Nadal clay streak continues till 100 killings: Boring or interesting? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal clay streak continues till 100 killings: Boring or interesting?

The_Nadal_effect
05-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Rafael Nadal is slowly inching towards a very special mark: A hundred consecutive victories on clay! Does that bore you or do you find it interesting? It'd be fun if you gave some reasons too.

RickDaStick
05-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Why not just make a poll noobie?

stebs
05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Until he reaches 93/4 (one tournament away) I think there is no point discussing it.

anon57
05-13-2007, 06:13 PM
As impresive as 100 wins will be for me personally it will be boring especially if he keeps dominating the way he has done this season

dkw
05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
These silly streaks are only interesting when there is a real likelihood of some one ending them. Otherwise its just Nadal or Fed beating up on everyone else.... yawn!!!

PoderShileno
05-13-2007, 06:15 PM
interesting :D

rafa :bounce:

LeChuck
05-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Interesting. The fact that he isn't letting the pressure of this epic streak affect him one bit is very impressive.
As long as he isn't playing Nalbandian or Ferrero, he can win as many matches on clay as he likes :)

Roger The Great
05-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Boring. It's good for entertainment to have everyone lose once in awhile. It's much more entertaining for most people now that Roger is losing occasionally and it would be the same for me with Rafa. At the very least he needs to really be pushed. The Davy match yesterday was highly entertaining and the first one of Rafa's clay matches I've really enjoyed (this year). I don't enjoy Rafa's game enough on it's own to just sit and watch him demolish everyone. I can just catch the results.

Nacho
05-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm thrilled coz he's making history

Lala186
05-13-2007, 06:28 PM
wll it´s true, Nadal wins all the time,
it is very boring to see the same person as the king on clay

Eden
05-13-2007, 06:37 PM
It depends who you ask. The people who support Rafa would surely love to see the streak continue and the people who are interested in tennis in general are looking for more competition.

The interesting question right now is indeed how long Rafa will be able to keep the streak alive. It's up to the other players on the tour to challenge him. Kolya was very close yesterday. Who else expected this before the match?

Mechlan
05-13-2007, 06:42 PM
The streak was great up to the point he broke Vilas' record. Now his fans will want to see it continue, but seeing it broken will make tennis more interesting.

Burrow
05-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I like mixture and variety so id like to see it over soon, but these records mean jack all.

Burrow
05-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Why not just make a poll noobie?

awww did that make you sad nerdy?

Sunset of Age
05-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I think it's always interesting to see a player going through such a long winning streak - what an achievement!

I never minded Rogi's dominance either.
We should all just BOW at players who manage to do so well. That's what makes them truly legendary players.

meninosantos
05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Iwould love to see him losing at number 99 :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
It would be more interesting if he were to approach 120 rather than just 100. Then we could talk about Evert's streak.

Both are a ways down the line, though. All it takes is one bad day, or one player completely on fire, and the streak is done.

ChinoRios4Ever
05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I love records :o

keep going Rafa :)

The_Nadal_effect
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
It depends who you ask. The people who support Rafa would surely love to see the streak continue and the people who are interested in tennis in general are looking for more competition.

The interesting question right now is indeed how long Rafa will be able to keep the streak alive. It's up to the other players on the tour to challenge him. Kolya was very close yesterday. Who else expected this before the match?

I felt something on similar lines which is what prompted me to post this thread. When his steak was in the 60s it would not have bothered me much even if it had ended, but now, he's inching towards the eighties, which makes the possiblity of reaching a hundred all the more obvious (given his prowess on clay).

...If he got to a hundred consecutive victories, oo-la-la! I think that's the best and most unique payback for his over-three-years, sweaty; yet subliminal effort on clay. Whereas if he lost, it might take years again to go that distance. Of course, on the outside, it doesn't really matter as his ongoing-streak is itself quite exhausting for anyone to follow up to, but it would be great fun if he did hit the century. He'd then, undoubtedly hit the summits of world sports history. Vamos!

The_Nadal_effect
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Iwould love to see him losing at number 99 :devil:

Little devil!:(

Tom_Bombadil
05-13-2007, 07:41 PM
I felt something on similar lines which is what prompted me to post this thread. When his steak was in the 60s it would not have bothered me much even if it had ended, but now, he's inching towards the eighties, which makes the possiblity of reaching a hundred all the more obvious (given his prowess on clay).

...If he got to a hundred consecutive victories, oo-la-la! I think that's the best and most unique payback for his over-three-years, sweaty; yet subliminal effort on clay. Whereas if he lost, it might take years again to go that distance. Of course, on the outside, it doesn't really matter as his ongoing-streak is itself quite exhausting for anyone to follow up to, but it would be great fun if he did hit the century. He'd then, undoubtedly hit the summits of world sports history. Vamos!

Well, that's too far away to call it a possibility right now. Each day is different and each match has its own nuances so, even Rafa says it: he can lose tomorrow.

You have to take into consideration that this impressive streak is even more formidable for being on clay, cause the matches on clay are larger, tougher and with more pain than in any other surface.

That being said, I don't have in mind that streak and I don't think Rafa has either. To put an example, I'd preffer him to lose on Hamburg for example on 1st round and win the French Open.

What is most important in his career as a tennis player is how many grand slams (including of course Roland Garros) he can obtain. Even to be considered the best clay courter ever, I don't think that streak would be a primary factor to determine it. He needs to win RGs, that's what would make history.

Don't misunderstand me though, that streak makes me happy.

merlin
05-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Today: boring
In 10 years: One of the greatest things I have witnessed in tennis.

Isn't that always the way of things?

RonE
05-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn nnnnnnnngggggggggggggg
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Forehander
05-14-2007, 06:18 AM
it's insane. I want it to continue till he retires lol. In another words reach up to like 400+ game streak. that'll be incredible :)

The_Nadal_effect
05-17-2007, 09:32 PM
it's insane. I want it to continue till he retires lol. In another words reach up to like 400+ game streak. that'll be incredible :)

Me too. But many other posters dont think that way.

Rafa goes 80 tomorrow. Closer and closer to the mark.

Rogiman
05-17-2007, 11:22 PM

Isn't that always the way of things?My thoughts exactly.

yomike
05-18-2007, 04:03 AM
It's good because he keeps Federer far away from the FO trophy.

anon57
05-18-2007, 07:45 AM

Isn't that always the way of things?

That's probably the best way to put it for me.

bokehlicious
05-18-2007, 07:50 AM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: boring to death...

jazar
05-18-2007, 07:55 AM
it would be remarkable, yet boring

maqk
05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
vamos Rafa - go touch 100+