VARIETY~[Slams, TMC/S, Olympic].*FED [11], RAFA [10], Nole [6]...Agassi [13] [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

VARIETY~[Slams, TMC/S, Olympic].*FED [11], RAFA [10], Nole [6]...Agassi [13]

CmonAussie
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
FED`s performances in the 15 big events:

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Won!
MC-AMS~ Final
Rome-AMS~ Final
Hamburg/Madrid-AMS~ Won!
FO SLAM~ Won!
Wim SLAM~ Won!
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Olympics~ SFs [2000 Sydney]
Cincinatti-AMS~ Won!
USO SLAM~ Won!
Madrid/Shanghai-AMS~ Won!
Paris-AMS~ QFs
TMC Shanghai~ Won!

RAFA`s performance in the 15 big events:

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Final
MC-AMS~ Won!
Rome-AMS~ Won!
Hamburg/Madrid-AMS~ Won!
FO SLAM~ Won!
Wim SLAM~ Won!
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Olympics~ Won (2008 Beijing)
Cincinatti-AMS~ SFs
USO SLAM~ SFs
Paris-AMS~ Final
TMC Shanghai~ SFs

>>>>>

However it looks entirely likely that Nadal will win more TMS/AMS events than Federer, & probably more than Agassi~~ who currently holds the record with 17:cool:

How many AMS will RAFA win:confused:
How many AMS will FED win:confused:
Will RAFA & FED both pass Agassi`s record:confused: [/B]

gusman890
05-13-2007, 07:42 PM
i see them both going over 15+ at this pace.

CmonAussie
05-13-2007, 07:52 PM
i see them both going over 15+ at this pace.

Agassi has 17:cool:
Do you think RAFA & FED will break Agassi`s record:confused:
Who will end up with the most:confused:

gusman890
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
i know agassi has 17.

they are both deff. going over 15, wether they beat agassi or not is a different matter, but I say its very possiable.

stebs
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I see Federer ending with something similar to Agassi's record. Nadal is harder to predict so I'm not going to. He could easily break 20 if things go right for him but things change fast in sport. Who could predict that Federer would win 7 events in a row then lose his next four?

jenanun
05-13-2007, 08:01 PM
both...

but since federer is closer to the record, i would say federer breaks agassi's record first....

federer will end his career with 17 slams (no RG), 22 TMS

nadal will end his career with 10 slams (7 RG) , 24 TMS

guga2120
05-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I think Federer will most likely pass Andre within a few years, like Andre as you can see by Roger's record he has so many b/c he can win everywhere on any surface, thats how you get alot.

Nadal at 20, already with 9.:worship:

stebs
05-13-2007, 08:06 PM
both...

but since federer is closer to the record, i would say federer breaks agassi's record first....

I personally don't see Federer winning that many slams or that many AMS and I certainly don't see Rafa winning 24 AMS events. The Nadal slam count is very tough to predict.

CmonAussie
05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
both...

:wavey:
Thanks for your input:cool:
However I have to disagree,~those respective SLAM/TMS numbers for both FED & RAFA seem unrealistic & too high;)

I`d say:

FED:
16-SLAMS
18-AMS

RAFA:
6-SLAMS
19-AMS

Burrow
05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
surely both of them will.

guga2120
05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your input:cool:
However I have to disagree,~those respective SLAM/TMS numbers for both FED & RAFA seem unrealistic & too high;)

I`d say:

FED:
16-SLAMS
18-AMS

RAFA:
6-SLAMS
19-AMS

i think thats proably closer to what will happen, but i think Roger will have a few more of both,b/c he will be able to play well into his 30's, if he wants. I think Roger more like 18 and 24, and i do think one of these days he might get that French.

Pfloyd
05-13-2007, 08:13 PM
I personally don't see Federer winning that many slams or that many AMS and I certainly don't see Rafa winning 24 AMS events. The Nadal slam count is very tough to predict.

I'd say Federer wins 15 slams (I am doubtful about this) and I think Federer will win 6 more Master Series (conservative estimate, however I do not think he will win more than 8 or 9 more)

Nadal is quite tough, his irregularities on HC make him very tough to predict. However given his age and the fact that he has at least 2 or 3 "for sure" good years it would be safe to say that Nadal can win at least 7 more Master Series, if not more. Slams are another matter, I'd give him 3 more French Opens and I'd throw in an Austrlian open or two and I'd like to think that he'd manage to win wimbeldon one day.....

If forced to choose, takin everything into account, what would you say?

Snowwy
05-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Good Thread

Federer Slams: 16
Nadal Slams: 7

Federer AMS: 19
Nadal AMS: 20

CmonAussie
05-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Good Thread

Federer Slams: 16
Nadal Slams: 7

Federer AMS: 19
Nadal AMS: 20

Cheers:cool:
Your predictions are very close to mine:)

FED slams: 16
RAFA slams: 6

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 05:12 AM
##
Update~~ FED is getting closer to Agassi`s record haul [17]!!

Federer has 13-AMS titles:

2002 Hamburg Marat Safin 6-1, 6-3, 6-4
2004 Indian Wells Tim Henman 6-3, 6-3
2004 Hamburg (2) Guillermo Coria 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, 6-3
2004 Toronto Andy Roddick 7-5, 6-3
2005 Indian Wells (2) Lleyton Hewitt 6-2, 6-4, 6-4
2005 Miami Rafael Nadal 2-6, 6-7(4), 7-6(5), 6-3, 6-1
2005 Hamburg (3) Richard Gasquet 6-3, 7-5, 7-6(4)
2005 Cincinnati Andy Roddick 6-3, 7-5
2006 Indian Wells (3) James Blake 7-5, 6-3, 6-0
2006 Miami (2) Ivan Ljubičić 7-6(5), 7-6(4), 7-6(6)
2006 Toronto (2) Richard Gasquet 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
2006 Madrid Fernando González 7-5, 6-1, 6-0
2007 Hamburg (4) Rafael Nadal 2-6, 6-2, 6-0

FedFan_2007
05-21-2007, 05:16 AM
If anything Roger is getting more dominant in his MS final wins. 3 bagels issued in his last 5 wins. None in his first 8.

Marek.
05-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Here's my prediction:

Fed slams: 17
Nadal slams: 8

Fed AMS: 18
Nadal AMS: 19

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Here's my prediction:

Fed slams: 17
Nadal slams: 8

Fed AMS: 18
Nadal AMS: 19

Our predictions are pretty close:cool:
Though you see both Fed & Rafa winning a few more slams...

Here`s mine:

FED slams: 16
RAFA slams: 6

FED ams: 18
RAFA ams: 19

megadeth
05-21-2007, 07:15 AM
the more interesting question would be: who will be first to win all 9?

nadal 5 out of 9
fed 6 out of 9

andre with the most at 7 out of 9 (only missing out MC and Hamburg)

SixPack
05-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Federer - 11 Grand Slams
Nadal - 12 Grand Slams

Federer - 17 AMS
Nadal - 23 AMS

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 07:38 AM
the more interesting question would be: who will be first to win all 9?
nadal 5 out of 9
fed 6 out of 9

andre with the most at 7 out of 9 (only missing out MC and Hamburg)

Good point megadeth mate:cool:
Also we could expand on this-->>
..Of the 15-Big Titles [4x Slam, 9x AMS, 1 TMC, 1 Olympics]: can anyone come close to Agassi:confused: ????

*Agassi: 13 out of 15:worship: :worship:
*Sampras: 9 out of 15:p

#Federer: 10 out of 15
#Nadal: 6 out of 15
#Safin: 5 out of 15
#Hewitt: 4 out of 15
#Roddick: 4 out of 15

siddy
05-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Both, I think. Fed will get there first, though.

megadeth
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
winning the olympics would be hard given you can only have a decent shot at it twice in your lifetime, 3 at best...

i'd say roger would end at 13 out of 15 (missing Paris and the Olympics)

nadal would be at 9 out of 15 (missing canada, Wimby, Olympics, USO, and Paris, Hamburg)

buzz
05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
winning the olympics would be hard given you can only have a decent shot at it twice in your lifetime, 3 at best...

i'd say roger would end at 13 out of 15 (missing Paris and the Olympics)

nadal would be at 9 out of 15 (missing canada, Wimby, Olympics, USO, and Paris, Hamburg)

Roger plans to win the olymics in 2012(london/wimbledon), it will be his farewell like Pete's 2002 USO

leng jai
05-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Roger plans to win the olymics in 2012(london/wimbledon), it will be his farewell like Pete's 2002 USO

That plan sounds fool proof.

t0x
05-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Slams
Federer 15 (One RG maybe? Well the odds are against it but I have faith)
Nadal 4/5 (I can't see him winning outside of clay right now, and on clay he's peaked already)

TMS
Federer 20
Nadal 21 (I can see Nadal winning hard TMS when Feds not around + his usual clay tournies)

Nadal doesn't have too much of a shot at the TMC right now, since it's on HC. If they ever bring it to clay though (God forbid)...

& don't really know about the Olympics. I'd say both have a good shot.

buzz
05-21-2007, 08:55 AM

:) It looks like it,....

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 09:47 AM

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Won!
MC-AMS~ Final
Rome-AMS~ Final
Hamburg-AMS~ Won!
FO SLAM~ Final
Wim SLAM~ Won!
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Cincinatti-AMS~ Won!
USO SLAM~ Won!
Madrid-AMS~ Won!
Paris-AMS~ QFs
TMC Shanghai~ Won!

AO SLAM~ QFs
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Final
MC-AMS~ Won!
Rome-AMS~ Won!
Hamburg-AMS~ Final
FO SLAM~ Won!
Wim SLAM~ Final
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Olympics~ DNP
Cincinatti-AMS~ QFs
USO SLAM~ QFs
Madrid-AMS~ Won!
Paris-AMS~ DNP
TMC Shanghai~ SFs

RonE
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM

Murhpy's law #16:

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so damned ingenious.

stebs
05-21-2007, 11:21 AM
If forced to choose, takin everything into account, what would you say?

Well, for Federer I think it isn't hard to predict that he can win another Wimbledon for sure and probably two so I will add a couple of those to his tally. I also give him at least two more hard court slams, either one AO and one USO or two USO's (I can see Federer not winning AO again). That makes 14 and then I will add another to come from any one of the four slams to give 15 slams.

As for AMS events I will say that Roger will bow out tied with Andre on 17 AMS events. Only 4 more sounds like nothing but I think the days of four AMS in one year are gone and won't come back for Roger. He can win another 1 or maximum 2 this year and then maybe 1 more again for a couple of years.

Nadal's slam count is probably the toughest thing to predict of these four but if forced to answer I guess he will win at least another 3 RG's. I also can't see him passing his peak without picking up an AO although unlike you I don't see Wimbledon in his future. I guess I will say 7. Five RG's plus another two slams from other places (probably both AO's).

For me it is pretty tough to see Nadal NOT breaking the AMS record. He has got going at such a pace so early in his career. With nine already it's hard to see him not reaching Agassi's mark in around three years assuming injuries don't destroy him. I will hazard a guess that he will finish on 20.

Federer: 15 slams and 17 AMS
Nadal: 7 slams and 20 AMS

buzz
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Well, for Federer I think it isn't hard to predict that he can win another Wimbledon for sure and probably two so I will add a couple of those to his tally. I also give him at least two more hard court slams, either one AO and one USO or two USO's (I can see Federer not winning AO again). That makes 14 and then I will add another to come from any one of the four slams to give 15 slams.

As for AMS events I will say that Roger will bow out tied with Andre on 17 AMS events. Only 4 more sounds like nothing but I think the days of four AMS in one year are gone and won't come back for Roger. He can win another 1 or maximum 2 this year and then maybe 1 more again for a couple of years.

Nadal's slam count is probably the toughest thing to predict of these four but if forced to answer I guess he will win at least another 3 RG's. I also can't see him passing his peak without picking up an AO although unlike you I don't see Wimbledon in his future. I guess I will say 7. Five RG's plus another two slams from other places (probably both AO's).

For me it is pretty tough to see Nadal NOT breaking the AMS record. He has got going at such a pace so early in his career. With nine already it's hard to see him not reaching Agassi's mark in around three years assuming injuries don't destroy him. I will hazard a guess that he will finish on 20.

Federer: 15 slams and 17 AMS
Nadal: 7 slams and 20 AMS

You probably see this as a minimum. Except the hazard guess it's al a pretty sure bet if both stay healthy.

But anyway could you predict the combined amount of GS for me please Stebs or is that 10slams? Because the two guys who won the last 8 slams in two years. Will win only 10slams in the next five years. From 4 a year to 2 a year. Their just so dominant now, I can imagine one dominating the other one but if so the one who dominates will win more slams. Your prediction looks like you expect both to lose their domination 'pretty' quick but not to each other. Is it so you think their wil be another guy winning around 2 slams a year or a lot of 1and2 slam wonders?

In summary: I expect one of your predictions will be wrong. Do you expect that yourself to? (Just find this very interesting)

stebs
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
You probably see this as a minimum. Except the hazard guess it's al a pretty sure bet if both stay healthy.

But anyway could you predict the combined amount of GS for me please Stebs or is that 10slams? Because the two guys who won the last 8 slams in two years. Will win only 10slams in the next five years. From 4 a year to 2 a year. Their just so dominant now, I can imagine one dominating the other one but if so the one who dominates will win more slams. Your prediction looks like you expect both to lose their domination 'pretty' quick but not to each other. Is it so you think their wil be another guy winning around 2 slams a year or a lot of 1and2 slam wonders?

In summary: I expect one of your predictions will be wrong. Do you expect that yourself to? (Just find this very interesting)

Of course I expect my prediction to be wrong. I am just guessing based on what has happened in the past in tennis and what is going on right now.

Dominance doesn't last forever. No I don't think Federer and Nadal will be winning all four slams a year from now until the end of time. Who will win slams? Young guns are the most likely option and we will see some surprise winners I think.

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Of course I expect my prediction to be wrong. I am just guessing based on what has happened in the past in tennis and what is going on right now.

Dominance doesn't last forever. No I don't think Federer and Nadal will be winning all four slams a year from now until the end of time. Who will win slams? Young guns are the most likely option and we will see some surprise winners I think.

:cool:
Djokovic stands out amongst the the other challengers!!
Still a teenager NOLE`s already managed 5-titles on 3-surfaces [incl an AMS]~>> so I envisage him becoming a multiple Slam winner;)

Expect Djokovic to make his more later this year [maybe USO] or at one of the Slams next year:cool:

BTW,~ i agree with you about the history of tennis, it`s going to be hard for both FED & RAFA to keep up this phenomenal dominance:eek:

buzz
05-21-2007, 01:12 PM

Ok thanks! It's just because for me the weird thing is: I would guess Nadal en Federer both to win 5 more, but my guess is together they will make around 15 more. so probably I'm just the only one who is confused:confused:

Kolya
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Agassi's record will get smashed...

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok thanks! It's just because for me the weird thing is: I would guess Nadal en Federer both to win 5 more, but my guess is together they will make around 15 more. so probably I'm just the only one who is confused:confused:

When Borg won his 11th Slam at FO in 1981 aged 25yrs did anyone think it would be his last:confused:
When McEnroe won his 7th Slam at USO in 1984 did we expect it to end:confused:
When Boris Becker won his 3rd Wimbledon in 1989 as a 21yo did you anticipate no more:confused:
When Mats Wilander won 3/4 Slams in 1988 at age 24yrs did you realise his career was over:confused:
History has a way of repeating itself;)
I don`t think FED & RAFA will combine to win another 15 Slams:sad:
*Between them they`ve currently got 12 Slams, then I expect another 8-9 from them as a dominant combo;)
*If FED & RAFA win 20-Slams between them then fans should be satisfied:cool:

buzz
05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
BTW,~ i agree with you about the history of tennis, it`s going to be hard for both FED & RAFA to keep up this phenomenal dominance:eek:

I agree a lot players who at one time have been dominant stopt dominating around 25. That was mentioned in a thread (maybe even by you)

But I think its very short sighted to think Fed is losing his dominance because three bad performances during non slams. It could be anything, a few months ago nobody could take a set at the AO and we havn't seen a slam since.

When I think about it a lot of the best players of the 90's had their top at 25+. Not Sampras but he was playing with an old racket witch he regretted afterwards. Rafter reached the top10 first two months before his 25th birtsday. Agassi won more since 1999. Even Goran could win his only slam at30+ although he wasn't at his peak then. And then if we go back we also have lendl.(on the other hand yes wilander, becker peaked early edberg also little early)

So nothing is for sure but I wouldn't look back at the borg era to predict when rafa and federer lose their dominance.

It wouldn't surprise me at al when Federer and Nadal continu their combined dominance for another 4 years.

buzz
05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
When Borg won his 11th Slam at FO in 1981 aged 25yrs did anyone think it would be his last:confused:
When McEnroe won his 7th Slam at USO in 1984 did we expect it to end:confused:
When Boris Becker won his 3rd Wimbledon in 1989 as a 21yo did you anticipate no more:confused:
When Mats Wilander won 3/4 Slams in 1988 at age 24yrs did you realise his career was over:confused:
History has a way of repeating itself;)
I don`t think FED & RAFA will combine to win another 15 Slams:sad:
*Between them they`ve currently got 12 Slams, then I expect another 8-9 from them as a dominant combo;)
*If FED & RAFA win 20-Slams between them then fans should be satisfied:cool:

All the players you mentioned started dominating very young, not federer he won his first slam when nearly 22. And Nadal ok he might stop around 24 years old but still is 20

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 02:09 PM
All the players you mentioned started dominating very young, not federer he won his first slam when nearly 22. And Nadal ok he might stop around 24 years old but still is 20

;)
Okie dokies lets break it down by numbers:

Fed currently:
AO~ 3
FO~ 0
Wim~ 4
USO~ 3

Fed prediction:
AO~ 4
FO~ 1
Wim~ 6
USO~ 5

=16-Slams

Rafa currently:
AO~ 0
FO~ 2
Wim~ 0
USO~ 0

Rafa prediction:
AO~ 2
FO~ 4
Wim~ 0
USO~ 0

=6-Slams

So I guess that means 10 more Slams between them [& i might be overestimating].

What do you think??

buzz
05-21-2007, 02:23 PM
As I said I think more.

Let me put it this way:

Fed and Nadal curently: 3 AO, 2 FO, 4WIM, 3USO=12

Prediction Fed and Nadal 6AO, 6 FO, 8wim, 7USO=27

I put them together because together you eliminate one risk factor. I mean if Rafa only wins one other RG in his career big chances Federer wil win one or two.

CmonAussie
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
As I said I think more.

Let me put it this way:

I put them together because together you eliminate one risk factor. I mean if Rafa only wins one other RG in his career big chances Federer wil win one or two.

OK~ thanks for your thoughts:)
But honestly I think both FED & RAFA are close to peaking [even though RAFA is only 20yrs]...
If they can win 27-SLAMS between them that would quite something:worship: & they would definitely help push along the popularity of tennis~~ though leave a huge void once they retire:sad:

buzz
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
OK~ thanks for your thoughts:)
But honestly I think both FED & RAFA are close to peaking [even though RAFA is only 20yrs]...
If they can win 27-SLAMS between them that would quite something:worship: & they would definitely help push along the popularity of tennis~~ though leave a huge void once they retire:sad:

We'l see, but no matter what they wil leave a huge void once they ritire:sad:

crude oil
09-10-2008, 06:11 AM
looks like both to me?

rafa is catching up fast!!

Synthesis
09-10-2008, 06:57 AM
I wish Fed to win Paris to get #11.

buzz
09-10-2008, 07:28 AM
As I said I think more.

Let me put it this way:

Haha, I surpris myself, the only slam I added three is the AO and that is the only slam the duopoly didn't won last time (due to djokovic) :)

27 can still be done by them I think...(9 to go) It will be hard especially 3 more AO and 2 more USO I think. Wim and FO looks to be easy for them (with nadal being on such a roll and fed clearly being the best of the rest there)

CmonAussie
09-10-2008, 07:30 AM
looks like both to me?

rafa is catching up fast!!

Thanks for bumping my thread:wavey:
<>Actually i had forgotten ever making this one:scratch:

megadeth
09-10-2008, 08:36 AM
when it comes to having the most complete resume, andre's the man! he only lacked the Monte Carlo and Hamburg TMS. and he's won everything else!

sure andre may not have the most slams won, but he's won all slams, the olympics, 7/9 TMS, the TMC, davis cup, and a handful of other events... amazing!

both rafa and roger would beat andre's TMS tally, but in terms of having a more "complete" resume, these are what the 2 still lack:

roger: FO, Monte Carlo, Rome, and Paris TMS, Olympic gold (singles) plus Davis Cup

i still think fed has 1 more decent shot at the french left in him, but i doubt he'll ever be a shoo-in by the time the 2012 olympics come by. also, his chances for a davis cup is bleak since he'll have to depend on his swiss teammates too

rafa: AO, USO, Miami, Paris, and Cincy TMS, and TMC

this looks more feasible to attain compared to fed's, but rafa really needs to do something about his schedule though to keep him fresh for the fall season (and all of these are on hardcourts too, which can be a pain on the knees). he has an AO and Cincy in him for sure, but the fall tourneys highly depend on rafa being fresh.

oz_boz
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Fed and Rafa are the Sampras and Agassi of this era for a few reasons, of course with some obvious differences (Nadal preferring clay, Nadal dominating h2h - albeit skewed by them only meeting on clay for a long time - and a couple of other).

IMO Fed will end at 13-15 slams, but no more than 16 TMS. He is at the stage where only Slams count, although I personally really wish he should go for completion. Rafa otoh could win anything between 6 and 10 slams, but if keeping injury free for another 3 years he will be a lock for breaking Agassi's TMS tally thanks to racking up 2 clay/year.

CmonAussie
09-11-2008, 08:29 AM
when it comes to having the most complete resume, andre's the man! he only lacked the Monte Carlo and Hamburg TMS. and he's won everything else!

sure andre may not have the most slams won, but he's won all slams, the olympics, 7/9 TMS, the TMC, davis cup, and a handful of other events... amazing!

both rafa and roger would beat andre's TMS tally, but in terms of having a more "complete" resume, these are what the 2 still lack:

roger: FO, Monte Carlo, Rome, and Paris TMS, Olympic gold (singles) plus Davis Cup

i still think fed has 1 more decent shot at the french left in him, but i doubt he'll ever be a shoo-in by the time the 2012 olympics come by. also, his chances for a davis cup is bleak since he'll have to depend on his swiss teammates too

rafa: AO, USO, Miami, Paris, and Cincy TMS, and TMC

this looks more feasible to attain compared to fed's, but rafa really needs to do something about his schedule though to keep him fresh for the fall season (and all of these are on hardcourts too, which can be a pain on the knees). he has an AO and Cincy in him for sure, but the fall tourneys highly depend on rafa being fresh.

...In my opinion FED`s been pretty unlucky with the events he hasn`t won: FO [3x finalist & SFs~ all lost to Nadal], Monte Carlo [3x finalist~ all lost to Nadal], Rome [2x finalist~ lost a 5 setter 5 hour final to Nadal], Olympics [Sydney SFs, Beijing QFs], Davis Cup [SFs in 2003 with then weak Swiss team].:bigcry:

Mimi
09-11-2008, 08:33 AM
roger has won enough, not unlucky at all, many of the players wouldn't have won just a master series, let alone 13 slams :p
...In my opinion FED`s been pretty unlucky with the events he hasn`t won: FO [3x finalist & SFs~ all lost to Nadal], Monte Carlo [3x finalist~ all lost to Nadal], Rome [2x finalist~ lost a 5 setter 5 hour final to Nadal], Olympics [Sydney SFs, Beijing QFs], Davis Cup [SFs in 2003 with then weak Swiss team].:bigcry:

CmonAussie
09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
roger has won enough, not unlucky at all, many of the players wouldn't have won just a master series, let alone 13 slams :p

*@@*
hi mimi, <>yes i agree that Roger has been fortunate in his career, in terms of winning so many slams (well they say `we make our own luck`);) ..but in terms of the tournaments he didn`t win~ especially @ Monte Carlo, Rome & the French he has been quite `unlucky` to be constantly the #2 on clay, yet win none of those big titles (as he keeps meeting his nemisis [your boy Rafa:cool:] in the finals):sad:
Really i think Federer should have won FO in 2004, when Gaudio pulled the surprise, that was Roger`s last chance before the Nadal jagganaut got going (2005):devil:

Mimi
09-11-2008, 09:44 AM
i see, FO04, i remember it was the clay king guga who beat him, i don't think 04 is his biggest chance since Ferrero (well, where was he in 04?)/Coria were still quite good at that year :wavey:

*@@*
hi mimi, <>yes i agree that Roger has been fortunate in his career, in terms of winning so many slams (well they say `we make our own luck`);) ..but in terms of the tournaments he didn`t win~ especially @ Monte Carlo, Rome & the French he has been quite `unlucky` to be constantly the #2 on clay, yet win none of those big titles (as he keeps meeting his nemisis [your boy Rafa:cool:] in the finals):sad:
Really i think Federer should have won FO in 2004, when Gaudio pulled the surprise, that was Roger`s last chance before the Nadal jagganaut got going (2005):devil:

leng jai
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Guga was playing at about 60% in 2004, and still beat Fedmug in straight sets.

CmonAussie
11-17-2008, 05:07 AM
DJOKOVIC`s performance in the 15 big events:

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Won!
MC-AMS~ SF
Rome-AMS~ Won!
Hamburg-AMS~ SF
FO SLAM~ SF
Wim SLAM~ SF
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Olympics~ Bronze (2008 Beijing)
Cincinatti-AMS~ Final
USO SLAM~ Final
Madrid-AMS~ QF
Paris-AMS~ QF
TMC Shanghai~ Won!

Halba
11-17-2008, 08:58 AM

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Won!
MC-AMS~ SF
Rome-AMS~ Won!
Hamburg-AMS~ SF
FO SLAM~ SF
Wim SLAM~ SF
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Cincinatti-AMS~ Final
USO SLAM~ Final
Madrid-AMS~ QF
Paris-AMS~ QF
TMC Shanghai~ Won!

the main advantage over murray is his fine ability on clay - FO semis 2 years running and 1 clay masters series title.

rafa_maniac
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Rafa should have two Miami titles already :mad:

CmonAussie
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Won!
MC-AMS~ Final
Rome-AMS~ Final
Hamburg/Madrid-AMS~ Won!
FO SLAM~ Won!
Wim SLAM~ Won!
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Cincinatti-AMS~ Won!
USO SLAM~ Won!
Paris-AMS~ QFs
TMC Shanghai~ Won!

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Final
MC-AMS~ Won!
Rome-AMS~ Won!
Hamburg/Madrid-AMS~ Won!
FO SLAM~ Won!
Wim SLAM~ Won!
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Olympics~ Won (2008 Beijing)
Cincinatti-AMS~ SFs
USO SLAM~ SFs
Paris-AMS~ Final
TMC Shanghai~ SFs

Pea
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM

AO SLAM~ Won!
IW-AMS~ Won!
Miami-AMS~ Won!
MC-AMS~ SF
Rome-AMS~ Won!
Hamburg-AMS~ SF
FO SLAM~ SF
Wim SLAM~ SF
Canada-AMS~ Won!
Cincinatti-AMS~ Final
USO SLAM~ Final
Madrid-AMS~ QF
Paris-AMS~ QF
TMC Shanghai~ Won!

This is actually very impressive. Props to Novak.

buzz
06-12-2012, 09:31 AM
bump

CmonAussie predicting Feds exact slams won in 2007! :worship: Hope Federer will add though! CmonAussie also predicted in this thread(2007) that Djokovic would be the next big multi slamwinner.

;)
Okie dokies lets break it down by numbers:

Fed currently:
AO~ 3
FO~ 0
Wim~ 4
USO~ 3

Fed prediction:
AO~ 4
FO~ 1
Wim~ 6
USO~ 5

=16-Slams

Rafa currently:
AO~ 0
FO~ 2
Wim~ 0
USO~ 0

Rafa prediction:
AO~ 2
FO~ 4
Wim~ 0
USO~ 0

=6-Slams

So I guess that means 10 more Slams between them [& i might be overestimating].

What do you think??

I remember getting a lot of comments about 27 being too high of a number for Nadal and Federer combined in 2007 but they will probably surpass it:eek:

As I said I think more.

Let me put it this way:

So Guys, what are your predictions from now on about Djokovic, Nadal and Federer?