Rafa is the King of Queens...okay, maybe not [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa is the King of Queens...okay, maybe not

Johnny Groove
06-09-2007, 12:57 AM
The sacrificial Queens thread :angel: No one start the Wimbledon thread, this has all been predetermined, right Ania? :kiss:

MariaV
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Jonathan! :wavey:

Tomorrow doubles with Feli vs Coetzee/Wassen and then on to the singles! Del Potro or ToJo. :shrug: Let's see how he gets the grass season going. :smoke: :banana:
The 2nd rd doubles would be vs Clement/Llodra ... haha, on grass anything is possible.

adee-gee
06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
He shouldn't play :help:

NaDALiTa
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
This Rafa boy is totally crazy,he just won a Grand Slam on clay, and he goes to London and has 2 days to adapt his game,it's impossible,he should take a week to rest and start step by step to play on grass.Rafa smoke some fresh grass....and take a breath :lol:

Johnny Groove
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Jonathan! :wavey:

Tomorrow doubles with Feli vs Coetzee/Wassen and then on to the singles! Del Potro or ToJo. :shrug: Let's see how he gets the grass season going. :smoke: :banana:
The 2nd rd doubles would be vs Clement/Llodra ... haha, on grass anything is possible.

Maria :hearts: :inlove:

This Rafa boy is totally crazy,he just won a Grand Slam on clay, and he goes to London and has 2 days to adapt his game,it's impossible,he should take a week to rest and start step by step to play on grass.Rafa smoke some fresh grass....and take a breath :lol:

He is absoluely insane and fucking crazy, and thats why we love him :lol:

But hey, he did it last year, why not again this year? :lol:

tangerine_dream
06-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Well, playing Queens worked out well for Rafa last year. He made it to the Wimby final when nobody gave him half a chance to do so. :lol:

With apologies to Rafa the King of Clay, Queens is Andy's house, so back off, beetches! :armed:

Johnny Groove
06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Im hoping for a Rafa-Andy final, Tangy :dance:

l_mac
06-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone see del Potro play today? Scary stuff.

I don't really care about Queens.

With apologies to Rafa the King of Clay, Queens is Andy's house, so back off, beetches

The BBC commentators were going on and on about Andy's horror draw against Stepanek :lol:

flavia_am
06-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Yes Meli, you are completely right.

Rafa should have a rest after a GS like Roland Garros is :eek:

I wish the results will be good but could be better if our boy take a breath of that green fresh grass. :rolleyes:

MariaV
06-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Well, playing Queens worked out well for Rafa last year. He made it to the Wimby final when nobody gave him half a chance to do so. :lol:

With apologies to Rafa the King of Clay, Queens is Andy's house, so back off, beetches! :armed:

LOL Tangy, I doubt Rafa will be a threat to Andy in Queens. :lol: :wavey:

But he needs to play, he needs some practice and defend all those points from last year if he wants to become No 1, Fed's losing some skipping Halle.
And physically RG went quite easily this year, much easier than last year. :)

adee-gee
06-11-2007, 10:36 PM
And physically RG went quite easily this year, much easier than last year. :)

But he's looked a lot more tired this year. He looked shattered all week in Hamburg, and even at RG, he just looked totally spent after the final.

He could take a week off and play Nottingham, I'm pretty sure a WC wouldn't be a problem. It looks like he'll play Queens though :o

Johnny Groove
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
But he's looked a lot more tired this year. He looked shattered all week in Hamburg, and even at RG, he just looked totally spent after the final.

He could take a week off and play Nottingham, I'm pretty sure a WC wouldn't be a problem. It looks like he'll play Queens though :o

Nottingham gives 50 less points, and plus, he'll have a week off before Wimbly, and he'll already be in London to practice with the guys that are there :shrug:

MariaV
06-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I don't see a huge problem playing in Queens. He obviously liked it there last year and he'll have a week off before Wimbledon as Jonathan said.

And Adam, Fed was much more tired than Rafa after the final. ;) :devil:

l_mac
06-12-2007, 04:18 PM
They just showed him practising on BBC2 and he looked bad tempered and tired.

And lovely.

adee-gee
06-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Nottingham gives 50 less points, and plus, he'll have a week off before Wimbly, and he'll already be in London to practice with the guys that are there :shrug:

He'll have almost 2 weeks off when he loses to JMDP :o

Naide
06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Tough matches to come but vamooos Rafa :rocker2:

NaDALiTa
06-12-2007, 11:48 PM
He is absoluely insane and fucking crazy, and thats why we love him :lol:

But hey, he did it last year, why not again this year? :lol:

Sure we do love him for this reason too :devil: I still can't believe what happened last year !! Rafa in Wimbly's final,even in my funniest dreams it didn't happen but this loco made it!!Let's keep fingers crossed for this year!

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8237/vamosrafauj3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Yes Meli, you are completely right.

Rafa should have a rest after a GS like Roland Garros is :eek:

I wish the results will be good but could be better if our boy take a breath of that green fresh grass. :rolleyes:

El tio està loco en serio :lol: !!!! i'm not sure he needs a physical rest but a "mind break" would have been more appropriated.It seems he loves living under pressure,when i'd need a Xanax before Rg's final ........Rafa must have found it exciting !!!! :eek: Flavounette it's good to see you again :hugs:

MariaV
06-13-2007, 07:46 AM
He'll have almost 2 weeks off when he loses to JMDP :o

And what is this? :o A reversal jinx or what? :(
He can go to Nottingham with Richard should he really lose to JMDP. ;) :p

The doubles loss with Feli to Coetzee/Wassen was close yesterday so that's not bad. :) 3-6 6-7 (6)

2nd match on Center today
CENTRE COURT
(4)N. Djokovic (SRB) v R. Kendrick (USA)
(2)R. Nadal (ESP) v J-M. del Potro (ARG)

ae wowww
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
The doubles, Rafa played very well, hit a lot of aces, and I think he was just let down by Feli a little bit, particularly with poor serving statistics. They seemed to enjoy it, and take it pretty seriously - Toni, and the rest of team Nadal were sat behind us and were pretty vocal - the crowd as a whole were pretty noisy and definitely outspoke me, a friend and Jeff's coach. A good match though, and I hope Rafael goes all the way in the singles :yeah:

Agassi Fan
06-13-2007, 03:27 PM
He won the first set, and 3-1 in the second. :-)

linus
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Rafa.... without enough rest at all but he played so ... well ;)

Vamos my hero :hug: :yippee:

06-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Rafa won :worship: He's tougher than Roger because Roger withdrew from Halle :devil: But then again knowing Roger I'm sure he feels he doesn't need a warm up Tournament to Wimbledon :p

flavia_am
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Sure we do love him for this reason too :devil: I still can't believe what happened last year !! Rafa in Wimbly's final,even in my funniest dreams it didn't happen but this loco made it!!Let's keep fingers crossed for this year!

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8237/vamosrafauj3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

El tio estŕ loco en serio :lol: !!!! i'm not sure he needs a physical rest but a "mind break" would have been more appropriated.It seems he loves living under pressure,when i'd need a Xanax before Rg's final ........Rafa must have found it exciting !!!! :eek: Flavounette it's good to see you again :hugs:

Sí Melisa, está loco total! :lol: La verdad es q bajo presión funciona genial:D
I'm glad to see you again, Melissa!! :kiss:

adee-gee
06-13-2007, 06:47 PM
And what is this? :o A reversal jinx or what? :(
He can go to Nottingham with Richard should he really lose to JMDP. ;) :p
I'm glad I was wrong :p

I genuinely thought he would lose, it wasn't supposed to be a jinx :lol: I'm impressed at how well he played considering his fatigue and lack of practice.

I still don't expect much, I pray to god he doesn't lose to Mirnyi though (for 1 obvious reason) :o

MariaV
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM

I genuinely thought he would lose, it wasn't supposed to be a jinx :lol: I'm impressed at how well he played considering his fatigue and lack of practice.

I still don't expect much, I pray to god he doesn't lose to Mirnyi though (for 1 obvious reason) :o

:hug:

Oh dear, we wouldn't want that, I'll pray with you! :angel: ;) Or we wouldn't hear the end of it from Glenn. :lol:

Johnny Groove
06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
It would be alot better if he won, but even if he wins, Gu will have a slew of excuses ready :lol:

Tess Gray
06-13-2007, 08:51 PM

What's the 1 obvious reason?:rolleyes:

flavia_am
06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
:wavey:

Thanks everybody in this forum for supporting Rafa!!!! :worship:

Kisses everybody!! :kiss:

Mimi
06-14-2007, 03:55 AM
you don't know Glenn? the famous rafa hater? he said all the victories of nadal are fuke ;). And Glenn's favourite is Max M, so of course we don't want rafa to lose coz othewise Glenn will come in and insult rafa again:mad: :mad:
What's the 1 obvious reason?:rolleyes:

Carlita
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
:wavey: sorry to have deleted your posts here, but they were replies to the one messing up this forum....:rolleyes:

vamos Rafael! Go and win this title :woohoo:

l_mac
06-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Rain stops play with Rafa leading by 7-6 1-0*

I forgot that I hate grass court tennis, or more accurately BIG servers, but this match is driving the point home for me. Apart from on serve, Nadal is about 6799 times better than Mirnyi. He hit an UNBELIEVABLE f/h dtl in the tiebreak, and he's been looking good at the net.

Baghdatis72
06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Well if Nadal can return the big serves well then he will have no problem on grass ;)

NaDALiTa
06-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm singing in teh rain just singing in the rain........... :angel:

I really thought this match against The Beast would be a bit tougher,but for the moment it's not the case,Rafa is returning pretty well and his serve is working well too.He made one of the best passing i've ever seen!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship:
Rafa you are on the good path in this match! VaMoS!!!!

l_mac
06-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't say Rafa is returning particularly well, he's been nowhere near a break point on Mirnyi's serve.

Baghdatis72
06-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't say Rafa is returning particularly well, he's been nowhere near a break point on Mirnyi's serve.

Yeah I know and unless he can return Mirnyi's serve better he will have problems.

l_mac
06-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah I know and unless he can return Mirnyi's serve better he will have problems.

I wouldn't go that far. He's so much better than Mirnyi in the other areas of the game it's not funny. And Mirnyi has got nowhere near breaking Rafa's serve either.

Baghdatis72
06-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't go that far. He's so much better than Mirnyi in the other areas of the game it's not funny. And Mirnyi has got nowhere near breaking Rafa's serve either.

Does Mirnyi serve and volley against Nadal?

l_mac
06-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Does Mirnyi serve and volley against Nadal?

Nearly every point. He played a stupid service game at 2-1 in the 2nd set and got broken. Rafa will serve for the match at 5-3 when they come back on tomorrow. Play has been suspended for rain.

MariaV
06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
It is so unfortunate that rain started before Rafa could serve for the match. Hopefully he can keep it together for 4 more points tomorrow morning. Vamos! :banana: :yippee:

flavia_am
06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
It is so unfortunate that rain started before Rafa could serve for the match. Hopefully he can keep it together for 4 more points tomorrow morning. Vamos! :banana: :yippee:

Exactly! 4 points more and the match in Rafa's pocket :yeah:

ˇˇˇˇˇˇVAMOS RAFA!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

the_natural
06-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Yeh I think rafa can do it, hey some of you were stalking Rafa at queens no?? If ur not too distracted by his famous ass, could u give some details on how close to the baseline he is, and whether hes flattening out the Groundies and the serve (as well as mixing the serve) and if hes coming to net at all?? Whats he like with his returns??? Oh and is he running much??

It took 67 mins to beat del potro, I think thats what we have to realise about GC tennis its not like Wimbledon and queens are played on green clay (meaning very physical lots of running) the only thing we have to worry about really is his mental fatigue... Actually wait, changing from clay to grass is tough on the legs too cos hes got to get down for the lower bounce and its tough on the butt lol But I still think he will be able almost "rest" his body on the grass since its so soft and the rallies are short plus if he serves like IW Miami (i think he served better than he did last Wimbledon), he will be getting lots of cheap points :) but mentally he has to be in every point and every game against any and every opponeent

He was talkin about being off colour during the doubles but feeling pretty good during the first round match, Id love to see him make the semis of queens and rest cos he really wants Wimbledon badly this year and if he wins queens expectations will be too high for him and in the media and If he doesnt wimbly there could be another serious let down for him. Ok im going off topic again as usual.

I hope Mahut beats Ljubicic tommorow in a tough 3 setter or Luby wins in a tough 3 setter and Rafa closes the match against Miryni in 2 mins :D then he will be able to easily beat whoever wins that match later on (in under 60 mins :)

linus
06-15-2007, 01:29 AM
good Rafa... so well turning back to green :cool:

Vamos !!

MariaV
06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh that was fast. :lol: Well done Rafa! 7-6 6-3 over Max. Now he can go get some rest before the evening match vs Ljubo or Mahut. :D

Baghdatis72
06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Well Mahut it is :D

P.S: Is there a policy about spoilers on the forum?

star
06-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure where to put this, but I wanted to share this lyric with you. When people call Nadal a "one-trick pony" I always smile because I think of this Paul Simon song.

Hes a one trick pony
One trick is all that horse can do
He does one trick only
Its the principal source of his revenue
And when he steps into the spotlight
You can feel the heat of his heart
Come rising through

See how he dances
See how he loops from side to side
See how he prances
The way his hooves just seem to glide
Hes just a one trick pony (thats all he is)
But he turns that trick with pride

He makes it look so easy
He looks so clean
He moves like god's
Immaculate machine
He makes me think about
All of these extra movements I make
And all of this herky-jerky motion
And the bag of tricks it takes
To get me through my working day
One-trick pony

Hes a one trick pony
He either fails or he succeeds
He gives his testimony
Then he relaxes in the weeds
Hes got one trick to last a lifetime
But thats all a pony needs
(thats all he needs)
He looks so easy
He looks so clean
He moves like god's
Immaculate machine
He makes me think about

One-trick pony, one trick pony
One-trick pony (take me for a ride)
One trick pony

I just wanted you guys to have that song in your heart when you see "one-trick" pony so you can smile and think too, "yeah, He makes it look so easy, he looks so clean. Moves like god's immaculate machine." :) :) :)

linus
06-15-2007, 04:21 PM
why not share this song in audio ;)

I'm not sure where to put this, but I wanted to share this lyric with you. When people call Nadal a "one-trick pony" I always smile because I think of this Paul Simon song.

Hes a one trick pony
One trick is all that horse can do
He does one trick only
Its the principal source of his revenue
And when he steps into the spotlight
You can feel the heat of his heart
Come rising through

See how he dances
See how he loops from side to side
See how he prances
The way his hooves just seem to glide
Hes just a one trick pony (thats all he is)
But he turns that trick with pride

He makes it look so easy
He looks so clean
He moves like god's
Immaculate machine
He makes me think about
One-trick pony

Hes a one trick pony
He either fails or he succeeds
He gives his testimony
Then he relaxes in the weeds
Hes got one trick to last a lifetime
But thats all a pony needs
(thats all he needs)
He looks so easy
He looks so clean
He moves like god's
Immaculate machine
He makes me think about

One-trick pony (take me for a ride)
One trick pony

I just wanted you guys to have that song in your heart when you see "one-trick" pony so you can smile and think too, "yeah, He makes it look so easy, he looks so clean. Moves like god's immaculate machine." :) :) :)

star
06-15-2007, 05:52 PM
why not share this song in audio ;)

Cause too lazy to find a link? :lol:

Tess Gray
06-15-2007, 06:37 PM
you don't know Glenn? the famous rafa hater? he said all the victories of nadal are fuke ;). And Glenn's favourite is Max M, so of course we don't want rafa to lose coz othewise Glenn will come in and insult rafa again:mad: :mad:

ooh okay, didn't know that:p

guess it made your day Rafa beat mirnyi;)

tangerine_dream
06-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Mahut is playing out of his mind :rolleyes: Kind of like Bogodonavic did yesterday vs Roddick. What is it with these low ranked players getting inspired and playing brilliantly? Why can't they all just roll over with their tails between their legs and give up like they do vs Federer? :ras:

Johnny Groove
06-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Mahut played very well, at least Rafa made it close. disappointing in the tiebreak, get some rest now, man :yeah:

MariaV
06-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Mahut is playing out of his mind :rolleyes: Kind of like Bogodonavic did yesterday vs Roddick. What is it with these low ranked players getting inspired and playing brilliantly? Why can't they all just roll over with their tails between their legs and give up like they do vs Federer? :ras:

LOL Tangy, Cilic did pretty well vs Andy today too but Andy still prevailed.
Good luck to him now to improve and win the tournament. :wavey:

Rafa lost to Mahut 5-6 6-7 (0) That TB was a shocker. :eek: :(
Rafa needs his rest anyway, and he can say that Mahut was simply too good today. It was totally exciting to watch.
Take a day or 2 off now and prepare well for Wimbledon now! :hug: :hug:

l_mac
06-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Nadal's serve was nowhere near what it needed to be today, his return game envoked thoughts of Karlovic and his failure to convert break point opportunities was akin to Federer on Sunday. :)

Still, on the bright side, he defended his points :lol:

yana
06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
The sacrificial Queens thread :angel: No one start the Wimbledon thread, this has all been predetermined

;)

Alexandy
06-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm glad Rafa lost actually. He defended his points and now he can go home and take a rest. He said he was looking forward to going home in his presser. So relax Rafa and get away from tennis for a while. :)

And at least he beat Miryni(sp.?), that's all I wanted him to do. :lol:

Tennisgirl1960
06-15-2007, 10:52 PM
:awww:

So wanted Rafa to win today, but hopefully he'll have a good rest before Wimbledon and recharge his batteries...Mahut was amazing...Roddick for champ on Sunday!!!:worship:

06-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Rafa :sad: But on a different surface and I'm sure he was tired from RG.
(Roger didn't even try to play after RG). Rafa will get used to the grass and do better I'm sure :)

Baghdatis72
06-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Rafa :sad: But on a different surface and I'm sure he was tired from RG.
(Roger didn't even try to play after RG). Rafa will get used to the grass and do better I'm sure :)

You think he will reach the Wimbledon final again?

Kalliopeia
06-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm glad Rafa lost actually. He defended his points and now he can go home and take a rest. He said he was looking forward to going home in his presser. So relax Rafa and get away from tennis for a while. :)

Yeah that's kind of how I feel about it. It's good that he's going to get to go home and relax a bit for a couple of days, at least.

l_mac
06-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Apparently Rafa apologised to the Tournament Director for failing to reach the semis and final. :inlove:

In the long run, I don't think not playing another two matches this weekend will hurt him any. And it gave the haters some fun last night. They've had slim pickings since March.

Alexandy
06-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Apparently Rafa apologised to the Tournament Director for failing to reach the semis and final. :inlove:

In the long run, I don't think not playing another two matches this weekend will hurt him any. And it gave the haters some fun last night. They've had slim pickings since March.

Aww, how sweet of Rafa! :) Where did you see that?

Yeah, there's been a pork famine lately. Which explains why they've worked themselves into a feeding frenzy. :rolleyes: :lol: I hope they don't get indigestion. :angel:

yana
06-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah, there's been a pork famine lately. Which explains why they've worked themselves into a feeding frenzy. :rolleyes: :lol: I hope they don't get indigestion. :angel:

I hope they get fat. :devil:

l_mac
06-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Aww, how sweet of Rafa! :) Where did you see that?

Sue Barker and the BBC crew were talking about it before the start of today's play from Queen's. Sue Barker's got a lot of love for the boy. Apparently they'd done a survey of the ball girls and 80% of them said Rafa was their favourite and Sue said "Well he's got the looks, complexion, body .." John Lloyd told her he also thought it was because Rafa was so charming and nice and Sue said, "Oh, yes, that too." (I'm paraphrasing here)

:lol:

Kalliopeia
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM

What always strikes me as hilarious is how much more the haters care when he loses than the fans do. It's disappointing of course but they just go into a total frenzy. :lol:

tangerine_dream
06-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Roddick for champ on Sunday!!!:worship:
:bounce: :rocker2: :banana:

I don't know why people would be so happy to see Rafa lose. For him to beat some good players and make it to the quarters on his least favorite surface is pretty impressive to me. Maybe my standards are too low. ;)

FedFan_2007
06-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Supposedly Nadal is #2 on grass according to his supporters. One fluke run to final doesn't do it IMHO. Roddick is the true #2 on grass.

l_mac
06-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Supposedly Nadal is #2 on grass according to his supporters. One fluke run to final doesn't do it IMHO. Roddick is the true #2 on grass.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/bs.gif I haven't seen any Rafa fan saying that.

You're boring http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/icon_getout.gif

garad
06-17-2007, 09:29 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/bs.gif I haven't seen any Rafa fan saying that.
You're boring http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/icon_getout.gif

Actually, he's right, I've seen this proclamation over on the general forum, but won't be bothered to search for it now. Just thought you might know :devil:

Mimi
06-18-2007, 03:36 AM
i always thought you are actually a rafa fans, just that you are not brave enough to admit this coz otherwise why you come here so often if you are not interested in rafa?? :confused: :confused:

by the way, when roger lost his FO, we did not jeer him like many of the fed fans did when rafa lost the quarters at Queen's, better behave yourself :rolleyes:

Morrissey
06-18-2007, 07:46 AM
What always strikes me as hilarious is how much more the haters care when he loses than the fans do. It's disappointing of course but they just go into a total frenzy. :lol:

BOy you are not kidding! I checked out the piggy roasting thread and I can´t believe the mods don´t delete it. Apparently I´ve gotten into a nasty argument with one of the mods who happens to be feeding the roasting by making fun of Nadal. The Fedfans have to be the MOST disturbing bunch of individuals I´ve seen in my many years of following tennis. They are so hateful and have no lives.

Morrissey
06-18-2007, 07:53 AM

Can the mod come here and delete this loser before I put him in his place again?

Mimi
06-18-2007, 08:02 AM
don't worry, Carlita will take care of them when she is free, i was angry like you before, but now i am more calm, just let them be, keeping such hatress in their hearts will not make them easy, wasting time on hating a person who they don't know, aren't they some smart guys ;)? have a nice day :hug: :hug:

Can the mod come here and delete this loser before I put him in his place again?

tangerine_dream
06-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Click on this icon http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images2007/buttons/report.gif below the username to report any troll posts you find in forums. The mods will take care of the rest. :)

Andy :banana: :bounce:

Andy-Rafa Final, Wimbledon 2007 :rocker2:

the_natural
06-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Nadal's serve was nowhere near what it needed to be today, his return game envoked thoughts of Karlovic and his failure to convert break point opportunities was akin to Federer on Sunday. :)

At least hes becoming a more complete player no :p ;)

the_natural
06-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Too bad rafa lost to a guy who was on fire and says grass is his fave surface, he was jsut goin for it, nothin to lose he was possessed this week and nearly beat roddick, I was angry at him for playing with such reckless abandonment and winning but restrospectively Making the semis probably woulda forced rafa to bring out his best tennis and beat clement, then woulda made the final and win woulda meant more pressure, lose woulda meant andy knew he could beat rafa, plus hed be more tired mentally, he had 2 days of no tennis he said... didnt he say that go back to mallorca no tennis for 2 days (wow 2 WHOLE days), and the pressure of keeping up a winning streak blah blah blah, is all gone, mentally hes lost a match he starst all over again, physically he gets rest :)

Thanks Nicolas if only u had won the final

mallorn
06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
The sacrificial Queens thread :angel: No one start the Wimbledon thread, this has all been predetermined, right Ania? :kiss:
Damn skippy! :rocker2:
I think they already got fat last year. :lol:

:lol: Nice summary. :yeah: