New coach for Gael Monfils : Tarik Benhabiles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New coach for Gael Monfils : Tarik Benhabiles

LilyRoseAva
05-13-2007, 08:09 AM
new coach for gael
3rd of the year after Pier Gauthier, Olivier Delaitre :confused:

article lequipe today (in french)
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3189/gaelmonfwj8.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gaelmonfwj8.jpg)

Forehander
05-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Our team practiced with Monfil when he had a chance to visit our academy during summer times. This dude is the biggest up himself ever lol I really gotta say this. Although I didn't really care, but my whole team even my coach was sick of his SUPER arrogant attitude. He was disrespecting absolutely everybody and thinks he is top-shit. What I think of him? He's just a hard as ball-basher currently and his talents are far from competing with Gasquet, djokovic, murray and Nadal. He's obviously an absolute jerk to change coaches so many times in a single year.

and don't get me wrong. My favourite player of all time is Sebastien Grosjean, an extreme rare talent especially the forehand. Too bad he's too short and never seem to improve his backhands or mental game though.

canbera
05-13-2007, 09:01 AM
his match against Nalbandian at the Australian was really hard to watch. he just blew it. the only good matches he plays are in davis cup these days.

and monfils is a weird dude. he should play more challengers, maybe he'll be better competition to the other players then.

jazar
05-13-2007, 09:22 AM
benhabiles is a good coach. maybe he can drum some sense into monfils thick skull

Marine
05-13-2007, 09:33 AM
He changes every month, it's clear it will help him to improve a lot ! :rolleyes:
He should change of brain, it's the main problem.

my0118
05-13-2007, 09:40 AM
He changes every month, it's clear it will help him to improve a lot ! :rolleyes:
He should change of brain, it's the main problem.

:haha:
no one would be willing to change it with his.

jazar
05-13-2007, 10:56 AM
:haha:
no one would be willing to change it with his.

maybe if he used a dog's brain it would do better then

Stensland
05-13-2007, 11:07 AM
so did benhabiles quit coaching becker then?

*julie*
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Good for him. I doubted Delaitre was competent enough seeing all the improvements Gael needs to do.

gusman890
05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I hope Tarik gets some brains in Monfils - he can be exciting to watch when he is playing well, he just needs to do that more consistantly and stop getting injured for stupid reasons IE: Madrid '06

Andre♥
05-13-2007, 12:40 PM
so did benhabiles quit coaching becker then?

Not necessarily.

Piatti coached both Ljubicic and Djokovic last year.

amierin
05-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Does the article also say he's training in Florida?
Tarik is a very good coach but unless his pupil is willing to listen nothing will come of it.

Stensland
05-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Not necessarily.

Piatti coached both Ljubicic and Djokovic last year.

yes, but i guess that is a little easier since both of them pretty much reside in the same area. but becker predominantly lives in the u.s. whereas monfils has his home base in france. that would be quite a lot of travelling benhabiles got himself into then.

so the article didn't mention that he quit the work with becker? i've been googling the web for any info on becker but apparently there's no news out there. so it seems like he'll do both then, in whatever way that will work. :confused:

Andre♥
05-13-2007, 01:21 PM
yes, but i guess that is a little easier since both of them pretty much reside in the same area. but becker predominantly lives in the u.s. whereas monfils has his home base in france. that would be quite a lot of travelling benhabiles got himself into then.

so the article didn't mention that he quit the work with becker? i've been googling the web for any info on becker but apparently there's no news out there. so it seems like he'll do both then, in whatever way that will work. :confused:

The most likely is Monfils to move to Florida. He would have some frenchies there. At least Golovin lives there.