Press conference: Gasquet prefers Rome [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Press conference: Gasquet prefers Rome

Yappa
05-14-2007, 05:20 PM
http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/livescoring/pc/press-conferences.php

Yeah yeah, I know, not like it's a big secret that the players like Rome more than Hamburg, but it's interesting that someone talked to Richard in french before the PC officially started. Not all what he said was audible, but I think he said that it was good for Rome that an italian was doing well there. And then he said that there were more spectators in Rome and that Hamburg is kinda weird.

ReturnWinner
05-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I bet He prefers Bradd Pitt over Tom Cruise

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Does mini Fed have a fat fetish like his hero.

bokehlicious
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM

mmmhhh I bet it's a tough call for Richie... :o

CmonAussie
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM

I`ll take Katie Holmes over Angelina Jolie:devil:

Yappa
05-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Just saying that Walter Knapper, the Hamburg director, will probably not be extremely happy if someone translates that "off talk" to him. Unless it was out of context and I made an error.

Puschkin
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Just saying that Walter Knapper, the Hamburg director, will probably not be extremely happy if someone translates that "off talk" to him. Unless it was out of context and I made an error.

I don't get the french part clearly, apart from: "Ici, c'est bizarre", here it is bizarre, strange...and the facial expression is not too enthusiastic. ;)

Maybe our native frenchies could help.

Stensland
05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
someone french out here? could someone please translate what he said?

bokehlicious
05-14-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't get the french part clearly, apart from: "Ici, c'est bizarre", here it is bizarre, strange...and the facial expression is not too enthusiastic. ;)

Maybe our native frenchies could help.

Yes he said that Rome is better (better attendence), and he finds Hamburg bizarre...

case
05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
strange too that he seems to be sniffling.
hope its nothing-versus a cold or ??????:rolleyes:

is hamburg strange;)

Stensland
05-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Yes he said that Rome is better (better attendence), and he finds Hamburg bizarre...

well, dear richard, then let me tell you:

when you go on court at 11 a.m. you don't expect to see a full stadium, are you? if you are, then you need to stop playing tennis outside of france.

hamburg bizarre? the city?! yeah, you come over here and i'll :mad:

bokehlicious
05-14-2007, 06:23 PM

Calm down dude, he refered to the tournament, not the city ;)

Neely
05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
If it's just about what I prefer... yeah, I also would prefer Rome over Hamburg then :p :lol:

Stensland
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
If it's just about what I prefer... yeah, I also would prefer Rome over Hamburg then :p :lol:

so you've never been to hamburg?

case
05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
well, dear richard, then let me tell you:

when you go on court at 11 a.m. you don't expect to see a full stadium, are you? if you are, then you need to stop playing tennis outside of france.

:D but could you tell us:p
actually from what saw the center court might not have been full but there was people in there. and its not like its the weekend or a final or a evening match.

Stensland
05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
and its not like its the weekend or a final or a evening match.

exactly. maybe the high and mighty richard might have to start going deeper into tournaments if he wants to see people.

if i was in the tournament staff responsible for the oop, i'd put him on court 379 next round, so he can really "interact" with the crowd. 10 people, that is (if that!).

Yappa
05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
so you've never been to hamburg?

I live in Hamburg, and I agree too. :lol: I always get the impression that the ppl going to german tourneys are a lot older than in other countries.
Well, and and when the weather isn't that great, of course the mood won't be the best anyways.

scoobs
05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
You can hardly compare the two - the center court at Hamburg is huge, like 13,000 capacity - you're not going to fill that on the Monday. I don't know what the capacity of the Foro Italico center court is but I doubt it's in that sort of region.

Bibberz
05-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I`ll take Katie Holmes over Angelina Jolie:devil:

But would you take Katie over Lleyton?....I'd give Katie the edge, personally.

Black Adam
05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
What's surprising about Gasgay prefering Rome?? Rome has to be the gayest and phoniest city I have ever visited. Rome is the perfect place to come out of the closet.