NRL Round 10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NRL Round 10

The Gucci one
05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Wind and rain around in Wollongong tommorrow so I have jumped in and taken GC +4.5 early.

Mr Flamboyant
05-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Wind and rain around in Wollongong tommorrow so I have jumped in and taken GC +4.5 early.

Titans aren't exactly 'mudlarks' on the evidence of the couple of games they've played in wet conditions this season .. but they've been giving off pretty good vibes at training this week .. Watch for a few guys OTHER THAN Scott Prince to have much bigger games tomorrow night ... One or two forwards in particular now that 'Bull' Bailey is not available .. Titans have been pretty willing to acknowledge this as a statement game after two losses in a row .. They were pretty embarrassed by last week's loss to the Roosters ..

Jake Webster's been dropped to QLD Cup and Smith Samau replaces him on the wing for just his second game in first grade ... Josh Lewis may also get a run off the bench after transfering from the Roosters mid-week ..

This one looks pretty tricky to get a feel for .. St George have their backs to the wall at 2-6 and particularly coming off that Matt Head debacle last week .. They've got a pretty strong side on paper tomorrow night .. especially with Woolford back at dummy half .. And if there's one place they'd want to be playing in a situation like they're in right now, it's WIN Stadium ...

Lebowski
05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Cowboys 2.40 over Eels

breadman7
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Cowboys 2.40 over Eels

Good luck Lebowski but did you know Thurston is out due to state of origin? Along with hit man too.:wavey:

Lebowski
05-17-2007, 09:37 PM
yes i do know but thanks for the thought

sports freak
05-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Wind and Rain i thought you wouldve taken the Unders in this game if it not too low,good luck on the Titans!!

The Gucci one
05-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Wind and Rain i thought you wouldve taken the Unders in this game if it not too low,good luck on the Titans!!

Maybe I will mate just have to wait and see what the weather is like

good_gambler
05-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Gold Coast @ 2.45

SadrieL
05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Why are the Dragons favourite? They suck.

Titans +4 for me.

good_gambler
05-18-2007, 08:13 AM
On a side note.. I cannot believe it is round 10 already!!! :speakles:

Gamblore
05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Crap round, i'm going to skip it.

Rosco
05-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Crap round, i'm going to skip it.

Agree JJ. But I might have a quiet one on
Roosters@$4.25.
I think Melbourne are there for the picking even though they have a watertight home record. Roosters are playing a lot better lately and Melbourne will be without a few stars.

its.like.that
05-18-2007, 08:52 AM
St George: 0-10 points @ 3.75

Mr Flamboyant
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Horrible game from a betting standpoint tonight ...

Rosco
05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Nice Avatar Mate! Any "pretty babies" down your way? Top Movie!

Mr Flamboyant
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice Avatar Mate! Any "pretty babies" down your way? Top Movie!

plenty of "beautiful babies" on the Gold Coast! :D ahhhem, and errr no bet for me in tonight's game ..!

Gamblore
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
plenty of "beautiful babies" on the Gold Coast! :D ahhhem, and errr no bet for me in tonight's game ..!

Sunshine Coast is way better:cool:

sports freak
05-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Sunshine Coast is way better:cool:

Stop it Flamb n JJ,bloody making me Jealous :mad: although there some hotties in Darwin,although not as much up here compared to where you guys are!!

sports freak
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
On a side note.. I cannot believe it is round 10 already!!! :speakles:

Time flies when your having fun :sad:

sports freak
05-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Just the one for 2day!!!

50 units on Parramata Eels -4.5pts over NQLD Cowboys - No Thurston,no Cowboys therefor Tim Smith should have a Field Day,Parra should win by 13+ imo!!

Good luck - other lean on Storms 1-12pts over Roosters,still enough depth to get over the line!!

bad gambler
05-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Geez did I miss the boat with this line. Will still play it though as the weather in Sydney is pretty good for footy

Eels to cover -6 v Cowboys

good luck

xcrap
05-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Just the one for 2day!!!

50 units on Parramata Eels -4.5pts over NQLD Cowboys - No Thurston,no Cowboys therefor Tim Smith should have a Field Day,Parra should win by 13+ imo!!

Good luck - other lean on Storms 1-12pts over Roosters,still enough depth to get over the line!!

geez line moved to 6 now, i was looking foward to hitting the 4.5 once i got home. :(

the cowboys play like headless chooks when thurston is out. add to that they didnt have their coach this week cause of origin.

just heard on the radio jason smith is out? that explains the line move.

bad gambler
05-19-2007, 07:18 AM
just heard on the radio jason smith is out? that explains the line move.

I think that is Justin Smith who is out, not Jason

xcrap
05-19-2007, 07:20 AM
I think that is Justin Smith who is out, not Jason

oh ok. my bad.

sports freak
05-19-2007, 08:24 AM
HT- Parra 20 -4 Cowboys,Go Eels!!!

bad gambler
05-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Playing the late one as well

Roosters to cover +12.5 v Storm - $1.80 (CB)

Also taking a player special available at CB

Slater to score a try - $2.00

good luck

bad gambler
05-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Geez did I miss the boat with this line. Will still play it though as the weather in Sydney is pretty good for footy

Eels to cover -6 v Cowboys

good luck

win

bad gambler
05-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Playing the late one as well

Roosters to cover +12.5 v Storm - $1.80 (CB)

Also taking a player special available at CB

Slater to score a try - $2.00

good luck

lost + win

sports freak
05-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Just the one for 2day!!!

Win

sports freak
05-19-2007, 11:55 PM
A couple of games looks good 2day,especially the Warriors!!!

60 units on New Zealand Warriors ML over West Tigers - Forwards should get the Warriors over the line,should cover the -2.5pts aswell!!

Good luck -other lean on Cronulla pk over Bulldogs,might pull the trigger later depending on how things pan out!!

bad gambler
05-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Tigers to cover +2.5 v Warriors

Sharks to cover -2.5 v Bulldogs

good luck

bad gambler
05-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Tigers to cover +2.5 v Warriors

Sharks to cover -2.5 v Bulldogs

good luck

winners

sports freak
05-20-2007, 09:55 AM
A couple of games looks good 2day,especially the Warriors!!!

60 units on New Zealand Warriors ML over West Tigers - Forwards should get the Warriors over the line,should cover the -2.5pts aswell!!

Good luck -other lean on Cronulla pk over Bulldogs,might pull the trigger later depending on how things pan out!!

Loss,Anderson 10mins in the bin was the turning pt!!

xcrap
05-20-2007, 11:29 AM
good hit on the away side. following NRL trends there are always upset or a few away side winning.

3 matches before these all home side won, by 13+ also. so sunday was the away day.

bad gambler
05-21-2007, 03:27 AM
I can't believe this is the Monday night game. Surely the NRL knew both teams will have a decent Origin representation. Anyway going to take the +12.5 option at CB and back the Broncos

Broncos to cover +12.5 v Sea Eagles - $1.83

its.like.that
05-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Broncos ML

Marrick
05-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Broncos HC for me, too.

SadrieL
05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
These Broncos are terrible.

xcrap
05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
theyre terrible even with their full squad, take 7 out and you get nada.

bad gambler
05-21-2007, 09:50 AM
These Broncos are terrible.

They actually haven't played too badly in the first half

xcrap
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
i think manly will open up in the 2nd half just like the last 2 games against para and raiders.

Marrick
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Took the +20,5 @ BF, hoping they will defend the HC.

mercurial
05-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Ooh. That was nearly a very very big moose for fave punters.

bad gambler
05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
I can't believe this is the Monday night game. Surely the NRL knew both teams will have a decent Origin representation. Anyway going to take the +12.5 option at CB and back the Broncos

Broncos to cover +12.5 v Sea Eagles - $1.83

easy

Why wasn't that last Broncos try given, I missed the replay?

mercurial
05-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Not that I was one of them.

xcrap
05-21-2007, 10:48 AM
knock on over the line.

mercurial
05-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Lost control in grounding the ball.

Mr Flamboyant
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Yet another farsical performance from Wayne Bennett at the post match presser ... Even the most senior journalists in the business are like quivering cadets when 'darth vader' takes his place at the table nowadays .. It's with complete arrogance and disdain that he treats the media .. Legitimate questions about football and players' performances he refuses to take seriously or treat the person asking the question as a professional .. His time has well and truly come ... :mad:

Oh and then there's the crap football his team is playing as well ...

xcrap
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
cant blame the guy, his team is looking down the barrell of the wooden spoon :D

the punter who put 1500 dollars on broncos for the wooden spoon @ 56 when he heard brisbane could be docked points for salary cap breaches must be licking his lips.

bad gambler
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Broncs won't get the spoon, far from it.

xcrap
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
interesting the bulldogs are taking their home game to suncorp next week against the cowboys.

Mr Flamboyant
05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
cant blame the guy, his team is looking down the barrell of the wooden spoon :D

That's no excuse for belittling someone purely on the basis of their profession .. I've been a huge fan of Wayne Bennett over the years as a fan of the Broncos but over the past couple of months I've seen what this bloke is really all about ... and it's not pleasant for anyone .. Bottom line is he's looking old and tired and must be a massive burden for the Broncos from a PR point of view .. Always thought this guy could see the bigger picture in terms of the Rugby League, but his behaviour in terms of shutting himself away from everyone indicates quite the opposite ..

xcrap
05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah they show his part of the post match interview on the news, he was very rude... " im not going to tell you"

but hey thats wayne, he has always been like that, i dont know why youre surprised .. he hates the media, he likes to give 1 worded answers, he never smiles, thats him. even during origin when he was coach he never even promoted the event.

breadman7
05-21-2007, 11:58 PM
My opinion is this. The guy is an absolute living legend. He has done more for rugby league than any other guy I know of. On top of that the unsung work he has done for the kids and the under priveledge is enormous including the work for charity. I think the main reason he hates the media so much is they always misqoute him and are always negative to him and I mean right from the beginning. No other coach will ever last as long as he has done at 1 team in any sport all over the world, now is that saying something for him or what??? You dont stay at 1 club for the amount of time that this guy has and survive what he has been through, the tough times and the good times. Whenever I have had the chance to talk to him he has been more than willing and has never brushed anyone that I know of that has wanted to chat to him whether it be for a autograph or a question. Just when there are cameras and reporters involved he thinks why talk to them because what he says will ALWAYS be misquoted the next day in the papers. Cheers.

Rosco
05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Just an outsiders opinion who has never met Wayne (or any top level coach in rugby league) I have found it very interesting to watch the after game press conferences that FOX now televise during monday night footy. All the coaches have a different way of dealing with the media but most seem to accept that they are a neccessary evil they must face. Degrading and being rude to the press has not helped Wayne but maybe that's what he wants. I can remember him running and hiding from the press when he returned from overseas one year after the Aussie team lost.(They won't chase you if you don't run!) If he doesn't want to be misquoted or taken the wrong way then all he needs to do is send the assistant coach or media guy? But from a fans perspective.....if my team is not performing I want to know why.....and the man with the plan SHOULD be the coach. So he (or one day a SHE) should show some leadership and face the questions with valour! OR step aside and let someone else take the controls (AKA Eddie Jones and the REDS)!

Just a Fans thoughts!

Rosco
05-22-2007, 01:32 AM
My opinion is this. The guy is an absolute living legend. He has done more for rugby league than any other guy I know of. On top of that the unsung work he has done for the kids and the under priveledge is enormous including the work for charity. I think the main reason he hates the media so much is they always misqoute him and are always negative to him and I mean right from the beginning. No other coach will ever last as long as he has done at 1 team in any sport all over the world, now is that saying something for him or what??? You dont stay at 1 club for the amount of time that this guy has and survive what he has been through, the tough times and the good times. Whenever I have had the chance to talk to him he has been more than willing and has never brushed anyone that I know of that has wanted to chat to him whether it be for a autograph or a question. Just when there are cameras and reporters involved he thinks why talk to them because what he says will ALWAYS be misquoted the next day in the papers. Cheers.

Tommy Lasorda at the Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) might have him covered?

Regarded by many as baseball's most popular ambassador, Tommy Lasorda begins his 57th season in the Dodger organization and second as Special Advisor to the Chairman. He was named Vice President in 1996 after retiring as manager, a position he held for the previous 20 seasons

breadman7
05-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Just an outsiders opinion who has never met Wayne (or any top level coach in rugby league) I have found it very interesting to watch the after game press conferences that FOX now televise during monday night footy. All the coaches have a different way of dealing with the media but most seem to accept that they are a neccessary evil they must face. Degrading and being rude to the press has not helped Wayne but maybe that's what he wants. I can remember him running and hiding from the press when he returned from overseas one year after the Aussie team lost.(They won't chase you if you don't run!) If he doesn't want to be misquoted or taken the wrong way then all he needs to do is send the assistant coach or media guy? But from a fans perspective.....if my team is not performing I want to know why.....and the man with the plan SHOULD be the coach. So he (or one day a SHE) should show some leadership and face the questions with valour! OR step aside and let someone else take the controls (AKA Eddie Jones and the REDS)!

Just a Fans thoughts!

I think Benny has a slighlty better record than Eddie;) Coaches themselves have to attend press conferences, you are not allowed to send other speakers unless ofcoarse I would imagine if you were unwell in some way.

breadman7
05-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Tommy Lasorda at the Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) might have him covered?

Regarded by many as baseball's most popular ambassador, Tommy Lasorda begins his 57th season in the Dodger organization and second as Special Advisor to the Chairman. He was named Vice President in 1996 after retiring as manager, a position he held for the previous 20 seasons

Talking about coaches here NOT managers. One that did come to mind though would be Sir Alex for Man utd. But I was more or less getting a point across Rosco. Im sure that there probably are some coaches that have lasted longer than Benny but defiantly not in League. Cheers Breadman.