Superstition: Curse of the Borg! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Superstition: Curse of the Borg!

nsidhan
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Pete was going for his 5th consecutive Wimbledon title (that would match Bjorn Borg's record) but he lost in the quarters against Krajicek!!!!

Similar situation for Roger this year. :unsure:

Burrow
05-13-2007, 04:33 PM
:lol: true, kind of creepy actually

OSmeone
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
:rolleyes: actually it was when he lost to Federer in 2001. He'd only won 3 in a row before he lost to Krajicek.

Malul
05-13-2007, 05:02 PM
ironic it was federer that stoppped him!

this year it will be King Oscar

Hard Hitter
05-13-2007, 06:46 PM
We can only hope!

gusman890
05-13-2007, 06:54 PM
3 wins then loss to Krajicek.

4 more wins until Federer.

Borg is sleeping easy at night I'd say.

stebs
05-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't really say that something that happened once is worthy of superstitious value.

nsidhan
05-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Yep you guys are right. Federer stopped Pete's quest for a 5th consecutive Wimbledon. Thanks for correcting me.

Maybe something needs to happen more than once to be a superstition but I was just jumping ahead of myself :).

But before Wimbledon, we have RG to worry about.

Frank Winkler
05-14-2007, 04:34 AM
borg did not just win winbledon five time in a row.
borg won Rolland Garros and Wimbledon five times in a row.
borg also thrashed the then clay court king guilermos vilas
and never lost to him again after the first two times.
for me Borg is the greatest. The best on the extreme surfaces
no one has come close to doing it again.
He also won plenty on hard court but unfortunately always misse out at the U.s open.
Borg is the greatest.

Forehander
05-14-2007, 04:35 AM
I don't think Federer will lose to tell the truth though he isn't looking too confident at the moment. Nadal, or in general TWO HANDED BACKHANDS will never dominate Wimbledon. That's the reason why Sampras changed from two handed backhands to one handed because there is a strong advantage on grass court. I reckon if Gasquet puts his game together he'll be the biggest competition for Federer.

Merton
05-14-2007, 04:40 AM
I don't think Federer will lose to tell the truth though he isn't looking too confident at the moment. Nadal, or in general TWO HANDED BACKHANDS will never dominate Wimbledon. That's the reason why Sampras changed from two handed backhands to one handed because there is a strong advantage on grass court. I reckon if Gasquet puts his game together he'll be the biggest competition for Federer.

Borg.

Allez
05-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Borg.

:haha::haha::haha: They do not play those old tapes often enough. As it is some of us only get to see Borg play when it's raining @ Wimbledon :o

Beforehand
05-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Borg.
:lol:

Well, that ended quickly, that theory.