Who I want to win the vs. who will win at the USOPEN [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who I want to win the vs. who will win at the USOPEN

luvbadboys
08-17-2002, 06:35 PM
I want Marat to win because 1) I'd like to have a competitive Masters Cup race for #1, 2) my poor Marat needs to come back and get some confidence so he can start 2003 on the right foot.

LLeyton/Andre will probably win

Ace Tracker
08-17-2002, 09:35 PM
I want Guga to win, but I don't see it happening...:sad:

If Guga doesnt take it, then I'll be happy if one of my picks for the ATP Fantasy Game does it...:):)

Layla
08-17-2002, 11:22 PM
I want to see Juan Carlos Ferrero win the US Open. Now don't laugh, stranger things have happened. :o Why should he wait until RG to win his first slam? ;)

But in all likelihood, Hewitt or Agassi will win, although I wouldn't be too surprised by another upset in the final.

Barrie_Dude
08-18-2002, 12:33 AM
Jen-Jen will win!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Angele
08-18-2002, 12:51 AM
I want Lleyton to win :D And I think he has a great chance!

If he doesn't win, I'd like to see Andy, James or Marat win :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-18-2002, 01:00 AM
I want a Spaniard or South American to win - the more cases I see of sports writers and journalists putting their foot in their mouth, the better ! :D

It isn't unrealistic either - Moya and Canas both won the masters series this summer, and are very fit and in form. Not to mention a string of others.

However as for who I *think* will win for sure, I have no idea. It is pretty much wide open IMO.

Moya showed everyone that Hewitt CAN be beaten on hard (as did Mantilla, as did Greg):D
Marat is injured, no?
Tommy is also injured :sad:
Hewitt is hewitt.
Agassi is Agassi - though he did just lose to Blake :D:D

I would love to see a total surprise take it though. So like I said, a Spaniard or South American ;)

Dissident
08-18-2002, 03:43 AM
I want to see Moya win it. My first pick would naturally be Guga, but thats out of question right now...
Carlos Moya or then Marat Safin.

Now what I think, is that Moya had a very good chance at it, probably the best of his carreer. :D

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-18-2002, 03:46 AM
Roger or Guga

...Lleyton

U.S. AIR FORCE
08-18-2002, 03:46 AM
I want Enqvist to win it.

Hewitt should win it if he doesn't face Moya ;) :p

safin_fan
08-18-2002, 05:42 AM
I want Safin,Federer or Haas to win
It's hard to say who can win it.
Hewitt-I don't think can do it again. But I also didn't think he would win it last year. I guess it all depends on the draw who will win. I just hope no Pete Sampras in the final AGAIN!!!

fresh
08-18-2002, 11:33 AM
I want Misha Youzhny to win, I think Marat will :)

Jackie
08-18-2002, 11:41 AM
I want a Hewitt/Agassi final and Hewitt to win