What brands of cross trainers are the best for tennis? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What brands of cross trainers are the best for tennis?

DonV
06-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I would like to buy a good pair of cross trainers that can serve as all-surface tennis shoes as opposed to buying surface-specific shoes. Can anyone recommend any good brands, or what I should look for in a shoe to determine whether or not it will make a good tennis shoe?

gaz
06-24-2007, 11:28 PM
an omni sole is a good sole for most surfaces the babolat all court will be good for all surfaces

tennisplayer89
07-04-2007, 06:57 PM
1. Buy a tennis shoe
Buy a shoe used to play tennis not just a regular shoe. A tennis shoe is designed differently than a sneaker. Tennis shoes give you more support, more traction, and are designed specifically for tennis. Every tennis company sells them and they make a whole range of models. Usually, you get what you pay for with tennis shoes.

FerrersLinda
07-04-2007, 09:22 PM
1. Buy a tennis shoe
Buy a shoe used to play tennis not just a regular shoe. A tennis shoe is designed differently than a sneaker. Tennis shoes give you more support, more traction, and are designed specifically for tennis. Every tennis company sells them and they make a whole range of models. Usually, you get what you pay for with tennis shoes.

Agreed, absolutely buy a real tennis shoe. Not just any trainer. But it isn't completely true that the most expensive shoe is necessarily the best one. Nike makes very expensive tennis shoes that aren't always so great. And a lot depends on how comfortable they are to you. I play on Adidas now, but I have played on Diadoras that are very light, comfortable and not so pricey.

tennisplayer89
07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I didn't mean that the most expensive are the best. What I meant is that you should not buy the ones that are $19.99. Trust me I have tried them. A piece of gum lasts longer. I played with some discontinued diadora shoes for a couple of years. They were about $40 and lasted very long.

FerrersLinda
07-06-2007, 12:59 AM
I didn't mean that the most expensive are the best. What I meant is that you should not buy the ones that are $19.99. Trust me I have tried them. A piece of gum lasts longer. I played with some discontinued diadora shoes for a couple of years. They were about $40 and lasted very long.

I agree $19.99 won't buy you a great, long lasting shoe.:)

empressdiver
07-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Cross training shoes are basically built like a running shoe but a little heavier. They are designed for running forward so they are not built with sufficient support for lateral movement. The tread is designed for grip running forward and can resist rotation movement which is necessary in tennis.

Tennis shoes have the support necessary for lateral movement since that is the main type of movement on the tennis court. The tread is also designed to allow the foot to rotate.

Bottom line is buy a tennis shoe for playing tennis.

jazar
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
asics

GlennMirnyi
07-30-2007, 02:21 AM
You don't play tennis with regular shoes, you should get a specific tennis shoe. Adidas is the best, no doubt.