05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
list all the things he could have done :sad: :sad:

croat123
05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
the first four games were amazing
the last five... :tape:

The_Nadal_effect
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
To begin with, he'd stop crashing that racket of his, as though it were responsible for his bad run.

Alternatively, he'd buy a brand that doesn't break.

TheBoiledEgg
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
exactly
its like someone pulled the plug out :help:

bokehlicious
05-14-2007, 05:18 PM

Could have been good at maths :cool: :shrug:

safinou
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
unbelieavable!!! He was playing wonderfully... WTF happened to him????

ReturnWinner
05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
i just watched until 4 0 he was giving Massu a free tennis lesson then now i check the scores and he is 5 5 :tape:

ReturnWinner
05-14-2007, 05:22 PM
but i am sure Massu has some credit for this remount ;)

Jimnik
05-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Life would be boring. I've said this many time, I don't think he'll ever be a threat on clay again. He just doesn't have the speed or accuracy that he use to have. He was never a patient player but, if anything, I think his patience has become even worse than before.

TheBoiledEgg
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
but i am sure Massu has some credit for this remount ;)

taking 45 secs between each pt and getting away with it :o :o

Pfloyd
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
:eek:

Im sorry, but Marat goes beyond pathetic at times.

THAT SET POINT!!! Jesus Christ!!!

guillermo
05-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Haha this guys is the dumbest guy ever. Did you see that smash he missed at setpoint? I would have made that blind.

bluefork
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't think the problem is that Marat doesn't have a brain. On the contrary, I think his problem is that his brain works too much. He gets up in the score, he's playing really well, and then he starts to think too much and he chokes.

silverwhite
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
... then Sveta would be the only Russian top player without one :silly:

Jimnik
05-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Marat was lucky to get away with that first set. That overhead on his first SP was :tape:

Massu: 6 winners, 25 UEs
Says it all. He fought back to level it but then got a bit too nervous at the business end of the set.

Tennis Fool
05-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Are you kidding? With Marat's condition, it's a miracle he even has 2 Slams :timebomb:

CyBorg
05-14-2007, 05:59 PM
The man just loves to party! Do you expect him to abstain from all booze and sex during tournaments like Borg? That wouldn't be like him at all.

Fumus
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Safin can win this tourney...

...he just needs to make it through a couple of these early rounds.

dkw
05-14-2007, 06:06 PM
This thread is cruel... I have enough to deal with when it comes to Safin's pattern of early loses. I don't need to come to GM and get embroiled in his idiot behavior within matches.

Just post the end results. Please!!!

alelysafina
05-14-2007, 06:09 PM
To begin with, he'd stop crashing that racket of his, as though it were responsible for his bad run.

Alternatively, he'd buy a brand that doesn't break.

:lol: :lol:

riff
05-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Marat has to go back to his good serve, it so apparent how important it is, 3 good 1st serves and its quite another story
sadly hes lost it lately

The_Nadal_effect
05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
:haha:
It would take nine Marat Safins to pull those nine commandments off!

Besides, you cant CRASH any of those tasks!

The Freak
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
If he had a brain, he would have kept that girlfriend he had at the Aussie Open 05.

Burrow
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
yes the first four games were superb

cobalt60
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
- Cure cancer.

- Beat Federer with one hand tied behind his back and one leg in a cast.

- Help his woodsman friend find a heart and his lion friend find some courage.

- Single-handedly depose Etienne de Villiers and install a puppet leader in his place.

- Break so much new ground in the field of human sexuality that it is officially renamed "Safinology" and arousal potential is measured in standardized units called "marats." (Marat himself has a AP factor of 2,093.88 kilomarats.)

- Win the Golden Slam without dropping a set.

- Terraform Mars.

- Rule the Kingdom of Oz with a firm but just hand.

- Coach Federer to five French Open titles.

:haha: :haha: Damn I wish I could good rep you again :hug:

Sofyaxo
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
It's just Marat.

This is how he is.

The guy has been a total nut case since he first started playing. You're just noticing now?

nolop
05-14-2007, 10:13 PM

nice to see you here eggy :bowdown:

i dont know the scence of safin are his brutal grounstrokes is like if you wanted to martina to increase her muscles, it just doesnt work like that:shrug:

Burrow
05-14-2007, 10:32 PM
It's just Marat.

This is how he is.

The guy has been a total nut case since he first started playing. You're just noticing now?

He was more mild in his earlier years, but reached a peak in 2002 :tape:

smitty8
05-14-2007, 11:54 PM
- Break so much new ground in the field of human sexuality that it is officially renamed "Safinology" and arousal potential is measured in standardized units called "marats." (Marat himself has a AP factor of 2,093.88 kilomarats.)

:haha: :worship:
I almost choked on my dinner when I read that!

goldenlox
05-14-2007, 11:55 PM
If Marat was smart, he would have retired years ago, instead of risking a lifetime of knee problems.

trixtah
05-15-2007, 02:23 AM
You guys all forget about the multiple injuries and comebacks to the top. The most recent injury--the knee surgery--was the final straw that broke the camel's back. Had he not been injured so often, who knows how much he would have done.

Haha this guys is the dumbest guy ever. Did you see that smash he missed at setpoint? I would have made that blind.

doubt it :)

If he had a brain, he would have kept that girlfriend he had at the Aussie Open 05.

that girl was a cheating bitch! ugly too.

The Freak
05-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Ugly, what? You must not know who I am referring to, trixtah.

trixtah
05-15-2007, 02:40 AM
You're talking about Dasha. Now go crawl back in your hole. I've seen her in real life.

MisterQ
05-15-2007, 03:56 AM
The man just loves to party! Do you expect him to abstain from all booze and sex during tournaments like Borg? That wouldn't be like him at all.

No wonder he retired early!

Metis
05-15-2007, 04:07 AM
No wonder he retired early!

:haha:

Mimi
05-15-2007, 05:02 AM
he does has a brain and he did win, so don't complain :p

atheneglaukopis
05-15-2007, 05:47 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/jon_wertheim/news/2003/06/02/wertheim_insider/

- Cure cancer.

- Beat Federer with one hand tied behind his back and one leg in a cast.

- Help his woodsman friend find a heart and his lion friend find some courage.

- Single-handedly depose Etienne de Villiers and install a puppet leader in his place.

- Win the Golden Slam without dropping a set.

- Terraform Mars.

- Rule the Kingdom of Oz with a firm but just hand.

- Coach Federer to five French Open titles.:rolls: :worship:

No wonder he retired early!:haha:

Consider those good reps, you two. :mad:

Forehander
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
if he plays the way he did against sampras in 2000 and 2005's AUS Open he wil definitely be easily fighting for number one spot with Federer.

almouchie
05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
he should have won at a couple more grands slams
he has all the tools, his mental side seems to let him down at crucial times
i think he thinks too much, & analyzes to much
he needs to relax more & play naturally instead of feeling everyinth & getting influence & angered in his matches
but then again its his personality

VolandriFan
05-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Marat :D

I hope he can regain his top form and challenge for slams and a good ranking again.

alexa18
05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Marat :D

I hope he can regain his top form and challenge for slams and a good ranking again.

I hope for the best, but don't know if that can happen now

Louche
05-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Marat has a brain - he's very clever. It's just not wired quite right.

MisterQ
05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Marat has a brain - he's very clever. It's just not wired quite right.

He's like an octopus... brilliant, apparently, but has trouble controlling his arms.

kandygram
05-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Safin supports ATP president and his reforms

The Associated PressPublished: May 15, 2007

HAMBURG, Germany: Marat Safin defended ATP president Etienne de Villiers' proposed reforms Tuesday.

De Villiers has been criticized by many players — including top-ranked Roger Federer and No. 2 Rafael Nadal — for trying to eliminate the Monte Carlo and Hamburg Masters events.

Negotiations are continuing over the future of the two tournaments due to the player protests, but Safin said that men's tennis was in a worse position under De Villiers' predecessor, Mark Miles.

"It can't be worse than it used to be. When Mark Miles left we had no chances," the former top-ranked player said. "It (the ATP) was going bankrupt, no money. At least now we have a lot of sponsors. It is getting better. We have television.

"I'm sure that the CEO who is taking care of it knows what he is doing. Once we have him, let's give him a chance for four or five years to see how it goes."

Besides the proposed reforms, the ATP abandoned a round-robin format at some tour events after De Villiers made an embarrassing mistake at a Las Vegas tournament.

De Villiers ruled that James Blake, rather than Evgeny Korolev, should advance to the quarterfinals. That was later reversed after the president admitted he had not been fully aware of the rules.

"We have to believe in our people and make sure to support them, even though they're making mistakes," Safin said. "People or tennis players should understand this: not to criticize if somebody makes a small mistake. They should not be shouting. We just have to let it be."

Ivan Ljubicic, the head of the tennis players' union, is one person who is concerned at the rapid speed of the reforms.

"For 15 years we were screaming for changes, and now that we have them we feel a little bit uncomfortable with it," Ljubicic said. "We just feel like we have to slow down a little bit."

Ljubicic said the real problem is not that there are too many tournaments on the tour, but that players are expected to compete at too many of them.

"We can have 100 tournaments in the calendar," he said. "That's not a problem. And the calendar can be as long as they want. It's just that the number of tournaments we have to play is the problem.

"That's what I was trying to explain to Etienne and the other board members."

The ATP was to select the location of the 2009 Masters events in March, but no decision was made then or at a board meeting in Las Vegas in April. Ljubicic wants the Hamburg tournament to stay.

"We feel that Hamburg has a great history, over 100 years, and maybe it would be too harsh to just go against it and not give them a chance to compete with other tournaments," Ljubicic said.

Tennis Fool
05-15-2007, 06:47 PM
You guys all forget about the multiple injuries and comebacks to the top. The most recent injury--the knee surgery--was the final straw that broke the camel's back. Had he not been injured so often, who knows how much he would have done.

I think Eggs knows this. I definitely do. But what about all the times when he is fit and still goes OAF. The most famous, the 1st rd. exit to Enqvist at the 2004 US Open :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He's also always blown off this part of the season. I always wonder why :shrug:

Tennis Fool
05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Safin supports ATP president and his reforms

Yes, his verbatim words are in the interview I posted yesterday in GM. Very interesting thoughts :)

Krikry
05-15-2007, 08:12 PM
what a f****** thread!! Because you're not a regular player you haven't got a brain!:rolleyes: If only people spend less time on gossip and were more interested in the player, maybe they would understand better who Marat is:rolleyes: