Will Agassi beat Srichaphan?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Agassi beat Srichaphan??

tennischick
08-17-2002, 12:36 PM
Andre has won this tourny five times already so it's a good bet that he has a good shot at winning it again. however, to do so he must first get past James Blake and then face either Marcelo Rios or his latest nemesis, the incomparable four-cornered kissing bandit aka Paradorn Srichaphan in the finals.

Andre struggled to beat Enqvist in the quarters and the scores show it: 6-7(8), 7-6(5), 6-3.

Blake beat Corretjamore easily and this honestly surprised me bec i think Alex has a better game than Blake on any surface.

will Andre get past Blake who is arguably the fresher of the two? and if he does, whom will he face in the final, an unhealthy Rios who has always had his number, or a healthy Srichaphan who spanked his arse out of Wimbledon and bowed and kissed to the crowd four times -- oh the horror! -- in a not too subtle moment of gloating.

no matter what, Andre has a tough couple of days ahead of him.

and James Blake has never had a better shot at his first single's title. what say y'all?

dbc
08-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Difficult to say.
Agassi may have had the tougher match (must have been the best Thomas played all year) but that could sharpen his fightng powers.
I am hoping for Rios over Srichaphan, but S would have the slight advantage on this service.
IF Agassi gets past Blake (Blake may be intimidated, we wait & see) I think he should have the advantage. He is not going to give Paradorn the upper hand again and also feel Rios is not quite up to his 1999 standard.

per4ever
08-17-2002, 03:35 PM
I think Andre played terrible at Wimbledon against Srichaphan...I think he can win this tourni again.

Don't forget Enqvist has always been a difficult opponent for Andre...

lurker
08-17-2002, 03:49 PM
This should be a cakewalk for Gagassi.

Hyde'
08-17-2002, 05:09 PM
really ?

I don't think so !

Goonergal
08-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Erm I guess not anymore ;) Well Done James!

Chloe le Bopper
08-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Who needs agassi :p

christinaE
08-18-2002, 09:37 AM
You jumped the gun on this one, TC!

tennischick
08-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by christinaE
You jumped the gun on this one, TC!

LOL!!! now go James!!!! he'd better win his first single's title! :mad: