Nadal: "I am destroyed, completley mentaly exhausted" NOT :) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal: "I am destroyed, completley mentaly exhausted" NOT :)

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Here's the link, sorry it's in spanish.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/tenis/es/desarrollo/992278.html

Nadal is very tired, let's see how he fares in tommorow's match....

RickDaStick
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I see that the RafaMan is already making excuses for tomorrow.

Forehander
05-12-2007, 09:13 PM

haha :p

Sunset of Age
05-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Well, he did have a tough match today, didn't he? :rolleyes:

We'll see how he'll do tomorrow. Usually his ability to recover is quite... remarkable.

jazar
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
gonzalez had an equally tough match

Louche
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
He will not play Hamburg...I hope.

FluffyYellowBall
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
This is translated. I hope it isnt as extreme as it sounds... It wasnt only long but they ran like hell, nadal ran more if i remember what the commentator said

mashamaniac
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
he's tired but as always will turn out as the winner of matches,and tomorrow he'll hopefully have a better day than t'day! so don't worry! he's a prodigy!

Kalliopeia
05-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I think it'd be more accurate to say he's laying the groundwork for pulling out of Hamburg.

At least I hope so.

mashamaniac
05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
gonzalez had an equally tough match

was it really tough??:cool: 6-16-2??

jazar
05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
was it really tough??:cool: 6-16-2??

sarcasm is a wonderful thing

nolop
05-12-2007, 09:23 PM
:woohoo:

kobulingam
05-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I think it'd be more accurate to say he's laying the groundwork for pulling out of Hamburg.

At least I hope so.

Yes he is. Dizziness, then this pronouncement will allow him to break the promise he gave to the Hamburg director without much negative publicity.

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes he is. Dizziness, then this pronouncement will allow him to break the promise he gave to the Hamburg director without much negative publicity.

The Hamburg directors can't give him much shit if he withdraws. For some reason Rome is always so hard to win. This may have something to do with the speed of the clay a bit....

Snowwy
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM

At least I hope so.

My first thought as well.

mashamaniac
05-12-2007, 09:28 PM

it surely is...:devil:

Becool
05-12-2007, 09:29 PM
hope gonzo beats the hell out of that one-armed person

kobulingam
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
The Hamburg directors can't give him much shit if he withdraws. For some reason Rome is always so hard to win. This may have something to do with the speed of the clay a bit....

Hamburg directors can give him shit if they wanted to. The question is what kind of general publicity his withdrawal will get. With the visits to the hospital from dizziness and his pronouncement of being burnt out, I doubt he's going to get negative publicity.

Rogiman
05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
He'll still win tomorrow's handily.

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Hamburg directors can give him shit if they wanted to. The question is what kind of general publicity his withdrawal will get. With the visits to the hospital from dizziness and his pronouncement of being burnt out, I doubt he's going to get negative publicity.

I agree.

Not directed to you, but a general comment: "What good is Nadal to tennis if he burns out in the next 2 years? He need to learn to play good while playing less amount of matches..."

BigAlbinoDonky
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
What a sissy, Davydenko plays much more often than Nadal, year round, and you don't hear him whining.

kobulingam
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I agree.

Not directed to you, but a general comment: "What good is Nadal to tennis if he burns out in the next 2 years? He need to learn to play good while playing less amount of matches..."

Problem is, he sucks when he doesn't play a lot. Some people just play really well when they play a lot and they need to keep busy to stay in good form.

In basketball, Manu Ginobilli plays horribly when he rests too much, and plays like an MVP when he's really busy. He also burnt out early (only had a few great years). But it's better than have 10 mediocre years, right?

Veronique
05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
No matter what happens tomorrow. He has no business playing next week. If he wants to support Hamburg, he should just show up and tell them he'll fight for the event but cannot play there this year. He can promise to play next year.

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Problem is, he sucks when he doesn't play a lot. Some people just play really well when they play a lot and they need to keep busy to stay in good form.

In basketball, Manu Ginobilli plays horribly when he rests too much, and plays like an MVP when he's really busy. He also burnt out early (only had a few great years). But it's better than have 10 mediocre years, right?

True.

But what about Dubai last year? He came from a horrible injury and won that tournament, only the second one he played after coming back....

SwiSha
05-12-2007, 09:36 PM

like Ivan when he lost to Canas @ Key Biscane :lol:

kobulingam
05-12-2007, 09:36 PM
True.

But what about Dubai last year? He came from a horrible injury and won that tournament, only the second one he played after coming back....

But I heard he had crazy training sessions for several weeks leading up to his return at Marseille.

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
:lol:

Good one.

SwiSha
05-12-2007, 09:38 PM
What a sissy, Davydenko plays much more often than Nadal, year round, and you don't hear him whining.

lol Davydenko retires more often and throws more matches then any other player, do u see that Nadal doing?

sissy my ass

RonE
05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
What a load of BS :rolleyes:

And the sad thing is there are still plenty of :retard:s out there who buy all this sandbagging horeshit of his and lap it up.

Mateya
05-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Will tommorow...be the day? :devil:

Gonzo must be very happy with Kolya´s work today, should buy him a beer :)

Or Levy
05-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Mentally burnt out??

Gawds, now I'm REALLY sorry I've missed that match.

He breezed through all of his matches till now! How hard can one difficult match be for him? He is so unused to being pushed around on clay, if he loses the clay streak, we'll see a total mental collapse, I suspect.

Honigman
05-12-2007, 09:46 PM
guys, be careful. what he said in the interview was ''I am dead tired and mentally exhausted as well'', not that he is destroyed and mentally burnt out. there is a difference.

RsaibotD
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Will tommorow...be the day? :devil:

Gonzo must be very happy with Kolya´s work today, should buy him a beer :)

:lol: ...... Nadal ya está dando excusas, como en el Abierto de Australia:confused:

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
guys, be careful. what he said in the interview was ''I am dead tired and mentally exhausted as well'', not that he is destroyed and mentally burnt out. there is a difference.

i'll change the completley part, you are right on that, could'nt think of a word for it.

Still Nadal is very tired...

NYCtennisfan
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
With this and hospital visit and being dizzy, he can withdraw from Hamburg. He's still going to pound Gonzo into the ground tommorrow.

Burrow
05-12-2007, 09:53 PM
he's tired but as always will turn out as the winner of matches,and tomorrow he'll hopefully have a better day than t'day! so don't worry! he's a prodigy!

:lol:

nisha
05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
he needs to skip hamburg and wait for the french!

NicoFan
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
In his interview in English, he just said he was a bit tired. I don't think he is destroyed. :lol:

And he talked about the mental pressure, said it wasn't the physical.

Rafa is a bull. He'll be fine tomorrow.

Doubt he'll play Hamburg though...

nolop
05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
In his interview in English, he just said he was a bit tired. I don't think he is destroyed. :lol:

And he talked about the mental pressure, said it wasn't the physical.

Rafa is a bull. He'll be fine tomorrow.

Doubt he'll play Hamburg though...

he said "estoy muerto. desgastado mentalmente"
"im death, mentally exhausted"

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
:confused:

In another interview, what Nicofan said was confirmed, he says he is just a bit tired, but that he is used to this rhythm...

here's the link: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=557637&s=ten&type=story

NicoFan
05-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Who knows Lafuria? :confused:

He said both. :lol:

I'm sure that he is tired. But I know Rafa. Again, he's a bull. He'll be fine for tomorrow. But he probably will need a week recovery after this.

guga2120
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
i doubt he will play Hamburg, but hes still going to beat Gonzo.

LinkMage
05-12-2007, 10:36 PM
LOL!

He'll still beat Gonzo easily.

Just like it happened with that hospital incident when people were expecting him to withdraw or lose to Youzhny.

Tom_Bombadil
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Mentally burnt out??

Gawds, now I'm REALLY sorry I've missed that match.

He breezed through all of his matches till now! How hard can one difficult match be for him? He is so unused to being pushed around on clay, if he loses the clay streak, we'll see a total mental collapse, I suspect.

That's your wish, but far from reality though.

Johnny Groove
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
hope gonzo beats the hell out of that one-armed person

Classy :yeah:

:spit: Yeah, but Kolya doesnt play until Sunday all the time, does he?

Alonsofz
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
So... Rafa won't be tired? :rolleyes:

Tzar
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
anyone here really thinks that feña can take title? CUz i dont!

€Stah
05-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Nadal will easily whipe his butt. Gonzo's bh is too weak on clay.

charliebrown
05-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Rafa will win in 2.

connectolove
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
it makes sense that Rafa is tired both mentally and physically and that is what is going to give us a good show tomorrow.

moon language
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM

Here you go:

"He tried for every ball -- it's amazing," Davydenko said. "It was my body. My shoulder was tired. I'm not like Nadal physically. I need to improve physically."

Alonsofz
05-12-2007, 11:14 PM
anyone here really thinks that feña can take title? CUz i dont!
Yo no lo pienso, yo SÉ que va a pasar.

Billabong
05-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Whoa, first he's dizzy, now he's destroyed, but he wins all the time anyway, so what's next:lol:?

NicoFan
05-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Yo no lo pienso, yo SÉ que va a pasar.

You're a good fan Alonso. :yeah: :)

Alonsofz
05-12-2007, 11:29 PM
You're a good fan Alonso. :yeah: :)
Thanks Lynn... I know that Feña will win tomorrow, because he has the tennis to beat Nadal in clay, and Rafa will be tired.

Jeronimo, deberías estar apoyando a Fernando... No es sólo un triunfo para él ni para Chile, es un triunfo para Latinoamérica.

tcorinna
05-12-2007, 11:30 PM
It is true that the match with Davidenko was hard but I think that he wants to prepare his excuse if Fena wins. I could be wrong ... It is just an opinion :wavey:

ReturnWinner
05-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Is his colon still in pain??????

NicoFan
05-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks Lynn... I know that Feña will win tomorrow, because he has the tennis to beat Nadal in clay, and Rafa will be tired.

I like them both a lot. It will be a difficult match for me because on one hand, I want Rafa to keep his streak going, but on the other hand, I want Fernando to win his first "big" title.

Rafa is a bull. I don't think that fatigue will play a part in it.

And with the exception of the match against Nico (which Nico handed to Fernando at the end because he got tight), Fernando didn't have a tough match. Which might end up hurting him becuase he hasn't had to gut out a match.

I give the edge to Rafa just because he's so mentally tough on clay and has been in this position before.

But matches aren't won on paper, and you never know!

Again...it will be a painful match for me to watch. :lol: I think that I'm just going to be a wimp and skip it and go to the Forest Hills challenger tomorrow...there's qualifying going on and maybe I can catch Adrian and Paul practicing. :yeah:

trixtah
05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
It is true that the match with Davidenko was hard but I think that he wants to prepare his excuse if Fena wins. I could be wrong ... It is just an opinion :wavey:

You wouldn't be tired and mentally exhausted after a marathon tennis match on clay? :worship: Everyone knows he's tired, why would he make excuses? I'd have said the same thing if I were in his shoes after that crazy match. He doesn't strike me as the type with a particularly large ego (like many on this forum).

Alonsofz
05-13-2007, 12:51 AM
You wouldn't be tired and mentally exhausted after a marathon tennis match on clay? :worship: Everyone knows he's tired, why would he make excuses? I'd have said the same thing if I were in his shoes after that crazy match. He doesn't strike me as the type with a particularly large ego (like many on this forum).

In AO, he defeated Murray in 5 sets, and 2 days later he lost to González 6-2 6-4 6-3, and then he said that he was injured, and he played very well against Feña :rolleyes:

Anyway, VAMOS FEÑA!

Scotso
05-13-2007, 02:00 AM
I hope he plays Hamburg anyway. He skips it too much, and that's not really cool. They should punish him if he does.

Plus, he really needs the points to catch Fed.

smitty8
05-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I'm sure Rafa's tired after the match today, but he's young and I'm sure he'll be fine. Tomorrow should be a good match.

Kolya
05-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Good work Kolya :lol:

Johnny Groove
05-13-2007, 03:39 AM
I hope he plays Hamburg anyway. He skips it too much, and that's not really cool. They should punish him if he does.

Plus, he really needs the points to catch Fed.

Yes, lets punish Nadal for the :retard: scheduling :rolleyes:

the_natural
05-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Good work Kolya :lol:

Yeh Ive never seen him play like that, I dont mean the ball striking hes always been great but ive never seen him withstand so much pressure (especially when he was leading), the best match of his career, hes really come a long way since last year :D But why did he have to do it against Rafa!?!? :mad:

liptea
05-13-2007, 04:55 AM
i mean, it was right after the match, right? obvi he's destroyed and mentally exhausted. good nights sleep and some poptarts, he'll be fine.

Medina
05-13-2007, 04:58 AM

I actually agree with u with something.. I ususaly dont with u

DhammaTiger
05-13-2007, 05:15 AM
^^ I don't agree with the 2 previous posters. Rafa is human, and like all humans he is subject to tiredness and exhaustion. Let us not forget that tennis is a physical and mental game even when played at the club level, what more at the level Rafa is playing. However, Rafa is mentally and physically resilient and I expect him to play his best tonight. Vamos Rafa!!

Sofyaxo
05-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Hum first the leak about him going to the hospital, and now this.

Is it legit, an excuse for playing badly against Davydenko, or a tactic against Gonzo?

Really announcing that you are destroyed and mentally exhausted isn't the best thing before going into a final. I'm not even going to blame it on his English either. Those are some choice words.

It's a little weird if you ask me.

Kalliopeia
05-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Hum first the leak about him going to the hospital, and now this.

Is it legit, an excuse for playing badly against Davydenko, or a tactic against Gonzo?

Really announcing that you are destroyed and mentally exhausted isn't the best thing before going into a final. I'm not even going to blame it on his English either. Those are some choice words.

It's a little weird if you ask me.

It's not an excuse for how he played against Davydenko. For one, he didn't play TERRIBLY, just not as good as he has been. And against someone playing like Davydenko was, that will cause problems. Plus, he was talking about how he felt after the match, not saying he was tired during it. And anyway, he won so why would he make excuses for anything?

I don't think it's a tactic against Gonzo either. Seems like that'd just make him more confident.

I don't see why, after a 3 hour 40 minute roller coaster of a match, anyone would have trouble believing that when he says he's exhausted, he's just telling the truth.

Kolya
05-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Yeh Ive never seen him play like that, I dont mean the ball striking hes always been great but ive never seen him withstand so much pressure (especially when he was leading), the best match of his career, hes really come a long way since last year :D But why did he have to do it against Rafa!?!? :mad:

Doing it against Rafa just shows he deserves to be in the top 5. Proves many critics wrong.

Action Jackson
05-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Nadal will be fine and be running just as hard and fast as he usually does.

alsace
05-13-2007, 08:36 AM
The title of this thread should probably be changed. The original Marca quote is so badly translated, it's misleading.

"Estoy muerto" is more like "I'm beat" or "I'm bushed," NOT "I'm destroyed." Rafa is just saying that the match with Davydenko was tough and exhausting. And it was. Far from making excuses for tomorrow's match, he was really complimenting Davydenko. He even says that Davydenko is one of the toughest opponents he's ever had.

The thread is making a mountain out of a molehill. Rafa was "beat," not "beaten." He needs a good night's sleep. And as anyone who follows him knows. . . Rafa is a GOOD sleeper!

:wavey:

A_Skywalker
05-13-2007, 08:55 AM
When you are exhausted there comes into play your mind power, he has it, it doesnt matter if he wins or looses. He is always a winner. Never give, never surrender.

Medina
05-13-2007, 09:02 AM
When you are exhausted there comes into play your mind power, he has it, it doesnt matter if he wins or looses. He is always a winner. Never give, never surrender.

God, yes its true u can get exaughsted, and against davydenko was hard cause he kept going behind him. But its natural to be tired and exaughsted after oen match his human for christ sakes, But i hope he gets his ass kicked by GOnzo :p

Sofyaxo
05-13-2007, 09:09 AM
It's not an excuse for how he played against Davydenko. For one, he didn't play TERRIBLY, just not as good as he has been. And against someone playing like Davydenko was, that will cause problems. Plus, he was talking about how he felt after the match, not saying he was tired during it. And anyway, he won so why would he make excuses for anything?

I don't think it's a tactic against Gonzo either. Seems like that'd just make him more confident.

I don't see why, after a 3 hour 40 minute roller coaster of a match, anyone would have trouble believing that when he says he's exhausted, he's just telling the truth.

I don't doubt it, I just find it very weird that he actually said something about it.

Would you want to make yourself seem weaker in the eyes of the man you have to go and play in the final of a masters?

scoobs
05-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I think if he's tired we may see a more aggressive Nadal today - he may try to shorten the points a little bit. If he can do that and still win them he'll walk this match. If he can't he's in trouble.

Gonzo's strategy needs to be to keep in the match, long rallies, keep Nadal out there fighting and he may stand a chance - but I'm not sure he has the consistency to do so.

Kalliopeia
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't doubt it, I just find it very weird that he actually said something about it.

Would you want to make yourself seem weaker in the eyes of the man you have to go and play in the final of a masters?

I mean, I don't know. Gonzalez surely watched the match and if Rafa had pretended NOT to be worn out by it I think I'd find that stranger. There's no way he wouldn't be. God, I was exhausted and I didn't do anything but sit here and stress out a lot. :lol:

Blue Heart24
05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Vamos FENA!!!!

SBruguera
05-13-2007, 12:55 PM

I couldn´t agree more. The people is taking these quotes out of context. He is just saying that he is mentally exhausted bc the match was difficult and tough, and the interview was made just after the match. I doubt he was implying anything else.

Frooty_Bazooty
05-13-2007, 12:57 PM

the way you can tell if someone is being sarcastic is mainly by the tone of their voice, which cannot be put across in typing

martine2
05-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I think Rafa will be fine today. He'll be running on adrenalin if necessary.
But I hope he skips Hamburg and takes the time to prepare for RG.

trixtah
05-13-2007, 01:59 PM
the way you can tell if someone is being sarcastic is mainly by the tone of their voice, which cannot be put across in typing

yes, if you're an idiot. or a robot.

Mateya
05-13-2007, 03:40 PM
It doesnt look like it at the moment. :haha: :haha:

It is gonna be a quick one. :rolls: (6-2, 3-0)

Sunset of Age
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
As expected - not a sign of any fatique or whatsoever. ;)

Loremaster
05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah sure , he is very tired and mentally exhausted whipping the court with Fena

rofe
05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
It doesnt look like it at the moment. :haha: :haha:

It is gonna be a quick one. :rolls: (6-2, 3-0)

And Gonzo is very keep on helping Nadal get over the "mental exhaustion". :lol:

l_mac
05-13-2007, 03:44 PM
In his press conference he said he was a little tired, but it had been more of a mental test.

I think the thread starter was just yanking our chains.

Pfloyd
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
In his press conference he said he was a little tired, but it had been more of a mental test.

I think the thread starter was just yanking our chains.

:devil:

Considering what's going on at the moment, it may well be....

BUt seriosuly he had two diffrent interviews in which he said he was dead tired and was mentaly exhausted, in the other he said he was just a little tired and was used to this type of pace so.....

Nothing intentional

:)

Kalliopeia
05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Obviously it wasn't anything a good night's sleep couldn't fix.

sigmagirl91
05-13-2007, 04:08 PM
So much for being "tired."

ExpectedWinner
05-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Lafuria must be taking drama classes, that's all. :p

Pfloyd
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
:)

guga2120
05-13-2007, 04:28 PM
he was clearly tired after that match with ND, but hes only 20 he can recover quick.

NYCtennisfan
05-13-2007, 04:28 PM
That was expected.

ReturnWinner
05-13-2007, 04:31 PM
most 20 years old players after playing such an intensive match yesterday would not recover that quick
he was clearly tired after that match wi th ND, but hes only 20 he can recover quick.

Sunset of Age
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
most 20 years old players after playing such an intensive match yesterday would not recover that quick

No, that's true, but Rafa is extremely talented in recovery!
As in many other things too, one of them being 'playing tennis'. :angel:

Beforehand
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM
It's not like Gonzalez really made him work all that much today, either.

scoobs
05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I still think he was pretty tired today - but Gonzalez completely failed to take any sort of advantage of it. Nadal needed less than 90 minutes to wrap it up - even in a tired state he can manage that because he wasn't MENTALLY pushed at all by Gonzalez - he never got into any kind of dogfight so his reserves were hardly drained in 90 minutes.

Pfloyd
05-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I still think he was pretty tired today - but Gonzalez completely failed to take and sort of advantage of it. Nadal needed less than 90 minutes to wrap it up - even in a tired state he can manage that because he wasn't MENTALLY pushed at all by Gonzalez - he never got into any kind of dogfight so his reserves were hardly drained in 90 minutes.

This is true.

But Nadal could have gone for a few more sets too.

I kind of wish Gonzo had pushed Nadal a bit more, this way it would be almost assured that Rafa withdraws from Hamburg. I hope he does, he is seriosuly risking losing his streak and maybe Roland Garros if he dosen't withdraw from Hamburg...

Sunset of Age
05-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I kind of wish Gonzo had pushed Nadal a bit more, this way it would be almost assured that Rafa withdraws from Hamburg. I hope he does, he is seriosuly risking losing his streak and maybe Roland Garros if he dosen't withdraw from Hamburg...

I think we all had wanted to see more of a MATCH, but Gonzo appeared to be completely *off* today. Sad to see!

I'm not so sure that Rafa will lose his winning streak if he plays Hamburg. Rather the contrary - can't see anyone pushing him with his current form. But you may be right - it may be a better tactic to rest before RG. We'll see. I'm sure he himself knows what he needs to do. ;)

Kalliopeia
05-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I still think he was pretty tired today - but Gonzalez completely failed to take any sort of advantage of it. Nadal needed less than 90 minutes to wrap it up - even in a tired state he can manage that because he wasn't MENTALLY pushed at all by Gonzalez - he never got into any kind of dogfight so his reserves were hardly drained in 90 minutes.

I agree. I think if Gonzalez had pushed him like Davydenko did yesterday, it could have gone badly.

I think we all had wanted to see more of a MATCH, but Gonzo appeared to be completely *off* today. Sad to see!

I expected a match, but although I love Gonzalez I was hoping it would be easy for Rafa. Simply because of what I said above, I would be worried that he wouldn't be able to hold up to that kind of pressure again so soon after yesterday. And I don't want him to lose any confidence at all going into Roland Garros.

the_natural
05-14-2007, 12:32 PM
You could see Rafa wasnt 100%, Gonzo got a bit of a bad start too, but like everyone else he was completley taken outta the match after rafa started striking the ball well very aggressive and deep. Koyla takes it on the rise on clay, he does it consistently, and hes got agassi-esque timing and hand eye co-ordination, its a totally different match up, not even Safin at his best (regarded as the cleanest striker off both wings from his generation) coulda done it the way koyla did it. Gonzo is good but he does need a tiny bit more time and cant attack with the backhand as consistently he uses that chip/slice to get set keep him in the rally till he gets a forehand and even on the forehand he likes to have a split second more after it bounces. When nadal strikes the ball like that (As he has against Djokovic and Youzhny) he cant really be bossed around by anyone for more than a few games (cept someone who can play like koyla).

So I dont think its totally gonzo's fault (plus hes been playing so horribly and this week he turned it on, and he was in a huge final blah blah blah, Good work on saving one of the breaks of serve :) )

€Stah
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM
He is on juice, no?:shrug:

gillian
05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I think he'll be ok in two weeks, no?