06-24-2007, 11:55 PM
arnaud will play this guy last up on court 13 on monday:

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_q4_mahut2_aec_tl.jpg

:scared: lol

higherlaw
06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
arnaud will play this guy last up on court 13 on monday:

and that guy beat him...:p i

but, once again, he still has doubles (and they're seeded 10). i hope mika has recovered sufficiently!

Marine
06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
2 finals in a row, then a loss at first round, such a pity... :sad:

Via
06-26-2007, 11:45 PM
it would be a shame if mahut lost too, after all that effort in qualifying. uhh no one should lose. there are so many guys who don't have a clue how to play on grass!

so hopefully there's still something to talk about on this thread if the doubles go well.

ps. if it's any comfort, big ivo has lost to fabrice :p

Via
06-28-2007, 12:03 AM
doubles alert: To Finish 6-2 6-1 3-0

looks like mika has recovered :)

Via
07-01-2007, 01:22 AM
after 2 days of playing, the 2nd doubles match is thus

To Finish 3-6 4-6 7-6(5) 7-6(9) 9-9

:lol:

(clement/llodra are the pair who led two sets then gave them away in two tie-breaks :rolleyes: i think the organisers must be as :mad: as they are)

Hangdog
07-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Looks like they won it after all with 14-12 in the final set. But ehhhh... :scratch: how many days were they playing the match??!! lol There is even no time by set info :o But it looks like one of the longest doubles matches of the year?

And it seems the guys have a chance to meet their "bêtes noir" from Russia in the next round.

Marine
07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2007/

"Je pense que Mika peut aussi faire la cuisine !" :lol:
Signé Arnaud Clément, qui partage désormais sa maison située près de Wimbledon avec son frère d'entraîneur, Bruno, mais aussi Michaël Llodra, qui a remplacé au pied levé Sébastien Grosjean. "La Clé" et "Mika" sont toujours en course en double, après s'être imposé 14/12 au cinquième set, ce lundi, face à la paire américaine Reynolds-Delic, au deuxième tour.

Audio interview after his marathon double in 4 days... he thougt it was funny in 4 days, but only cos he won. He talks about his holiday, then his house in Wimbledon village... " on était trois et seb est parti mais on a un nouveau avec mika, mais ça sera pas lui qui fera la cuisine...mais vous savez, sebastien qui fait pas la cuisine, il m'a fait la cuisine un soir pendant le queens, j'etais rentré tard parce que j'avais un match, eh ben quand je suis arrivé, tout était prêt , la table et les pates...donc je pense que mika est capable de faire ça aussi" :lol:

Oh i'd love to see them at home ! lol

Via
07-03-2007, 02:06 AM
:wavey: good to see you two again, i thought everyone's gone on summer holidays! lol

arnaud :rolleyes: no need to give excuse, mika is doing as much work on the court as he is, so why should mika be cooking? arnaud's just bullying seb, that's how i see it :p

higherlaw
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
:umbrella: this has been almost unbearable :p sometimes the matches are replayed three times a day on TV!

anyway, glad to see he's moved along in doubles. and, thanks marine for the link and info; quite cute.

Hangdog
07-03-2007, 09:50 PM
:wavey: good to see you two again, i thought everyone's gone on summer holidays! lol

arnaud :rolleyes: no need to give excuse, mika is doing as much work on the court as he is, so why should mika be cooking? arnaud's just bullying seb, that's how i see it :p

I have to say I'm not sure whether at least some kind of real holidays exists in this country :p But glad to see you all again, too!

Well, if Arnaud was still playing in singles then he might have some possibility to occupy Micka with cooking lol A funny interview anyway! And talking about "the guys at home", I think there were some pictures on this topic, not sure if you remember them.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3527/guest60001bp8.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guest60001bp8.jpg) http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2581/guest60002qg4.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guest60002qg4.jpg)

So don't know if they have the same mess around in Wimbledon but I won't be surprised if after all these smart talks it is Arnaud one to care about meal :)

Marine
07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks Irina, I knew the first pic, not the second one (taken in l'alpe d'huez last winter)...arnaud seems to like cooking.

Via
07-03-2007, 11:27 PM
:lol: that's the winter training that they do?

i'm sure you're right, irina... after all that's been said, the sad truth is, arnaud must be the one cooking for everyone, though he won't admit it :devil: lol

anyway the cooking duo will be on court again on wednesday, their match is first up so should be least affected by any rain delay... the organisers must be pretty scared by their marathons by now.

higherlaw
07-04-2007, 01:26 PM
:wavey: thanks for the pix, hangdog! i have never seen them before!

pavel and johansson retire 57 36 01, so arnaud and mika move on to the quarterfinals:cool:

Marine
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Clement/llodra d. Levy/Ram 6/3 6/2 6/2 ! :D
They're in semi !

Via
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
yeah:banana: and getting it done in an hour and a half too, much improved efficiency :worship:

higherlaw
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
:) now they'll play Brazilians Marcelo Melo and Andre Sa.

Via
07-07-2007, 01:31 AM
i know all the excitement and attention is in the singles, but arnaud and mika may have a better chance among the french surprises to make it to a final. of course i hope all the frenchies will win on saturday. ALLEZ :D

ps. of course marion is already in a final! i mean winning on saturday :)

Marine
07-07-2007, 07:00 PM
They're in FINAL !:woohoo: :bigclap:

They won in 3 sets. I just saw the match point.
They're the last french hopes after Marion and Richard's loses, but they'll play the Bryans... :o

http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2007/?id=2860

ps: after a tensious match between melo/Sa et Benneteau/mahut at first round, sure arnaud and mika were happy to "régler leurs comptes" with the brazilians (to venge their friends) as they said before the match...
Now they can drink a bottle of excellent wine, as after every win in wimbledon...lol

higherlaw
07-07-2007, 08:13 PM
They're in FINAL !:woohoo: :bigclap:

They won in 3 sets. I just saw the match point.
They're the last french hopes after Marion and Richard's loses, but they'll play the Bryans... :o

http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2007/?id=2860

ps: after a tensious match between melo/Sa et Benneteau/mahut at first round, sure arnaud and mika were happy to "régler leurs comptes" with the brazilians (to venge their friends) as they said before the match...
Now they can drink a bottle of excellent wine, as after every win in wimbledon...lol

:banana: can they win??

...and thanks for the link.

Hangdog
07-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Micka is as funny as usually talking about a bottle of wine lol Thank you for the link, Marine!

It’s really impressing that they are in the final of Wimbledon. And glad to see they are in such a good mood :) Best of luck for the big day.
After all the Bryans are not Federer lol

Via
07-07-2007, 11:56 PM
well you know i can't understand any of that, so i'll trust what you say about these two drinking a lot :tape:

no bryans are not federer and they had beaten the bryans right in front of my eyes not that long ago! but five sets are very different from two sets + super tiebreak, so another marathon is possible. i just hope for a win so that we might be treated to another striptease :devil: they are both game enough for such celebration but i don't remember they had done it together, only separately!

Marine
07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I don't think Mika meant they use to get drunk after every win, at the contrary they degustate a good bottle of wine, that sounds more serious. ;)

For the strip tease, it's still a bit early to talk about any celebration, the bryans are the double version of federer ! They're the big favorites.
But I don't think they would dare to "do it" a front of the so felted and conservated crowd ! So shoking ! lol

Via
07-08-2007, 01:59 AM
I don't think Mika meant they use to get drunk after every win, at the contrary they degustate a good bottle of wine, that sounds more serious. ;)

For the strip tease, it's still a bit early to talk about any celebration, the bryans are the double version of federer ! They're the big favorites.
But I don't think they would dare to "do it" a front of the so felted and conservated crowd ! So shoking ! lol

i think it would be ok, the people in the royal box could cover their eyes :cool: and the rest of the crowd would cheer on happily! lol

i just hope that the thought of this dilemma will not bring their campaign undone! :lol:

too bad this match is scheduled at about the same time as the men's final, and we all know who we will be watching on telly...

Marine
07-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I cross my fingers, maybe canal+ will show the match until the mens final starts... :angel:

higherlaw
07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
lucky this will be on tv for you guys! i am suffering watching the online scoreboard. 3-3 in the first. anything can happen. this is so great for them!:)

Anne-Claire
07-08-2007, 03:43 PM
They just won the wimbledon title :bounce:
Well done guys :yeah:

Marine
07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
FANTASTIC !

They won 6-7 (5/7), 6-3, 6-4, 6-4
No strio tease according the first pics, just tee shirts and all the rackets thrown in the crowd...lol

Anne-Claire
07-08-2007, 04:39 PM
so much in love :haha:

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070708/all/l2630980.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070708/all/l2630979.jpg

Marine
07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
A. Clement / M. Llodra - 8 July
Sunday, 8 July, 2007

Arnaud Clement (FRA)[10]/ Michael Llodra (FRA)[10] beat Bob Bryan (USA)[1]/Mike Bryan (USA)[1] 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4

Q. We are told it's the first time in 74 years that a French pair has won the men's doubles here. How does that feel?

ARNAUD CLEMENT: The first thing is not about the 74 years, it's about us. For me, it's very special because for me it's my first Grand Slam title in double. For Michael, it's the third one.

But for me it's a very special feeling. Winning a Grand Slam with one of my best friends, it's more special.

Q. Your celebrations were as wild and ecstatic as any I've seen. You went mad out there, didn't you?

ARNAUD CLEMENT: You didn't see Michael in the Australian Open a few years ago.

MICHAEL LLODRA: But we have to be more relaxed in England. I don't want to shock anyone.
(I was right Via... :lol:)

Q. We thought you were going to go naked at one stage.

MICHAEL LLODRA: Probably if it was in Roland Garros. But in England, you know, it's not my hometown, so...
(I can't imagine what he would have done in Roland Garros...lol)

Q. Why were you throwing your racquets and shirts into the crowd?

MICHAEL LLODRA: Seriously, I have to play next week a tournament in Newport. I have no more racquets now. I don't know what I am doing now (smiling).

ARNAUD CLEMENT: That's a very big problem. He gave mine.

Q. Who was the person you got the shirt from at the end when you realized you didn't have a shirt to collect the trophy?

ARNAUD CLEMENT: My brother, my coach.

MICHAEL LLODRA: I forget I only have one shirt. He have to give me his shirt.

Q. You borrowed a shirt off your partner's brother?

MICHAEL LLODRA: Yes.

Q. You gave him a towel as a souvenir?

MICHAEL LLODRA: Not as a souvenir. We take a lot of souvenir here, don't worry (laughter).

Q. Can you talk a bit about the match, how you think you both played. In your second round you were match point down, that is correct?

MICHAEL LLODRA: It was not really a match point.

ARNAUD CLEMENT: About this match?

Q. No. You were a match point down in your second round match.

ARNAUD CLEMENT: Yeah. In the second round it was a very tough match. Two guys with two big serves. It was very tough to return.

But, you know, match point on Michael's serve, it's not really a match point (smiling). It's 99% chance to win the point, so it's okay.

Q. After that match did you think you could go on to win the whole thing?

MICHAEL LLODRA: No. When we play together we play like each round like the best we can. Even when we were in final, you know, we do our best on the court. We'll see if we win or loss.

The best thing, it's to fight until the end. You have nothing to lose. So we play and we enjoy. That's the best.

Q. Your brother, Arnaud, his first name?

ARNAUD CLEMENT: Bruno.

Marine
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters_ids/20070708/16/1337893517.jpg
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070708/all/l2631002.jpg
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070708/all/l2631001.jpg Are they singing ?? lol
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070708/all/l2631008.jpg
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070708/all/l2631004.jpg

Marine
07-08-2007, 06:24 PM
"Franchement, il m'a déçu..."
Signé Arnaud Clément, qui parlait non pas de la performance sportive de Michaël Llodra, mais de la façon dont "Mika" a célébré leur victoire. Le Parisien s'est contenté de finir torse nu et de donner des raquettes au public. Quand il s'était imposé en Australie avec Fabrice Santoro, Llodra s'était lancé dans un strip-tease resté dans les mémoires

Petit joueur...he could have been the first french streaker...lol

-isabel-
07-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I just don't believe it!=))))) It's just so amazing!!! It was a great tournament for Nono and Michael! Congrats guys!!!

Hangdog
07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Great performance and a beautiful victory :worship: Also, a wonderful power of a bottle of some good French wine :lol:

I firstly managed to have a look at the pictures and was checking their interviews later so in the beginning I was a bit surprised they involved Bruno to their shirtless show, too lol Anyway all these photos are so absolutely cute :D

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8599/utc02if4.jpg

Marine
07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Irina, I make the first part of the job, I count on you to translate the text into english... ;)

Arnaud's audio interview (I love it)

C'est fabuleux, on a fait une semaine fantastique, en plus on était ensemble dans la même maison ça rajoute un peu plus à cette complicité qu'on a déjà... même si on a essayé d'aborder le match d'une manière identique, c'est toujours différent car on a le titre au bout et on voulait vraiment le gagner, et le gagner avec Mika c'est encore mieux qu'avec d'autres joueurs...
Wimbledon, vous vous rendez compte ?
Oui, mais je sais pas si ce qui compte le plus aujourd'hui c'est d'être champion de wimbledon ou de gagner un grand chelem, je dirais que c'est plus le fait de gagner un grand chelem, car oui je sais qu'il y a énormement de traditions et sans doute que pour la majorité des joueurs wimbledon représente le plus grand tournoi du monde, mais sincèrement pour moi le plus grand tournoi du monde c'est roland garros..en tout cas dans mon coeur . En tout cas je suis 'fantastiquement "heureux aujourd'hui
On a été très solide et aujourd"hui on a battu les numéro mondiaux en finale de wimbledon à la régulière, et sur l'ensemble du match on était bien meilleurs qu'eux...
Le prochain qu'on joue ensemble c'est l'us open, et on continuera à jouer ensemble en espérant gagner d'autres titres de grand chelem.
Meme si je suis pas spécialement introverti, Mika c'est le champion pour ça (faire le show), et à chaque fois il franchit une étape... et cette fois-ci, il a donné toutes ses raquette... et l'une des miennes aussi ! lol puis il a donné ses chaussures, c'est n'importe quoi, il a donné sa chemise donc il a du prendre la chemise de mon frère pour ne pas aller à la remise des trophées torse nu, donc c'est sûr que je peux pas rivaliser avec lui sur ça,
Question: Il a été moins bon qu'en australie quand même (avec son fameux strip tease)
Oui c'est vrai je m'attendais à mieux, franchement il m'a déçu...c'est bien beau de gagner wimbledon mais il aurait pu aller plus loin ! lol

"fantastiquement" :lol: new word !

MIKA IS CRAZY !!!!!!

Marine
07-08-2007, 08:54 PM
:worship: Also, a wonderful power of a bottle of some good French wine :lol:

No, champagne !!! :D

Hangdog
07-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Ok, let it be champagne :D Anyway it was not vodka which is an exceptional thing you can only get when you win in Russia lol And BTW, looking at such a brilliant performance of French players during this grass season I think they must prepare a grass count for the next DC tie with Russia. Then it'd be fun :)
Irina, I make the first part of the job, I count on you to translate the text into english... ;)
Are you serious? :scared: lol Yes, surely I can try (not before tomorrow's afternoon though), anyway I have to practise French. Though I'd prefer Micka's interview, it's more understandable :p

Kezzi
07-08-2007, 10:06 PM
And ofcourse I decided to cycle home from my grandmother during the showing of their shirtless performance :(
First time I could've seen Bruno shirtless :sad:
My timing isn't very good I guess :rolleyes:
But I keep my hopes up for nice people who put it on youtube ;)

Marine
07-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I think they must prepare a grass count for the next DC tie with Russia.
Sure, good idea, but it seems it's not possibe to have a grass court in france, dunno why...

Though I'd prefer Micka's interview, it's more understandable :p

Really ?

Marine
07-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Frenchmen Strip Doubles Title-Holders

Sunday, 8 July, 2007

Defending champions and top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan were stripped of their Men’s Doubles title by France's Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra, who celebrated by throwing their shirts into the crowd.

The fourth seeds, competing in their first grand slam final together, played a near-flawless match to scoop a 6-7 (5-7) , 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 victory and become the first all-French pairing to reach and win the Wimbledon doubles finals in the Open Era.

It was a fairytale ending for the men who faced a match point against them in their second round contest with Amer Delic and Bobby Reynolds. That match was played over three days due to rain, but today - in glorious sunshine - the players needed just over two-and-a-half hours to pocket their first Grand Slam title together.

Both teams produced breathtaking tennis in a first set peppered with spectacular passing shots and volleys. Much to the delight of the crowd, predominantly in favour of the Americans, the brothers clinched the first set on a tie-break.

But the Frenchmen, who are best friends off the court, edged ahead in the second thanks to some sparkling winners hit by Llodra and they had soon squared the match at one set all. Outstanding tennis prevailed in the third but the fourth seeds managed to sneak a break, enabling them to creep ahead by two sets to one.

It wasn’t that the Bryans, who have five grand slam Men’s Doubles titles to their name, were playing badly. It’s just that their immaculate balls were, somehow, being answered by the French pair with even more vigour.

Controversy overshadowed the fourth set when the chair umpire Lars Graff deemed Bob Bryan had hit the net-tape with his racket following a reflex volley. TV replays showed he didn’t but the decision cost the brothers the point, game and break. With no further breaks, the title eventually passed to the French duo.

Llodra and Clement were visibly delighted with their win, throwing their tennis racquets and shirts into the crowd and then, caught up in the excitement, giving away most of the contents of their tennis bags.

Chuckles then rippled around Court One, as it became clear that Llodra had gone further than his partner and hadn't hung on to at least one spare shirt.

Not wanting to collect his trophy shirtless, he dashed over to the players' box on No.1 Court and his modesty was saved by Arnaud's brother Bruno, who took off his own shirt and handed it over, allowing the player to collect the trophy with his dignity in tact.

After the match Llodra joked about his generosity. “Seriously, I have to play next week a tournament in Newport. I have no more racquets now. I don’t know what I am doing now.” Clement quipped: “That’s a very big problem. He gave them mine too.”

Via
07-09-2007, 12:58 AM
first of all, a BIG congrats to arnaud, wimbledon champion (the one that wasn't shown on tv) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: who would've thought???????????? (except me and my crystal ball, of course :p ) now i have to agree that he plays better on grass courts!

A. Clement / M. Llodra - 8 July
Sunday, 8 July, 2007

MICHAEL LLODRA: But we have to be more relaxed in England. I don't want to shock anyone.
(I was right Via... :lol:)

so it's ok to shock the aussies? :o :lol:

Q. You gave him a towel as a souvenir?

MICHAEL LLODRA: Not as a souvenir. We take a lot of souvenir here, don't worry (laughter).

:tape:

Great performance and a beautiful victory :worship: Also, a wonderful power of a bottle of some good French wine :lol:

I firstly managed to have a look at the pictures and was checking their interviews later so in the beginning I was a bit surprised they involved Bruno to their shirtless show, too lol Anyway all these photos are so absolutely cute :D

now that you've mentioned it, i think it's all in their plan to get bruno involved! how likely it was that bruno was also wearing white ???????? ::aplot:

And ofcourse I decided to cycle home from my grandmother during the showing of their shirtless performance :(
First time I could've seen Bruno shirtless :sad:
My timing isn't very good I guess :rolleyes:
But I keep my hopes up for nice people who put it on youtube ;)

:lol: :hug:

you have my sympathy... a shirtless bruno is as rare as a wimbly title, doesn't come every day.

anyway thank you everyone for the news, reports, and photos! :worship:

Via
07-09-2007, 01:32 AM
more photos
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ef/fullj.getty-tennis-wimbledon-clement-llodra_11_20_03_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/0a/fullj.getty-tennis-wimbledon-clement-llodra_11_15_20_am.jpg

(he looks only 5 feet in this pic, but it's a good action shot ;) )
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/34/fullj.getty-tennis-wimbledon-clement_10_33_02_am.jpg

Truc
07-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Sure, good idea, but it seems it's not possibe to have a grass court in france, dunno why...A bit OT, but there was an article about it in L'Équipe a few weeks ago:
En ratissant large, on dénombre seulement cinq (courts en gazon) : un dans le parc de l’ambassade de Grande-Bretagne à Paris ; deux dans le centre fédéral de Moliets (Landes), à côté d’un green de golf ; et deux dans un petit club de l’Aube, non loin de Troyes (où s’est disputé l’an dernier un tournoi réservé aux 3e et 2e Séries). « Mais il n’existe pas de club " à l’anglaise ", rappelle le DTN, Patrice Dominguez. À dire vrai, on n’envisage pas de construire des courts en gazon. Parce que ça représente un coût et un entretien considérables et que nous n’avons pas d’experts dans ce domaine. » Dort pourtant dans des cartons le projet d’une grande plateforme (trois ou quatre courts en herbe) au Racing-Club de France, à la Croix-Catelan. « On pourrait en reparler en 2008, confie Patrice Hagelauer. Ce serait formidable et je sais qu’Arnaud Lagardère se montre très intéressé par le projet. »
There are 5 grass courts in France: the English Embassy in Paris (that's where they train before Wimbledon); in Moliets (Landes); and near Troyes. But I assume all those courts are just practice courts, they don't have a structure big enough for a DC/Fed Cup tie.
Dominguez means they don't consider building grass courts because it's way too expensive and they don't have people able to take care of grass courts. But Hagelauer says there has been a project of building 3-4 grass courts at the Racing Club (in Paris) for a long time now and they might think again about it in 2008 with the financial help of Lagardère.

Marine
07-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you Truc. I knew there was a court in the english ambassy cos the players train there after losing easily in RG.
They could play in Les Landes, a DC tie could be played here, there are 2 courts...lol

Marine
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Question: did arnaud and mika go to the Ball yesterday evening ? Everybody was there, venus, fed, mixed winners, marion... no pics of them...

Truc
07-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I was wondering the same thing, it looks like they immediately left London. :shrug: Today's article says about Mika:
Le bordeaux, lui, l’attendait dès hier soir, à son retour à Paris.
A bottle of Bordeaux was waiting for him in Paris yesterday evening.

Marine
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes I've just read the article, they were back to Paris the evening, such a pity.

higherlaw
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
thanks to everyone for posting the pix, articles and translations! this is so great and based on what little was shown of the match here, they really deserved to win! they did not show the racquet and shirt throwing :( so the pix are quite nice.

lol i knew if he grew his hair he'd start winning again! queen's, nottingham and WIMBLEDON!

Hangdog
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Arnaud's audio interview (I love it)

C'est fabuleux, on a fait une semaine fantastique, en plus on était ensemble dans la même maison ça rajoute un peu plus à cette complicité qu'on a déjà... même si on a essayé d'aborder le match d'une manière identique, c'est toujours différent car on a le titre au bout et on voulait vraiment le gagner, et le gagner avec Mika c'est encore mieux qu'avec d'autres joueurs...
Wimbledon, vous vous rendez compte ?
Oui, mais je sais pas si ce qui compte le plus aujourd'hui c'est d'être champion de wimbledon ou de gagner un grand chelem, je dirais que c'est plus le fait de gagner un grand chelem, car oui je sais qu'il y a énormement de traditions et sans doute que pour la majorité des joueurs wimbledon représente le plus grand tournoi du monde, mais sincèrement pour moi le plus grand tournoi du monde c'est roland garros..en tout cas dans mon coeur . En tout cas je suis 'fantastiquement "heureux aujourd'hui
On a été très solide et aujourd"hui on a battu les numéro mondiaux en finale de wimbledon à la régulière, et sur l'ensemble du match on était bien meilleurs qu'eux...
Le prochain qu'on joue ensemble c'est l'us open, et on continuera à jouer ensemble en espérant gagner d'autres titres de grand chelem.
Meme si je suis pas spécialement introverti, Mika c'est le champion pour ça (faire le show), et à chaque fois il franchit une étape... et cette fois-ci, il a donné toutes ses raquette... et l'une des miennes aussi ! lol puis il a donné ses chaussures, c'est n'importe quoi, il a donné sa chemise donc il a du prendre la chemise de mon frère pour ne pas aller à la remise des trophées torse nu, donc c'est sûr que je peux pas rivaliser avec lui sur ça,
Question: Il a été moins bon qu'en australie quand même (avec son fameux strip tease)
Oui c'est vrai je m'attendais à mieux, franchement il m'a déçu...c'est bien beau de gagner wimbledon mais il aurait pu aller plus loin ! lol

"fantastiquement" :lol: new word !

MIKA IS CRAZY !!!!!!
English version:

It’s incredible! We’ve had a fantastic week, and moreover we’ve spent it together in the same house. It unifies us even more than we already are. Even if we’ve been trying to come to every match in the same manner, it’s always different to play a final because in the end you can get a title. We did want to win it, and to win it with Mika is even better than with other players.

It is Wimbledon, do you realize it?
Yes, but I don’t even know which thing is the most impressing for me, whether it is to become a Champion of Wimbledon or to win a Grand Slam. I would say that’s more of the second thing. Because yes, I know that there are many traditions and without any doubts Wimbledon is the greatest tournament in the world for the most of players, but for me the greatest tournament in the world is Roland Garros – it’s anyway in my heart. Whatever, I am "fantasticly" happy today.

We were absolutely solid and today we defeated the world’s numbers one in the final of Wimbledon in a fair play, and during the whole match we were better. We are proud of us, proud of the way we won this final today!

The next tournament we play together is US Open. So we continue playing together and we hope to win other Grand Slam titles.

Even if I’m not so introverted, Mika is the champion in such things (making shows). And each time he comes to another level. Today he’s given out all his racquets, and one of mine too! Then he’s given out his shoes. Can you imagine? He’s given out his T-shirt so he's had to take my brother’s one not to go to get his trophy shirtless. So it’s sure that I can’t compete with him in this!

Though he was less impressing than in Australia with his famous striptease.
Yes, it’s true. I’ve been looking forward to something better, frankly he has disappointed me. It’s so lovely to win Wimbledon but he could go even further!

Really ?
Well, yes, Micka doesn't invent new words and speaks less than 5 words/sec lol
A bit OT, but there was an article about it in L'Équipe a few weeks ago

Thanks for the article! Sure it's not easy to take care of a grass court during the whole year but still it could be a worth idea. So will see, if Lagardere is interested in the project then it's at least something..

lol i knew if he grew his hair he'd start winning again! queen's, nottingham and WIMBLEDON!
Powa in da hair :rocker2:

higherlaw
07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
The next tournament we play together is US Open. So we continue playing together and we hope to win other Grand Slam titles.

Powa in da hair :rocker2:

hmm, mika is also scheduled to play washington, will they not play doubles there?

really, that hair is sooooo much better.:D

Via
07-09-2007, 02:08 PM

English version:

Even if I’m not so introverted, Mika is the champion in such things (making shows).

:cuckoo: introverted? arnaud? he can't be this funny :lol:

as for the hair, if he hadn't cut it, it wouldn't have grown back so much nicer. there's a purpose in everything ;)

Kezzi
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
now that you've mentioned it, i think it's all in their plan to get bruno involved! how likely it was that bruno was also wearing white ???????? ::aplot:

:lol: :hug:

you have my sympathy... a shirtless bruno is as rare as a wimbly title, doesn't come every day.

anyway thank you everyone for the news, reports, and photos! :worship:
Thanks Arnaud and Michael for that plan ;)

I saw 3 seconds of a shirtless Bruno yesterday at the bbc summary :D

Kezzi
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the pics and translations :D

BTW What is that yellow band Arnaud is wearing in that pic where he's hugging Mika? I saw it somewhere else too, but can't find out if it means something or is just for fun.

Hangdog
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
You've scared me guys so I had to come back to the audio and check it again lol
hmm, mika is also scheduled to play washington, will they not play doubles there?

really, that hair is sooooo much better.:D
Well, the question was, I think, if they are going to continue playing Grand Slams together. And Arnaud said: "Well, the next tournament we'll play together... First, it's US Open". So I'm not sure what will happen in Washington but he's said it like they play no other tournaments before USO together.

:cuckoo: introverted? arnaud? he can't be this funny :lol:

as for the hair, if he hadn't cut it, it wouldn't have grown back so much nicer. there's a purpose in everything ;)
Yes, "I'm not specially introverted" is what he said. But I guess he only wanted to tell that he's not so shy, demure or whatever but still he is nothing comparing to absolutely crazy Micka!

And I totally agree that the new hair are even nicer ;)

I saw 3 seconds of a shirtless Bruno yesterday at the bbc summary :D
I'm glad for you :) Actually there also was a picture of Bruno throwing his shirt to Micka. I guess you've seen it?

When I went back to the FFT page to check again the audio I've noticed they added a new photo gallery there, it's one dedicated to our heroes. Here it is: http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2007/albums/album25. "C'est l'amour!" :couple:

Kezzi
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
No, I haven't seen the pic yet :(
Seems like my Dutch google doesn't want to find news on wimbeldon doubles :p And I didn't have to time to search very long for pics, but eventually I'll see it.
It will get me back on my cloud when I fall after the bouncing over Arnaud's and Mika's title is wearing off :p

Nice pics! Thanks :D

higherlaw
07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, the question was, I think, if they are going to continue playing Grand Slams together. And Arnaud said: "Well, the next tournament we'll play together... First, it's US Open". So I'm not sure what will happen in Washington but he's said it like they play no other tournaments before USO together.

ok, maybe he'll play with seb as they did last year, but that would seem odd if mika was there. and, the bryans are the defending champs (and arnaud defending singles champ, of course :) )

Via
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
well, my guess is, the way it works with the smaller tournaments, the pairing is pretty much last minute, like who's turned up at the tournament. they after all consider themselves as singles players first.

but arnaud and mika are pretty much stable mates at the slams :couple:

it's yet to see if there's a doubles reshuffle at the top if knowles/nestor is still breaking up, but looks like nothing will happen to our beloved :couple: (just *have* to use this icon again :devil: )

Truc
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Maybe it was already posted, but I was reading the new "Tennis Magazine" this week-end and Arnaud made me laugh with a quote (there isn't anything interesting about their Wimbledon win otherwise):
Mika says he's glad they faced the Bryans in the final because that way, people can't complain and say they didn't beat any good team.
Arnaud's answer: "Moi, même si j'avais battu Casimir aujourd'hui, j'aurais été content". :lol: ("as for me, even if I had beaten Casimir in the final, I'd have been happy" - this is Casimir (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Casimir_20061112_Paris_Jouets_Collections.jp g), it's a show for kids in France).

Marine
07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh Casimir, c'est mignon ! :lol:
Arnaud seems nostalgic about his childhood. lol

Via
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM

i hope the bryans are not too sensitive and won't read anything into this ... umm... comparison

kukka
07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I know that I'm late with my congratulations to Arnaud & Mika! ;) I kept on following the final from scoreboard after our TV changed to the singles final after the first set. I just had to pack my things at the same time because we left early in the next morning to Greece for two weeks of holidays. :D Not much chance to use internet there and when we got back I had almost forgotten the Wimbly title. :D But in any case, a tremendous achivement for the boys!!! :worship: And thanks for all the pics and articles here. :)

Elina

Truc
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
*bump*
Most of you probably already know this, but the "tennis served fresh" blog linked again during the TMC an old entry of Bodo about their Wimbledon win, I had missed it at the time:
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/07/mornin-tribe-on.html

I was wondering about that:
"Of course, this kind of showboating and screwing around can be deeply annoying to opponents who take a slightly more solemn approach to such occasions, but what the hail - you can't exactly call it gamesmanship, although the effect may be the same. I'm going to write Wayne Bryan an email and invite him to weight in on this issue."
Does anybody here follow Bodo's blog, did he ask him and what was his answer?

Via
11-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Does anybody here follow Bodo's blog, did he ask him and what was his answer?

umm... no

Kezzi
11-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I also don't follow the blog, but I've read it now.
It's a really funny story, especially about Mika and the doping control officer :rolls:

I don't exactly understand what is meant with the part you ask about. What does Wayne Bryan have to say about the preparation of Arno and Mika? I think they should know for themselves how they prepare for a match, drinking wine and joking around could just as easily turn against them.
I guess it's a decision every team has to make for themselves and if one isn't as serious about it as the other, so be it. As long as it works for them I can't say that anyone has to comment about it.
Maybe he should ask Bruno too for a reaction on the preparation of other teams :p