Wimbledon [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon

sheffsteel
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
1st round, he will play British wild card Jonathan 'Jonny' Marray.

Report on Jonny Marray's reaction to the draw at www.jonnymarray.net

aliasthad
06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
6-2 7-6(0) 7-5 Seb!

:cool:

sheffsteel
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
:mad:

Marine
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Why to come here ? :)

sheffsteel
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Why to come here ? :)

Just a bit of friendly banter, nothing against Seba really, he's a nice guy, was very complimentary to Jonny afterwards. :)

aliasthad
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Seb/Soderling

3-6 6-3 3-6 2-6

:sad:

And they didn't even show it on the BBC (did anyone see this match?).

grosjeanlol
06-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I didn't see it too. In france nothing to do to see this match ! I'm so sad right now.. Seb is out.. Now he has one week to cook for Arnaud Clement

higherlaw
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I didn't see it too. In france nothing to do to see this match ! I'm so sad right now.. Seb is out.. Now he has one week to cook for Arnaud Clement

:sad: sorry.

what is this about cooking?

Truc
06-28-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't know if that's what "grosjeanlol" was hinting at, but they were living at the same house in London and Arnaud made a joke at the Queen's about the fact that he was now going home hoping the dinner was ready. And it was a headline in L'Équipe, "Grosjean aux fourneaux" or something like that - like Seb had to cook for him while Arnaud was going far in the warm-up events.

In his audio interview on the FFT website today (http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2007/?id=2860 ), Seb is aware his preparation for Wimbledon was not good and says it wasn't so easy with Arnaud doing well while he wasn't. He was feeling a bit alone and even left to Marseille instead of practicing on grass during the week of Nottingham.

But when the journalist asks him if he's fed up with the life on the tour, he says no, not at all. Just, some tournaments are not very exciting for him, like Nottingham, maybe he should adapt his schedule, he says. But he's really eager to improve his ranking. He's playing well in training, he just needs to get some wins under his belt.

And about the match, he says he's a bit disappointed because of his return today. He didn't play a bad match, but he wasn't accurate enough, not focussed enough.
Söderling was also playing very well, of course, hitting hard on both sides, serving huge.

Marine
06-28-2007, 08:08 PM
He was feeling a bit alone and even left to Marseille instead of practicing on grass during the week of Nottingham.

I read it, yes...a bit shoking ! One week in Marseille is not really the best way to prepare Wimbledon !

Via
06-29-2007, 10:54 AM

:haha:

.... this is not laughing at seb, just the way you put it dear :hug:

i know it's not funny to improve on cooking skills instead! but i doubt very much seb's staying behind now.

thanks truc for the explanation :worship: arnaud is a naughty mouth. i hope he pays his cooks well :devil: (though he has no lack of opportunities in cooking for others in recent times)

VolandriFan
07-06-2007, 09:25 AM
One of the commentators said that Seb is getting a bit "long in the tooth" :fiery: