Volandri d. Murray 1-5* RET [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Volandri d. Murray 1-5* RET

scoobs
05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Serving for the set after playing some brilliant tennis, some pain in his right wrist came out of nowhere and it was impossible to continue - some sort of sharp pain when striking the ball.

It's a shame because that was the best I've ever seen him play on clay, he was dominating the match and Volandri was looking flat, not playing very well, but when he did play good points he was being outhit as well.

VERY depressing for Murray and his fans - he really looked in good shape until this.

More concerns about Murray's propensity to pick up injuries though.

CooCooCachoo
05-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Injuries always suck :( Even if I dislike the player who suffers :p

Pfloyd
Damn shame...

On his birthday this happens to him....:sad:

Sofonda Cox
:spit:

FluffyYellowBall
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Was he swearing at Gilbert?? I thnk he was... He said fucking soethng or someone?

Horatio Caine
Shit, that's harsh :sobbing:

Wrist injuries, if not fully rested, could become very serious. It would be good if he can make RG, but realistically, I think he'd best jacking the clay in and heading back to London.

Get better soon Andy :sad:

Stensland
well, to be honest, that sure didn't look like it was some injury that is going to go away within a week. wrist injuries normally take quite a while...

get well soon andy!

Yappa
What the...?
I couldn't believe it when I saw the scoreboard.

Champion number 1
Murray was playing brilliant. So sad

Filo goes through, the smart money will be on Acasuso in the next round unless Filo can up his game from this crap level although alot of it was down to the great play of Murray!

safine
tough luck. :(

azza
:banana: Fillipo was gunna win anywayz :) YAY

Mr Brightside
Volandri :haha:

Wannabeknowitall
Well that's the worse b-day anyone can ask for.
At least he got an excuse to curse out Brad Gilbert.
Seriously Brad's an asshole.

FluffyYellowBall
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
its his birthday?:sad:

supertommyhaas
Looked serious.. I thing Roland Garros and Wimby may be a doubt...

Horatio Caine
Was he swearing at Gilbert?? I thnk he was... He said fucking soethng or someone?

I'd be surprised if he were swearing AT him, but he might have been cursing his situation TOWARDS Gilbert. At least, I hope that's what he was doing :tape:

Goonergal
Urgh, Andy :sad:

Sunset of Age
Oh, this is truly horrible... poor, poor Andy! :sad: :hug:

That scream at the end before he retired - chilling.
He must've felt awful pain at that moment. A wrist injury, I think?

I so hope he'll get well soon!

MariaV
05-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Looked serious.. I thing Roland Garros and Wimby may be a doubt...

Oh NOOO! :( :unsure: :scared: That would be just awful! :sad: :sad:

Horatio Caine

He yelled out?

Shit, must have been bad. Like a popping, or a tear. Doesn't look good at all...possibly could be out for 4-6 weeks if it is serious. Maybe longer :sobbing:

savesthedizzle
That looked really awful :sad: And he was doing so well.

Well, hopefully it's not as bad as it looks. :unsure:

Shabazza
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Idiot. People who laugh about about the pain and injuries of others are the lowest. :mad:

This doesn't look good for RG and he was playing so well. Must be hard for him. :hug:

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM

maybe he should switch to the WTA tour :tape: they do alot of screaming and retiring during matches :tape: :tape:

JustJames
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
:sad:

Must be frustrating for Andy to come back from a back injury, only to injure his wrist...

And it's quite strange that there is no consistancy to his injuries, mostly un-related to one another.. :scratch:

FluffyYellowBall
I'd be surprised if he were swearing AT him, but he might have been cursing his situation TOWARDS Gilbert. At least, I hope that's what he was doing :tape:

I hope he was...Id never swear at my coach no matter what

scoobs
I think he'll end up missing the rest of the clay and grass season now unless that looked more serious than it was - and I don't think so.

shit shit SHIT. I don't believe this - he's just got over an knee and hip injury and a back problem and now the bloody wrist goes.

FUCK. :(

supertommyhaas
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Looked serious.. I think Roland Garros and Wimby may be a doubt...

its.like.that
So Murray has started matchfixing too.

:rolleyes:

€Stah
That must've hurt like hell, he yelled out like he was in major pain:sad:

That was the best I've ever seen him play, he even said to the trainer "that's probably the best match I've ever played!" DAMN:mad:

jayjay

No, he was very much swearing at him many times. Gilbert told him to play on after Murray had already decided he couldn't.

savesthedizzle

Oh no, he was cursing at him.

Andy wanted to stop playing right away and apparently Gilbert kind of motioned, signalled, whatever, that he wanted Andy to get it wrapped and try to hit some more balls. Andy goes back out there, and does it, hits a ball and goes back into incredible pain and then curses at Brad for making him go back out there. Brad's face during the entire ordeal was not at all concerned but rather a look of not believing the seriousness of the injury.

I would have cursed at him too if I was Andy.

€Stah
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
maybe he should switch to the WTA tour :tape: they do alot of screaming and retiring during matches :tape: :tape:

Just shut the hell up, retarded fanboy:mad:

Burrow
Actually looked like he was playing sensationally, from the highlights, never good when a player is injured.

Horatio Caine
:sad:

Must be frustrating for Andy to come back from a back injury, only to injure his wrist...

And it's quite strange that there is no consistancy to his injuries, mostly un-related to one another.. :scratch:

I'd say it is because he is still "filling out"...not good at all. Hopefully he will eventually get over all of these injuries and not go the way of Clijsters or someone like that :sad:

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Just shut the hell up, retarded fanboy:mad:

:hatoff:

LilyRoseAva
05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
:sad: andy

Wannabeknowitall

"Fucking idiot fucking telling me to hit a fucking ball when I can't fucking do it".
:eek:
No that was AT Gilbert.

It was kinda sexy though.
I love a potty mouth especially with an accent. :hearts:

Sunset of Age
Oh no, he was cursing at him.

Andy wanted to stop playing right away and apparently Gilbert kind of motioned, signalled, whatever, that he wanted Andy to get it wrapped and try to hit some more balls. Andy goes back out there, and does it, hits a ball and goes back into incredible pain and then curses at Brad for making him go back out there. Brad's face during the entire ordeal was not at all concerned but rather a look of not believing the seriousness of the injury.

I would have cursed at him too if I was Andy.

I would even have understood if Andy had smacked him in the face right away, if it indeed happened as you described. :mad:

What a coach, pushing a player who's in pain to continue a match... unbelievable.

Poor Andy!

jayjay
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
What a coach, pushing a player who's in pain to continue a match... unbelievable.

Gilbert looked unashamed as Murray stormed past him (ignoring him in the process). Not sure what Gilbert was thinking to tell Murray to play on, or what Murray was thinking to take his advice when he had already told the trainer there is no way he can play on.

CmonAussie
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
"Fucking idiot fucking telling me to hit a fucking ball when I can't fucking do it".
:eek:
No that was AT Gilbert.

It was kinda sexy though.
I love a potty mouth especially with an accent. :hearts:

:devil:
Suddenly I`m a fan of Murray`s:cool:
Anyone who speaks like that to Gilbert has got to be worth supporting:angel:

savesthedizzle
I would even have understood if Andy had smacked him in the face right away, if it indeed happened as you described. :mad:

Poor Andy!

This is one time where I absolutely feel like Gilbert deserved what Andy was giving to him.

Shabazza
At least, the reaction of the posters in these kind of threads are good to determine which memebers on these boards can be taken seriously and are worth to have a conversation with.

scoobs
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Gilbert looked unashamed as Murray stormed past him (ignoring him in the process). Not sure what Gilbert was thinking to tell Murray to play on, or what Murray was thinking to take his advice when he had already told the trainer there is no way he can play on.
If Gilbert told Murray to play on when Murray said he couldn't, then that was extremely dumb. You don't fuck about with wrist injuries and risk making them much worse.

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
If Gilbert told Murray to play on when Murray said he couldn't, then that was extremely dumb. You don't fuck about with wrist injuries and risk making them much worse.

yeah sure its always Gilberts fault :rolleyes: Andy is 20yo now i think he knows if he can play or not

neme6
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
that's just horrible for Andy, this on his birthday? Can't be more unlucky than that!

Tom Paulman
Someone was laughing at me when I picked Murray to win. I wish it wasn't anything serious and hope to see him OK soon.

Champion number 1
I hope Murray makes Wimbledon... it would be bad for the tournament as a whole if Murray pulls out... I think he will be ok for Wimby though, but not RG.

scoobs
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah sure its always Gilberts fault :rolleyes: Andy is 20yo now i think he knows if he can play or not
Well Andy was dumb to heed it and try and play if he felt he wasn't going to be able to continue. But that doesn't make it any less dumb of Gilbert if he suggested Andy should give it a go. When I saw it happen I did not think he should try and play on - you fuck up a wrist and you're in big trouble in your tennis career.

Horatio Caine
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Precisely. You only need to look to Kiefer to see how bad they can get.

Who knows, maybe other Murray outbursts towards Gilbert are because of some other things behind the scenes that he is being told to do, but doesn't want to?

€Stah
05-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Just shut up and be happy that Andy is injured and you don't need to follow his matches; support his opponents or whatever. Now you've got what you wanted:)

Now go back where you came from and stop annoying us.:wavey:

Horatio Caine
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Just shut up and be happy that Andy is injured and you don't need to follow his matches; support his opponents or whatever. Now you've got what you wanted:)

Don't feed the trolls ;)

€Stah
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Don't feed the trolls ;)

Jezza:wavey: Stupidity needs to be punished, sarcasm is a good way to achieve that because their IQ is lower than their ability to discuss in a normal way, so they don't get it. Simple as that:)

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM

i am thanks :D

if you dont like my views put me on ignore :D

and i didnt want murray to get injured :retard: i find it funny that he has though from 5-1 up :tape:

€Stah
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
i am thanks :D

if you dont like my views put me on ignore :D

and i didnt want murray to get injured :retard: i find it funny that he has though from 5-1 up :tape:

:lol: Go and get laid.:D

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
:lol: Go and get laid.:D

:rolleyes:

mallorn
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh no, that's desperately unlucky! :( Get well soon, Andy! :hug:

Gilbert's reaction :rolleyes: :o

Wannabeknowitall
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Who knows, maybe other Murray outbursts towards Gilbert are because of some other things behind the scenes that he is being told to do, but doesn't want to?

Well most coaches when someone is injured after the dianosis usually are nowhere to be seen.
The player can't play, there's really nothing in their job description that says they're to show empathy towards a player.
That's what the person working on their rehab is for.
So through the injuries a coach-player relationship can be frayed.
Brad was certainly being selfish but I'm sure he's thinking these injuries weren't part of the gameplan when I signed up for this.

If Andy is out for the FO, Brad might be begging ESPN/TTC for a commentating job.
I don't think he's one that can be out of the game not doing something for a long period of time as pathetic as that sounds.

Naranoc
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Shit :(

Hope he gets well soon.

neenah
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
That's such a shame. :sad:

TMJordan
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Why couldn't he have retired when he got hurt against Haas at IW? :rolleyes:

€Stah
05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Why couldn't he have retired when he got hurt against Haas at IW? :rolleyes:

Because he couldn't care less about your stupid bet.

Black Adam
05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Murray is just not cut for Clay.

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM

I must say I can't wait for Andy's presser... really want to know what went on, there. I just can't believe that a coach could indeed be so stupid.
Something must've gone terribly wrong there.

Wrist injuries are quite a different sort of injuries than blisters, fatique and the like. They can set an entire carreer at risk!
I just can't believe Gilbert didn't recognize this as a serious issue. You needn't be a doctor to notice...

*Ljubica*
05-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I must say I can't wait for Andy's presser... really want to know what went on, there. I just can't believe that a coach could indeed be so stupid.

Wrist injuries are quite a different sort of injuries than blisters, fatique and the like. They can set an entire carreer at risk!
I just can't believe Gilbert didn't recognize this as a serious issue. You needn't be a doctor to notice...

Absolutely! I'm no fan of Murray (don't like him at all actually), but the kid was obviously in genuine pain. He was crying his eyes out at the end, - and Gilbert just kind of smirked and shook his head and didn't even go over at the end to comfort the boy :devil: It was quite disgusting.

Andreev22
05-15-2007, 02:18 PM

As Murray left the court he walked straight past Brad. So i don't think he was that happy that he made him carry on.

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Absolutely! I'm no fan of Murray (don't like him at all actually), but the kid was obviously in genuine pain. He was crying his eyes out at the end, - and Gilbert just kind of smirked and shook his head and didn't even go over at the end to comfort the boy :devil: It was quite disgusting.

I still can't believe I actually saw what was happening out there, and hope my mind was playing tricks on me - but that's exactly the way I saw it happen too. Unbelievable.

I know, Andy has this image of a whiner among some people, but here he was in serious pain, anyone could see. Players don't start crying out there like that if it wasn't serious.

Burrow
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I still can't believe I actually saw what was happening out there, and hope my mind was playing tricks on me - but that's exactly the way I saw it happen too. Unbelievable.

I know, Andy has this image of a whiner among some people, but here he was in serious pain, anyone could see. Players don't start crying out there like that if it wasn't serious.

he wasn't crying! - yes he was.

my0118
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
oh god. please recover quickly. :sad:

Blue Heart24
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Murray was playing brilliant. So sad

Filo goes through, the smart money will be on Acasuso in the next round unless Filo can up his game from this crap level although alot of it was down to the great play of Murray!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

volandri will be a perfect bet

acasuso sucks these days

Mistaflava
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
he is built somewhat like a female so he'll most likely be injury prone his entire career.

its a shame

rofe
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
That was sad to see after he was playing so well. Hope he is able to play at Wimbly.

Regenbogen
05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Oh no. Well, this is horrible. :hysteric:

jazar
05-15-2007, 03:31 PM
i'm taking bets on what his injury will be next week.

any takers?

Mistaflava
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM

any takers?

broken fingernail or maybe lacerated eyebrow

jazar
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM

both serious ailments. i'll give you 10-1 on each

vamosnadal
05-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Poor Andy. I feel so sorry for him!

As for the Brad Gilbert thing, I've read interviews before where he talks of Andy being a bit paranoid over injuries. (You can hardly blame the guy) They'll be practising and Andy will tell him his knee hurts etc and Brad would have to tell him to keep going and Andy would then be OK. Perhaps Brad genuinely thought it wasn't as bad as it was?? I'm really trying to hope this is the case, as otherwise that's just a horrendous call by coach Gilbert. You just don't go there with wrists.

Sophie
05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Poor Andy. I feel so sorry for him!

As for the Brad Gilbert thing, I've read interviews before where he talks of Andy being a bit paranoid over injuries. (You can hardly blame the guy) They'll be practising and Andy will tell him his knee hurts etc and Brad would have to tell him to keep going and Andy would then be OK. Perhaps Brad genuinely thought it wasn't as bad as it was?? I'm really trying to hope this is the case, as otherwise that's just a horrendous call by coach Gilbert. You just don't go there with wrists.

I really think it was more of this. How many times has Murray seemed on the verge of collapse, cramping, in pain etc. between points, only to play the following point brilliantly?

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 03:55 PM
I really think it was more of this. How many times has Murray seemed on the verge of collapse, cramping, in pain etc. between points, only to play the following point brilliantly?

Did you actually WATCH the match?
This was very, very different.

savesthedizzle
05-15-2007, 03:57 PM

This was quite different as he went back out to play another point and again doubled over in pain, grabbing his wrist. Anyone who actually watched it could see that.

Sophie
05-15-2007, 04:11 PM
This was quite different as he went back out to play another point and again doubled over in pain, grabbing his wrist. Anyone who actually watched it could see that.

No, I did not actually watch the match. I don't like Gilbert much, but I was thinking that might explain his seeming callousness. Dealing with Murray has to call for a thick skin and a certain amount of stepping back from the emotions.

I hope Murray is okay.

FluffyYellowBall
05-15-2007, 04:26 PM

I cant even believe he played after the first time he felt it.. Its not all gilberts fault but consider u were up 5-1 15 all and ur coach tells u to carry on?? Id be inclined to play and get medical treatment after the set is over.

vincayou
05-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Damn, one of the most interesting player to watch will probably miss RG. I hope he recovers for grass season.

GlennMirnyi
05-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Damn, one of the most interesting player to watch will probably miss RG. I hope he recovers for grass season.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 04:47 PM

any takers?

what will you give me for mouth ulcer?

this is a good bet

t0x
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't overly like the way Murray plays, but to get injured that badly whilst dominating your opponent (and on your birthday) sucks! I really feel sorry for him.

scoobs
05-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Murray had an MRI scan in hospital and is awaiting the full results but he confirmed he has not broken any bones.

"I'll probably have a cast on it for a few days. It's not looking great if I'm realistic but you never know," he said.

"I don't know what will happen exactly - we'll probably announce something in the next few days."

Five Live tennis correspondent Jonathan Overend said that the fact there is no fracture improves Murray's chances of recovering in time for Wimbledon, which starts on 25 June.

The French Open, the second Grand Slam of the season, gets under way on 27 May.

Murray, the ninth seed, was desperate to kick-start his clay court campaign after missing Monte Carlo with a back injury and suffering a first-round defeat in Rome last week.

He won the first three games without dropping a point and broke Volandri three times in surging to within one game of taking the set.

However, he seemed to jar his wrist as he played a routine forehand before dropping his racquet and crying out in pain.

He returned after a 10-minute break but crumpled altogether following his next attempted forehand.

"I hit the forehand and as soon as I hit it I knew something wasn't right," Murray explained.

"I was playing awesome - probably the best I'd played this year - without a doubt the best I'd felt on court.

"I was moving well and showing the improvements I'd made from last year. It's a little bit disappointing to miss the clay court season but I look forward to the next one."

The injury-prone Murray has only completed one match on the ATP Tour since reaching the semi-finals of the Miami Masters Series in March.

"I try to be optimistic and try to get back on court as soon as possible. I've had a bad run of luck with injuries - it happens to everyone at some point," he added.

"It's been one thing after another but nothing too serious and hopefully this one won't be too bad either."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6658139.stm

Tom_Bombadil
05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry for Murray. Too bad for his progress.

Mannboy
05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
doesnt seem tooooo bad then, im expecting him to miss RG. but hopefully he will be back for wimbledon

Mechlan
05-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Terrible for Andy. Looked like he was in some serious pain out there. Worse that it might be the type of injury that'll keep him out for a while. Gotta be frustrating to run into injury after injury.

Agassi Aces
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Poor Andy, If I was him I'd skip the French and Queens to rest for Wimby. Recover soon Andy!!!!!!

Alexandy
05-15-2007, 05:29 PM
This is horrible. :sad: I hope Andy stays out as long as it takes and doesn't come back too soon.

*Ljubica*
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
They just interviewed Murray on TV - he won't say a lot until he gets home tomorrow, but seems very unlikely he'll play RG from what he was saying.

tennisgal_001
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Just when he started to find his rhythm on clay. I can't even begin to imagine what he must be feeling right now. I expect him to pull out of the FO but be back in time for Wimby.

Nothing on the news regarding the whole Gilbert situation yet...

€Stah
05-15-2007, 05:46 PM
He's gonna fire him, pretty sure.

Sofonda Cox
05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
He's gonna fire him, pretty sure.

:retard:

the LTA paid £500,000 to Brad Gilbert to coach Murray - i dont think he can just fire him. :rolleyes:

Fingolfin
05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
The LTA? What's that, the Ladies Tennis Association? :D

But seriously, maybe it won't be that bad. He looked like he hurt his ankle pretty bad in his match against Tommy Haas earlier this year and got up and was fine after like 5 minutes. Granted, this is probably much more serious, but I think he'll play Wimbledon at least.

mallorn
05-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Andy's presser is on the tournament site. He sounds pretty depressed for someone who says he's not depressed. :hug:

http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/livescoring/pc/press-conferences.php

Thumbs up for the tournament, it's great to be able to watch the pressers in full.

Raquel
05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
:sad: Poor Andy. This is really disappointing for him and his fans. He'll have plenty of French Opens in the future. He should write the rest of the clay season off and focus on Wimbledon.

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Very, very sad news. I hope he'll be fully recovered before Wimbledon!

:hug: :hug: :hug: Andy!

mallorn
05-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Just read on another board that Mark Petchey said on Sky that Andy has torn a few tendons, definitely won't play RG, could be out of Wimby too.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Bad luck for Murray

Sunset of Age
Just read on another board that Mark Petchey said on Sky that Andy has torn a few tendons, definitely won't play RG, could be out of Wimby too.

Here's only one word appropriate: this is SHIT!

:sad: :sad: :sad: Andy...

anon57
That's really unfortunate news. For someone so young, Andy Murray sure has had his fair share of injuries. Hope he gets well soon

Merton
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Injuries suck. :( Get well soon Andy.

Johnny Groove
05-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Not a fan of the guy, but it always sucks with injuries, and Gilbert is a fucking moron, Murray should give him the boot

Or Levy
05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Poor thing. Several tendons?

I hope Gillbert apologzies to him for being dismissive.

cmurray
05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Torn tendons? That really SUCKS. I love cheering for Murray at Wimby. For reasons I can't pin down, I'd really like to see one of their countrymen win it for a change.

Sunset of Age
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM

That's about the LEAST he should do.
If I were Andy, I'd dismiss him. :mad:

smitty8
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
That really sucks! I have to get my tape rewound and watch (IF they showed it). That boy has more than his share of injuries. I've never cared for BG, so maybe Andy is yelling at him for a reason (as much as I enjoy listening to his tirades).

Champion number 1
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I know all the talk is of Murray here, but with Robredo losing today if Filo can motivate himself for this week it is entirely possible he can reach QF not discounting Acasuso and Almagro who can beat Filo aswell.

Kolya
05-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Young, talented and injury prone - not a good combo.

Louche
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Gilbert is an opportunist - he has himself a very fat contract. A waste of money if the Murray thing sours.

ChinoRios4Ever
05-16-2007, 12:30 AM
oh no this sucks :sad:

smitty8
05-16-2007, 02:40 AM
I finally got to watch and Andy was playing so well until he got hurt. He really looked like he was in a lot of pain. However, he might have to watch his mouth ;)

yomike
05-16-2007, 03:38 AM
He shouldnt have been so reckless and should have stopped playing as soon as he felt it. Wrist injuries are serious and Mr. Gilbert with his encompassing tennis brain should have known that.

Sofonda Cox
05-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Poor thing. Several tendons?

That's about the LEAST he should do.
If I were Andy, I'd dismiss him. :mad:

:rolleyes: Gilbert did nothing wrong

Murray is the one who needs to apologise for the tirade of abuse he yelled at him :retard:

VolandriFan
05-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Poor Murray :(

RG seeding likely for Filo! :D :woohoo: :bounce:

azza
05-16-2007, 07:03 AM
I hope he was...Id never swear at my coach no matter what

Whats coz ur not playing for tens of thouands of dollars and entry ranking pts.

Deboogle!.
05-19-2007, 02:29 AM
according to Brad, Murray won't play again til Queens at the earliest
http://www.bradgilberttennis.com/asp/bgnation.asp

Jimnik
05-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Doesn't surprise me. It sounded to me as though he might be out for a couple of months.