I think Nadal's clay winning streak is done.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I think Nadal's clay winning streak is done..

ys
05-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Even if he wins today.. Tomorrow he will play after draining 4h match against fresh player, who , additionaly, has a very strong record against..

You never write off a fighter like Rafa.. but at this point my money on his streak ending this weekend..

rafa_maniac
05-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Sadly, I agree.

azmad_88
05-12-2007, 05:49 PM
i couldnt care less of his streak..
RG is wats more important

but he doesnt look 100% vs davydenko from the start though

but davy great FIGHT!

Johnny Groove
05-12-2007, 05:50 PM
:retard:

RickDaStick
05-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Man this Nadal clown cant hold serve to save his life.

Sunset of Age
05-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Davydenko is playing the match of his life and Rafa doesn't seem to be as good as he usually is. Still I think Raf will prevail in the end.

These kind of threads are pretty useless, BTW...

ExcaliburII
Man this Nadal clown cant hold serve to save his life.

you think every player is a clown except for Ljubo right? :rolleyes:

nsidhan
I agree. Nadal will be too tired agaist Gonzo. Eventhough you can't write Nadal off, it would be a pretty good bet (that he loses tomorrow).

ExcaliburII
05-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Forgot to say, Rafa is on drugs so he will probably have enough energy to win today, and win tomorrow.

RickDaStick
05-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Adios El Tardo.:wavey:

Pfloyd
05-12-2007, 05:56 PM
It's about time his streak ends. And I'm saying this as a fan. The streak causes pressure too, although Nadal tries to downplay it.

I see nothing wrong in Nadal losing today. If he does, it was simply because Nadal was well below his level, and Davydenko was spot on.

It's all good.

rafa_maniac
05-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm more interested in him defending his points from last year and winning a 3rd out of a possible 4 masters crowns this year than keeping his streak going...

Wannabeknowitall
05-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Who cares if the streak is done.
Who is going to beat Nadal in a best of 5 sets.
It took Davydenko almost 90 minutes to get a set off of Nadal.
In all liklihood, it's going to take a 6 hour marathon to beat Nadal at Roland Garros.
I just don't see anyone who has the stamina to keep up with Nadal, that long.

RickDaStick
05-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Who cares if the streak is done.
Who is going to beat Nadal in a best of 5 sets.
It took Davydenko almost 90 minutes to get a set off of Nadal.
In all liklihood, it's going to take a 6 hour marathon to beat Nadal at Roland Garros.
I just don't see anyone who has the stamina to keep up with Nadal, that long.

well actually it looks like Davydenko is doing better physically right now than Nadal.

ReturnWinner
05-12-2007, 06:08 PM
you think all posts against your lovely Nadal are :retard:

now that is :retard: for sure

BgStallion
05-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Personally I don't think that Rafas game is off . It's just that Kolyas game is amazing and he's just not a comfortable player for Rafa - he plays on the rise and is stable and yet agressive,while rafa play about 2m behind the baseline.

ReturnWinner
05-12-2007, 06:12 PM
yes that is the true
Personally I don't think that Rafas game is off . It's just that Kolyas game is amazing and he's just not a comfortable player for Rafa - he plays on the rise and is stable and yet agressive,while rafa play about 2m behind the baseline.

neme6
05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I thought that in the 1st set Rafa wasn't playing good at all, but more and more I believe that Koyla is just playing the match of his life, he is dictating the points from the baseline, you have to be a really great shot maker to do that to Nadal!

BORO77
05-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I cant see anyone beat Rafa:worship: :worship: on clay this season:)

propi
05-12-2007, 06:23 PM
If Rafa manages to win today, a victory tomorrow seems very far away :sad:
I guess this could mean goodbye to Hamburg as well :o
If only Tommy would have won yesterday :sad: :p

l_mac
05-12-2007, 06:28 PM

I thought Rafa looked off today, but I agree that Davydenko is not a comfortable match for Nadal.

Can't imagine how he'll be ready for Gonzalez tomorrow.

CyBorg
05-12-2007, 06:28 PM
No way. Gonzalez doesn't have Davydenko's heart. Won't happen.

That said, it looks like Nadal may skip Hamburg.

RonE
05-12-2007, 06:29 PM
I hardly think he will lose to Gonzalez- those slice BH's which he used to outmaneuvre Nadal with in Australia will sit up begging to be hit and more often than not I feel Fena will be on the defensive.

Still, I do think this marathon match has effectively put an end to Nadal's Hamburg campaign this year.

CyBorg
05-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Can't imagine how he'll be ready for Gonzalez tomorrow.

Even if he'll suck he'll still kill Gonzalez. Give me one way Fernando can trouble Nadal.

Johnny Groove
05-12-2007, 06:30 PM
you think all posts against your lovely Nadal are :retard:

now that is :retard: for sure

Feel good about yourself?

ReturnWinner
05-12-2007, 06:31 PM
yes you?
Feel good about yourself?

GlennMirnyi
05-12-2007, 06:32 PM
yes you?

They say you don't argue with lunatics, mate. ;)

Flibbertigibbet
05-12-2007, 06:34 PM
No, it's about match-ups, and Gonzalez doesn't match up well to Nadal on clay at all.

l_mac
05-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Even if he'll suck he'll still kill Gonzalez. Give me one way Fernando can trouble Nadal.

If Nadal is playing well I can't think of any player who can trouble him hugely on clay, my point was really wondering if Nadal has the time to recover from the Davydenko match before the final.

He looked tired and out of sorts today throughout the whole match.

CyBorg
05-12-2007, 06:44 PM
If Nadal is playing well I can't think of any player who can trouble him hugely on clay, my point was really wondering if Nadal has the time to recover from the Davydenko match before the final.

He looked tired and out of sorts today throughout the whole match.

And he still won.

At least Davydenko is a former French Open semifinalist. He has some history on clay. Gonzalez is a hard courter. I'll eat my hat if he wins tomorrow.

Johnny Groove
05-12-2007, 06:48 PM
yes you?

Better than if Nadal had lost :p

spriwi

jenanun
nah..... still think nadal is going to win...

i think its now best of 3 instead of 5 will help nadal....

l_mac
05-12-2007, 06:49 PM
And he still won.

At least Davydenko is a former French Open semifinalist. He has some history on clay. Gonzalez is a hard courter. I'll eat my hat if he wins tomorrow.

I certainly hope you won't be eating your hat tomorrow!

Mateya
05-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Yes, after droping one set, he is loosing his confidence and will loose Hamburg and RG in first round.

NYCtennisfan
05-12-2007, 07:07 PM
nah..... still think nadal is going to win...

i think its now best of 3 instead of 5 will help nadal....

Best of 3 helps Gonzo. Best of 3 ALWAYS helps the underdog unless there are some injury questions.

CyBorg
05-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I certainly hope you won't be eating your hat tomorrow!

I won't (I don't have one).:)

Tom_Bombadil
05-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Nadal still has fair chances to win. The most important thing about his incredible streak is that each day is a different day, and each match is a world in his own. You can play incredibly good against Youzhny and Djokovic and suddenly you feel not that good about your tennis the next day (kudos for Davydenko for that), but still manages to win. 76 and counting! It's incredible, I don't have adjectives for that.

Corswandt
05-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Even if he wins today.. Tomorrow he will play after draining 4h match against fresh player, who , additionaly, has a very strong record against..

Nudd-Ahl doesn't get tired. He just doesn't.

shotgun
05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Many people thought so after the Berdych match in Bastad, or after the Nieminen match in Barcelona.

Merton
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Playing a long match today is not that critical, Nadal should be fine tomorrow. Mere adrenaline would be enough to carry him. Usually it is not a single long match but a streak of hard matches that eventually affects a player. Case in point, Rome 2005 and Rome 2006.

RonE
05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
And he still won.

I think Nadal is a lock to win tomorrow but you are doing a disservice to Fena's clay court reputation.

He is after all a former FO quarterfinalist and he took the champion to be Juan Carlos Ferrero to five sets in that quarterfinal and he also has a semifinal in Monte Carlo last year to his name. He is no claycourt hack.

CyBorg
05-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I think Nadal is a lock to win tomorrow but you are doing a disservice to Fena's clay court reputation.

He is after all a former FO quarterfinalist and he took the champion to be Juan Carlos Ferrero to five sets in that quarterfinal and he also has a semifinal in Monte Carlo last year to his name. He is no claycourt hack.

He's no hack but he'll have his tail between his legs tomorrow.

RonE
05-12-2007, 08:09 PM
He's no hack but he'll have his tail between his legs tomorrow.

Of that there can be little doubt if any.

yana
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM

You never write off a fighter like Rafa.. but at this point my money on his streak ending this weekend..

O, really? :sad:

Forehander
05-12-2007, 09:12 PM
look you Rafa fans lol Nadal will NOT lose. To me, Davydenko is a bit of an exception when it comes to him competing against Nadal because he has such a consistent game and Rafa don't seem to favour such a style much though he has won the past encounters. I gotta say, Nadal's gained even more confidence after such a hard-fought battle and he will thump Gonzalez easily - everything turns around on clay for this God of Clay. all players competing against him aren't even half of what he is on this surface. I agree that he'll be tired yes. But it won't affect him crushing Gonzalez just like crushing Djokovic and Youhzny.

Andre'sNo1Fan
05-12-2007, 10:09 PM
This forum writes Nadal off all the time.........he can't win outside clay (wins Indian Wells), he's crap on grass (gets to final of Wimby), Federer now knows how to beat him on clay.....etc, etc. Just because he's had a tough match, you clowns should give the guy more respect. He didn't win 75 matches on a row on clay without a few matches like this before.........you only have to check the last 2 finals in Rome. Rafa will be ready.

nolop
05-12-2007, 10:13 PM
bullshit.........bla bla bla......... bullshit.........you only have to check the last 2 finals in Rome. Rafa will be ready.

after that finals he withdraw from hamburg,a big and difficult match really affected him before:wavey:

Andre'sNo1Fan
05-12-2007, 10:17 PM
after that finals he withdraw from hamburg,a big and difficult match really affected him before:wavey:
Yeh, he wanted extra preparation for RG.........besides those matches were nearly 6 hours, this was just 3 :)

shotgun
05-13-2007, 12:19 AM
At least Davydenko is a former French Open semifinalist. He has some history on clay. Gonzalez is a hard courter.

Gonzalez is an all-surface player.

ReturnWinner
05-13-2007, 12:21 AM
true, gonzalez has reached a quarterfinal in roland garros 2003, a quarterfinal

in Hamburg, a quarterfinal in Rome, a semis in Montecarlo,a final in Rome (and

yet has to play the final), and won several titles on clay

Gonzalez is an all-surface player.

ys
05-13-2007, 04:29 PM
What a phenomenal claycourt player.. The best ever.. And that including Bjorn..

gebl
05-13-2007, 04:32 PM
What a phenomenal claycourt player.. The best ever.. And that including Bjorn..

agreed, certainly

sawan66278
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Rafa...the champion with GUTS and HEART has done it again....

Forgot to say, Rafa is on drugs so he will probably have enough energy to win today, and win tomorrow.

It's amazing what people can get away with writing on the internet. You are fortunate, my friend, to not be charged with libel.