Semi Results [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Semi Results

TheBoiledEgg
08-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Greg Rusedski d. Tommy Haas 3-6 6-3 6-3 :mad: :fiery:

Tommy is 1-4 now vs the "Canadian"

pfffffffff a big chance lost :(

come on Felix please win other semi or else it would wanna make me feel that both finalist would lose :rolleyes:

lurker
08-17-2002, 07:56 PM
:sad: :sad: Tommy:sad: :sad: :sad:

He looked like he was in such pain during the second set and by the third I thought he would retire. The last time I saw this it was Pat Rafter in what was essentially a career ending shoulder injury in 1999.

I hope Tommy's shoulder and forearm are not too far gone.

Sophie
08-17-2002, 08:22 PM
What exactly is his injury? Rafter's was a torn rotator cuff. I was under the impression that Hass has a muscle pull, painful, but not career ending.

lin
08-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Tommy :sad: :sad:

Goonergal
08-17-2002, 10:17 PM
Well Done Greg! :bounce: Better Luck next time Tommy. Get healthy soon :)

Tammy
08-18-2002, 03:51 AM
I was actually at this match - and tommy started off well but he was cramping in the ladder stages of the match - the trainer was tending to him during the breaks a couple of times :( though highly understandable seeing as too how freakin hot it was :fiery: .. its just too bad he didn't pull it off :sad:

lurker
08-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Well, on TV it didn't look like cramps. He couldn't put in a first serve reliably and oftentimes the speed was in the low 90s.:sad: He couldn't pronate on his second serve, therefore they kept going long and he wound up with double digit double faults, all except one of them coming in the last two sets. It really looked like an arm problem to me. It really could be any number of muscles or tendons, but I would guess it was plain old tennis elbow:confused: developing in compensation for an underlying shoulder problem. I would guess that the shoulder problem emanates from some trouble with the biceps tendon(s) insertion (same injury Rafter had, not rotator cuff)...which one I don't know...seeing as how extra pronation on the forearm can compensate for what is usually generated with the biceps with the full service motion. Purely guessing though.:D

Anyway, I hope there are no tears...if there are they are keeping quiet about it or they are too small to see on MRI.

(FYI: in case anyone wants an anatomy lesson, the rotator cuff is made up of four muscles: supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularis and teres minor. However, many of the upper arm muscles have tendons inserting in on or around the shoulder joint, and their injury can affect motion just the same. Some examples are the biceps long and short heads and the pectoralis minor and the deltoids.:))

mmm!marat
08-18-2002, 05:54 PM
congrats to greg, but aww to tommy, hope he gets better soon :)