Ljubicic [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubicic

IFoughtThe
05-13-2007, 11:56 PM
What an interesting bloke. Just heard his interview on Artois Podcast episode six on iTunes.

Reckons he can finally figure out grass court tennis.

Have my doubts personally.

RickDaStick
05-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Hmm maybe. It looked like he was getting better last year by beating 2 good grass court players the 1st 2 rounds at Wimbledon then he served for the match vs Tursunov but ended up losing that match.

IFoughtThe
05-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Hmm maybe. It looked like he was getting better last year by beating 2 good grass court players the 1st 2 rounds at Wimbledon then he served for the match vs Tursunov but ended up losing that match.

He seems to reckon he's cracked it. And that talking to Richard Krajicek helped.

Difference is, Krajicek knew that he needed to go forward all the time. I don't think Ljubicic believes that.

RickDaStick
05-14-2007, 12:05 AM
He seems to reckon he's cracked it. And that talking to Richard Krajicek helped.

Difference is, Krajicek knew that he needed to go forward all the time. I don't think Ljubicic believes that.

Well Ljubo likes to exaggerate sometimes. He isnt as bad on grass as he used to be but he isnt going to be challenging Federer either. 4th round or QF seems reasonable this year.

IFoughtThe
05-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Well Ljubo likes to exaggerate sometimes. He isnt as bad on grass as he used to be but he isnt going to be challenging Federer either. 4th round or QF seems reasonable this year.

Do you reckon he will ever do better than semis at a Grand Slam?

And will he play Davis Cup again?

RickDaStick
05-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Do you reckon he will ever do better than semis at a Grand Slam?

And will he play Davis Cup again?

He will play Davis Cup vs Great Britain later this year but that will be his last tie. Also his best chance to make the final of a grand slam would be at the US Open. Yeah he lost 1st round last year but thats his best chance. IF he is in form and gets a decent draw then its possible.

Johnny Groove
05-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Not if he draws Monfils :tape:

IFoughtThe
05-14-2007, 11:00 AM
He will play Davis Cup vs Great Britain later this year but that will be his last tie. Also his best chance to make the final of a grand slam would be at the US Open. Yeah he lost 1st round last year but thats his best chance. IF he is in form and gets a decent draw then its possible.

I find it surprising that he has never pushed on now that he has reached the level he has.

He seems a little one-paced sometimes.

Deathless Mortal
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Sadly, but he can be happy if he wins his first round match. :awww:

W!MBLEDON
05-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Who did he lose to last year? Was it Verdasco?

Kolya
05-14-2007, 11:32 AM
He can go pretty far if he is lucky.

Medina
05-14-2007, 11:56 AM
To still be in the tournament on the first Tuesday thats my definant answer, his past his peak (wait did he ever play good, or was he good?)

Geniey2g
05-14-2007, 12:35 PM
"Figured out grass"? Riiight.
I was generous, and voted for the "To still be in the tournament in the 2nd week" option.