Gambling Paperback/Hardback ''Books'' [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gambling Paperback/Hardback ''Books''

stable unit
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone here has read any good gambling books, I can well imagine most of them are vastly overpriced and contain meaningless knowledge and advice; possibly even a fiction book could be entertaining on the topic.

:wavey:

bad gambler
06-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Are you looking for something in particular? i.e. experienced gambler's experiences or something more along the lines of different betting strategies used for sports gambling etc?

stable unit
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
To be honest both, anything people on MTF find of interest whether it be experiences gambler's experiences or different betting strategies.
Focusing on sports betting and tennis in particular would be very good.

A few years ago i went through a poker phase and read quite a few books, the difference in quality is unbelievable and i wasted a lot of time and effort. It would just be nice to hear recommendations on here for sports betting strategy/experiences books.

Straby
06-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Never read a book about gambling so can't give you any recommendations, just want to point out a thread started by BG last year. Some good (basic) points and rules are said there, definitely a good read if you are new to (sports) gambling (although I'm not sure you are new to it).

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77860

There are a few more interesting threads about strategies as well. Just scroll through the general section of the gamblers lounge. :)

bad gambler
06-10-2007, 11:32 PM
SU,

To be honest I haven't actually read that many books around gambling. I have read numerous articles though about sports gambling and different strategies available across a whole rane of sports. Most of them are freely available on the internet.

What I have found is that spending time on gambling forums with a handful of strong gamblers is the best grounding anyone can actually receive, expecially those starting out in sports gambling.

Threads like the one Strabavy linked is a great start IMO because that thread contains posts of many here who are essentially relaying their own experiences, what works well for them and what doesn't etc.

stable unit
06-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the reply!!!!!