Erlich/Ram bake FLAKE 6-3 7-6(2) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Erlich/Ram bake FLAKE 6-3 7-6(2)

tangerine_dream
05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
FLAKE def Federer/Wawrinka 6-1 7-5

Looks like two Americans are better than one on Hamburg clay. ;)
Congrats to James and Mardy on their doubles win over Roger and Stan :woohoo:

Jimnik
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
:haha: :yeah:

Good to see there's always back-up in case anything should happen to the twins. ;)

Deboogle!.
05-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Flake! :rocker2: They're actually a very good team together :p

Forehander
05-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Federer lost in the first round in Roma of doubles. So does this mean he's going to lose in the second round of Hamburg?

rafagirlno1
05-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Was Roger wearing his rolex watch :awww:

nobama
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Flake! :rocker2: They're actually a very good team together :pNo need to bring that up and ruin the intent of this thread. ;)

tangerine_dream
05-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Flake! :rocker2: They're actually a very good team together :p
People need to be reminded of that and it's been a while since I've seen them. :p Hope they can go deep here, if not in singles, then doubles will do just fine.

Uh, maybe? :lol:

Sofyaxo
05-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh the Flake, the one time I actually like Blake.

They normally do well in doubles. Very cool.

The_Nadal_effect
05-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I think its an awesome gesture on the part of :worship: Fed:worship: to find out time to play doubles. Ditto to Nadal. Its good for tennis. I hope he wins something with Rip-War-Winkle one day!

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I think its an awesome gesture on the part of :worship: Fed:worship: to find out time to play doubles. Ditto to Nadal. Its good for tennis. I hope he wins something with Rip-War-Winkle one day!

Well, in fact it's helping them adjust to the surface, get used to the court, get into proper rhythm, etc. So its not only altruism that brings Fed and Rafa to play doubles as well.

But I agree with you, it's nice, of course! :D

wildegirl05
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
i was only rooting for the "f" part of flake but it is SO nice to have a reason for mardy to stick around! GO FISHY! :bounce:

yes, i wanna know about the watch too ;) bwin totally didn't broadcast this match :p

RickDaStick
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
:yawn:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 07:02 PM
yes, i wanna know about the watch too ;) bwin totally didn't broadcast this match :p

The only doubles matches bwin shows are finals, and matches that involve both Fed and Raf... :lol:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM

To answer your question: yes, he was. ;)

See the pic Mirkaland posted here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5359911&postcount=93

mangoes
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats Blake and Marty :lol: I bet this match was fun to watch.

jeahhh!
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Flake:rocker2:

wildegirl05
05-15-2007, 07:46 PM
The only doubles matches bwin shows are finals, and matches that involve both Fed and Raf... :lol:

well, i guess i can't complain too loudly then :cool:

yep, i see the watch!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/6d/fullj.getty-74117531sf061_atp_masters_s_12_34_35_pm.jpg

Fumus
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Yea Blake and Fish play very well together. I remember that one tourney they beat the number 3, and 1 ranked doubles teams to win the Houston title on clay.

Or Levy
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Tell me Roger is going to stick with the blue throughout the tournament, I never want to see that red shirt again unless he's playing in the Davis cup.

Metis
05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Blake finally gets a win against Roger :eek:. I guess it's panic-attack time for the Federer camp...

:lol:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Blake finally gets a win against Roger :eek:. I guess it's panic-attack time for the Federer camp...

Nay... it was in fact Fed against TWO players, as Stan is still recovering from injury - and besides that, look at the picture posted above: Fed is smiling and wearing his watch - don't think he was all too much shocked at this result.

We'll have to see how he does tomorrow...

Oops, saw your smiley too late, :lol:

mangoes
05-15-2007, 08:12 PM

:ras: :ras: :ras:

Metis
05-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Nay... it was in fact Fed against TWO players, as Stan is still recovering from injury - and besides that, look at the picture posted above: Fed is smiling and wearing his watch - don't think he was all too much shocked at this result.

We'll have to see how he does tomorrow...

I was just joking. The :lol: smilie was not intended as 'let's laugh at Roger because he lost his doubles match' but more as 'James finally got a win against Federer'. I know Roger doesn't take doubles seriously at this point. Besides I am far from a hater. I've never disliked him, in fact I used to like him as much as Nadal, but at some point realized I had to pick one to root for. :shrug:

:ras: :ras: :ras:

Where is the goat cheese thread? Today is Swiss cheese day. :nerner:

:rolls:

Jade Fox
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
well, i guess i can't complain too loudly then :cool:

yep, i see the watch!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/6d/fullj.getty-74117531sf061_atp_masters_s_12_34_35_pm.jpg

Congrats to FLAKE!!! :rocker2:

Mmmmm sexay Roger in blue!:hearts:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I was just joking. The :lol: smilie was not intended as 'let's laugh at Roger because he lost his doubles match' but more as 'James finally got a win against Federer'. I know Roger doesn't take doubles seriously at this point. Besides I am far from a hater. I've never disliked him, in fact I used to like him as much as Nadal, but at some point realized I had to pick one to root for. :shrug:

No problem, Metis - I just noticed your smiley too late... :D
I know you're not a hater at all... :hug: :hug: :hug:

mangoes
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Where is the goat cheese thread? Today is Swiss cheese day. :nerner:

:rolls:

:devil: :devil: :lol:

No problem, Metis - I just noticed your smiley too late... :D
I know you're not a hater at all... :hug: :hug: :hug:

She really isn't, but I am really, really sick of Metis laughter during this clay season. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???? WHERE??:shrug: I just want to laugh at her once:sad: :sad: .............:secret:Preferably during the FO:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 08:31 PM
:She really isn't, but I am really, really sick of Metis laughter during this clay season. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???? WHERE??:shrug: I just want to laugh at her once:sad: :sad: .............:secret:Preferably during the FO:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm... don't see that happening, :lol:. I'm afraid we'll have to feed on GOAT Cheese for a while. ;)

wildegirl05
05-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats to FLAKE!!! :rocker2:

Mmmmm sexay Roger in blue!:hearts:

isn't he :drool: in blue??? :inlove:

CB, i didn't see your link to the piccie till now :o , i found it on yahoo!sports.

mangoes
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmmm... don't see that happening, :lol:. I'm afraid we'll have to feed on GOAT Cheese for a while. ;)

I know:sad: :sad: I don't see it happening either:sad: Hi Karin:hug: I see you, also, are a bit lost with the new perv thread:lol: :lol:

Johnny Groove
05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Roger is gonna get a tanline on his wrist from than Rolex :rolls:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I know:sad: :sad: I don't see it happening either:sad: Hi Karin:hug: I see you, also, are a bit lost with the new perv thread:lol: :lol:

Uhm, yeah. I can't keep up with all that. Most posters seem to be posting while I'm off napping at night... also I start to wonder whether I'm actually that pervy. ;)

"I little shy, no?" :p

smitty8
05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Go Flake! :rocker:

switz
05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
yes well doubles is extremely different to singles when it comes to the changes of surface. Because most men still play doubles the traditional way (ie serve and volley) you don't see the impact. They also only have to cover half the court so takes the movement issues out as well. The Bryan brother's success on clay is evidence of that.

switz
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Also the simple fact is Stan is not very good most of the time. It would be interesting to see Roger play doubles with a decent player for once. The last time he did i think he won the US Open or something (with Miryni)

Metis
05-15-2007, 11:06 PM
She really isn't, but I am really, really sick of Metis laughter during this clay season. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???? WHERE??:shrug: I just want to laugh at her once:sad: :sad: .............:secret:Preferably during the FO:lol: :lol: :lol:

:hug:

I have no problem with that as long as I get the last laughter at Wimbledon :devil: .

:dance:

Uhm, yeah. I can't keep up with all that. Most posters seem to be posting while I'm off napping at night... also I start to wonder whether I'm actually that pervy. ;)

"I little shy, no?" :p

I hear you (and mangoes). I can't keep up either :scared:. That's OK though. We can be the minor league of the perv squad. :lol:

Getting a tan in Hamburg? :unsure:

nobama
05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
He wants to coordinate with the tanline on his forehead. :lol:

Jlee
05-15-2007, 11:26 PM
FLAKE! Woot! :yeah:

cobalt60
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
I hear you (and mangoes). I can't keep up either :scared:. That's OK though. We can be the minor league of the perv squad. :lol:
Count me in for the minor league :banana:

And yeah Flake :) At least someone I follow is winning :p
And who says you have to be a fan of either Nadal or Fed? Or even both? :angel:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Count me in for the minor league :banana:

Heheh. I feel very comfortable to know I'm not the only one who's happy with being in the Squad's Minor League... too shy for the 'real' stuff I think. :D

And who says you have to be a fan of either Nadal or Fed? Or even both? :angel:

:hug: ah, I guess I'm a fan of TENNIS first and foremost, but at times, when two of such lovelies come around on the scene around the same time, I just... can't help myself. :hearts:
See? Still Pervy After All! :aplot:

Johnny Groove
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
You can't be a fan of both. She's faking it :angel: :aplot:

cobalt60
05-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Heheh. I feel very comfortable to know I'm not the only one who's happy with being in the Squad's Minor League... too shy for the 'real' stuff I think. :D

:hug: ah, I guess I'm a fan of TENNIS first and foremost, but at times, when two of such lovelies come around on the scene around the same time, I just... can't help myself. :hearts:
See? Still Pervy After All! :aplot:

Well I am not shy at all:lol: Just don't feel the need to ever cross the line so to speak. And I agree :yeah: I am a fan of tennis first and foremost:D

cobalt60
05-15-2007, 11:41 PM
You can't be a fan of both. She's faking it :angel: :aplot:

Why is it the male persuasion always think women are faking it :p

Johnny Groove
05-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Because she swings both ways :aplot:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 11:44 PM

:haha: :aplot: :tape:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Because she swings both ways :aplot:

I do. Both ways = More fun! :drool:

cobalt60
05-15-2007, 11:45 PM
You know I could quite get used to derailing threads;)

Johnny Groove
05-15-2007, 11:50 PM
I do. Both ways = More fun! :drool:

derailment :rolls:

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Wawa looks pissed. Maybe Rogi wasn't trying hard enough. ;)

And then, Rogi looking extremely tasty in that lovely blue shirt... I'm sure he'll ask Rogi to try harder the next time. :drool:

cobalt60
05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
And then, Rogi looking extremely tasty in that lovely blue shirt... I'm sure he'll ask Rogi to try harder the next time. :drool:

And here we go :rocker2: Take it away J'torian;)

Johnny Groove
05-16-2007, 12:00 AM

Wawa: Fuck you Roger, you know I need this money, kiss my ass :mad:
Roger: James! :inlove: Mardy :hearts: *checks watch* RAFA!!!! :drool:

Sunset of Age
05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Wawa: Fuck you Roger, you know I need this money, kiss my ass :mad:
Roger: James! :inlove: Mardy :hearts: *checks watch* RAFA!!!! :drool:

:haha:

This thread is now officially declared as DERAILED.
Well done ladies & gentlemen! :worship:

Metis
05-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey, thread derailment going on without me? :(

:crazy:

Rogi in that blue shirt! :hearts: Those shoulders are so sexy!

I think Rogi does try hard, but it's just not hard enough for Wawa. :awww:

:bolt:

:haha:

Sunset of Age
05-16-2007, 12:11 AM
I think Rogi does try hard, but it's just not hard enough for Wawa. :awww:

:bolt:

:spit:
Wawa playing hard to get? :awww:

Sunset of Age
05-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Rogi in that blue shirt! :hearts: Those shoulders are so sexy!

He should ditch that awful red one immediately, don't you think?
This one shows his yummy shoulders so well... :drool:

"Stanislaus Pervrinka" :haha:

Forehander
05-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Do you guys realise for the past tournaments Roger have lost he's been wearing that Red with thin white stripes tennis shirt!? I reckon that must have been his reason... :) lol

tangerine_dream
05-17-2007, 03:44 PM
FLAKE def Nestor/Knowles 6-2 6-2

Rather than start a new thread I'll just re-use this one and say congrats to FLAKE for taking down a mighty doubles team in the form of Nestor/Knowles. :yeah: Great job, boys. :dance:

jeahhh!
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
:rocker2:

tangerine_dream
05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Erlich/Ram def FLAKE 6-3 7-6(2)

:awww: Good run on the clay anyway, flaky boys :hug:

Meanwhile, the FederBryan brothers keep on rolling, def Allegro/Baghdatis 6-2 7-6(5) :dance:

ReturnWinner
05-18-2007, 04:07 PM
nice win for the argentine (Erlich) and Uruguayan (Ram) :)

RonE
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Well done Andy and Yoni :yeah:

Commisserations for Flake :hug:

And I wish all those pork dorks could take a leaf out of Tangy's book and instead of posting a new thread every time Nadal wins another boringly predictable claycourt match just bump the first winning thread of a tournament and change the title :)

Or Levy
05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh, my word. I completely forgot not ALL was lost to the Israelis this week after Serena beat Shahar yesterday. I forgot all about the doubles.

Boy, I want to see them get a win off the Bryan brothers this year, and a title, for a change!

Yappa
05-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Routine win for Erlich/Ram.
At least Blake showed a few of his trademark return winners. The crowd was pleased. :)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/811/imgp1281mk8.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4514/imgp1296bk3.jpg

cobalt60
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the photos ^ :)

I like corn flakes but I really like jewish men ;)