2004 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

YoursTruly
05-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Okay fine! I'll be the one since I'm a Torontonian! I'll be attending at the Toronto Masters Series. It's also the debut of the new Rexall Tennis Centre which is more than half done now. I don't live that far away from the tennis centre at York University. Months to go. :wavey:

mistry
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
im looking forward to it aswell..
im coming down from montreal for the masters..
question: is the new rexall center in the same (or near) the old york university tennis center??
thank you

YoursTruly
06-07-2004, 02:09 AM
Yes, it's still at the York University grounds. :)

mistry
06-07-2004, 04:59 AM
thank you. . didn't think anyone would answer..
are you going yourstruly??
if yes which days??
i still haven't got my tickets.. hope the good ones are sold out yet!

YoursTruly
06-19-2004, 03:14 AM
Of course I'm going to the tournament! :) I usually go during the first days like Monday or Tuesday. I like to go there when there's a lot of matches being played :)

Anik
06-20-2004, 04:52 AM
hey :wavey:

me too im going to the tournament !!! you go which days mistry ??

mistry
06-23-2004, 12:02 AM
i think im going monday tuesday and friday
u??

hey.. dinafan.. are you going to the rogerscup too??

Anik
06-23-2004, 09:35 PM
yeah for sure in Montreal :) !!! for Toronto probably monday, tuesday and wednesday...

mistry
06-24-2004, 04:52 AM
i checked your website.. you don't have your atp players pictures up.. i'd love to see them.. please put them up

Anik
06-24-2004, 01:50 PM
i put the pictures this week-end or next week ;)

Chloe le Bopper
06-29-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm going Monday and Tuesday :wavey:

YoursTruly
06-30-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm excited! The thing is, it's like going to a different tournament because of the new tennis centre!!! :)

Anik
06-30-2004, 11:09 PM
no difference for me !! it's my first time in toronto :)

MissPovaFan
06-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Im 100% looking forward to the Toronto Masters as its the next tournament that Henman will be playing in - I can't wait to see how he fares on the hard courts once more especially after his early season successes.

Chloe le Bopper
07-01-2004, 03:07 AM
I've seen some good Henman matches in my Toronto/Montreal trips! Well, not so good if oyu love Henman ;) The matches he played against Costa and Nalbandian that went three sets (different years) were both very good!

YoursTruly
07-01-2004, 05:07 AM
I've watched Tim play live here in Toronto in '98. His game is more than beautiful to watch in person!!!!

thenman
07-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm going Monday evening (apparently the opening ceremonies!) and Tuesday morning. I'm hoping to catch Tim's 1st round, among other players!

Btw, does anyone know whether you need special passes to go to watch players at practice courts, or whether spectators are even allowed at all? I've always wondered about that.

YoursTruly
07-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Well from my experience attending the tournament a number of times, I think there are a few courts that are now in the passes/VIP area so you can't see them practicing. But all the courts are mostly in the public, so you can see them practicing. I did before. However, this info of mine is based on the original tennis centre because this year is the start of the Rexall Centre, but I'm still not clear on how the whole centre grounds will be and what they'll be using, because I think the big new stadium is the only one that's done. The main focus. I'm not sure.

Chloe le Bopper
07-10-2004, 08:38 PM
In Montreal you can see all the practice courts that are outside. There are indoor practice courts taht you don't have access too, but that is it. I hope that the Rexall center sees the value in letting spectators see players practice and makes the place more "fan friendly" than the old venue was.

SanTaureau Fan
07-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I'll probably go Monday and Tuesday, I'll make my final decision in 2 days. Do I have to buy my tickets in advance or I can buy them the Monday of the tournement?

Any Andy fans who want to meet? :bigwave:

YoursTruly
07-12-2004, 05:15 AM
Hello Andy This Andy That! :lol: (cool screen name! haha)

You can always buy them at the gates, but if you want to be sure, just in case, then buy them in advance.

Yonge
07-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey'all! It's good to know that people are already talking about the Toronto Masters. I was at the Rexall Centre yesterday (not inside though) and it is not "completely" finished. The stadium looks great and I think it's ready but the grounds are still messy with construction materials and there's a lot more work to do. Also, it's not exactly near the old site, in fact it's at the other end of the York U campus. Not too far though, just a 10 minute drive. I don't know how long it would take to walk the distance. Hopefully they can make some improvements, especially to the outer grounds, before the tournament starts. :)

PS: The fire alarm works!

YoursTruly
07-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Yes, it's unbelievable how quick the construction was done! To think it was only done late last year!

If anyone is going to the tournament, feel free to ask me how to get there if you're taking the subway, car or walking :lol: I've already helped some people here :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-16-2004, 03:52 AM
I'm just going to buy at the gates, I think... or buy a day ahead and pick them up at Will Call.

I'm going Monday and Tuesday. Everytime I go to tournaments I meet up with people - it's a lot of fun, I haven't had a bad experience yet. If there is anybody going that wants to meet up to say hello and take in a match, drop me a PM. Andy This Andy That need not apply ;) ;)

sandy
07-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Since it's year one of the new site I sprang for a package. Will be there for all day sessions, Mon - Sat, Mother Nature willing, lol. Can't wait to see the new grounds. Only days to go now. :yippee:

RogiFan88
07-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Any news on Rafa? Will he play TO -- he just p out of Umag... hope he's not injured!

Chloe le Bopper
07-19-2004, 08:09 PM
He pulled out of Umag to rest before the hardcourt swing. He's coming

RogiFan88
07-19-2004, 09:38 PM
cool, thanks, Becca!! glad he's not overdoing it... well, he DID get pretty far in Stuttgart...

YoursTruly
07-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Since it's year one of the new site I sprang for a package. Will be there for all day sessions, Mon - Sat, Mother Nature willing, lol. Can't wait to see the new grounds. Only days to go now. :yippee:

That sounds so cool! :)

RogiFan88
07-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Question: will Rafael Nadal have to play qualies? Is he playing doubles, and if so, w whom: Robredo or Lopez? Maybe Lopez will play dbles w Verdasco...

Also, will Rogi play dbles w Allegro?

RogiFan88
07-21-2004, 01:21 AM
right, I forgot about that... I just read somewhere that he has to play qualies, so that threw me off!

MrExpos
07-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Well,Nadal to play qualies while Nestor get one of the 4 WC.....

Chloe le Bopper
07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Nadal does not have to play qualies.

Chloe le Bopper
07-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Question: will Rafael Nadal have to play qualies? Is he playing doubles, and if so, w whom: Robredo or Lopez? Maybe Lopez will play dbles w Verdasco...

Also, will Rogi play dbles w Allegro?
If they play doubles at all, I imagine it will be Nadal-Moya and Lopez-Robredo, to practice for Athens

YoursTruly
07-22-2004, 05:20 PM
This is going to be incredible! :)