What happened to my vcash?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What happened to my vcash??

Bremen
06-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Ok, I'm very confused here. I had 1141 vcash, which I bet all of on the fed/davy semi. I won 126. Then I bet 30 on Knowles and nestor, and I won 10 vcash. Now for some reason it says I only have 1060 vcash. What's going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

belco
06-13-2007, 05:26 AM
:unsure: its not enough for a thread delete but maybe some of ur posts were deleted my a mod.

Bremen
06-17-2007, 01:00 AM
:unsure: its not enough for a thread delete but maybe some of ur posts were deleted my a mod.

But that would be like hundreds of posts! I just don't get it.

belco
06-18-2007, 04:03 AM
But that would be like hundreds of posts! I just don't get it.

:shrug: if it was posts removed by a mod its not $1 per post :)

Turquoise
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I had $4 vcash (okay,nothing to be proud of), which I successfully betted on Qureshi (vs Healey) on 11/07/07. However, I got $0, although I won the bet. Shouldn't I be credited $4.80 (my stake $4 plus $0.80 won?) I'm confused.

Edit: Plse ignore above message. I did get my stake of $4 back, but apparently I was not credited for any winning on that bet because $0.80 was not rounded up to $1.

belco
07-13-2007, 04:34 AM
I had $4 vcash (okay,nothing to be proud of), which I successfully betted on Qureshi (vs Healey) on 11/07/07. However, I got $0, although I won the bet. Shouldn't I be credited $4.80 (my stake $4 plus $0.80 won?) I'm confused.

Edit: Plse ignore above message. I did get my stake of $4 back, but apparently I was not credited for any winning on that bet because $0.80 was not rounded up to $1.

haha nah thats cool :) When it rounds to the nearest dollar it rounds down unstead of up. So because u only won 80 cents it rounded it back down to 0 :cool:

Alonsofz
07-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, I've betted 1K on Haase against Serra last week in Amersfoort, and he won, but where's my vCash? :confused:

I haven't betted anymore :confused:

scarecrows
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
I had to settle it only today as I wasnt home for the weekend and belco is in Serbia
]
I think it's added now to your total

Alonsofz
07-25-2007, 10:40 PM
A bit late but thanks Genci! :)

Baghdatis72
08-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I had vcash disappear today too. I had around $5400 and now I have around $4995 :o

I wonder where my $400 go :scratch:

baghdatis
08-08-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah I noticed that a moment ago!

Skyward
08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
When is betting going to resume?

belco
08-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I had vcash disappear today too. I had around $5400 and now I have around $4995 :o

I wonder where my $400 go :scratch:

sounds like the perfect amount for a thread deleted by a mod

belco
08-09-2007, 12:49 AM
When is betting going to resume?

im not back until the middle of sept.. as for genci im not too sure :)

Baghdatis72
08-09-2007, 01:37 AM
sounds like the perfect amount for a thread deleted by a mod

It must have been a thread for live scores I guess :shrug:

belco
08-11-2007, 11:51 PM
maybe

Rumour
08-14-2007, 03:04 AM
Is there some place where users can see the vCash penalties imposed for forum infractions like mod-deleted threads? Because I was just seconds away from being the first to post a results thread - silly me for not just jumping the gun by a matchpoint :rolleyes: - and I lost over two thirds of my total when it got merged :sad:

If I had known the cost for those few seconds would be so steep I would never have bothered posting because, while I knew I risked losing some vBucks, I had no idea it would be that much :mad: And I was so looking forward to trying my hand at vBetting again after a poor showing in the last couple of Slams and patiently waiting through the MM tournies...

Neely
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately there is no way that I could give you an overview of your vCash account movements. But looking at your current balace of $32 it sounds reasonable that you lost two thirds of your former total.

The vCash penalty is fully automatic and mods have no option to choose whether to apply it or not because we also see the problem that many threads would not deserve a deduction of vCash because they are time-wise too close together or otherwise in good spirit.

Rumour
08-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately there is no way that I could give you an overview of your vCash account movements. But looking at your current balace of $32 it sounds reasonable that you lost two thirds of your former total.

The vCash penalty is fully automatic and mods have no option to choose whether to apply it or not because we also see the problem that many threads would not deserve a deduction of vCash because they are time-wise too close together or otherwise in good spirit.
It was at least v$200 that I lost :tears: Oh well, guess I just have to try building the total up again slowly, unless I start a megathread or make some huge risky vBets... Still, how is it that MTF staff can't figure out exactly how vCash totals are affected by the deleting/merging of posts/threads? The process may be automatic but surely it's not random i.e. x action causes x number/percent of v$ being deducted, not x=y or z or whatever :confused:

Neely
08-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I just tested it (and afterwards undid my actions again so nobody lost it) and it seems regular users lose 40$ if a post is deleted and 240$ if a thread of them was merged into another one. I agree with you that the 240$ seem much too harsh :o

I can't guarantee these are the correct numbers because I don't have access to these settings and there could be different settings for some forums and also depend upon your user rank (regular user or premium member) and it was also due to change some time ago.

Alex999
08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
My post was blended (not deleted) with another user. I had over 100 vCash. Now I only have 1. How is that possible. It is not fair.

martine2
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I just tested it (and afterwards undid my actions again so nobody lost it) and it seems regular users lose 40$ if a post is deleted and 240$ if a thread of them was merged into another one. I agree with you that the 240$ seem much too harsh :o

I can't guarantee these are the correct numbers because I don't have access to these settings and there could be different settings for some forums and also depend upon your user rank (regular user or premium member) and it was also due to change some time ago.

Are the rules different for premium members then?
I admit that I hesitate to post results too since I know I lose v-cash in case someone is faster :(

natashha
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Can someone explain why my credits are -97.00? :confused:
I haven't visited this forum for like a month, but I doubt that could be the reason...
And I couldn't have lost them by betting, then I would have zero, not less.
:confused:

Skyward
01-04-2008, 12:29 AM
:confused: I'm losing $5 a day. My last bet was in November.

natashha
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm losing $5 a day.

Oh, so that's the explanation. We all are. :(