Federer - General Opinion thread from me, an occasional visitor! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer - General Opinion thread from me, an occasional visitor!

flyguydsl
05-12-2007, 08:00 AM
OK - so Federer has lost 5 times in the last two months which seems like a lot. Now before all you GenMssg people shoot me down for not knowing - honestly..... has his platinum sparkle lost a small spark (although he is still miles ahead of the pack)

What happened this week at Monte Carlo and at Indian Wells and Miami. I would like to hear other's opinion.

Frederick16
05-12-2007, 08:30 AM
volandri showed how deep the mens field is.. he can beat a not in form number 1 of the world if he is playing really great

VolandriFan
05-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Federer often plays shit matches outside of slams. It all depends on how shit, and whether his opponent decides to take advantage of it. Canas and Nadal are bad matchups for Federer, so it's not so suprising really.

Stensland
05-12-2007, 10:05 AM
it seems to me that roger doesn't play outstanding enough anymore to cope with his unforced errors. even during the last two years he used to do loads of unforced errors, but he was capable of "hiding" them in the stats due to the fact that his winners easily outdistanced his ue's. these days, he's lacking of winners and his errors make him go down.

i don't know if he's just been riding on a wave of success during the last years or so, but i guess this is true somehow. the way he's playing now is the "true" federer, who is still ahead of the rest, but not by that much of a margin. he's the one, but the 2 is hanging in there. in 05 or 06 he was like the one and two and three together, with rafa being the 4 (referring to the distance in ranking points).

ycpg
05-12-2007, 10:16 AM
People relax. If Federer lost at Wimbledon, I would consider it a problem. He will probably not win the French, which no one expects him to because Nadal is too good. Once Federer is back on the grass, I expect that he will find his form again and continue it through the hard court season. Remember last year? He was so disappointed with the French Open loss and then went to Halle and strugged, winning I believe 4 straight matches in 3 sets, including one where he faced multiple match points. He then went to Wimbledon and got a brutal draw and everyone thought he was ripe for the picking. What did he do? He won 21 out of 22 sets and then continued his run until the Australian Open. When someone beats him in a grand slam match other than the French, then people can start really panicking about his confidence.

chet_anpv's remarks about Federer are just bitterness about his legend. His says that now there are young players maturing to take Federer out. But if Federer now regroups and wins Wimbledon, the US Open and Aussie Open, he will backtrack again and say the era is weak again. It's situational reasoning and makes no sense

CyBorg
05-12-2007, 01:52 PM
OK - so Federer has lost 5 times in the last two months which seems like a lot. Now before all you GenMssg people shoot me down for not knowing - honestly..... has his platinum sparkle lost a small spark (although he is still miles ahead of the pack)

What happened this week at Monte Carlo and at Indian Wells and Miami. I would like to hear other's opinion.

Where is your opinion?

Burrow
05-12-2007, 02:31 PM
volandri showed how deep the mens field is.. he can beat a not in form number 1 of the world if he is playing really great

the mens game isnt as deep as it was in previous years, especially back in the 2000 or 2001 days.