State of Origin #1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

State of Origin #1

Mr Flamboyant
05-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Queensland $1.58 (-4)
New South Wales $2.40 (+4)

Btw, who the fcuk is Brett White ..? This 'ewan' is in for a world of hurt on wednesday night ... stupid rookie ... :p

The Gucci one
05-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Flambo, Whitey will the pain provider come Wednesday night.

Go the Blues

sports freak
05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Flambo, Whitey will the pain provider come Wednesday night.

Go the Blues

:D Go Blues

breadman7
05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
The major hurt for NSW is going to be the scoreboard after 80 min.

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS:worship:

good_gambler
05-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Btw, who the fcuk is Brett White ..? This 'ewan' is in for a world of hurt on wednesday night ... stupid rookie ... :p
You don't know who Brett White is? :speakles:
He has been great form for Melbourne.

:lol: :yeah:

But no Slater in the side. :(:(:( :fiery: :bigcry:

sports freak
05-18-2007, 06:27 AM

:lol: :yeah:

But no Slater in the side. :(:(:( :fiery: :bigcry:

No Slater = QLD Selectors :cuckoo: Blues :D

good_gambler
05-18-2007, 08:11 AM
No Slater = QLD Selectors :cuckoo: Blues :D

= even more :o for the Blues when they lose. :ras::nerner:

Rosco
05-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Queensland $1.58 (-4)
New South Wales $2.40 (+4)

Mr Flam.........Met Brett White when he came to our school (no I work there) for a visit for the kids. Nice bloke and a HUGE UNIT! :eek: He has been playing great for Melbourne this year and deserved selection!

BUT..........will get pounded by his teammate Johnson who cuts em down like the AXE himself.:devil: Johnson is a new and improved model of the Trevor Gillmeister. :worship:

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!

its.like.that
05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
QLD and UNDERS

Mr Flamboyant
05-18-2007, 09:15 AM

Was a figure of speech boys .. ie "who the fudge are you!?" ...Obviously know who Brett White ... Just a dumb move for a bloke ahead of first origin to pour fuel on the opposition forward pack with comments like that ...

I'm picking he'll get smashed on his first hitup and the last thing he'll remember before passing out will be a large islander face saying "I'm Petero" ...

wenty
05-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm picking he'll get smashed on his first hitup and the last thing he'll remember before passing out will be a large islander face saying "I'm Petero" ...

:haha:

Go the Blues!!!

Rosco
05-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Was a figure of speech boys .. ie "who the fudge are you!?" ...Obviously know who Brett White ... Just a dumb move for a bloke ahead of first origin to pour fuel on the opposition forward pack with comments like that ...

More Like "Petrol's Seventy cents per litre"

Petero :smash: White :zzz:

Mr Flamboyant
05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
^ More like "petrol's seventy thousand cents a litre" ...!

Rosco
05-18-2007, 09:36 AM
^ More like "petrol's seventy thousand cents a litre" ...!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

sports freak
05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
= even more :o for the Blues when they lose. :ras::nerner:

lol :rolleyes:

dave nz
05-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Carl Webb gets ruled out and some books move their lines a full point. Can't say I agree with that. No big deal IMO.

Queensland for me will post tomorrow If I go with it.

xcrap
05-22-2007, 09:56 AM
penalty goal for 1st scoring play by both sides @ 8.25 looks good.

i think the match will be intense and tight for the 1st 10mins or so and teams will be defence minded, i reckon who ever gets a penalty in the oppositions half may opt for a penalty goal just to get 1st points on the board.

bad gambler
05-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Smith more tackles than Buderus - $1.70

good luck

dave nz
05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
One for tonight :

Queensland ML (-150) over NSW--------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

Mr Flamboyant
05-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Small play:

Queensland by 1-12 ........ $3.05

gl

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 09:42 AM
NSW have 3 Internationals sitting on the bench, unbelievable

NSW to cover +3.5 v QLD

good luck

sports freak
05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
penalty goal for 1st scoring play by both sides @ 8.25 looks good.

i think the match will be intense and tight for the 1st 10mins or so and teams will be defence minded, i reckon who ever gets a penalty in the oppositions half may opt for a penalty goal just to get 1st points on the board.

Definetely value mate :D good luck also have a winger score first try scorer most likely a Storm boy as in King or Inglis :D

sports freak
05-23-2007, 09:45 AM
If this game is Physical in the 1st half in should suit the Blues due to the fact the Marrons forwards are older and will take its toll more,so the 60-80 mminute mark is always going to be crucial!!No bet on this game just gonna enjoy the Spectacle!!

Go Bluessssssssssssss,Braith Anasta to have a Blinder for us to get over the line,1-12 both teams either way cant go astray!!

SadrieL
05-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Blues baby

xcrap
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
lets go blues!!!

matty cooper to get a hat trick :P

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
lets go blues!!!

matty cooper to get a hat trick :P

Matty Cooper wouldn't know what a tryline looks like even if he ran past it ;)

NSW won't win this via their backline, it will be that backrow + bench that gets this done should they win tonight.

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Xcrap that was the only way Coops was going to score a try, line open 5 metres out :p

SadrieL
05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
hell yeah HAYNE! BLUES BABY! TOO GOOD

The Maroons are tired after 10 minutes lol

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 10:57 AM
go field goal!!! wooooo

xcrap
05-23-2007, 10:58 AM
lol @ tate, what a fool trying to kick the grubber, youre asking for trouble there.

dave nz
05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Halftime, winner is a coin toss as is usually the case on most Origin games.

You will usually see me bet small on origin games and tonight is no different :

Queensland ML (+190), 0.2 of a unit

SadrieL
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Good time to lay the Blues if you can.

Gamblore
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
18-18 !!!!!

Fuck u NSW!!!

Gamblore
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Come on QLD!!!

Gamblore
05-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Pitty i can't watch it live.

SadrieL
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM

And now QLD lead 24-18

Gamblore
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
TRY!!!:bounce:

Gamblore
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
This is a Liverpool type turn around.

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
NSW pissing this one and the series away :rolleyes:

Dubious penalties helping the QLD cause as well. But NSW don't have anyone except for themslves to blame

Gamblore
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM
QLD:hatoff:

xcrap
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
that was a trash 2nd half by NSW. wtf did the coach say to the players. fire him!. you dont defend the total! you play like you did in the 1st half. both halves were quiet in the 2nd half. typical qlders, got to hand it to them.

Mr Flamboyant
05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Small play:

Queensland by 1-12 ........ $3.05

gl

winner :cool:

Pages two & three of this thread make classic reading if you're a Queenslander!:p

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Smith more tackles than Buderus - $1.70

NSW to cover +3.5 v QLD

win + loss

Sounds like a costly game for the Storm tonight

bad gambler
05-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Jinx!!!!!!

SadrieL
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Jinx!!!!!!

Why jinx? It was the perfect time to lay them.

dave nz
05-23-2007, 01:12 PM
One for tonight :

Queensland ML (-150) over NSW--------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

Halftime, winner is a coin toss as is usually the case on most Origin games.

You will usually see me bet small on origin games and tonight is no different :

Queensland ML (+190), 0.2 of a unit

Winners :cool:

+0.7 on what I posted

But dropped a little on Queensland 13+

So ended up about +0.5

breadman7
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS:worship:

And what a major hurt it was.:devil:

Rosco
05-23-2007, 11:10 PM
NSW pissing this one and the series away :rolleyes:

Dubious penalties helping the QLD cause as well. But NSW don't have anyone except for themslves to blame

Referee had an ordinary game? Simple simpkins! First half he had the blue shades on and the second half he had the maroon shades? I think his decisions cost QLD more!:( First NSW try????????????still waiting for the ball to be grounded. And Steve Price should have 2 try's to his name.....that pass was as flat as the surf in Cairns! :confused: He also missed Steve Bell inside the 10 for the first try too! Mullens had a 40/20 as well but Simple overruled the touchie!

Simple Simpkins should not be refereeing game two?:mad:

Rosco
05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
BUT..........will get pounded by his teammate Johnson who cuts em down like the AXE himself.:devil: Johnson is a new and improved model of the Trevor Gillmeister. :worship:

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!

Told ya DJ would cut him down first tackle!!!!:devil: Toni (The Jaw) Carroll:worship: helped over the top too and put White in the Blood bin all night! Jaw on report for the tackle too! Don't know why? White was falling down due to DJ getting him low. Should get off?

xcrap
05-24-2007, 02:46 AM
which tackle are you talking about?

Rosco
05-24-2007, 02:58 AM
which tackle are you talking about?

Brett White's first hitup of the game. Think it was about 3rd or 4th tackle in to NSW first play of the game? Brett came out of it with a broken nose I think too?
Match review put the tackle on report. Nate Myles has pleaded guilty to his charge and has a two week suspension. He is available for Origin 2.

Mr Flamboyant
05-24-2007, 04:20 AM

picked it like a dirty nose ... only Johnson beat Petero to the punch ... :boxing:

xcrap
05-24-2007, 04:26 AM
oh yeah, i just heard he was cleared of charges. what BS. 1st he gets off in round 1 with eye-gouging and now the arm hits the head but its okay for a bronco. who was the player who took cooper high also, i think it was carroll also.

Mr Flamboyant
05-24-2007, 04:39 AM
oh yeah, i just heard he was cleared of charges. what BS. 1st he gets off in round 1 with eye-gouging and now the arm hits the head but its okay for a bronco. who was the player who took cooper high also, i think it was carroll also.

Stop right there buster ... You're referring to a club which has never, NEVER had a player exhonerated at the judiciary .. not once in 20 years ... :singer:

bad gambler
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Referee had an ordinary game? Simple simpkins! First half he had the blue shades on and the second half he had the maroon shades? I think his decisions cost QLD more!:( First NSW try????????????still waiting for the ball to be grounded. And Steve Price should have 2 try's to his name.....that pass was as flat as the surf in Cairns! :confused: He also missed Steve Bell inside the 10 for the first try too! Mullens had a 40/20 as well but Simple overruled the touchie!

Simple Simpkins should not be refereeing game two?:mad:

Apart from obviously NSW losing, I didn't have a problem with the result itself as you are right, there were dubious calls both ways. It's beyond me why Simpkins still gets the big games, he had a pretty poor GF last year as well.

However NSW served that win to QLD on a platter in the second half, they didn't really do or need to do anything spectacular to comeback and win.

breadman7
05-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Big call but im thinking 3-0 queensland. Just cant see nsw improving enough to win a game this series. Mullen will be ok but it will take a few years if he can last that long. Anasta is not one of my fav players, really think he is overated but only the gould factor there. Front rowers would be better of playing touch :eek: :wavey:

dave nz
05-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Big call but im thinking 3-0 queensland.

If they can stay healthy I agree with you here.

sports freak
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Big call but im thinking 3-0 queensland. Just cant see nsw improving enough to win a game this series. Mullen will be ok but it will take a few years if he can last that long. Anasta is not one of my fav players, really think he is overated but only the gould factor there. Front rowers would be better of playing touch :eek: :wavey:

Get em next time champ ;) Blues 13+ EASY,getting on early aswell :eek: :wavey:

Gamblore
05-24-2007, 10:46 AM

No chance in the world they win by 13+. Maybe 1-8 but not 13+.;)

sports freak
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
No chance in the world they win by 13+. Maybe 1-8 but not 13+.;)

:confused: One of us will win ;) :wavey:

breadman7
05-24-2007, 11:36 PM

Sorry Freak but nsw are gone this year and maybe the next 4 for 5. Had your moments but now Johns is gone along with a few forwards it is time for NSW to wait and get some passionate classy players. You did well to get 1 series ahead of us but now its our turn to kick away. Why I think we will go 3-0 this year is the motivation to win at telstra and if we win there they will flog you in the 3rd back home. Thinking 13+ there too. Anyway good luck with your 13+. Cheers :wavey:

sports freak
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Sorry Freak but nsw are gone this year and maybe the next 4 for 5. Had your moments but now Johns is gone along with a few forwards it is time for NSW to wait and get some passionate classy players. You did well to get 1 series ahead of us but now its our turn to kick away. Why I think we will go 3-0 this year is the motivation to win at telstra and if we win there they will flog you in the 3rd back home. Thinking 13+ there too. Anyway good luck with your 13+. Cheers :wavey:

Fair enough Breadman spoken like a TRUE QUEENSLANDER :) No way this series is a sweep,Blues will win game 2 and comfortably,we still have the talent no doubt but everyone knows nowadays with Johns gone its gonna be harder to win away,but insaying that the Blues were the better team in the first 20 mins or so which is a good sign!!Passion is a understatement and yes you guys seems to have it more so then the Blues for whateva soo reason :confused: Blues still got a hell of a list no doubt in my mind and will make it up in game 2 mate,on behalf of our good mate Bolar Bolar -Mark My Words :wavey:

breadman7
05-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Fair enough Breadman spoken like a TRUE QUEENSLANDER :) No way this series is a sweep,Blues will win game 2 and comfortably,we still have the talent no doubt but everyone knows nowadays with Johns gone its gonna be harder to win away,but insaying that the Blues were the better team in the first 20 mins or so which is a good sign!!Passion is a understatement and yes you guys seems to have it more so then the Blues for whateva soo reason :confused: Blues still got a hell of a list no doubt in my mind and will make it up in game 2 mate,on behalf of our good mate Bolar Bolar -Mark My Words :wavey:

lol. Yes i am a true queenslander but these comments were from the head not the heart. Few years ago when Johns and Buderus Menzies etc etc were at their peak i was on NSW. I try not to bet with my heart which is very hard to do but i have learned the hard way namely by betting on brisbane ats. Real bad move for 2 years. yes im a slow learner.:o But sorry mate at the moment no way nsw wins game 2 but there is 3 weeks to go and a lot can happen in those 3 weeks. Good to see the Cowboys brake their origin voodoo. There a big chance this year for the gf.

p.s. you were one of the people i followed lol:eek: good luck this weekend on the punt mate.

sports freak
05-27-2007, 03:22 AM
lol. Yes i am a true queenslander but these comments were from the head not the heart. Few years ago when Johns and Buderus Menzies etc etc were at their peak i was on NSW. I try not to bet with my heart which is very hard to do but i have learned the hard way namely by betting on brisbane ats. Real bad move for 2 years. yes im a slow learner.:o But sorry mate at the moment no way nsw wins game 2 but there is 3 weeks to go and a lot can happen in those 3 weeks. Good to see the Cowboys brake their origin voodoo. There a big chance this year for the gf.

p.s. you were one of the people i followed lol:eek: good luck this weekend on the punt mate.

Good luck my friend,doesnt matter if your a slow learner as long as you learn on the way!!!The problem with Cowboys making the Final is that they have to face either Melbourne or Manly and at this stage i can see them getting past either of them but funnier things have happened,especailly if injuries are brought to the surface!!!For me i cant see Blues losing infront of hopefuly 80,000+,just hope Mason is right for that game!!