(Tommy has withdrawn) Roland Garros - May 28th to June 10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

(Tommy has withdrawn) Roland Garros - May 28th to June 10

Sean.J.S.
05-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Roland Garros

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/Seanlol123/IO_2291_staticarticle-1.gif

Place: Paris, France
Date: 27 May to June 10
Draw Size: 128
Surface: Red Clay, Outdoor
Tournament Director: Stephane Simian
Official Website: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html)

I know it's a bit early, but I still felt like creating this thread. :p The best Tommy has done at RG is R4 in 2002 where he lost in straight sets to Pavel.

Surely Tommy is not playing in any more events until Roland Garros because of his shoulder problem. :confused:

Do you think Tommy will even play in Paris?

Hasifan
05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I hope he'll play in Paris. I bought my tickets for the first round.

TommyB.
05-14-2007, 04:15 PM
He'll play in Düsseldorf, Word Team Cup, the next week. But it's still uncertain...

05-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I know Tommy isn't gaining any points right now, but I can't see him picking up that many points at RG anyway. I don't think he should rush back playing IMO.

Agassi Fan
05-18-2007, 08:14 PM
i hope he will play in Paris!

TommyB.
05-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Tommy officially out according to the german press. :sad:

Leen.
05-22-2007, 07:28 PM
yeah i have just read it on eurosport. omg i didn´t thought that it is that heavy...omg!

Sean.J.S.
05-23-2007, 12:45 AM
:sobbing:

05-24-2007, 05:23 AM
:sobbing:
I'm now more scared than ever about Tommy's shoulder
:scared: Does anyone have any new information about Tommy's shoulder?

<Eve>
05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm now more scared than ever about Tommy's shoulder
:scared: Does anyone have any new information about Tommy's shoulder?
:scared: OMG... I missed all the news about Tommy and his injury!! I don't know anything else than what everybody tell in here! I hope the injury isn't too bad!! Please get better soon tommy!!!!!

Jogy
05-27-2007, 07:54 PM
It sucks that his shoulder makes injury trouble again

and this roland Garros will not be the same as with Tommy! :sad:

05-28-2007, 04:38 AM
:scared: OMG... I missed all the news about Tommy and his injury!! I don't know anything else than what everybody tell in here! I hope the injury isn't too bad!! Please get better soon tommy!!!!!
Hi Tommy Girl :wavey: I can't find out anything about Tommy's shoulder other than it is injuried and he had to pull out of the French Open :bigcry: I can't get his website to come up- not the English version nor the German version (not that I could read that anyway!). I'm really, really, scared :scared:

<Eve>
05-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi Tommy Girl :wavey: I can't find out anything about Tommy's shoulder other than it is injuried and he had to pull out of the French Open :bigcry: I can't get his website to come up- not the English version nor the German version (not that I could read that anyway!). I'm really, really, scared :scared:
:wavey: :hug: hi!!! :D

I can open his website, on the english version there's nothing, this is the german version (maybe alexia/tommy b can translate it?)

He says something like: BEcause of my shoulder problems, i have to cancel the 2nd grand slam of the year. i want to be fit at the beginning of the short 'rasensaison'. i plan to play the gerry weber open.
In Rome i had to quit the game against Stepanek because of a lot of pain. Then i flew to my house in Bradenton, to get me treated. Despite that i still had to cancel Hamburg and Dusseldorf.

The pain is getting worse, so i have to be careful (i cant take any risks) because i already had the operations in 2002 and 2003.

Absage bei French Open 2007

Meine offizielle Homepage

Wegen meiner Schulterprobleme, die mich seit Beginn der Sandplatzsaison plagen, habe ich auch meine Teilnahme am 2. Grand Slam Turnier des Jahres absagen müssen. Ich bin jedoch zuversichtlich, dass ich mit Beginn der kurzen Rasensaison wieder fit sein werde. Wie in den letzten Jahren plane ich, bei den Gerry Weber Open in Halle an den Start zu gehen.

Bereits in Rom musste ich wegen zu großer Schmerzen bei meiner Erstrunden-Partie gegen Radek Stepanek aufgeben. Anschließend bin ich gleich nach Hause nach Bradenton geflogen, um mich entsprechend behandeln zu lassen. Deshalb musste ich leider auch die beiden deutschen Turniere in Hamburg und Düsseldorf (World Team Cup) absagen.

Obwohl zunächst nach Ruhe und guter Behandlung eine Besserung eintrat, zwangen mich jetzt wieder stärker werdende Schmerzen zur Absage bei den French Open. Nach meinen zwei Schulteroperationen in 2002 und 2003 möchte ich einfach kein Risiko eingehen.

TommyB.
05-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Tommy Girl - Your translation is fine. :)´

I guess next week we'll know more about Tommy.

05-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Thanks Tommy Girl for your translation :) You did a good job and you aren't even German ;) But I'm still scared :scared: Tommy said "the pain is getting worse" :scared: Why is the pain getting worse :unsure: :scared:

Sean.J.S.
05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the translation. :)

Bad news for Tommy. :sobbing:

05-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Maybe something did get lost in the translation :unsure: Because how can Tommy play in the grass season, if the pain in his shoulder is getting worse :confused: And what exactly is wrong with his shoulder anyway?

<Eve>
05-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Maybe something did get lost in the translation :unsure: Because how can Tommy play in the grass season, if the pain in his shoulder is getting worse :confused: And what exactly is wrong with his shoulder anyway?
Are you doubting my words!? :eek: :eek:
;)

Ok so I'll translate the whole story.... (tommy/alexia, pls tell it if i make mistakes)

Wegen meiner Schulterprobleme, die mich seit Beginn der Sandplatzsaison plagen, habe ich auch meine Teilnahme am 2. Grand Slam Turnier des Jahres absagen müssen. Because of my shoulder problems, which I have since the beginning of the 'gravel'/sand? season, I had to cancel the 2nd grand slam of the year.

Ich bin jedoch zuversichtlich, dass ich mit Beginn der kurzen Rasensaison wieder fit sein werde. However, I'm confident I'll be fit again at the beginning of the short grass season.

Wie in den letzten Jahren plane ich, bei den Gerry Weber Open in Halle an den Start zu gehen. I plan to be at the Gerry Weber Open, just as the last few years.

Bereits in Rom musste ich wegen zu großer Schmerzen bei meiner Erstrunden-Partie gegen Radek Stepanek aufgeben. In Rome I had to give up the match against Stepanek, because of a lot of pain.

Anschließend bin ich gleich nach Hause nach Bradenton geflogen, um mich entsprechend behandeln zu lassen. After that I flew to my home in Bradenton, to get a good treatment.

Deshalb musste ich leider auch die beiden deutschen Turniere in Hamburg und Düsseldorf (World Team Cup) absagen. That's why (unfortunately) I had to give up both the German tournaments in Hamburg and Dusseldorf.

Obwohl zunächst nach Ruhe und guter Behandlung eine Besserung eintrat, zwangen mich jetzt wieder stärker werdende Schmerzen zur Absage bei den French Open. After quiet and good treatment an improvement entered, but now again more strongly becoming pains are there so I had to cancel the French Open.

Nach meinen zwei Schulteroperationen in 2002 und 2003 möchte ich einfach kein Risiko eingehen. After my 2 shoulder operations in 2002 and 2003 I just can't take any risks.

TommyB.
05-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I can't see a big mistake in your translation.

I guess Tommy will play Halle or Wimbledon, but it's just my own opinion. We have to wait for new infos. :shrug:

05-31-2007, 01:09 AM
I can't see a big mistake in your translation.

I guess Tommy will play Halle or Wimbledon, but it's just my own opinion. We have to wait for new infos. :shrug:
How is he going to play, if his shoulder is hurting him more :shrug: Mr. Haas you are driving :drive: me crazy :crazy:

TommyB.
05-31-2007, 09:41 AM
How is he going to play, if his shoulder is hurting him more :shrug: Mr. Haas you are driving :drive: me crazy :crazy:

Let's wait and see. ;) The pain is maybe gone, nobody knows it.

05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Are you doubting my words!? :eek: :eek:
;)

Ok so I'll translate the whole story.... (tommy/alexia, pls tell it if i make mistakes)

Wegen meiner Schulterprobleme, die mich seit Beginn der Sandplatzsaison plagen, habe ich auch meine Teilnahme am 2. Grand Slam Turnier des Jahres absagen müssen. Because of my shoulder problems, which I have since the beginning of the 'gravel'/sand? season, I had to cancel the 2nd grand slam of the year.

Ich bin jedoch zuversichtlich, dass ich mit Beginn der kurzen Rasensaison wieder fit sein werde. However, I'm confident I'll be fit again at the beginning of the short grass season.

Wie in den letzten Jahren plane ich, bei den Gerry Weber Open in Halle an den Start zu gehen. I plan to be at the Gerry Weber Open, just as the last few years.

Bereits in Rom musste ich wegen zu großer Schmerzen bei meiner Erstrunden-Partie gegen Radek Stepanek aufgeben. In Rome I had to give up the match against Stepanek, because of a lot of pain.

Anschließend bin ich gleich nach Hause nach Bradenton geflogen, um mich entsprechend behandeln zu lassen. After that I flew to my home in Bradenton, to get a good treatment.

Deshalb musste ich leider auch die beiden deutschen Turniere in Hamburg und Düsseldorf (World Team Cup) absagen. That's why (unfortunately) I had to give up both the German tournaments in Hamburg and Dusseldorf.

Obwohl zunächst nach Ruhe und guter Behandlung eine Besserung eintrat, zwangen mich jetzt wieder stärker werdende Schmerzen zur Absage bei den French Open. After quiet and good treatment an improvement entered, but now again more strongly becoming pains are there so I had to cancel the French Open.

Nach meinen zwei Schulteroperationen in 2002 und 2003 möchte ich einfach kein Risiko eingehen. After my 2 shoulder operations in 2002 and 2003 I just can't take any risks.
Sorry Tommy Girl I didn't mean to make it sound like I doubted you :sad: But Tommy's words don't make any sense to me :rolleyes: His shoulder is hurting, but yet he expects to play the grass season :shrug: Tommy Baby the grass court won't make your shoulder feel any better
:rolleyes: :lol: I started to type "the grass" won't make your shoulder feel any better, but then I thought someone might get the wrong idea :p I guess I should know by now males don't make any sense to females :rolleyes: No offense to the males who post here :)

wenty
06-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Hope Tommy makes a successful comeback on grass, and please get better soon *praying* . Auf geht's Tommy!!!

06-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Hope Tommy makes a successful comeback on grass, and please get better soon *praying* . Auf geht's Tommy!!!
Thanks wenty :) When it comes to Tommy's right shoulder praying is a very good thing to do :angel:

Hasifan
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
This year without Tommy, Roland-Garros isn't the same. With two days no stop raining it will be awful.
I hope Tommy get well soon .

06-02-2007, 08:34 PM
This year without Tommy, Roland-Garros isn't the same. With two days no stop raining it will be awful.
I hope Tommy get well soon .
We all hope Tommy will get well soon ;) It's just that I would like to know exactly what is wrong with his shoulder? And I can't find out anything :crying2: