Rafa whores himself for points in Hamburg :angel: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa whores himself for points in Hamburg :angel:

Johnny Groove
05-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Will he pull out or play? :scared:

mallorn
05-13-2007, 06:17 PM
No way to tell. :scratch:

Anyway, here's the draw in case he does play.

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI/BYE
QUALIFIER v HRBATY, Dominik SVK
QUALIFIER v SAFIN, Marat RUS
WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI v (15) FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP
(12) FERRER, David ESP v BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
SODERLING, Robin SWE v GINEPRI, Robby USA
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
BYE/(7) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

(4)DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB/BYE
BENNETEAU, Julien FRA v SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER
SUMMERER, Tobias GER v NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
MAYER, Florian GER v (13) YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS
(10) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE v VERDASCO, Fernando ESP
MOYA, Carlos ESP v FISH, Mardy USA
CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA v STEPANEK, Radek CZE
BYE/(8) BLAKE, James USA

(6) ROBREDO, Tommy/BYE
VERKERK, Martin v ALMAGRO, Nicolas
ACASUSO, Jose v QUALIFIER
VOLANDRI, Filippo v(9) MURRAY, Andy
(16) HEWITT, Lleyton v CALLERI, Agustin
CHELA, Juan Ignacio v CANAS, Guillermo
GICQUEL, Marc v SIMON, Gilles
BYE/(3) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay

(5) GONZALEZ, Fernando/BYE
ROCHUS, Olivier v QUALIFIER
WASKE, Alexander v MELZER, Jurgen
GAUDIO, Gaston v (11) GASQUET, Richard
(14) BAGHDATIS, Marcos v KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp
TURSUNOV, Dmitry v ANDREEV, Igor
BECKER, Benjamin v QUALIFIER
BYE/(2) NADAL, Rafael

Vamos Rafa! ... whatever the decision is. :unsure: :lol:

Tess Gray
05-13-2007, 06:21 PM
is he going to play doubles?:)

mallorn
05-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Jesus, no. :haha:

Tess Gray
05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
:angel:

Xristos
05-13-2007, 06:58 PM
He wont play. Well thats what I think.

mallorn
05-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Jonathan, you'd better think of a nice thread title. Looks like he's going to play.
Nadal, who confirmed that he plans to play at next week's Hamburg Masters, added: "I think I am in the best moment of my career. I have worked very hard the last year and now I see the results."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6651863.stm
I guess neither Rafa nor we will get a rest next week. *sigh*

l_mac
05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I think he said last year that he planned to play in Hamburg after the Rome final. So I still have hope that he''ll withdraw.

From last year's Rome preseer:

Q. (Through translation.) You beat him twice in a row. Do you think this might give you an extra advantage for Roland Garros?

RAFAEL NADAL: (Through translation.) Well, I don't know. We have to play Hamburg first. We're flying there tomorrow and we'll see what happens.
Be in the finals in Roland Garros is very, very far away. It's a huge number of matches, so I cannot think about this now. Hamburg tomorrow.

Q. You're definitely playing Hamburg?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah.

Johnny Groove
05-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Jonathan, you'd better think of a nice thread title. Looks like he's going to play.

I guess neither Rafa nor we will get a rest next week. *sigh*

mallorn
05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
I think he said last year that he planned to play in Hamburg after the Rome final. So I still have hope that he''ll withdraw.
Hope dies last :lol: but I doubt it at this point. Either he feels super strong or he doesn't care about the streak at all and he'll lose/retire/withdraw later in the tournament. :shrug:
Jonathan, you've been spending too much time with the :devil: Perv People. That's a terrible title. :o :haha: And I don't think he's really after the points, more likely he's showing his support for the tournament after he and Roger publicly defended it.

NaDALiTa
05-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Omg the title :lol: :spit: i was wondering what was happening in here.......all that i can say, it really strikes attention!!! :yeah:

Johnny Groove
05-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Jonathan, you've been spending too much time with the :devil: Perv People. That's a terrible title. :o :haha: And I don't think he's really after the points, more likely he's showing his support for the tournament after he and Roger publicly defended it.

Hes also whoring for points :p

NaDALiTa
05-14-2007, 09:39 AM
still nothing about Rafa's case, i think he'll definitively play that tournament though he had better to rest in Mallorca,only one week between Hambourg and Rg.........it's not enough!!!

MariaV
05-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Jonathan! :o :o :o
Stay away from the Perv Squad! :o ;)

Castafiore
05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Jonathan....what a title! :o

the_natural
05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
I love the title :P But thisll be the toughest one, Look at the guys in his half, again he has a chance for Gonzo in the quarters and davy in the semis!!!!! and theres a chance to play baghdatis who is starting to get back into form and can be dangerous, plus if not gonzo could play Gasquet!!! GUYS LOOK!!! ITS THE EVIL ONE!!! IGOR ANDREEV. Correct me if im wrong but rafa would be on about 84 wins (2 from DC 04 and 5 from valencia) and would be 2 and then would have been undefeated in 05 and 06 and still undefeated right now, were it not for IGOR!!! Smells like Revenge for me!!!! Dima isnt playing well so looks like igor will be through.

Hmm maybe rafa wil have three days rest?? today, then tommorow is the first round and then day after is him, or maybe even the day after that like in rome. Hmmm Blake and Berdych in the same half, if Novak gets knocked out its a chance for revenge (most likely on berdych cos blake is crap on clay). Youzny could get through also so possible 2nd time revenge on him, but its only on one of those major four (I hate Novak just a little bit cos without him itd be 5 consecutive titles/ all 4 consecutive masters right now!!! and possibly 5 consecutive masters if he wins hamburg, but NOVAAAAKKKK HAD TO RUIN IT).

Ok enough ranting, im still worried its a tough tough draw I hope rafa recovers and is 10000000000% focussed, although it may be possible that rafa wants to end his Winning streak here to take off pressure ( although itd be 89 consecutive after RG if he wins here!!!!!).

*Meesh*
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Ha that title confused me!! :confused:

I am concerned about Rafa playing in Hamburg, I am guessing he will get a couple of days rest but as the_natural said he has Davydenko in his quarter AGAIN!!

I'd rather see him pull out of this and focus on RG, although I guess he and Toni and his doctors etc will know best :D

l_mac
05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Ha that title confused me!! :confused:

I am concerned about Rafa playing in Hamburg, I am guessing he will get a couple of days rest but as the_natural said he has Davydenko in his quarter AGAIN!!

I'd rather see him pull out of this and focus on RG, although I guess he and Toni and his doctors etc will know best :D

He has Davydenko in his half. Gonzalez in his quarter.

I can't believe he hasn't withdrawn yet!

mallorn
05-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey, what's wrong with the Perv People? :angel:
Nothing whatsoever. The title on the other hand... :o :lol:

Ahem--

Dear God,

I don't mean to be mean but could you please give Rafa another case of colitis so that he will have a legit excuse to pull out of Hamburg? He is tired but he needs a doctor's note to get out of the corner he painted himself into. :unsure:

Thank you,
Tangy :kiss:
I second that if it's a very light case of colitis. :p

Naide
05-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Damn he should withdraw :o

Johnny Groove
05-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Hes not pulling out, ok? ;) And I already told you why :kiss:

Foxy
05-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Why do you want him to withdraw?
He is mature enough to decide whether to play or not. Moreover he has people who can advise him what is best for him. Obviously he is feeling fresh enough and he is feeling strong enough to kick some more asses.

Patxy
05-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Just checked Rafa's MTF zone and the first reaction was "WHAT THE HELL???!!"at the title:o . cos it's not true. :)
I'm against this decision, btw. But if he plays his first match, then he must win the tournament:worship: ;)

Metis
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Will he pull out or play? :scared:

:haha:

The thread title combined with the above is hilarious!

So are you implying Rafa wins all these clay matches via means other than his tennis skills? :speakles: This is indeed an impressive streak... :devil:

the_natural
05-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Hes not pulling out, ok? ;) And I already told you why :kiss:

in regards to that thing about the Ao thing in ur name, Andre won it 4 times so it counted more to his 8 than it did to petes total (He still woulda "tied" the record, which was mostly made up of like 6 aussie opens for Roy Emerson) I dont get why your thing says "cos pete won it its suddenly legit" as if most people dont count it, cos the same could be said about Federer or Wilanders totals and a whole heap of eithers :confused: :confused:

cc2monac
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
why are we all so scared!!!???? rafa only lost one set since he start playing on clay this year but we are all affraid!!??? this is not logic! (I'm scared too btw) I guess we are so scared becasue we realy wants him not to loose...during the final vs gonzo he didn't seems to be tired at all...we should all believe in his power and talent...but I must admit I'm not realy happy that he'll maybe have to play kolya one more time...anyway, if you play rafa, best of luck for you! vamooooos!

Tess Gray
05-15-2007, 05:41 PM
:haha:

The thread title combined with the above is hilarious!

So are you implying Rafa wins all these clay matches via means other than his tennis skills? :speakles: This is indeed an impressive streak... :devil:

:haha: lol

kandygram
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Rafa is a smart guy. He's not going to do anything to jeopardize his chances for the French. He usually wins easily over his competion on clay. :devil:

With no more health issues and cooler conditions in Hamburg, he should be fine.:)

l_mac
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
4th on Court 1 tomorrow:

Center Court starting at 11:00 CEST

Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) vs. Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG)

Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs. Juan MONACO (ARG)

Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) vs. Igor ANDREEV (RUS)

Oscar HERNANDEZ (ESP) vs. Rafael NADAL (ESP)

Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) vs. Florian MAYER (GER)

From the Hamburg site:

Hamburg - "It's good to be back in Hamburg", Rafael Nadal said, after he had played a welcome-match at Hamburg's "Alster" on Tuesday. This week, he puts his 77-match clay-court winning streak on the line at Hamburg Rothenbaum, where he hopes to become the first player in history to win the three Masters Series clay titles in the same year."

mallorn
05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
^^ Yes, Rafa is smart, and yes, he's probably playing the best tennis of his career, but s*** happens, as we saw today with Andy Murray. That's why I can't help but worry about him playing Hamburg. It would be a disaster if he got injured now.

Some quotes from today:
Nadal feels no more pressure, just the desire to win

By Esteban Bayer
dpa German Press Agency
Published: Tuesday May 15, 2007

Hamburg (dpa) - Rafael Nadal has won 77 consecutive games on clay and he has just lifted the trophies in Barcelona, Monte Carlo and Rome. On Wednesday he is set to make his debut in Hamburg, again on red dirt, and everyone is asking about his record winning spree.

Will it continue? Until when? Who does he think will end it? Does he feel pressured?

The Spaniard Nadal, 20, with an air that mixes stoicism and patience, sounds convincing in his reply.

"I don't feel more pressure. It's the same as always, the pressure that I put on myself because of the desire I have to win," he says. "There is no pressure."

Nadal stressed Tuesday that the most important thing in a tournament is the first match.

"You have to adapt. It may be the same surface, but conditions are not the same. Another temperature, another climate, more or less humidity - it's something else," he said.

His first match in Hamburg will be against fellow-Spaniard Oscar Hernandez, ranked 69 in the world. They have only played each other twice, back in the days when Nadal played Challenger tournaments in 2002.

And the current world number 2 won both games, so there is nothing to suggest that his record might not go on. Still, Nadal is cautious.

"I have to play one hundred per cent, also against rivals like Oscar, because otherwise you suffer, a lot," he noted.

There is another recurrent topic in questions to Nadal - Roger Federer and the leadership in world tennis. Who is the better of the two? When will Nadal be number 1? Is that his main ambition?

"From my point of view you do not have to try to be number 1. Either you are number 1 or you are not. That is something you cannot seek. And if there is another one who is the best, you have to accept it and shake his hand to congratulate him," the Spaniard told Deutsche Presse-Agentur, dpa.

"Today, and I say this sincerely, the challenge remains to end the year in the top three, and to keep the second place if I can," he said.

He stressed that for him Federer "is still number 1."

"He is the best, better than me and the rest. Why? Because of his results and his game, that's enough," Nadal said.

He noted that he is still young, implying that there is still a lot of time ahead for him to take over the top spot in world tennis.

However, Nadal knows where he stands.

"I am at my best level, much better than last season. I have changed some things. I play more aggressively, I go up to the net more often. And I feel very well, at the best point in my career," he stressed.

In the circumstances, he does not care whether he wins the tournament in Hamburg. He only played there once before, four years ago, when he was beginning his professional career.

"With the level of play in the last three tournaments I am very well prepared for Roland Garros," he said.

And winning his third consecutive title in Paris is Nadal's next objective, beyond Hamburg, his victorious record and the ranking.

© 2006 - dpa German Press Agency

http://rawstory.com/news/dpa/Nadal_feels_no_more_pressure_just_t_05152007.html

Viken01
05-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi nadal's fan,
seeing him playing hamburg is worrying me a little bit. I understand he wants to win rome hamburg and RG in a row but what is doing is dangerous... he is overplaying and it's not a good thing. :unsure:

Maybe i'm worrying for nothing but, i'd like him to win RG again so it would be a pain if he can't win it because of overplaying before the slam. ;)

Anyway i wish him good luck in hamburg and hope he can win there and in RG.

VAMOS RAFA ! :worship:

Johnny Groove
05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
in regards to that thing about the Ao thing in ur name, Andre won it 4 times so it counted more to his 8 than it did to petes total (He still woulda "tied" the record, which was mostly made up of like 6 aussie opens for Roy Emerson) I dont get why your thing says "cos pete won it its suddenly legit" as if most people dont count it, cos the same could be said about Federer or Wilanders totals and a whole heap of eithers :confused: :confused:

The reason that I mentioned Sampras is because the poster that implied that the AO is Mickey Mouse is the same player that is a broken record saying that Sampras is the GOAT due to 14 slams, while he considers 2 of his slams to be MM. Of course, he doesnt mention that, so he must think that if Sampras wins them, they are legit and must count towards 14 because they make his argument. :wavey:

Make sense?

connectolove
05-16-2007, 12:59 AM
He should not play Hamburg, he is working 3 times as hard than any other player since he has been in the finals lately so many times. He should pace himself, Roland Garros is a more important tournament than Hamburg. I would have quit but anyway, he seems to have endless energy. I hope that he does not get too tired.

cc2monac
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
rafa won his first match in hambourg...7/5 6/1...the star was hard but after the king of clay was on the court! best of luck for your next match rafa

MariaV
05-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Naah, he'll get enough rest next week to get ready for the RG ordeal.
Props to Oscar for fighting the whole match and till the end! Rafa got a good workout, I hope he didn't catch cold in this weather.
I know I am stupid and blonde but am I completely wrong noticing that even Rafa has problems serving out matches, lately vs Kolya for example. :o :o :o
It didn't become a problem today but .... and I know on clay it's much more common to lose serve but still .... :shrug:

mallorn
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
^^ He had problems concentrating today, no doubt about that. He also had problems consolidating breaks against Davydenko, but other than that he's been ok recently, I think. :scratch:

Hope his ankle is ok, he was wrong-footed at the end and it looked like he might've rolled his ankle.

MariaV
05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh, I hope the ankle is OK, I saw the wrong footing but he didn't roll it, I guess the tapes just moved a bit, at least I hope so...
And I mean yes, he hasn't has tough matches on clay lately but I mean before that when he was struggling.

MariaV
05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Tangy! :eek: :eek: Food poisoning! :eek: :eek: :lol:
He can lose vs Igor anyway. :o Then the streak pressure will be gone for the RG too.

tangerine_dream
05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
^^ Losing to Igor tomorrow would be a fitting end to the streak wouldn't it? He was, after all, the last guy to beat Rafa on clay so many thousand years ago. :lol:

MariaV
05-16-2007, 07:49 PM
That's exactly what I mean Tangy! :yeah:
OK I'm off now. :wavey:

mallorn
05-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Rafa's press conference is up. I love this feature of the tournament. :yeah:

http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/livescoring/pc/press-conferences.php

Also, OOP is out. Rafa plays third, with a 10.00 am start.

Johnny Groove
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I really don't know what to think about the match vs. Andreev. Hopefully Igor is the one w/ food poisoing, so Rafa can have a W/O and rest a little :angel:

But if the streak should end here, then so be it. At least Rafa will have some rest for RG, and the grass season thereafter.

yana
05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
But if the streak should end here, then so be it. At least Rafa will have some rest for RG, and the grass season thereafter.

Ok, people, what's the matter with you? Just because Andreev was the last to beat him doesn't matter that he'll stop the streak either. You sound like you are already resigned. Rafa has great chaces against this guy if he is fit. :wavey:

Johnny Groove
05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, people, what's the matter with you? Just because Andreev was the last to beat him doesn't matter that he'll stop the streak either. You sound like you are already resigned. Rafa has great chaces against this guy if he is fit. :wavey:

Oh, I know that for sure, Rafa is playing great, and Igor is coming off an injury, but from what I hear, Rafa didnt really seem to give a shit about Hamburg in his first match, and seems tired. If he should lose here and rest up for RG, thats great. The only reason hes playing here is to not seem hypocritical and to whore himself for points :shrug: If it was up to him, he would skip it :shrug:

yana
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh, I know that for sure, Rafa is playing great, and Igor is coming off an injury, but from what I hear, Rafa didnt really seem to give a shit about Hamburg in his first match, and seems tired.

Well, I watch the match and I think that he was pissed because of the weather, like he told latter in his press conference. It's freezing in Hamburg...Because of that it was difficult for him to find his rythm and that's why he looked so pissed (I know I used this word twice but I can't find a better one right now:o )

the_natural
05-17-2007, 01:11 AM
The reason that I mentioned Sampras is because the poster that implied that the AO is Mickey Mouse is the same player that is a broken record saying that Sampras is the GOAT due to 14 slams, while he considers 2 of his slams to be MM. Of course, he doesnt mention that, so he must think that if Sampras wins them, they are legit and must count towards 14 because they make his argument. :wavey:

Make sense?

Yep, but its foolish for him to say its a MM event, I guess i feel that way cos im aussie. I dont think the tennis community has considered it a mm event since the mid 90s

the_natural
05-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Yeh well rafa looked a bit off and also a bit slow, and his shots were SOOO SHORT, It remained me of 05/06, except he came to net more which i think really saved the match for him, hes gonna have to really step it up against Andreev who is hittin the ball really well and reallly hard, hopefully he will feel the pressure of being the last guy to beat rafa and lose in straights !!! (but not likely unless rafa brings back the game he had against Djokovic). I hope rafa wins hamburg cos if federer wins this his gonna take alotta confidence into the FO.

mallorn
05-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Seems that Rafa is back to normal - 6-4, 6-1 over Andreev in 1 hour 27 minutes. :yeah: Igor made tonnes of UEs and didn't play the big points well (e.g. when he had 2 BPs when Rafa was serving for the first set), which only made Rafa's job easier. Raf looked very comfortable today, seemed to be playing without any pressure whatsoever and trying some new stuff. He's going to the net more and more. :yeah:

cc2monac
05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
rafa is playing more and more better! it's incredible! I'm so happy for him! congrats for your great match today and good luck for tomorrow rafito!

tangerine_dream
05-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I didn't see the match but I'm glad to hear that Rafa appears to be back to normal :yippee:
Very good measure of small revenge against Igor. :dance:

It's still strange to see Rafa at the net so much. He does very well up there too. :eek: He's become a triple threat!

I can't get used to seeing him in shots like the one below, though. I've gotten so used to seeing almost nothing but his forehand/backhand shots from the photographers. :lol:

Johnny Groove
05-17-2007, 09:24 PM
:banana: That win puts Nadal at exactly 5000 points :lol:

Miss Mojo Risin'
05-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Seems that Rafa is back to normal - 6-4, 6-1 over Andreev in 1 hour 27 minutes. :yeah: Igor made tonnes of UEs and didn't play the big points well (e.g. when he had 2 BPs when Rafa was serving for the first set), which only made Rafa's job easier. Raf looked very comfortable today, seemed to be playing without any pressure whatsoever and trying some new stuff. He's going to the net more and more. :yeah:

:banana: Rock on Rafa :banana:

Miss Mojo Risin'
05-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry guys, I forgot to say Hi. :wavey: :wavey: My name's Mojo. :wavey:

linus
05-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Vamos Rafa... :rocker:

Sorry guys, I forgot to say Hi. :wavey: :wavey: My name's Mojo. :wavey:
Hello Mojo :bigwave:

Agassi Fan
05-18-2007, 05:25 PM
1-1

Go Rafa!

Agassi Fan
05-18-2007, 07:03 PM
He won in two sets! :-)))

mallorn
05-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Hello Mojo! :bigwave:

Another serious match from Rafa, no fireworks but he did enough to win comfortably. :yeah: Gonzo played much better than in Rome, but Raf was always a step ahead. There was just one hiccup in the second set when he lost his serve after having broken Gonzo, but then he broke again and served out the match.

80th straight win. :eek: :worship:

l_mac
05-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I thought he played much better today. I had no moments of panic.

mallorn
05-18-2007, 07:35 PM
^^ Yeah, me neither. That happens very rarely. :p :lol:

linus
05-19-2007, 04:47 AM
go on Vamos Rafa :yippee:

l_mac
05-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm panicking MAJORLY in the first set with Hewitt.

maqk
05-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Nadal you have to win Hamburg remember ;)

maqk
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Nadal won his service game in 2nd set

cc2monac
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Nadal you have to win Hamburg remember ;)

yes please! remember it well!

maqk
05-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Nadal breaks :woohoo:

maqk
05-19-2007, 03:49 PM
3-0 Rafa

cc2monac
05-19-2007, 03:53 PM
vamos rafa!!! he seems to be back to his game...please rafa keep that level and win!!

maqk
05-19-2007, 04:05 PM
still deuce on Rafa's serve!

cc2monac
05-19-2007, 04:09 PM
4/1 for rafa...please rafa plays with your best tennis...may God be with you...

cc2monac
05-19-2007, 04:26 PM
2d set for rafa 6/3!! I hope he'll be abble to do the same in the 3rd set...VAMOS!

l_mac
05-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Rafa is not playing well today. If he's going to do this tomorrow against Federer I think I'd rather he loses now.

linus
05-19-2007, 05:29 PM
:woohoo: FINALLY

Rafa :worship: lets insist for one more day, one more match then take a good rest, wonderful guy, just match now :cool:

linus
05-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I think I will try to down today' match along with that one vs Davy last week :yeah:

Vamos :rocker:

mallorn
05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Geeeez, Rafa! Way to give your fans a heart attack! :rolleyes: :lol:

I hope he can regroup for tomorrow. :unsure:

cc2monac
05-19-2007, 05:33 PM
rafa!!!! I love you!!! thanks!!! thanks God he won! I'm so very happy for him!!!
best of luck in the final

Naide
05-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Gosh that was hard :scared:
Well done champ :D

Johnny Groove
05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Another close SF Rafa. :scared:

Now go beat Fed again and rest up, bro :hug:

l_mac
05-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Hated. Every. Second.

mallorn
05-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Hated. Every. Second.
:hug:

I was awfully tense once Rafa got broken back in the third. :( Lleyton is not someone you can afford to give a second chance.

Should be interesting tomorrow. They way both Rafa and Roger played today, I just don't know what to expect anymore.

l_mac
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
:hug:

I was awfully tense once Rafa got broken back in the third. :( Lleyton is not someone you can afford to give a second chance.

Should be interesting tomorrow. They way both Rafa and Roger played today, I just don't know what to expect anymore.

40+ UEs each?

Agassi Fan
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Good luck in the final!

mallorn
05-19-2007, 07:53 PM
40+ UEs each?
:o Please no.

Come on Rafa, focus just one more time!

Rafa's presser:
Hamburg, 19 May 2007

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal - Hewitt 2:6, 6:3, 7:5

Q: He gave you a tough fight out there, didn't he?

A: Yes, tough match, Lleyton was playing on a very good level, so it was tough.

Q: Did you fear at any point that the streak might be ending?

A: Not very much. I had chances to lose and a lot of matches I didn't lose, but that doesn't matter. I'm in the final of a Masters Series, that's what matters, I could lose any day, I don't think about that. Hamburg is a very important tournament and I'm in the finals here.

Q: How do you like Hamburg?

A: Very nice tournament, especially if the weather is okay. Very nice centre court and very nice city.

Q: Are the conditions slower than at other tournaments?

A: If the sun is not coming it's a little bit slow. But today it was very good.

Q: So it's another episode with Nadal against Federer final tomorrow. What do you feel about tomorrow?

A: I feel good. I feel very happy for being in another final and for playing him. It's always a special match and an interesting match. I'll try my best. It will be a nice match, I think. He has some confidence, because he won some difficult matches. That's important for the confidence. Me too, I was playing very good tennis in the last weeks and this week as well, especially in the second and third round, well, today was not my best match. But I hope I'll be 100% mentally and physically tomorrow.

Q: What was the most difficult for you today?

A: I didn't feel very good on court, but Lleyton was playing aggressive all the time, very low balls. But the important thing was that I was there all the time, I just trying to change the dynamic of the game a bit when I was losing 6:2. He was playing very fast, so I was trying to play a bit slower at the beginning of the second set, with high balls. That was my chance to come back into the match. He made some mistakes.

Q: Were you surprised to see him in the semifinals?

A: No. Lleyton is an unbelievable player, I like him a lot. He's a very good champion. He can play very well on every surface.

Q: Is there more for Roger to lose tomorrow as you beat him 4 times in a row on clay and with the French Open coming up?

A: I don't have any pressure tomorrow. If I lose or win, I'll arrive at the French Open with the same confidence. The work is done for me, I'm very happy about my clay season. But if I win, it's better for sure, but if I lose the confidence will still be there. It's an important match for me because it's the final of a Masters Series and the only Masters I haven't won yet. So I have special motivation. I'll try my best. I don't know if he has more to lose tomorrow than me.

Q: Does that mean you will be more relaxed tomorrow?

A: No, why?

Q: If it's not so important for your confidence?

A: I said it's not important for my confidence but very important for me to win the tournament. But my motivation is that I'm playing in one of the most important finals of the world tomorrow and not my confidence for the French Open.

Q: Were you surprised when Roger finished with Tony Roche?

A: I can say nothing about that because I don't know the reasons.

Q: You said you didn't feel very well. Why was that?

A: Well, Lleyton was playing very well. And maybe because I had a lot of matches in the last weeks. For tomorrow I will try my best.

Q: You don't regret to play all these matches and coming here? Last year you didn't come because you were too exhausted. So maybe it's too much now?

A: No, I don't agree, because last year I arrived at the French Open and played very bad for the first few rounds. If I'm outside of the competition for two weeks before it's not easy there. It's important for me to be here, it was difficult for me that I couldn't come in the last years.

Q: Will you have a couple of days at home before you go to Paris?

A: On Monday I have a presentation of Nike sports in Barcelona, but afterwards on Monday night I'll go to Mallorca for two or three days.

http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/livescoring/pc/html/pc,Rafael_Nadal,19,71.html

l_mac
05-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Did you see the video of the presser?

*swoooooon*

mallorn
05-19-2007, 08:12 PM
^^ Very cute indeed. I wonder what he was chatting about in Spanish at the beginning. :lol:

Castafiore
05-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Let me tell you, I just HATE it when two of my favorite players have to face each other in a match. :(
That match was a good stern test for my nerves, though.:o

Rafa came across as very cheerful in that last presser, didn't he?

mallorn
05-20-2007, 09:15 AM
He did. That's a nice change because in the previous ones he looked so jaded!

l_mac
05-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Fingers crossed for this afternoon!

rafagirlno1
05-20-2007, 12:29 PM
simply unbelieveable and wht a true champion Nadal is :worship:
hope he wins this title in straight sets tday and takes a good week off with ample rest and training and comes back strong and defends his RG title :worship:

mallorn
05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Come on Rafa, you know what to do!

Please no more hiccups like yesterday. *fingerscrossed*

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/k015.gif

VAMOS RAFA!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/k015.gif

l_mac
05-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Rafa takes the first set 6-2.

I still feel very nervous.

l_mac
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Good reason for feeling nervous!

Please don't lose this, Rafa.

cc2monac
05-20-2007, 02:46 PM
please rafa! wake up!! do it! win this match!!!

the_natural
05-20-2007, 03:01 PM
F!@# this is going just like my nightmare last night, rafa was winning and leading comfortably and everyone was resigned to him winning then federer just came back and won it in the final set !!!! but it was RG and rafa was up 2-1 and lost in 5... Please let that just stay as a nightmare in never never land. RAFA WAKE UP AND STOP PLAYING LIKE SUCK A F!@#ING PU$$Y TO HIS BACKHAND 100% OF THE TIME WHEN U HAVE OPEN COURT PLAY LIKE U DID AGAINST YOUHZNY AND DJOKOVIC AND GO FOR THE WIN

Derek1206
05-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Rafa. :help:

martine2
05-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm afraid the match is lost :sad: :sad: :sad:
Almost impossible to come back now :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

l_mac
05-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Arse.

linus
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
:sobbing: Rafa :hug:

I wish not to read anything about the streak' stop here :shrug: everything is easy to go down when time and space come, I dont care since someday it should happen. at least from the court, I couldnt see anything bad from Rafa even he lost :hug:

give the guy some time to keep in calm moods to get his ready for RolandGarros :angel:

btw... if who hasnt watched it, take a look, I think Rafa was really tired of mind yesterday :p http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/rm/r-nadal_19_05_07.rm

NicoFan
05-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Poor Rafa. :hug:

I had a feeling the streak would end in Hamburg. :bigcry:

mallorn
05-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Well, this isn't really very surprising, he's just played too much tennis in the recent weeks, he had to feel it one day. I only saw the first two sets, and Rafa had his chances at the beginning of the second, but couldn't convert and then Roger picked up his game and Rafa's concentration and level of play dropped.

The most important thing is that he finished the tournament uninjured (as far as we know) and earned 350 points, which gives him a bit of a cushion.

Now he needs to rest properly, both physically and mentally. :hug:

As for the streak, as great as it is, I'm a bit relieved we're no longer going to see headlines about it after today. ;)

Jade Fox
05-20-2007, 04:01 PM
My first time posting here, so be gentle.:p

I didn't want Rafa's streak to end at a bagel, but so be it. Now there won't be as much pressure for him coming into Roland Garros.

mallorn
05-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Why wouldn't we be gentle? :p Welcome! :wavey:

Rafa said yesterday that his work for RG was done, that a loss in the final would not undermine his confidence. He of all people should know, no? ;)

Johnny Groove
05-20-2007, 04:54 PM
lets hope this doesnt mean anything going into Paris.

Jade Fox
05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
lets hope this doesnt mean anything going into Paris.

I doubt it will. He looked pretty calm about the chance of him losing in yesterday's press conference.

Naide
05-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Fed is the king of Hamburg but i'm sure Rafa will still the king of Paris.
I'm not too upset, both are great champs.

yana
05-20-2007, 05:37 PM
As for the streak, as great as it is, I'm a bit relieved we're no longer going to see headlines about it after today. ;)

Same here. :wavey:

I couldn't see the final (and now I'm glad I didn't), but I saw the semifinal against Lleyton and I knew then that he'll lose today. He played poorly, far from his usual game, he looked tired, unhappy. He didn't come to the net either like he used to in Rome and in the first match against Oscar H. And I had a feeling that he picks his energy from the sun, from the warm weather, and in Hamburg it was so damn cold. :lol:

martine2
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I still think he shouldn't have played Hamburg, but I guess he knew what he was doing.
Now please get some rest and be ready for RG.

Maybe a good thing the streak has ended because this put quite some pressure on his shoulders which is gone now.

Rafa :hug: :hug:

Alexandy
05-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I was worried for Rafa and didn't think he should have played Hamburg but I guess he knew what he was doing.

Strangely, I'm not sad that he lost. I thought he might from the way he'd been playing. I like Fed too, so I am glad it was to him that Rafa lost and not Berdych, Djokovic, or Youhzny.

I just hope that one week of rest will be enough for RG. Hopefully, Rafa will be physically and mentally ready for RG. He is going to need to be.

ETA: Yaay!! No more streak!! That is cause for celebraton. :)

And I guess I am a bit said. My post seems awfully gloomy. :( Delayed reaction I suppose.

mallorn
05-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I had a feeling that he picks his energy from the sun, from the warm weather, and in Hamburg it was so damn cold. :lol:
I had the same feeling, especially in the first match. We don't often see him so grumpy. :lol:

He admitted that he was mentally tired. Well, I hope a week will be enough for him to rest up.

Rafa's presser:
Hamburg, 20 May 2007

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Federer - Nadal 2:6, 6:2, 6:0

Q: That was an amazing turnaround in that match. What were the factors that turned the match?

A: I don't know, maybe if I watch the match again I will know a little bit. The truth is I had a chance at the 2:1 in the second set, but he played very well. Maybe I was not the same as always mentally. I feel a little bit tired, true. Physically it was perfect. It was a lot of matches in a row. It's difficult, but I'm very happy I played the final in this tournament. I'm very happy to play in Hamburg after a long time and I congratulate Roger. He was playing very good tennis. Well, I lost against the number one and one of the best in history. I lost after a long time, but I lost in one final in the Master Series.

Q: Until the third game in the second set, did you feel the pattern was similar to your previous sets against him?

A: I don't know, against him it's always difficult matches, if I'm winning or losing. Because he has unbelievable talent and he can come back any time. So he came back today (laughs). I think I made more mistakes than usual. I played very short and he has a very good feeling for the ball. He played better than me and he beat me.

Q: Was that because you sensed he was starting to play well, that you feared he was coming back?

A: No, it's impossible to be 100% in every game, and then it's very difficult to play him. He came back and he played very aggressively. He didn't make any mistakes today. I played very good in the first set. He played very comfortable all the time, and that's it.

Q: What has changed compared to the previous games, what do you think was the key of the game?

A: He is not improving right now a lot, I've been improving a lot, but when I said after Monte Carlo that I beat him more easily, it was for that match. Every match is different and every place has a different feeling, that is the truth. Sometimes you feel better, sometimes you play worse, and for that reason the results change. Not because he's improving or I'm improving.

Q: Do you feel less pressure for the French Open now?

A: The same as yesterday. The pressure is the same. I have some days off at home in Mallorca now, that will be important for my preparation for Roland Garros. Then I'll be 100% for that tournament. The pressure is always the same.

Q: Do you think you played too many matches during the last weeks?

A: I played a lot of matches, but that's very good news.

Q: You don't seem to be sad that you're winning streak is over now.

A: Well, I start another time. I don't know if I will have more than 81 (laughs). The record is 81, so anyone can try to beat that, but it will be difficult to get more than 81. I'm very happy for the record. If you remember, 3 or 4 months ago, I was in a press conference like this and everybody was asking me why I wasn't winning. Now I played a lot of finals in the last two months and I'm very happy about that. I'm playing my best tennis, better than ever. So I can't be sad because I lost one match to the best of the world.

Q: You lost 6:0 in the third set. Roger beats all the top players sometimes with 6:0. What happens?

A: I don't know. It's my second 6:0 against him, after Wimbledon. It's because he's unbelievable. If he's playing well it's very difficult to play against him. Today I wasn't feeling very well, because if I feel very well, 6:0 on clay is difficult.

Q: Do you think Roger played the best match against you on clay?

A: I really don't know right now. In Rome he played very well too.

FedFan_2007
05-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Biggest problem for Rafa is lack of an extra week's rest. I'm not sure 1 week will do it.

the_natural
05-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Its not one week because hes got to do soem thing for nike then he goes home, then they prepare for rg and then they fly off, so its technically only a few days. I dont know how you guys can be content (some of you) I feel HORRIBLE, but im probably more angry than anything that rafa played such pathetic tennis in that second and 3rd set, especially early on when he had chances to break he put the ball back into play and tried to win, it was definatley his worst match of the season and worst ever against Roger (i thought the Masters cup was bad!!!).

And i say all this because he hit EVERY BALL to federers backhand and not only that, it was SHORT he looked just like rafa 05 the one who could only hit a slice serve, thats wat he was constantly doing, hoping for errors, and even though he hit it short, it was short without enough topspin and pace to let it kick up enough, it only kicked up a little, perfectly into feds hitting zone.

After he showed so much variety with his serve against Gonzo who has the biggest forehand in the game, he showed so much respect and fear towards Federer, I thought the same thing in the first set which was gifted to him, even in monte carlo he looked scared against federer but never this bad.
I guess we also have to give credit to Hewitt for taking so much out of him, federer should buy him a mercedez for making his job easier.

nah seriously though, everyone is gonna say "oh he was outplayed and federer just destroyed him because he played like the true champ he is" which is bs, Nadal just didnt play like the true champ that he is, he played the way he did against davydenko, short waiting for errors, and he didnt play nething like he did against Djokovic or Youzhny otherwise the results woulda been a win for them.

It makes me sick to my stomach now everyone is gonna start their shit about how federer was the first man ever to beat the great clay courter in a masters final and he ended the winning streak and he "Destroyed" him when "rafa had the aura of invincibility"... DAMN IT RAFA I HOPE UR PISSED OFF AND U WIN RG AND THEN TAKE WIMBLEDON JUST TO SHOW THEM ALL THAT THIS MATCH WAS A FLUKE.

Morrissey
05-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Its not one week because hes got to do soem thing for nike then he goes home, then they prepare for rg and then they fly off, so its technically only a few days. I dont know how you guys can be content (some of you) I feel HORRIBLE, but im probably more angry than anything that rafa played such pathetic tennis in that second and 3rd set, especially early on when he had chances to break he put the ball back into play and tried to win, it was definatley his worst match of the season and worst ever against Roger (i thought the Masters cup was bad!!!).

And i say all this because he hit EVERY BALL to federers backhand and not only that, it was SHORT he looked just like rafa 05 the one who could only hit a slice serve, thats wat he was constantly doing, hoping for errors, and even though he hit it short, it was short without enough topspin and pace to let it kick up enough, it only kicked up a little, perfectly into feds hitting zone.

After he showed so much variety with his serve against Gonzo who has the biggest forehand in the game, he showed so much respect and fear towards Federer, I thought the same thing in the first set which was gifted to him, even in monte carlo he looked scared against federer but never this bad.
I guess we also have to give credit to Hewitt for taking so much out of him, federer should buy him a mercedez for making his job easier.

nah seriously though, everyone is gonna say "oh he was outplayed and federer just destroyed him because he played like the true champ he is" which is bs, Nadal just didnt play like the true champ that he is, he played the way he did against davydenko, short waiting for errors, and he didnt play nething like he did against Djokovic or Youzhny otherwise the results woulda been a win for them.

It makes me sick to my stomach now everyone is gonna start their shit about how federer was the first man ever to beat the great clay courter in a masters final and he ended the winning streak and he "Destroyed" him when "rafa had the aura of invincibility"... DAMN IT RAFA I HOPE UR PISSED OFF AND U WIN RG AND THEN TAKE WIMBLEDON JUST TO SHOW THEM ALL THAT THIS MATCH WAS A FLUKE.

You know what? I read your whole thing and you couldn't be more right my man. I'm really f----g angry about this loss. I felt like breaking my TV set from so much anger. I can't stand Federer winning but on clay just gets me more. I just hope Nadal whoops his ass bad in the Rg final, that's if they both even get there. I don't doubt Rafa but he overplayed and pushed his body too much. He already swept through MC, Barca and Rome losing one set in total. Did he really need to go to Hamburg? He was running on fumes the entire tournament. Fed needs to buy Hewitt a Ferrari for just taking all the gas out of Rafa. The only good thing is the streak is over, I don't need to hear about it anymore and he can focus on just kicking ass again. But the worst thing is he gave Fed all this false confidence. Because lemme tell you something. When Rafa gets his batteries recharged and has revenge on his mind Roger won't know what hit him. Sore loser? Yeah, absolutely. Rafa, win this French Open to show them all that this match was meaningless. And take Wimby to boot. That'll show em he's a slam champion outside clay as well.

zwanne
05-21-2007, 04:04 AM
I cried a little bit last night after seeing the match. I was so angry, but when Rafa kinda said that Roger was the rightful one to end his streak (something like that), I burst into tears. Rafa is such a nice person haha. And I agree with the previous two posts ^. This win does not make Roger greater or Rafa lesser.

I agree, too, that Rafa shouldn't have gone to Hamburg. It was just too much. He should've taken an early vacation. But you've got to hand it to him for still joining. That's what real athletes do, and I applaud him.

I do hope he wins RG and Wimby. Also the US Open. That would be sweet. He'd be number one by the end of the year if he wins the three remaining Grand Slams, yes?

Mimi
05-21-2007, 04:11 AM
i also think rafa should not play hamburg, but he has to, why? he supported against ATP to lower ranked hamburg, so if he did not play, the journalists will get to him, now rafa needs some rest, yes rafa is gracious and kind towards roger, but sadly some of his fans do not appreciate and still bad mouth rafa :angel: :cool:

Foxy
05-21-2007, 08:12 AM
As a long term plan it was good to play Hamburg.
1. He lost the streak. Now less pressure.
2. He lost to Federer quite bad. He needs a brutal vengeance. This is one more motive to play good.
3. As someone said he gives Federer a false confidence. Which can turn up against Federer not only in Roland Garros and not only against Rafa.
4. He lost only 150 points against Federer. It would have been 500 if he hadn't played.
5. He is still leading the Champions Race by nearly 80 points. I would have been a lot less othewise.
6. Still he has one week to rest.

So if it is the price (losing Hamburg) in order to WIN Roland Garros and/or Wimbledon so be it :)

Morrissey
05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
2. He lost to Federer quite bad. He needs a brutal vengeance. This is one more motive to play good.
3. As someone said he gives Federer a false confidence. Which can turn up against Federer not only in Roland Garros and not only against Rafa.
4. He lost only 150 points against Federer. It would have been 500 if he hadn't played.
5. He is still leading the Champions Race by nearly 80 points. I would have been a lot less othewise.

So if it is the price (losing Hamburg) in order to WIN Roland Garros and/or Wimbledon so be it :)

I agree with alot of this. Rafa was due for a loss on clay, the law of averages was against him. I rather that he lose in Hamburg than Paris. Imagine if Rafa had won all tune up tournaments and then lose in Roland Garros? What good was all the winning if he couldn't win the one that means the most? I want Rafa to get that 3rd Roland Garros title and Wimbledon too. Nadal should have at least 5 Roland Garros, 1 or perhaps 2 Wimbledon and 1 Australian Open. I would be happy with that. So Rafa, get revenge and beat the living shit out of Roger with the girlie playing of his hair. I really hope Nadal is mad because I really am. The Fed fans are the worst fans in the world, cocky, spineless, arrogant garbage. :mad: I can't stand them and their girlfriend Federer.

l_mac
05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I do hope he wins RG and Wimby. Also the US Open. That would be sweet. He'd be number one by the end of the year if he wins the three remaining Grand Slams, yes?

That would indeed be sweet.

Even if he wins the 3 slams, I think Federer will have to crash out early for Rafa to catch him in the rankings. The US Open is the one one where they earned a significant difference in points.

Tess Gray
05-21-2007, 07:18 PM
So Rafa, get revenge and beat the living shit out of Roger with the girlie playing of his hair. I really hope Nadal is mad because I really am. The Fed fans are the worst fans in the world, cocky, spineless, arrogant garbage. :mad: I can't stand them and their girlfriend Federer.

You are getting a little worked up here, huh?;)

Morrissey
05-21-2007, 08:48 PM
You are getting a little worked up here, huh?;)

Well yeah. Anyone would, take a look at the TW forum. All the Fedfans came out of their caves and talked nothing but shit about Rafa.

mallorn
05-21-2007, 09:22 PM

Ah, a positive post, thank goodness. :D :wavey:
The Fed fans are the worst fans in the world, cocky, spineless, arrogant garbage. :mad: I can't stand them and their girlfriend Federer.
I'm not sure you'll like it here then. This forum is infested with Fed fans and other Rafa haters. Rafa wins like every "most disliked" poll here. He recently won the "Most disliked player of all time" by a wide margin. :lol:

l_mac
05-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure you'll like it here then. This forum is infested with Fed fans and other Rafa haters. Rafa wins like every "most disliked" poll here. He recently won the "Most disliked player of all time" by a wide margin. :lol:

And no wonder! He's single handedly dstroying the sport. And as for his attitude toward his fellow professionals, members of the media and the fans - UGH! :lol:

I really don't get what's not to love, but different strokes I guess.

NaDALiTa
05-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Now we are sure Rafa is stubborn :lol: he was testing himself to see how far and how much he could play ..........now that is done,calm down dearest and be wiser!!!!!

vamos in RG :p

RogiFan88
05-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Even though Rogi finally beat Rafa on clay, ending his incredible 81-win match streak, handing him his first loss in a clay tourney final, Rafa is still the favourite for RG, as he is still the undisputed King of Clay. Rafa will be fine after a couple of days' fishing in Manacor. ;) Hamburg is where Rogi feels comfortable; Paris is where Rafa feels comfortable. But the Hamburg07 final was amazing.

Tess Gray
05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Well yeah. Anyone would, take a look at the TW forum. All the Fedfans came out of their caves and talked nothing but shit about Rafa.

I do know what you mean, I was mad as well. What is it with his fans that they can't just act normal towards Rafa? (not all of his fans I know, just a few who are spoiling it for the rest)

Anyway, I think we shouldn't really pay attention to it:)

tangerine_dream
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM
The MTF Fed fans have always been insecure, bitter trolls, Morrissey. :devil: Just look at their forum here: they spend an awful lot of their time and energy trashing Roger's opponents, especially Rafa because he's been the only player who can compete with, and beat, Roger. As a result, Rafa really gets under their thin skins. :lol: I've always felt that they're not so much tennis fans as they are fans of a guy who wins a lot. :)

It's a shame, really, for poor Roger to have such lunatics behind him. Hence, why I bestowed the appropriate "Fedtard" moniker unto them. No group is more deserving of the "tard" label around here.

As for Hamburg, Nadal was playing kinda funky all week, not looking like his usual invincible self, so it's best that he lose here than in Paris. I don't know if having a week off before RG will be enough rest for him but he even when he's tired he never seems like he needs more than a day or two to recover. We'll see. :)

Jade Fox
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM
The MTF Fed fans have always been insecure, bitter trolls, Morrissey. :devil: Just look at their forum here: they spend an awful lot of their time and energy trashing Roger's opponents, especially Rafa because he's been the only player who can compete with, and beat, Roger. As a result, Rafa really gets under their thin skins. :lol: I've always felt that they're not so much tennis fans as they are fans of a guy who wins a lot. :)

It's a shame, really, for poor Roger to have such lunatics behind him. Hence, why I bestowed the appropriate "Fedtard" moniker unto them. No group is more deserving of the "tard" label around here.

As for Hamburg, Nadal was playing kinda funky all week, not looking like his usual invincible self, so it's best that he lose here than in Paris. I don't know if having a week off before RG will be enough rest for him but he even when he's tired he never seems like he needs more than a day or two to recover. We'll see. :)

Those types of Roger fans really make the rest of us look bad. A non tennis fan might look at them and think all Fed fans are a bunch of elitist snobs who can't handle the slightest criticism that's thrown at Fed or anyone involved with him.

Like I said before, this loss I don't think should affect him in the end. The streak was bound to end sooner or later. I think Rafa will go to Paris with a little revenge on his mind and I wonder how Roger will handle that. It's one thing to beat Rafa in Hamburg, it's quite another to try and beat him in Paris where the stakes are much higher.