancic and finally Nole...if you want anything alse to know-just ask!i`d love to know all of you!WELCOME!!!:wavey:

Jelena_78
07-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Great thread Jess! You look great on that picture with Ilija! I always blush,and go red when about to take photo with someone 'famous'
Well,I wasn't really creative when 'designing' my screen name. Jelena is my name and 78 stands for the year I was born - 1978.
Like many other people from here,I lived in 4 countries:eek: :drink:
Actually all the time in the same place -Belgrade,
but born in SFR Yugoslavia,then since 1992 it was called SR Yugoslavia,then later
Serbia & Montenegro,and finally SERBIA!:worship:
I'm 29,love sports,especially football,basketball,tennis,...
Volcanos fascinate me.
I like to travel,this year I've been to Prague,Venice and Barcelona:)
My favourite ones are Nole and Janko,Fed:worship:
I also like Gonzo,Youzhny,Moya,Baghdatis,Murray,Ancic.

CassL
07-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm Cassie, 20, live in the US.
I got into tennis in 2004 thanks to Marat Safin. I'm still a big fan of him, but Nole has surpassed him since last year or so. What I love about Nole is his dedication, ambition to tennis and his great personality. :worship:

tal222
07-01-2007, 09:10 PM
hello!
i am new here..my name is Tal,from Israel and next week i will become 18.
i started to love tennis because of Shahar Peer. she lives in my community (11,000 people):)
i love novak, Robredo and marat.
just finished high school (one more test to go...) and then i will go to the army :confused:
i also love to travel around the world.just came back from Thailand:rolleyes: i was also in Serbia (actually in Montenegro when they were still united :) )
also i love european basketball very much (Maccabi Tel Aviv :worship: )
Hope to enjoy in this forum :)

neenah
07-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Great idea. I've always wanted to post in Nole's board. :)

I'm Nina. I'm from the US, but I'm only staying for as long as I have to. I love to travel and I do quite often, especially to South/Central America and Europe, and I want to live in other parts of the world. Unfortunately I have to wait a few years for that (I'm one of MTF's younger members. ;))

My favorite tennis players are Federer, Nadal, Nole, Berdych, Gasquet, Marat, Nieminen, Hyung-Taik Lee, Tursunov, Andreev, Davydenko, Murray (and his brother Jaime), and Knowles and Nestor... The list goes on. I think it would be easier for me to list the players I don't like. :D

Baghdatis72
07-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey there guys and gals :wavey:

My name is Andreas and I am from Cyprus. I currently live in the UK and I am a big fan of Novak :worship:
My favorite players are Baghdatis, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Haas and Gonzalez.

Albop
07-01-2007, 10:20 PM
So ashamed of this post :o

Tennis-Chick
07-01-2007, 10:24 PM
My name is Kirstii and I live in Ireland. My favourite mens tennis players are Nole, Jamie Murray, Janko, Bogdanovic and Fish. I got into tennis by watching Anna Kournikova playing and never really liked watching men's tennis until about a year ago.
I love to play tennis and other sports. Also dancing and hanging out with my mates. I would love to travel, but as I'm only 14 I have to go to the places my parents bring me.

Anne-Claire
07-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey :wavey:

I'm Anne-Claire, I'm 24 and live in Paris!

I used to watching RG on TV since I was a kid but started to travel to tennis tournament in a regular basis since 2001. By that time my fav player was Arnaud Clément but Nole surpassed him 2 years ago and became my real Number 1 lol :)
I like Nole's game and his behaviour on et off court!
I like tennis of course, fashion, travelling, photography...
My fav players are Nole, Arnaud, and all the serbian team (Tipsy, nenad, ana) ;) I've recently discovered Gulbis from latvia and he plays great tennis and is very nice, he's very talented and he'll be probably the next young gun!!

That's all, this presentation thread is a great idea by the way :p

AC

Scotso
07-01-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm Scott, 24, from Virginia, USA. I actually do bite, but not too hard. My top five guys are Nole, Tim Smyczek, Karol Beck, Matej Bocko, and Igor Kunitsyn.

savesthedizzle
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Oh my gosh! This thread worked miracles! Look at all the new people it brought out :eek:

Welcome all :wavey:

Baghdatis72
07-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh my gosh! This thread worked miracles! Look at all the new people it brought out :eek:

Hey Jess nice to meet you :wavey:

savesthedizzle
07-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Nice to meet you too ;)

neenah
07-02-2007, 01:28 AM

Hello. :D

Such a welcoming group, MTF's Nole fans!

savesthedizzle
07-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Hello. :D

Such a welcoming group, MTF's Nole fans!

:D We try! :lol:

Farenhajt
07-02-2007, 03:00 AM
Heya all :)

Some already know me, but it never hurts to go public again :) I'm Goran, from Belgrade (hey, Serbians, where are you?!?!), translator and musician. Of course, I'm rooting for everyone in the Serbian Squad (Ana, Jelena, Nole, Janko, Nenad...), and I don't have a clear favorite elsewhere, but I do like to watch Fed, Rafa (I don't feel obliged to choose, sorry :)) and Gonzo. Dislikes: Roddick (too neurotic for my taste), Hewitt (ditto), Ljubicic (boring as hell), Davydenko (reminds me of a malnourished Russian child and also boring as hell).

savesthedizzle
07-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Heya all :)

Some already know me, but it never hurts to go public again :) I'm Goran, from Belgrade (hey, Serbians, where are you?!?!), translator and musician. Of course, I'm rooting for everyone in the Serbian Squad (Ana, Jelena, Nole, Janko, Nenad...), and I don't have a clear favorite elsewhere, but I do like to watch Fed, Rafa (I don't feel obliged to choose, sorry :)) and Gonzo. Dislikes: Roddick (too neurotic for my taste), Hewitt (ditto), Ljubicic (boring as hell).

I agree with all three of your dislikes ;) :rolls:

Farenhajt
07-02-2007, 03:09 AM
The fourth has been added in the meantime :D

jitterbug
07-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Godmother Jess :bowdown: :lol:

Hi everyone, I'm Zahirah :bigwave: I'm from Malaysia but I'm studying in Sydney, Australia.

I've watched tennis since I was a really small kid (blame it on my dad :rolleyes: :p) but I used to find it awfully boring.. I only really got into it a few years ago when I watched Gasquet playing at Wimbledon on TV :o

As you could tell from my signature (and my avvy :lol:) I adore Ernests Gulbis, Nole, Mario, Andy Murray, his brother Jamie and his partner Eric, Richie, Ana Ivanovic and Lucie Safarova. I also support other people to a lesser degree... eg: Roger, Jelena J, Tim Henman, Berdych... the list goes on :p

... and my biggest weakness is using too many emoticons :tape:

And oh. I'm a Marko-tard too. :angel:

Farenhajt
07-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Oh dear, how could I forget: I also like to watch Gasquet (thanks, Zahirah! You're a pal :)).

jitterbug
07-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Oh dear, how could I forget: I also like to watch Gasquet (thanks, Zahirah! You're a pal :)).

No problem :hug:

neenah
07-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Dislikes: Roddick (too neurotic for my taste), Hewitt (ditto), Ljubicic (boring as hell), Davydenko (reminds me of a malnourished Russian child and also boring as hell).

I agree with all three of your dislikes ;) :rolls:

I'll agree that I too am not a huge Roddick fan, and I find many of his on-court pictures to be worthy of a good laugh any time. :lol: No, but I have enough respect for him. And I've never been crazy of Hewitt either, but something about his Eye of the Tiger singing from last year's RG always makes me laugh. :shrug: :D

I have difficulty disliking players - I went from absolutely disliking Rafa last year (I still don't exactly know why) to having him be one of my favorites. Cheesy as this might sound, I think it's that I just like tennis so much that I have trouble disliking the players! :lol:

PennyThePenguin
07-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Hello everyone! I'm Jiat from Singapore, formerly PennyThePenguin on MTF now one half of the Tweedlettes duo :D

I started watching tennis back in 1996 or thereabout, and started with supporting Steffi Graf and Pete Sampras and Pat Rafter. :)

And my current faves are Marat :p, Nole, Oli Rochus, Ana, Dinara and the Russian Davis Cup team :lol: and Guga too :D

marina988
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
HI!!I love this thread!My name is Marina!I live in Serbia but I'm only 50% Serbian!(but i feel like a 1000%serbian)My father is American and my Mom is from Serbia!I was born in San Francisco,CA 19 years ago,but 3 years later I moved to Serbia with my Mom.Now I only spend holidays in the US.In October I'll be starting BUSM(belgrade university school of medicine)A LOVE:Nole, Marat, Andy Roddick, Baghdatis, Tursunov,Youzhny,Federer,Tipsarevic,Zimonjic,Blake .... Dislikes: Nadal,Andy Murray...I can't rally think of anyone else...:)I've been a tennis fan for 3 years now(Not that long, i know)I also like The Killers,Panic!At The Disco, Paolo Nutini,Gavin Degraw,James Morrison,Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, The Used........

kirkicica
07-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Some of you know me already, but here we go: I'm Jelena too. (a lot of Jelena's in Serbia, I know). Explaining my nickname is a bit complicated but it has something to do with a certain witch. I'm 26 (only for 20 more days :bigcry:), from Belgrade. soon to graduate sociology and working as a choir singer.

Watching tennis all my life (since my parents are big tennis fans). Favourites: Nole of course (I also support the rest of the Serbians but specially Jelena), Youzhny, Baghdatis, Gasquet, Moya and support a lot of others. Dislikes: a bunch of already mentioned boring players, Murray and Nadal.

And hello :wavey: to all old/new people here

uglyamerican
07-02-2007, 02:50 PM
A good mix of babies and elderly people...also a lot of artistic-type people. Makes sense that the player once referred to as "little Mozart" would have fans who are artistic.

...me?...

I'm Joe, 28, Midwestern US. Religious nut. Amateur Serbophile. Sports statistics enthusiast. My university degree is in Literature, so I'm unemployed.

I'm using this rain-delay to try to get a handle on my RACE spreadsheet. I've gone a bit crazy since I learned how to use Excel.

jeahhh!
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Hello:wavey:

I'm Aimee formerly Cocobear but now the other half of the Tweedletees duo.:D
I live in Southern California, I have been watching tennis since.. erm well I don't really remember.:o

And I'm not going to even get into the my favorite players:bolt:

Well Nole of course.:p

kirkicica
07-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I have to write something, I really do not want Nole's match to start while I'm on my 666-th post :p
another superstition:rolleyes:

jeahhh!
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I have to write something, I really do not want Nole's match to start while I'm on my 666-th post :p
another superstition:rolleyes:

:hug:

Grofica
07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
hi some of you already know me but ..:shrug:

I am Tanja 22 of age born and raised in Belgrade :) I am a law student at belgrade university. As I teenage girl I had hot spot for Janko ( I stlil have :secret:) and that's how I have becomemore and more interested in tennis , but real love for game came during RG 2005 when Nadal won first Slam title :inlove:

I am huge fan of all Serbian players and some others non-serbian players Youzhny, Coria, Berdych and some more, but I have very strict list of my favs: Janko before any other player, Novak before any other player, any serbian player before any other player, Nadal before any other player...:lol:

ataptc
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone :wavey:

Evelyn here from Singapore and I'll no longer be a teen in a few months' time :sad: I'll be studying sports science soon and I can't wait to start :D

The first tennis match I had ever watched on tv was USO 2000 mens final. Back then, there was a free-to-air sports channel, but it was soon cancelled and I couldn't watch the rare tennis matches that they had shown anymore. Finally got cable in late 2002 and I have been following tennis ever since :dance:

Hmm my favs would be those in my siggy :) I can see the 'love' for Roddick but please do not discriminate against me ;)

jeahhh!
07-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey everyone :wavey:

Evelyn here from Singapore and I'll no longer be a teen in a few months' time :sad: I'll be studying sports science soon and I can't wait to start :D

The first tennis match I had ever watched on tv was USO 2000 mens final. Back then, there was a free-to-air sports channel, but it was soon cancelled and I couldn't watch the rare tennis matches that they had shown anymore. Finally got cable in late 2002 and I have been following tennis ever since :dance:

Hmm my favs would be those in my siggy :) I can see the 'love' for Roddick but please do not discriminate against me ;)

I won't discriminate against you.:p

Scotso
07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm glad there are so many new people coming out here. :D

Joe, I guess you and I are the elderly? :p :sobbing:

ataptc
07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I won't discriminate against you.:p
I know that :D And now we have Marina too.

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm glad there are so many new people coming out here. :D

Joe, I guess you and I are the elderly? :p :sobbing:

Oh shush you aren't elderly unless I am too, and I'm not elderly. Is elderly anyone over the age of 21? :rolls:

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I won't either, because I love Andy fans, just not Andy himself. You guys are a cool bunch of people :)

And Andy was my gateway into tennis obsession, I just moved beyond him once I got here. :rolls:

ataptc
07-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Oh shush you aren't elderly unless I am too, and I'm not elderly. Is elderly anyone over the age of 21? :rolls:
That's so wrong :lol:

ataptc
07-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I won't either, because I love Andy fans, just not Andy himself. You guys are a cool bunch of people :)

And Andy was my gateway into tennis obsession, I just moved beyond him once I got here. :rolls:
:lol: I remember you moderating an Andy livejournal community ;)

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 12:40 AM
:lol: I remember you moderating an Andy livejournal community ;)

I did a good job back then too didn't I? :rolls:

FIRST TENNIS COMMUNITY ON LIVEJOURNAL!

I also moderated tommyrobredo (which I have now given over to J'Torian ;) ), jcferrerofans, welovekiefer partially, richardgasquet partially, atptennis, novakdjokovic, and sooo many more ;)

neenah
07-03-2007, 12:40 AM

I can almost say the same thing - the first tennis match I remember watching ever was Fed v. Roddick, Wimbledon final in 2004. I knew little to nothing about the sport: As I watched the match Federer became "The Man With the Funny Name" and Roddick was "The Other One." My mom explained the rules of the game to me as the match progressed, and although I didn't watch the end of the match, I was pretty disappointed to find out later that "The Man With the Funny Name" beat "The Other One."

Now I respect Andy as a tennis player, as I respect 99.9% of the players, but I can't say he's one of my favorites. :p

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 12:45 AM
I can almost say the same thing - the first tennis match I remember watching ever was Fed v. Roddick, Wimbledon final in 2004. I knew little to nothing about the sport: As I watched the match Federer became "The Man With the Funny Name" and Roddick was "The Other One." My mom explained the rules of the game to me as the match progressed, and although I didn't watch the end of the match, I was pretty disappointed to find out later that "The Man With the Funny Name" beat "The Other One."

Now I respect Andy as a tennis player, as I respect 99.9% of the players, but I can't say he's one of my favorites. :p

Well my entry to the sport was Sampras, but it was with Andy where the obsession began. Sampras, Henman and Graf. :lol: Because all I ever watched was Wimbledon. For most of my young years I didn't know there was tennis besides Wimbledon since it was really the only tournament I ever saw on TV because the other times I was in school. So I watched Pete and Tim and grew to love them until Andy's first Wimbledon. I was like "Whoah that kid is only a few years older than me! I hope he does well." Pretty much right after that I started REALLY following Andy and discovering all these other tournaments and players. Andy led me to James Blake and all the other Americans, and THEN I started learning about all the players from other countries. I left Roddick for the Spaniards, Ferrero, Robredo etc... and then I left the Spaniards when I found Nole :inlove:

And well, the rest is history. I still love my Spaniards :D

ataptc
07-03-2007, 12:45 AM
I did a good job back then too didn't I? :rolls:

FIRST TENNIS COMMUNITY ON LIVEJOURNAL!

I also moderated tommyrobredo (which I have now given over to J'Torian ;) ), jcferrerofans, welovekiefer partially, richardgasquet partially, atptennis, novakdjokovic, and sooo many more ;)
Yeah, and then you left all the dirty work to your co-mods :rolls: novakdjokovic community has not been updated in years :sad:

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah, and then you left all the dirty work to your co-mods :rolls: novakdjokovic community has not been updated in years :sad:

You... noticed the comod plan? :rolls: I didn't think anyone would notice. I made all the comods and then pretty much left LJ completely :rolls:

LJ is just not the place for tennis anymore. None of the communities are as fun as they were in the days my clique ran them all :angel:

ataptc
07-03-2007, 12:49 AM
You... noticed the comod plan? :rolls: I didn't think anyone would notice. I made all the comods and then pretty much left LJ completely :rolls:

LJ is just not the place for tennis anymore. None of the communities are as fun as they were in the days my clique ran them all :angel:
It was so obvious :lol:

Yeah I agree though. MTF is the place to be :rocker2:

neenah
07-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Well my entry to the sport was Sampras, but it was with Andy where the obsession began. Sampras, Henman and Graf. :lol: Because all I ever watched was Wimbledon. For most of my young years I didn't know there was tennis besides Wimbledon since it was really the only tournament I ever saw on TV because the other times I was in school. So I watched Pete and Tim and grew to love them until Andy's first Wimbledon. I was like "Whoah that kid is only a few years older than me! I hope he does well." Pretty much right after that I started REALLY following Andy and discovering all these other tournaments and players. Andy led me to James Blake and all the other Americans, and THEN I started learning about all the players from other countries. I left Roddick for the Spaniards, Ferrero, Robredo etc... and then I left the Spaniards when I found Nole :inlove:

And well, the rest is history. I still love my Spaniards :D

I can't even remember what got me into tennis...My mom was always interested in the sport, so from watching when she did, I developed a liking for the sport. I remember watching Massu play in the Olympics when he won the Singles and Doubles gold medals. Then I went to the US Open for the first time later that summer and I think that's when I finally caught onto the tennis world. It started with Federer - a new tennis fan is obviously drawn to a dominant number one - and then last summer I became more thoroughly interested in the sport. I didn't think an immense obsession would last, but it has, and I know it will. :lol:

I'm going to be honest, though, I only started following Nole recently, and only became a big fan when he really started breaking through. As a relatively new intense-tennis-fan, I suppose you can't blame me. :p I hope that doesn't make me a bandwagon-er. I don't consider the type of fan I am to be that, though. :D I admire Nole a lot, he seems like a great guy.

neenah
07-03-2007, 12:59 AM
^^ Hah, wow I really wrote a novel up there. :p

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm going to be honest, though, I only started following Nole recently, and only became a big fan when he really started breaking through. As a relatively new intense-tennis-fan, I suppose you can't blame me. :p I hope that doesn't make me a bandwagon-er. I don't consider the type of fan I am to be that, though. :D I admire Nole a lot, he seems like a great guy.

It's okay, we'll forgive you for being late ;) :lol: Not everyone can be first on the bandwagon, as long as they get on it eventually that's good enough I think ;)

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 01:00 AM
It was so obvious :lol:

Yeah I agree though. MTF is the place to be :rocker2:

MTF was the downfall of the LJ tennis scene. I had no time for my 90235802 communities once I got involved here. :(

neenah
07-03-2007, 01:05 AM
It's okay, we'll forgive you for being late ;) :lol: Not everyone can be first on the bandwagon, as long as they get on it eventually that's good enough I think ;)

I agree. It's a great way to become a fan of a player, when they do something that really grabs people's attention. :D

ataptc
07-03-2007, 01:24 AM
I was pretty late too :(

savesthedizzle
Only one forgiveness a day. You might have to wait until tomorrow! Good news though, it is tomorrow in just 2.5 hours here. :D

ataptc
MTF was the downfall of the LJ tennis scene. I had no time for my 90235802 communities once I got involved here. :(
I updated my LJ less when I found MTF too

ataptc
07-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Only one forgiveness a day. You might have to wait until tomorrow! Good news though, it is tomorrow in just 2.5 hours here. :D
:lol: It is already Tuesday here :p

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 01:28 AM
:lol: It is already Tuesday here :p

You are quite lucky I am not making you wait until Wednesday then ;) :lol:

Scotso
07-03-2007, 01:29 AM

It seems so, though. When I first joined this board, it was mostly adults. Now it seems the majority of posters are teenagers. It makes me feel old. :sad:

I think we're turning this into another chat thread. :help:

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 01:30 AM
It seems so, though. When I first joined this board, it was mostly adults. Now it seems the majority of posters are teenagers. It makes me feel old. :sad:

All threads become chat threads. It's inevitible.

ataptc
07-03-2007, 01:31 AM
You are quite lucky I am not making you wait until Wednesday then ;) :lol:

Yay for time difference :dance:

ataptc
07-03-2007, 01:31 AM
And I'm always involved :o

savesthedizzle
07-03-2007, 01:39 AM
And I'm always involved :o

Moi aussi. :awww:

fightclubber
07-03-2007, 01:46 AM

I feel like a dinasor here
;)
Nice reading all the intros!

Hi AC!

silvy

ataptc
07-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Moi aussi. :awww:
:hug: to us

ataptc
07-03-2007, 01:58 AM
I feel like a dinasor here
;)
Nice reading all the intros!

Hi AC!

silvy

Nah you're not that old right? :hug:

jeahhh!
07-03-2007, 05:13 AM
I know that :D And now we have Marina too.

Wonderful.:D

jeahhh!
07-03-2007, 05:14 AM

Yes his fans are very good people.:rocker2::p

jeahhh!
07-03-2007, 05:17 AM

And the Tweedlettes can not be blamed this time.:D:angel:

Tweedle pride:rocker2:

Sorry about all the posts I still can't multi quote.:sobbing:

ataptc
07-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Wonderful.:D
Yes :D
:hug: You could open a few tabs then cut and copy them into one window ;)

neenah
07-03-2007, 12:40 PM

That's why I don't usually attempt conversation on MTF - I'm too young, I feel inferior or naïve. :p

And it's "introductory" chat. ;)

jeahhh!
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes :D

:hug: You could open a few tabs then cut and copy them into one window ;)

Oooh I could.:D

kirkicica
07-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
another chat tread :lol:. This time I wasn't involved.

Am I among the elders too :scratch:. I'm not a teenager but I feel like one these days.

jitterbug
07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm Nole's age. Does that make me young or elderly? :p

PennyThePenguin
07-03-2007, 02:13 PM
The first tennis match I had ever watched on tv was USO 2000 mens final.

great match :angel:

And the Tweedlettes can not be blamed this time.:D:angel:

Tweedle pride:rocker2:

:woohoo:

and I figured out the reason for the inability to multi-quote. it's the extension we installed. u have to select it so that it doesn't block mtf.com, but blocks everything else. click on "options" at the bottom of the page, and "allow mtf"

jeahhh!
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
great match :angel:

:woohoo:

and I figured out the reason for the inability to multi-quote. it's the extension we installed. u have to select it so that it doesn't block mtf.com, but blocks everything else. click on "options" at the bottom of the page, and "allow mtf"
:kiss::kiss: So smart of you tweedledee.:D

I can multi quote:woohoo:

PennyThePenguin
07-03-2007, 02:24 PM
*smart*

marina988
07-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm a year younger than Nole.....I guess we're elderly here! :(

ataptc
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
LOL guys no one here is an elderly k. :lol:

Lee
07-04-2007, 12:10 AM
elderly :eek: :speakles:

I'm old enough to be the mother of anyone who post here :lol:

I am Lee. I was dragged into a Nole fan because of Jess. ;) (actually because of Becca who owe it to Jess, I think)

I am also a registered Gugaholics like Jiat. A Schuettler fan who is classified as the endangered species lately. So, you can see the only player I can really watch on TV these days is Nole. :shrug:

edit: I forgot to add I have an 11 years old son and a hubby. ;) I am planning to change the status of fulltime mother but too lazy to put any effort.

fightclubber
07-04-2007, 12:16 AM

Nah you're not that old right? :hug:
Like 2 Novak!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But younger than him in spirits;) ;) ;)

savesthedizzle
07-04-2007, 12:38 AM

Young :D

elderly :eek: :speakles:

I'm old enough to be the mother of anyone who post here :lol:

I am Lee. I was dragged into a Nole fan because of Jess. ;) (actually because of Becca who owe it to Jess, I think)

I am also a registered Gugaholics like Jiat. A Schuettler fan who is classified as the endangered species lately. So, you can see the only player I can really watch on TV these days is Nole. :shrug:

edit: I forgot to add I have an 11 years old son and a hubby. ;) I am planning to change the status of fulltime mother but too lazy to put any effort.

Becca has me to thank. She was like "Djoko-who?" one moment and then ogling him the next :p Aww Montreal was so much fun. :awww:

Baghdatis72
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm a year younger than Nole.....I guess we're elderly here! :(

:o :eek: Elderly?

savesthedizzle
07-04-2007, 11:35 PM
No one is elderly except for Scott because he seems to think he is ;)

No one else worry. :lol: Especially not anyone Nole's age or younger. :lol:

Baghdatis72
07-04-2007, 11:38 PM

That's what I was thinking too ;)

jeahhh!
07-05-2007, 12:58 AM

:banana:

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Young :D

Becca has me to thank. She was like "Djoko-who?" one moment and then ogling him the next :p Aww Montreal was so much fun. :awww:
Montreal was awesome. I was just thinking about that the other day when I was skimming through an old journal of mine :)

To be fair, I knew who Djokovic was. I just didn't really know or care what he looked like until you pointed him out ;)

amdany
07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
:wavey: I'm Amdany,I'm 21 and I'm French.
I'm a Nole fan of course but I'm also a huge Marat fan.I also like Monfils,Pim Pim,Golovin,Tursunov,Youzhny...
Apart from tennis I also like football (look at my avatar Anelka is my hubby:p ;) )

Suzi
07-13-2007, 10:14 AM
well maybe i should intro myself for those who dont already know me:

My name is Suzi, im 20 (just a month younger than nole :p)and contary to what my flag says i actually live in England. I started liking nole only recently (I Know slaps hands should of been earlier). I just think he has soooo much potential and has a great presense on court even when times are down!

My other tennis faves can be seen in my sig :)

savesthedizzle
07-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Montreal was awesome. I was just thinking about that the other day when I was skimming through an old journal of mine :)

To be fair, I knew who Djokovic was. I just didn't really know or care what he looked like until you pointed him out ;)

:angel:

:wavey: I'm Amdany,I'm 21 and I'm French.
I'm a Nole fan of course but I'm also a huge Marat fan.I also like Monfils,Pim Pim,Golovin,Tursunov,Youzhny...
Apart from tennis I also like football (look at my avatar Anelka is my hubby:p ;) )

Welcome :wavey:

well maybe i should intro myself for those who dont already know me:

My name is Suzi, im 20 (just a month younger than nole :p)and contary to what my flag says i actually live in England. I started liking nole only recently (I Know slaps hands should of been earlier). I just think he has soooo much potential and has a great presense on court even when times are down!

My other tennis faves can be seen in my sig :)

:dance: And an official welcome for you too, even though you've been posting here for a few days now ;) :wavey:

amdany
07-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Welcome :wavey

Layla13
07-13-2007, 07:56 PM
...Hi, I'm new here, and I really can't read previous posts :) I hope I'll find the way to catch up everything...
My name is Nena, I'm from Serbia, I adore sport, especially tennis, and of course Novak Djokovic!! I'm 23...hmm...bla, bla :)...That's it for now...
A BIG Hello for everyone!!

savesthedizzle
07-13-2007, 07:57 PM
...Hi, I'm new here, and I really can't read previous posts :) I hope I'll find the way to catch up everything...
My name is Nena, I'm from Serbia, I adore sport, especially tennis, and of course Novak Djokovic!! I'm 23...hmm...bla, bla :)...That's it for now...

:wavey: Welcome to MTF and most importantly to our forum :D

Layla13
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanx!!! I know I'll enjoy here :D

jeahhh!
07-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Welcome:wavey:

Layla13
07-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Thanx to u 2!!!

jitterbug
07-14-2007, 04:18 AM

:hug: hello!

belco
07-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Ermm bit late.. My own fault for not coming in anymore..

Im Dejan and im 26* :sobbing: I live in Australia too =)

Im a big fan of all the serbs (apart from that tool called boris) I leave to go to Serbia in 9** days :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

* Correct at time of publishment
** Correct at time of publishment

neenah
07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Welcome to all the new people! :D

For those who don't feel like reading back, I'm Nina. :)

Layla13
07-14-2007, 05:04 PM
omg, I'm so confused, i don't know who is who, haha :)

@ belco
Are you relly coming to Serbia?!

MosquitoBitten
07-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi! I don't post much but I love watching Nole play and enjoy reading all your posts here! :) I have a stupid question - how do you pronounce Nole? Is there an accent on the "e"? I see it written all the time, but I've never heard anyone speak it. :unsure:

jitterbug
07-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Hi! I don't post much but I love watching Nole play and enjoy reading all your posts here! :) I have a stupid question - how do you pronounce Nole? Is there an accent on the "e"? I see it written all the time, but I've never heard anyone speak it. :unsure:

I think it's something like No-lay :scared: could any of the Serbian-speaking posters verify this?

savesthedizzle
07-16-2007, 04:27 AM
Roughly I believe so too.. surely someone here is going to get technical with pronunciations, but I was with someone recently who speaks Serbian and that's pretty much how she said it as we cheered ;)

Layla13
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
I think it's something like No-lay :scared: could any of the Serbian-speaking posters verify this?

It's like Spanish "ole" (cheering), just put N before "ole"!! Something like that, I think it's easier like this...Don't know?! Try...:cool:

new now
07-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Hi, I'm Jelena, I'm from Serbia. I love tennis and our player because I practiced tennis before, but I had to give up because knee injury and this is my favorite sport. Since then, I play for fun and of course, watch matches every time I can. That's it for now

jitterbug
07-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi, I'm Jelena, I'm from Serbia. I love tennis and our player because I practiced tennis before, but I had to give up because knee injury and this is my favorite sport. Since then, I play for fun and of course, watch matches every time I can. That's it for now

I'm sorry to hear that :hug:

Welcome! :wavey:

new now
07-22-2007, 02:24 AM
I get over it long time ago, but thanks

PennyThePenguin
07-22-2007, 06:38 AM
welcome!!! :wavey:

Anj@
07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello everybody. my name is Anya and I came here mostly because of Novak and Rafa. They're my absolute favorites, especially Nole because he's my country man:cool:
Salut to all once again, and let's enjoy tennis:wavey:

Layla13
07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Dobrodoshla!!!! WELCOME!!!

adynadal
07-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Dobrodoshla i ot mene!
i came here because of Nole and Rafi,too,so now we are 2:p !

you`ll have some great time here because we are all true Nole`s fans!:D so ENJOY and WELCOME once again!:wavey:

Anj@
07-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Hvala & Thanx:hatoff:

adynadal, always a pleasure meeting a Rafa fan...:wavey:

JustDoIt
07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Even though I am reading this forum for ages I havent posted here, yet :)

I am Danilo, 18 y. old from Novi Sad ( Serbia ) :wavey:

adynadal
07-29-2007, 07:54 PM

it`s always great to see new faces here!it`s even better when they are fans of Sakis:inlove: (the same with Rafa`s fans:p )!Welcome,Danilo,i also needed some time before i started posting here and so did a lot of other people but i`m sure that you won`t regret!Enjoy your time with us and WELCOME!:wavey:

savesthedizzle
07-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Welcome :)

Layla13
07-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Dobrodoshao Danilo!!! :)

PennyThePenguin
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
hello! :wavey:

jeahhh!
07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome!:wavey:

JustDoIt
07-30-2007, 05:29 PM
:awww:

ataptc
07-30-2007, 11:55 PM
:wavey: everyone

:awww:
What's wrong? :hug:

JustDoIt
08-01-2007, 12:11 PM
What's wrong?

Warm welcome :)

ataptc
08-01-2007, 12:16 PM

We welcome everyone warmly :D

Layla13
08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Touchy?! :) Don't cry, bounce, hehe :bounce:

uglyamerican
08-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Hello. :)

JustDoIt
08-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Hello

:dance:

uglyamerican
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.belgrade-gay.com/novi_sad_photos/novi_sad_5.jpg

What do yo do in Novi Sad, Danilo?

musefanatic
08-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi i'm steffi, and just recently become more of a Nole fan ever since Wimbledon really :)

JustDoIt
08-02-2007, 04:43 PM
What do yo do in Novi Sad, Danilo?

My father works in that building :secret:

peacechick
08-02-2007, 05:19 PM
:eek: I only noticed this thread now, shocking..
anyway, I'm Irene, 18, Dutch but moving to Cologne (Germany) in October and I'm Markotard no. 2 :lol:

Layla13
08-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Welcome!!

jitterbug
08-03-2007, 01:43 AM
:eek: I only noticed this thread now, shocking..
anyway, I'm Irene, 18, Dutch but moving to Cologne (Germany) in October and I'm Markotard no. 2 :lol:

You can go stalk Maki in Munich :rocker2: :lol:

uglyamerican
08-03-2007, 11:20 AM
You can go stalk Maki in Munich :rocker2: :lol:

Koln is only like 1/6 of the way from Holland to Munich. :p

jitterbug
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM

German geography isn't my strong suit :lol:

peacechick
08-03-2007, 06:33 PM

True :D But I have to go there atleast once for some conferention or whatever they call it :rolleyes:
I'd prefer to skip that and stalk Maki instead :lol:

tennis-freak
08-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey! I'm Ana and I'm like one of the biggest Nole fans in the world:D I watched him in one of his fist (if not the first) ATP matches. It was in Umag and although he didn't make it to the main draw we were all sure that he has a bright future. :)
Anyway I also met Marko this year and we had a short chat...;) He's the same age as me so I was a bit surprised when I saw him, because he looks older...:) He's incredibly cute (his older brother too, of course) and he seems like a nice person:D
That would be all from my side and I'll post some pictures of the two of them in Umag if I'll remember:angel:

jeahhh!
08-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Welcome:wavey:

jitterbug
08-04-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey! I'm Ana and I'm like one of the biggest Nole fans in the world:D I watched him in one of his fist (if not the first) ATP matches. It was in Umag and although he didn't make it to the main draw we were all sure that he has a bright future. :)
Anyway I also met Marko this year and we had a short chat...;) He's the same age as me so I was a bit surprised when I saw him, because he looks older...:) He's incredibly cute (his older brother too, of course) and he seems like a nice person:D
That would be all from my side and I'll post some pictures of the two of them in Umag if I'll remember:angel:

Hello Ana! :wavey:

savesthedizzle
08-04-2007, 01:32 AM
:wavey: Welcome :)

PennyThePenguin
08-04-2007, 05:00 AM
welcome!!! :bounce:

adynadal
08-04-2007, 10:57 AM
WELCOME and ENJOY your time spend with us here!:bounce:

adie
08-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Hi, my name is Aditi (Adie is the nickname I prefer). I am 19, and I'm from Vancouver, Canada.
My favourite players are Nole (of course XD), Federer (:worship: ), Ancic and Dancevic, among many others. I'm also a beginning to become a fan of Sam Querrey, after I met him last Saturday.
I hope I will be welcomed in this forum full of Novak fans just like me.
I used to play tennis, but have lost touch thanks to university *grumbles*.

Thanks so much for this intro forum! I had previously felt so overwhelmed by the number of people who knew each other. :eek:

Anyways, that's all from me...I can talk about tennis for ages if no one shuts me up.

Hi everybody! :wavey:

savesthedizzle
08-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Hi, my name is Aditi (Adie is the nickname I prefer). I am 19, and I'm from Vancouver, Canada.
My favourite players are Nole (of course XD), Federer (:worship: ), Ancic and Dancevic, among many others. I'm also a beginning to become a fan of Sam Querrey, after I met him last Saturday.
I hope I will be welcomed in this forum full of Novak fans just like me.
I used to play tennis, but have lost touch thanks to university *grumbles*.

Thanks so much for this intro forum! I had previously felt so overwhelmed by the number of people who knew each other. :eek:

Anyways, that's all from me...I can talk about tennis for ages if no one shuts me up.

Hi everybody! :wavey:

Welcome!!! Great first post! Good choice to make it here :D

I'm Jess! Welcome :D :D

Anywayyyyyyyyy everyone here is great, so hopefully you'll feel at home here in no time and if you need anything, I moderate these parts, so give me a holler ;)

PennyThePenguin
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
heeelooo!!! welcome!!! we're not scary at all!!! :D

OMC!!! i'm in jessita's siggy!!! :rocker: :rocker2: :woohoo:

Tess Gray
08-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Heey you guys!
I've just recently discovered Novak. I didn't like him at first, I thought he was kinda arogant (please don't slap me:angel: ) But I saw some interviews and little clips and I actually think he's REALY cute. I mean real, Realy, REALY cute. So you can see I've had a 180 turn around (or is it 360? whatever you know what i mean:p )

So anyway, my name is Tessa ( My friends all call me Tess or Tessjuh which turned out to be my nickname here...) I'm 15 and live in Holland. I've just recently become OBSESSED with tennis... about a year now:) My favorite players? I dunno, I usually pick one per match:angel:

I hope to see y'all around,
hugs & Kisses:wavey: :wavey:

PennyThePenguin
08-08-2007, 04:15 PM
hi tessa! welcome! glad you changed your mind about novakito :lol:

savesthedizzle
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
OMC!!! i'm in jessita's siggy!!! :rocker: :rocker2: :woohoo:

Heey you guys!
I've just recently discovered Novak. I didn't like him at first, I thought he was kinda arogant (please don't slap me:angel: ) But I saw some interviews and little clips and I actually think he's REALY cute. I mean real, Realy, REALY cute. So you can see I've had a 180 turn around (or is it 360? whatever you know what i mean:p )

So anyway, my name is Tessa ( My friends all call me Tess or Tessjuh which turned out to be my nickname here...) I'm 15 and live in Holland. I've just recently become OBSESSED with tennis... about a year now:) My favorite players? I dunno, I usually pick one per match:angel:

I hope to see y'all around,
hugs & Kisses:wavey: :wavey:

At least you have learned from your mistakes ;) :lol: Welcome :D :D

Tess Gray
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
hi tessa! welcome! glad you changed your mind about novakito :lol:

At least you have learned from your mistakes ;) :lol: Welcome :D :D

hehe:p thanks!

uglyamerican
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Heey you guys!

It happens....to go from total dislike to really liking a player. If you don't have any strong opinion about a player, at first, then it's almost impossible to become a fan.

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
oh great mod jessita :worship: would it be possible to have a sort of census like thing at the start of the thread? so silly, forgetful penguins like me will have something to match a username and name to?

jeahhh!
08-10-2007, 01:58 PM
oh great mod jessita :worship: would it be possible to have a sort of census like thing at the start of the thread? so silly, forgetful penguins like me will have something to match a username and name to?

Do peguins have bad memory's? :p

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
very. it comes from staring at the same block of ice every day

jeahhh!
08-10-2007, 02:07 PM
:awww::hug:

jitterbug
08-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Forgetful penguins are adorable :awww: they won't remember what a bad conversationalist you were and would agree to go out on a second date.

jeahhh!
08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
:lol:

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Forgetful penguins are adorable :awww: they won't remember what a bad conversationalist you were and would agree to go out on a second date.

if there was a first one to begin with :awww:

savesthedizzle
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
This census can be arranged ;) I shall do it later today :D

jitterbug
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
if there was a first one to begin with :awww:

50 First Dates :banana:

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2007, 02:16 PM

thank you oh great one :p

50 First Dates :banana:

:sad:

savesthedizzle
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
thank you oh great one :p

:sad:

Where have you picked up this amazing skill at groveling ;) :lol:

PennyThePenguin
08-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Where have you picked up this amazing skill at groveling ;) :lol:

:angel: not everyone's entitled to my grovelling ;)

Grofica
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
very. it comes from staring at the same block of ice every day

:haha:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I am going to go through now and do the census :)

I'm also wondering if we should sticky this. Thoughts and opinions on the issue of stickyness?

Jadranka
08-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello! :hug:
So, my name is Jadranka Novakovic :lol: and I'm 16. I live in Vienna but I was born in Stockholm. My mother comes from Croatia - Ston and my father comes from Bosnia - Sarajevo (but Serbian-orthodox). I speak many languages: German, English, Croatian, a little bit Swedish and Italian :) So, i just want to say that i'm making some Nole avas for you :wavey:

Ajde Nole! :worship:

jeahhh!
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I think stickying it would be good. Because when new people come in it would be right there for them to see.:)

jeahhh!
08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello guys!
So, my name is Jadranka Novakovic :lol: and I'm 16. I live in Vienna but I was born in Stockholm. My mother comes from Croatia - Ston and my father comes from Bosnia - Sarajevo (but Serbian-orthodox). So, i just want to say that i'm making some Nole avas for you :wavey:

Welcome:wavey: :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I think stickying it would be good. Because when new people come in it would be right there for them to see.:)

That's what I thought as well. For the census, I am keeping name and location :)

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
census complete and I added in our beloved webmaster even though he's never introduced himself in this thread :p

Jadranka
08-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Welcome:wavey: :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
So, my name is Jadranka Novakovic :lol: and I'm 16. I live in Vienna but I was born in Stockholm. My mother comes from Croatia - Ston and my father comes from Bosnia - Sarajevo (but Serbian-orthodox). I speak many languages: German, English, Croatian, a little bit Swedish and Italian :) So, i just want to say that i'm making some Nole avas for you :wavey:

Welcome :D :dance: :wavey:

jeahhh!
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
census complete and I added in our beloved webmaster even though he's never introduced himself in this thread :p

Looks good:yeah:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 04:52 PM

neenah
08-12-2007, 09:07 PM

Welcome. :) Oh, how I envy anyone who speaks more than one language. :lol:

neenah
08-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the list Jess. :D

jitterbug
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM

That's hot :hearts:

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 09:59 PM
ok, hard to admit, but until few moments ago I had no idea what list were you talking about :o

I should check page 1 of any thread more often.

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
:hug: It's okay, it's offical Novak day so we're all allowed to be slow on things today :)

kirkicica
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM
:hug: It's okay, it's offical Novak day so we're all allowed to be slow on things today :)
oh, thank you :worship:

:secret: in my time-zone, it's already tomorrow. early monday here. Can I have two slow days, since he played late?

savesthedizzle
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
oh, thank you :worship:

:secret: in my time-zone, it's already tomorrow. early monday here. Can I have two slow days, since he played late?

Just for you :lol:

Jadranka
08-13-2007, 08:02 AM
thank you :hug:

SerbianSmash
08-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi to all. I'm Vuk and I'm Serbian. Always loved tennis, and I still try to play it as often as possible. Nole is my clear favourite, but there are other players I like.
Literature is my field of work.

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi to all. I'm Vuk and I'm Serbian. Always loved tennis, and I still try to play it as often as possible. Nole is my clear favourite, but there are other players I like.

PennyThePenguin
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
thank you queen psycho jessita :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
thank you queen psycho jessita :hug:

You're welcome lovely Penguin :D

jennyian
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Started posting for quite sometime but i haven't formally introduced myself.

You can call me just the same as my username, jennyian. I'm 21 and from Manila (Philippines). Started watching tennis since i was 6 never lost my interest up til' now.

My all-time favorite player is Steffi Graf. I'm also a big fan of Roger Federer, JCF, Pete Sampras, Martina Hingis, Vaidisova and the 2 Anna/Ana. :lol:

I started watching Nolé's result last year whe he made a very big impression on me during the FO. I know i didn't mention him in my favorite players, that's cos he's in a different league. Federer used to be my "most-liked" men's tennis player, but undoubtedly it has become Nolé, my favorite men's player ever. I know cos' i havn't followed anyone's result as intently as i do with Nolé.

Safe to say that Steffi and Nolé (eventhough i'm a year older than him) are my tennis icons. :D

Sorry for the long post! :lol: Hope to get to know all of you! :)

jitterbug
08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Started posting for quite sometime but i haven't formally introduced myself.

You can call me just the same as my username, jennyian. I'm 21 and from Manila (Philippines). Started watching tennis since i was 6 never lost my interest up til' now.

My all-time favorite player is Steffi Graf. I'm also a big fan of Roger Federer, JCF, Pete Sampras, Martina Hingis, Vaidisova and the 2 Anna/Ana. :lol:

I started watching Nolé's result last year whe he made a very big impression on me during the FO. I know i didn't mention him in my favorite players, that's cos he's in a different league. Federer used to be my "most-liked" men's tennis player, but undoubtedly it has become Nolé, my favorite men's player ever. I know cos' i havn't followed anyone's result as intently as i do with Nolé.

Safe to say that Steffi and Nolé (eventhough i'm a year older than him) are my tennis icons. :D

Sorry for the long post! :lol: Hope to get to know all of you! :)

:hug: :wavey:

jennyian
08-13-2007, 03:29 PM
^Thanks for the welcome :)

ataptc
08-13-2007, 03:47 PM
So many newcomers.. Welcome all! :wavey: :D

ataptc
08-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Me too.. I would say I can speak one and a half languages, since my Mandarin is quite bad :lol:

neenah
08-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Me too.. I would say I can speak one and a half languages, since my Mandarin is quite bad :lol:

I'm not even at 1 and a half. :sad: Although I studied extra hard and tested out of Spanish three this year in high school, skipping it so I can take Spanish 5 next year as a senior. And I'm taking up German this year too. I want to focus on languages in college someday, so I'm getting there. :p

Back on topic: Welcome everyone! :D

uglyamerican
08-13-2007, 11:18 PM

Can you recommend an Ivo Andric book for someone who is unfamiliar with his work?

I was thinking of ordering The Bridge on the Drina.

uglyamerican
08-13-2007, 11:22 PM

Good idea. :yeah:

andyroxmysox12191
08-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Helloooooo :wavey: I thought maybe I should post here for once...I always tended to forget to come by though :sobbing:

I'm Mani (:

jeahhh!
08-14-2007, 01:44 AM
OMG MANI!!!!!HUISJHKIUSNUB*(SON*&YW$%AYUH
:wavey:Hi:hug::hug:

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 02:52 AM
MANI :D

And also welcome jennyian :D

Layla13
08-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Welcome to all newcomers :)

peacechick
08-14-2007, 11:35 AM

:lol: Who doesn't? I'm hoping to learn 10 in my entire life :angel:

Welcome to all newbies :wavey:

jitterbug
08-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Welcome to all newbies :wavey:

10? :eek: Impressive!

I only speak 2.15 languages :awww:

PennyThePenguin
08-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Helloooooo :wavey: I thought maybe I should post here for once...I always tended to forget to come by though :sobbing:

I'm Mani (:

MANIPREETHIEF!!!!!!

and hi jennyian!

:woohoo: we're growing :lol:

SerbianSmash
08-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Can you recommend an Ivo Andric book for someone who is unfamiliar with his work?

The Bridge on the Drina surely is a quality work, but I am always reluctant to recommend a novel to someone who I do not know really well, i.e. do not know their taste, personality, mentality, age...

Grofica
08-14-2007, 01:33 PM

''Na Drini cuprija" in original The bridge on Drina is the best his book so start with that book but be persistant because after reading first 50 pages you might find it too hard for reading ( I don't know for english translation though) but is very good book :)

after that you can read ''Prokleta avlija'' (The Damned Yard)

neenah
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM

That's impressive, good luck!

ataptc
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Do let us know when you come close to it :worship: :)

peacechick
08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm almost halfway through :banana: I already speak Dutch, English, German, French and working on Spanish and Russian...
Obviously the only thing I'm really good at are languages :lol:
and russian is HARD :(

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I found some of my old Italian assignments from only 2 years ago and I no longer know what they say :rolls: I already forgot all that Italian. I just looked at it and was like :shrug:

kirkicica
08-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm almost halfway through :banana: I already speak Dutch, English, German, French and working on Spanish and Russian...
Obviously the only thing I'm really good at are languages :lol:
and russian is HARD :(
wow!!! I only speak 3 (2.15 to me more honest), but if you add all ex-YU countries and languages, the number will be much higher.

p.s you speak Dutch? May I ask you for a favor??

peacechick
08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
of course, might not be able to help but I'll do what I can :D

kirkicica
08-14-2007, 08:45 PM
check your PM

ce2
08-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi,my name is Stefan.I am 17,and i go to high school.O and I am from Serbia,and live in Nis.I adore Novak and i have his autograph...:lol:

Lee
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Welcome Stefan. :wavey:

One suggestion: stay away posting in GM :angel:

ce2
08-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Why?thank you :)

kirkicica
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Welcome :wavey: iliti dobrodošao. :D

andyroxmysox12191
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
:sobbing: You guys gotta remind me to come here. I need to get in the habit of it :p

njnetswill
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Novak is one of two players I visit the fan forum for. :banana:

I am Will by the way. ;)

I speak 3 languages and I am learning Swedish for fun. :p

Lee
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Why?thank you :)

The General Message area is filled with crazy fans and haters. There's constant fan wars going on. Over time, you will know some threads/posts and posters really don't worth wasting your time to response.

Otherwise, you may have mud slinging at you without knowing why.

Lee
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
:sobbing: You guys gotta remind me to come here. I need to get in the habit of it :p

Easy, subscribe to this forum. ;)

ce2
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
thank you:wavey: iliti hvala :lol:

jeahhh!
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Will do.:p

savesthedizzle
08-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Novak is one of two players I visit the fan forum for. :banana:

I am Will by the way. ;)

I speak 3 languages and I am learning Swedish for fun. :p

:dance: :wavey:

Hey there!!! I never knew your name before and now I feel retarded since it's in your screen name.

It's been a rough day for me :rolls:

JustDoIt
08-16-2007, 07:20 PM
ce, pa ti si se i ovde dovukao ...

njnetswill
08-20-2007, 01:21 AM
:dance: :wavey:

Hey there!!! I never knew your name before and now I feel retarded since it's in your screen name.

It's been a rough day for me :rolls:

I think there are about 5 people who know my name. :tape:

In TT Sopot my doubles partner asked if I sent picks: "Did Will send picks?"

and the manager was: :confused:

neenah
08-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I think there are about 5 people who know my name. :tape:

In TT Sopot my doubles partner asked if I sent picks: "Did Will send picks?"

and the manager was: :confused:

When I saw your user name I took it to mean that the NJ Nets will do something. What, I don't know. :lol:

Baghdatis72
08-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Hello fellow Djoker fans :wavey:

Just popped by to say hi :)

Scotso
08-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Welcome to all the new guys :wavey:

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 03:02 AM
When I saw your user name I took it to mean that the NJ Nets will do something. What, I don't know. :lol:

Win, obviously, says the Nets fan/Jersey girl :dance:

:secret: That's what I thought too :rolls:

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Hello fellow Djoker fans :wavey:

Just popped by to say hi :)

Hiiiii :)

Baghdatis72
08-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Welcome to all the new guys :wavey:

Thanks Scotso :)

Hiiiii :)

njnetswill
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM

I made this silly screen name up when I was in elementary school. :p I never bothered changing it. :lol:

Yay New Jersey!

neenah
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Yay New Jersey!

Well I don't know much about sports other than tennis, but I suppose as a Jersian I can say I hope the NJ Nets will win! Woo NJ!

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I made this silly screen name up when I was in elementary school. :p I never bothered changing it. :lol:

Yay New Jersey!

That's like my email address which I made when I was 12. :tape:

It's luvDJblahblah. people now think it has something to do with DJokovic.. but erm.. it was alllll Derek Jeter ;)

NJ is taking over the forum :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm a Nets/Nuggets fan. Nuggets because I am loyal to Carmelo Anthony for life after he delivered me an NCAA championship. ;)

And an Eagles fan for football :rocker2:

And a Yankees fan :rocker2:

neenah
08-21-2007, 02:12 AM
That's like my email address which I made when I was 12. :tape:

I made one at younger than 12: ninalittlebug. :lol:

And a Yankees fan :rocker2:

I'm sort of a Yankee fan! But the only game I ever went to of theirs was that one last week where they lost 0-12. :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
08-21-2007, 02:15 AM
I made one at younger than 12: ninalittlebug. :lol:

I'm sort of a Yankee fan! But the only game I ever went to of theirs was that one last week where they lost 0-12. :rolleyes:

When I was 12 is when people first started using the Internet :tape: :lol: Like.. my one friend was the only one out of my group of friends to have AOL and we used to think it was the COOLEST THING EVER to go use instant messanger to talk to strangers :rolls: :rolls:

So basically the one I made at age 12 was my first one ever ;) :rolls: I need a new one but I'm so used to the luvdj one :(

It's like my username on here, I want a new one but I wouldn't know what to change it to :p

mistry
08-21-2007, 04:43 AM
hey!
i've been lurking the novak boards for ages.. figured i should finally introduce myslef.
name's mistry.
from montreal canada
nole fan since: roger's cup 2005. (when i watched both his quallifying matches... since then i've never been fond of davide sanguinetti)

PennyThePenguin
08-21-2007, 11:32 AM
HI!!! i've seen you somewhere else haven't I? :scratch:

amdany
08-21-2007, 11:35 AM
:wavey: mistry, welcome :D

PennyThePenguin
08-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I know where I've seen you! andyland! :D

neenah
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
When I was 12 is when people first started using the Internet :tape: :lol: Like.. my one friend was the only one out of my group of friends to have AOL and we used to think it was the COOLEST THING EVER to go use instant messanger to talk to strangers :rolls: :rolls:

So basically the one I made at age 12 was my first one ever ;) :rolls: I need a new one but I'm so used to the luvdj one :(

It's like my username on here, I want a new one but I wouldn't know what to change it to :p

Yeah I remember feeling so cool when I got instant messenger. Last night I was making plans with my friends on it and my 11-year-old brother was fascinated by it. I don't usually like when he sits and watches me but he was actually in a good mood for once so I didn't argue. :lol: But the whole fascination with it must be an 11/12-year-old thing. :lol:

neenah
08-21-2007, 02:54 PM
hey!
i've been lurking the novak boards for ages.. figured i should finally introduce myslef.
name's mistry.
from montreal canada
nole fan since: roger's cup 2005. (when i watched both his quallifying matches... since then i've never been fond of davide sanguinetti)

Hi Mistry. :) I'm Nina.

mistry
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
hey penny..
your right! I'ts quite strange to be recognized..
i used to post on andyroddick.com quite a bit..
back in the day where i was still trying to convince myself he wasn't an ass.

nice to meet you nina and amdany

Baghdatis72
08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
hey!
name's mistry.
from montreal canada

Hi Mistry I'm Andreas :)

jeahhh!
08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
hey!
name's mistry.
from montreal canada

Hi:wavey: :)

kirkicica
08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
A big :wavey: and welcome to all new people here!

Baghdatis72
08-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Hello kirkicica :wavey:

kirkicica
08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Call me Jelena. No need to twist your tongue (or keyboard in this case) with my username ;)

Baghdatis72
08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Call me Jelena. No need to twist your tongue (or keyboard in this case) with my username ;)

Cool nice to meet you Jelena :)

I'm Andreas.

jeahhh!
08-21-2007, 06:28 PM

:lol:

kirkicica
08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
hi :wavey:
now really, when I think about it even I twist my fingers while typing it.
Aimee :wavey: what's up?

Baghdatis72
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi Aimee :wavey:

What's up?

jeahhh!
08-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Jelena,and Andreas:wavey:
Umm really nothing I'm bored:(

How are you guys?

Baghdatis72
08-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi Jelena,and Andreas:wavey:
Umm really nothing I'm bored:(

How are you guys?

I just came home and I'm very tired but I don't mind. I'll probably cook some pasta and watch a film after a while :D

kirkicica
08-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm just going out to some party (I think it will be boring like hell, but I have to go).

Other than that, I'm a bit busy, working, singing and hanging out.