Roland Garros [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros

Marine
05-25-2007, 06:03 PM
First round: CLEMENT / LJUBICIC

Bruno's reaction

Entraîneur de son frère Arnaud et de Sébastien Grosjean Bruno Clément a jugé le tirage au sort de ses joueurs plutôt positif, même s'ils affrontent respectivement Ivan Ljubicic (n°7) et Marcos Baghdatis (n°16). "C'est vrai qu'Arnaud et Sébastien affrontent des têtes de série d'entrée, mais sincèrement, ils n'ont pas un tirage si mauvais que ça. L'un et l'autre peuvent s'imposer. Ce tableau pourrait leur permettre d'accéder en deuxième semaine. Et si mes joueurs viennent à s'affronter dans cette quinzaine, c'est qu'ils auront réussi un beau tournoi..." Ce serait en... finale.
:lol:

Ah la positive attitude...

Not that bad, I agree.

Hangdog
05-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Bruno :lol:

I also like DiP's opinion: "Arnaud Clément, il a une bonne carte à jouer face à Ivan Ljubicic. Le Croate n'est pas très en forme sur ces dernières semaines sur terre battue, même s'il est allé en demi-finale l'an dernier. C'est un joueur très complet, qui sert très bien, mais je ne pense pas qu'il réédite cette performance chaque année. Il aura la pression des points à défendre et de sa demi-finale. Dans ce contexte, je pense qu'Arnaud peut vraiment le sortir. Arnaud est un excellent relanceur et dans le jeu, il n'a aucun complexe à avoir face à Ljubicic. Bien sûr, il y a un léger avantage pour le Croate, mais c'est jouable (mais oui!)."

Via
05-27-2007, 01:02 AM
well he has a chance against ljubicic, not to mention that it's going to be the local 'david' v 'goliath' battle on centre court, 3rd up on sunday!!!! however disappointed i have been with arnaud this clay season (and before? lol) i have to cheer for him.

did bruno say he's looking forward to an arnaud v seb FINAL???? :haha: :tape: you would think since he's their coach, he should know something that we don't.

btw.... i'll going to my parent's to watch tv tonight... ie. roland garros LIVE!!!!! haha what a rare treat :lick:

Marine
05-27-2007, 03:26 PM
well he has a chance against ljubicic, not to mention that it's going to be the local 'david' v 'goliath' battle on centre court, 3rd up on sunday!!!! however disappointed i have been with arnaud this clay season (and before? lol) i have to cheer for him.

Arnaud is at ease on centre court and plays quite well on this court. Let's cross fingers.

did bruno say he's looking forward to an arnaud v seb FINAL???? :haha: :tape: you would think since he's their coach, he should know something that we don't.

Bruno likes joking. ;)

btw.... i'll going to my parent's to watch tv tonight... ie. roland garros LIVE!!!!! haha what a rare treat :lick:

For once you can watch the live, you're not lucky with the meteo ! :(

Marine
05-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Adieu le central, bonjour le lenglen !

Merci la pluie :(

LENGLEN Début à 11:00

Simple Dames - 1er Tour.
Severine Bremond (FRA)[31]
contre Michaella Krajicek (NED)

suivi de
Simple Messieurs - 1er Tour.
Arnaud Clement (FRA)
contre Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)[7]

Simple Dames - 1er Tour.
Marion Bartoli (FRA)[18]
contre Aravane Rezai (FRA)

Simple Messieurs - 1er Tour.
Olivier Rochus (BEL)
contre Gael Monfils (FRA)

higherlaw
05-27-2007, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Marine;5420880]Adieu le central, bonjour le lenglen !

Merci la pluie :(

too bad. :umbrella:

Via
05-27-2007, 11:51 PM
hello goodbye, in english :rolleyes:

last night i actually saw serena on lenglen first. then it rained and they replayed safin's match. so there's no guarantee which court will be shown, and you know it's not the 'tennis channel' here in aus :(

good luck arnaud... guess they hadn't done much for warming up either.

Marine
05-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Double:

Arnaud Clement FRA (10)
Michael Llodra FRA (10)
c.
Gilles Simon FRA
Stanislas Wawrinka SUI

Michal Mertinak SVK
Petr Pala CZE
c.
Amer Delic USA
Travis Parrott USA

(No mixed double for arnaud this year... but Micka plays with Camille)

Via
05-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Double:

Arnaud Clement FRA (10)
Michael Llodra FRA (10)
c.
Gilles Simon FRA
Stanislas Wawrinka SUI

Michal Mertinak SVK
Petr Pala CZE
c.
Amer Delic USA
Travis Parrott USA

(No mixed double for arnaud this year... but Micka plays with Camille)

have they played together before? come on arnaud, he should have some spare time to watch them play.

you have not mentioned that play had been suspended while ljubicic's leading 6-1, 4-4 in the singles ... so arnaud now has a chance to re-group lol

Via
05-29-2007, 01:05 PM
:eek: what happened?????? he was leading 5-2 in the 3rd when i went off....

:sobbing: :crying2:

Manja
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh no! Arnaud lost in the third set tiebreak !!:bigcry:

Do you think Arnaud will still watch Camilles matches? Hopefully they still like eachother as friends!

higherlaw
05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
too bad, again... hope for doubles... there seems to be a trend here! :silly:

camille's matches? maybe.

Kezzi
05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
First round: CLEMENT / LJUBICIC

Bruno's reaction

Entraîneur de son frère Arnaud et de Sébastien Grosjean Bruno Clément a jugé le tirage au sort de ses joueurs plutôt positif, même s'ils affrontent respectivement Ivan Ljubicic (n°7) et Marcos Baghdatis (n°16). "C'est vrai qu'Arnaud et Sébastien affrontent des têtes de série d'entrée, mais sincèrement, ils n'ont pas un tirage si mauvais que ça. L'un et l'autre peuvent s'imposer. Ce tableau pourrait leur permettre d'accéder en deuxième semaine. Et si mes joueurs viennent à s'affronter dans cette quinzaine, c'est qu'ils auront réussi un beau tournoi..." Ce serait en... finale.
:lol:

Ah la positive attitude...

Not that bad, I agree.
With that positive attitude he could be me :lol:
Bruno believes in his players, even if it looks bad on paper, that's really cool :cool:
I only understand the outline of it, online translations don't give very accurate results :p

Hangdog
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, I’ve seen a couple of moments of the match and I’d say that was the case Arnaud enjoys talking about that he played well but the rival was just on fire. Here I admit he was really trying hard and doing his best but with Ljubicic playing like today Arnaud had to do almost no errors to win. He looked so disappointed in the end (and watching Seb’s match definitely didn’t improve his mood), do wish him and Micka best of luck for their doubles.
:eek: what happened?????? he was leading 5-2 in the 3rd when i went off....

:sobbing: :crying2:
I saw only what happened just before and right after but Eurosport offers the next version:
5-3 - Ljubicic holds on to test Clement's nerve forcing him to serve out the set
5-4 - Testing the Clement nerve was clearly a good strategy for Ljubicic to employ because he breaks back and it is back on serve although the Croat will still need to serve to stay in the set
5-5 - Ljubicic levels things up again as he holds on. Can Clement contain his disappointment and keep himself in this match or is that it for the Frenchman? <..>
:sad: Well, for me the singles part of RG is over, just in one day.

Kezzi
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I also saw the last set of the match.
Arnaud really did his best against Ljubo I think. He scored important points, but as Hangdog said, got nervous when he had to serve for the set.
Still got a tie-break and scored the first point in a fantastic way, but after that the match was almost over, although Arnaud didn't give up untill it was really over :)

My favorite point of the set was when Arnaud showed his running abilities and returned Ljubo's dropshot to land right behind the net :D

Via
05-30-2007, 12:39 AM
:worship: thanks for the reports.

i guess we can use a cliche explanation- that he isn't match fit, and when the match was tight, he just couldn't wrap up a set in his favour. so it slipped away. there, any commentator could've told you :p

marcos seemed to have got seb quite easily... well i'll leave it here and go read other reports.

i guess from irina's :sad: face that nico probably went down too :awww:

Kezzi
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
:worship: thanks for the reports.

i guess we can use a cliche explanation- that he isn't match fit, and when the match was tight, he just couldn't wrap up a set in his favour. so it slipped away. there, any commentator could've told you :p

marcos seemed to have got seb quite easily... well i'll leave it here and go read other reports.

i guess from irina's :sad: face that nico probably went down too :awww:
If your talking about mister Lapentti, yeah he did :sad:
But being in the Frenchies forum, I don't think you mean him :p

Via
06-02-2007, 12:28 AM
If your talking about mister Lapentti, yeah he did :sad:
But being in the Frenchies forum, I don't think you mean him :p

lol nicolas is a popular french name too! :p

arnaud and mika delivered a 2nd set bagel to win their 1st round match

Via
06-02-2007, 12:30 PM
mika and camille are debuting today in their 1st round mixed... after arnaud and mika finish their doubles which is being played right now. it's kinda weird! good luck to them, all of them :)

Kezzi
06-02-2007, 02:06 PM
lol nicolas is a popular french name too! :p

arnaud and mika delivered a 2nd set bagel to win their 1st round match
I know, but I can't help thinking of Nicolas Lapentti first, when I hear that name combined with tennis :lol:
He is the first player I really became a fan of and still am :)

Good for them! :bounce:

Marine
06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Arnaud/Mika won in 3 sets
Camille/Mika lost in the "tie break"

Arnaud and Mika will have the honor to play on the central tomorrow !

higherlaw
06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
how's that song go..I don't like Mondays...?
they lost...3/6 7/5 4/6

(they were up in the third)

Marine
06-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Dommage :awww: